Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 7, 2013 8:05 PM

Dec 2009
MANabe is the best character in this show lol
Feb 7, 2013 9:15 PM

Dec 2011
The MORI thing made me laugh so hard that I cried, oh God.
I hate to say this, but Kotoura-san gets much better when it focuses on being funny rather than dramatic.
Feb 7, 2013 9:25 PM

Dec 2011
Mori! /(*v*)/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2013 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was comedy-driven and it was hilarious! Lol'd so much @ the Mori parts and when Kotoura kept bumping into the boxes. Simple repetitive gag but still gets me every time. That picture with Kotoura sleeping with Manabe is so cute. xD Moritani must be super strong to carry all those tires. Aww, everyone was cheering for Kotoura but she ended up falling over. D:
Feb 7, 2013 10:18 PM

Oct 2012
Refreshing. As much as I don't mind the drama and it was really effective at times...It's good to have an episode where you can just enjoy the comedy.
Feb 7, 2013 11:30 PM

Dec 2012
HAHAHA... So Hilarious so far the best episode of kotoura-san XD *MORI* *MORI*

Feb 8, 2013 1:31 AM

Sep 2011
Mori.
Feb 8, 2013 1:54 AM

Sep 2012
Seems like a typical rom com now. This episode was okay but I hope there is still some dark elements in future episodes. Maybe something related to the prez and her mother?
Feb 8, 2013 2:30 AM

Feb 2012
bastek66 said:
Did you get that reference?

I was lmao during this scene.
Feb 8, 2013 3:17 AM

Aug 2012
Marow said:
Kotoura-san ended last episode.
And such a shame too.

Oh well. I hope this anime gets better..
Feb 8, 2013 3:28 AM

Oct 2012
I dropped this anime. This show was just about to get good, but then Kotoura came back... Got my hopes up.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 8, 2013 3:29 AM

May 2010
Haha,that was hilarious...Moriiiii!!
Feb 8, 2013 4:06 AM
Jun 2008
InfiniteRyvius said:

In that first scene in the clubroom, Kotoura casually reveals that Moritani secretly wants to be with Manabe, causing the cute tsundere reaction of Moritani. Right, about that, doesn't that show that despite everything that's happened in her life, that Kotoura has still not learned to show restraint when blurting out people's thoughts?
I thought that scene show that Moritani is accustomed to Kotoura's behavior.I am sure doing this among friend are not a big matter.
Of course , if she still does this among stranger, she will get bash badly, but I don't think this episode shows that .
Feb 8, 2013 4:12 AM

Jan 2011
E E ESP!
Feb 8, 2013 4:45 AM

Jan 2013

MORI!!!

Feb 8, 2013 5:52 AM

May 2008
MORI. Also a change in Ending i like them both . Hopefully Kotoura san wont have to go through anymore hardships anymore.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 8, 2013 6:15 AM

Sep 2012
Mori mori Mori mori.
Mori mori ! Mori mori Mori ?
Feb 8, 2013 7:00 AM

Sep 2012
Meh dropped.
If it's just a comedy show, well tbh their humor is kinda lame and the jokes are repetitive. and i can't really watch it for the romance cos the main couple annoyed me for some reason. and just bad writing overall i mean the fact that they forgive the bitch with all the things she did in just a single "sorry", well i'm not stupid enough to eat all that up, but i don't know maybe i'm just watching it with a serious mindset cos episode 1 made it look like a serious show, but eh didn't enjoyed it.
PonpokopiiFeb 8, 2013 7:05 AM
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Feb 8, 2013 8:12 AM

Jun 2012
Not bad, although Moritani's personality took a full swing since she joined Kotoura's group. I guess idiocy really does spread. Anyway, it had some funny scenes, although I don't believe I like the series much, and probably will not. Her mind-reading almost never coems into play now, except for when Manabe thinks of some perverted things, and that's about it.
3/5.

Feb 8, 2013 8:35 AM
Jan 2012
So adorable and so refreshing xD happy as can be with this I swear.
Cant wait for the plot to develop more.
Feb 8, 2013 9:03 AM

Jan 2013
Wordsmith said:
Someone make a gif of Kotoura rolling around on the floor *puppyeyes*

This episode was cute, with the sleepover and all. Kotoura sleeping on Manabe was just made of win.

Also, Kotoura naked apron.... *nosebleed*

And lets not forget....

MORI!

Here it is. Well kinda small though :/

AND FOR MORI!

kevknFeb 8, 2013 9:10 AM
Feb 8, 2013 10:47 AM

May 2012
fun ep~
Feb 8, 2013 11:12 AM

Apr 2010
Poor Moritani not knowing what's going on Manabe certainly likes to make people look bad hope Moritani doesn't find about that picture.
Kotoura's new apartment is a lot smaller then her previous one i liked her previous one more then again i am not the one living there.
Feb 8, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2008
katsucats said:
I dropped this anime. This show was just about to get good, but then Kotoura came back... Got my hopes up.

It wouldn't be titled "Kotoura-san" if the story doesn't revolve around Kotoura.

Laters man. Hope for "Manabe-san" anime spinoff.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 8, 2013 1:13 PM

Oct 2009
The president is as manipulative as ever.

I think she was helped by the fact that Manabe perversion acts as a good mind reading jammer against Kotoura, as she was always distracted from it. I also wonder how the president managed to block Kotoura abilities. Perhaps she is a talented con-artist that can even deceive her own mind. That is her super ability, ultimate Poker Face.

Mori take a heel face turn, and even trigger some gap-Moe flag for me.
It's okay Mori, it is fine to love and hate Kotura for taking potential boyfriend that you fell in love with since childhood, after all, she's our beloved Mary Sue.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 8, 2013 1:53 PM

Mar 2011
Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Also.... hah no. I'd be pretty horrified if literally no one at any point in Kotoura's childhood told her that maybe she shouldn't just blurt things from their minds out.
As would I. But I definitely think part of the premise of this show is that in this world that is just exactly what happened.

You mean it's a plot point? No, I don't think it is, her being a mind reader is a plot point, the fact that no one told her was a plot contrivance, and I'm not going to accept that, because it's preposterous.

Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Also, it's not exactly the hardest thing to work out, "People are scared of me as the fear I will reveal their secrets, so, just maybe, I should try to NOT REVEAL THEIR SECRETS".
And I think that's where the disconnect is - I don't see any evidence that Kotoura ever actually made that very connection.

I realise she didn't, that's exactly what I'm pointing out, I'm saying Kotoura would have to be inanely stupid to not be able to figure that out in over 10 years. That is another plot contrivance.

Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Argue all you want about a child not getting it, but someone in highschool? JUST NO.
And this, I think, is the root of the problem - this is a story that is taking some issues and concepts and stretching them way out of normal proportions. I don't see it as being meant to be strictly realistic (though as mora404@ says there are plenty of examples of kids in high school being total social outcast, some with very real traumatic past), any more than say a story about girls becoming magical girls and getting their power from picture books so they can save the world from a Bad End is supposed to be realistic. I'm Okay accepting the show's premise and letting the story run it's course.

Let me tell you the difference between a plot point and poor writing. In the case of the magical girls, the plot points are that 1) there are magical girls, 2) they get powers from picture books etc. they are unrealistic, but they are plot points. If one of the girls is a horrible raping bitch, then suddenly for no reason changes personality so that she's now nice, that's poor writing. For Kotoura-san, the fact that she can read minds is a plot point. The story should be realistic given this framework created by the initial plot points, and then it can act as a "realistic" piece of writing. Since the show does nothing to indicate that nothing else is different about the world of Kotoura-san apart from the powers of the main protagonist, we assume that the actions of humans have some sembelance to those in real life. However, the characters in the show act in a way that we would not expect any reasonable (by which I mean not crazy/retarded) individual to act. I can believe that someone would act like how Manabe acts, I can believe someone could act like how the president acts, I cannot believe how out of the over 100 people that must have been in Kotoura's life, not one of them told her "Don't tell other people's secrets", or words to that effect.

MorningGlory said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

In that first scene in the clubroom, Kotoura casually reveals that Moritani secretly wants to be with Manabe, causing the cute tsundere reaction of Moritani. Right, about that, doesn't that show that despite everything that's happened in her life, that Kotoura has still not learned to show restraint when blurting out people's thoughts?
I thought that scene show that Moritani is accustomed to Kotoura's behavior. I am sure doing this among friend are not a big matter.
Of course , if she still does this among stranger, she will get bash badly, but I don't think this episode shows that .

You say that, but I see no evidence that Kotoura takes who she is talking about into account. Also, just because they are friendly doesn't mean it's okay for Kotoura to just reveal her secrets. Would you think it was okay to reveal the secrets/thoughts of your friends? Thought not.
Feb 8, 2013 2:04 PM

May 2011
Hilarious episode as always. I love how they just make fun of Moritani the whole time. :D
Feb 8, 2013 2:12 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
InfiniteRyvius said:
Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Also.... hah no. I'd be pretty horrified if literally no one at any point in Kotoura's childhood told her that maybe she shouldn't just blurt things from their minds out.
As would I. But I definitely think part of the premise of this show is that in this world that is just exactly what happened.

You mean it's a plot point? No, I don't think it is, her being a mind reader is a plot point, the fact that no one told her was a plot contrivance, and I'm not going to accept that, because it's preposterous.
That's Okay. You can do that. I won't hold it against you ;)
Feb 8, 2013 2:16 PM
Jun 2008
InfiniteRyvius said:

You say that, but I see no evidence that Kotoura takes who she is talking about into account. Also, just because they are friendly doesn't mean it's okay for Kotoura to just reveal her secrets. Would you think it was okay to reveal the secrets/thoughts of your friends? Thought not.
Are you saying that Kotoura is forbidden to use her ability even among friends, even among ESP club members? 0.0"
I think this is very normal for me, or maybe I am just a weirdo who think that way lol
Feb 8, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2012
Entertaining episode as usual.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 8, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
During the scene in the club room when Kotoura slips and says that Moritani wants to be there to be close to Manabe, seemed more like a friendly slip than a mind reading one. She was stating the obvious.
InfiniteRyvius said:
Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Also, it's not exactly the hardest thing to work out, "People are scared of me as the fear I will reveal their secrets, so, just maybe, I should try to NOT REVEAL THEIR SECRETS".
And I think that's where the disconnect is - I don't see any evidence that Kotoura ever actually made that very connection.

I realise she didn't, that's exactly what I'm pointing out, I'm saying Kotoura would have to be inanely stupid to not be able to figure that out in over 10 years. That is another plot contrivance.

Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Argue all you want about a child not getting it, but someone in highschool? JUST NO.
And this, I think, is the root of the problem - this is a story that is taking some issues and concepts and stretching them way out of normal proportions. I don't see it as being meant to be strictly realistic (though as mora404@ says there are plenty of examples of kids in high school being total social outcast, some with very real traumatic past), any more than say a story about girls becoming magical girls and getting their power from picture books so they can save the world from a Bad End is supposed to be realistic. I'm Okay accepting the show's premise and letting the story run it's course.

Let me tell you the difference between a plot point and poor writing. In the case of the magical girls, the plot points are that 1) there are magical girls, 2) they get powers from picture books etc. they are unrealistic, but they are plot points. If one of the girls is a horrible raping bitch, then suddenly for no reason changes personality so that she's now nice, that's poor writing. For Kotoura-san, the fact that she can read minds is a plot point. The story should be realistic given this framework created by the initial plot points, and then it can act as a "realistic" piece of writing. Since the show does nothing to indicate that nothing else is different about the world of Kotoura-san apart from the powers of the main protagonist, we assume that the actions of humans have some sembelance to those in real life. However, the characters in the show act in a way that we would not expect any reasonable (by which I mean not crazy/retarded) individual to act. I can believe that someone would act like how Manabe acts, I can believe someone could act like how the president acts, I cannot believe how out of the over 100 people that must have been in Kotoura's life, not one of them told her "Don't tell other people's secrets", or words to that effect.

MorningGlory said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

I thought that scene show that Moritani is accustomed to Kotoura's behavior. I am sure doing this among friend are not a big matter.

During the scene in the club room when Kotoura slips and says that Moritani wants to be there to be close to Manabe, seemed more like a friendly slip than a mind reading one. She was stating the obvious.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 8, 2013 2:52 PM

Mar 2011
Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

OH YOU.

MorningGlory said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

Are you saying that Kotoura is forbidden to use her ability even among friends, even among ESP club members? 0.0"
I think this is very normal for me, or maybe I am just a weirdo who think that way lol

So, if you're with your friend and you read his mind to find out he fancies a girl but is too nervous to say etc., would you think it's okay for you to tell that girl that the guys likes her? And you think your friend would be alright with this?

Also, saying that it should be alright because it's the ESP club is silly. For example, if Moritani actually had psychokinesis, I doubt that even though it's the ESP club they'd be fine with her going Sylar on everyone's ass.

mora404 said:

You say that, but would someone as stupid as Kotoura be able to work that out unless she read her mind? Also, even if it was obvious to her, it wasn't to Manabe, and keeping secrets you didn't find out with your mind reading is much the same as keeping secrets read with her mind reading.
Feb 8, 2013 2:57 PM
Jun 2008
I still think its weird for Kotoura not to use her ability in ESP club.
For the past few episode till now, I learn that friend(from ESP club) are accustomed to Kotoura's ability.They know their thought are visible to Kotoura , and they don't mind about that. I don't understand why you couldn't accept this....
I think its weird for me that X-men are not allowed to use their X-men ability in their own X-men academy. Dr.Xavier is not proud of this >_>"
Feb 8, 2013 3:03 PM

Mar 2011
I am not saying that she should not use her powers, I am saying she should use them responsibly.

So she can read someone's mind sure, I'm sure they are all aware that it will probably happen, but telling people someone else's secrets is another matter.
Feb 8, 2013 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
InfiniteRyvius said:
Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Cratex said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

OH YOU.

MorningGlory said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

So, if you're with your friend and you read his mind to find out he fancies a girl but is too nervous to say etc., would you think it's okay for you to tell that girl that the guys likes her? And you think your friend would be alright with this?

Also, saying that it should be alright because it's the ESP club is silly. For example, if Moritani actually had psychokinesis, I doubt that even though it's the ESP club they'd be fine with her going Sylar on everyone's ass.

mora404 said:

You say that, but would someone as stupid as Kotoura be able to work that out unless she read her mind? Also, even if it was obvious to her, it wasn't to Manabe, and keeping secrets you didn't find out with your mind reading is much the same as keeping secrets read with her mind reading.

I think if they can forgive Moritani for getting Manabe beaten up then they can forgive Kotoura for a little ESP slip up. I recall a time when Kotoura read the President's mind and saw some startling things and didn't telll everyone what she saw. She does have the ability at times to control her behavior. I think she is impulsive and a klutz.. not necessarily a character to take seriously.
Feb 8, 2013 3:55 PM

Mar 2011
mora404 said:
I think if they can forgive Moritani for getting Manabe beaten up then they can forgive Kotoura for a little ESP slip up. I recall a time when Kotoura read the President's mind and saw some startling things and didn't tell everyone what she saw. She does have the ability at times to control her behavior. I think she is impulsive and a klutz.. not necessarily a character to take seriously.

Implying that forgiving Moritani was something that was realistic and something I should be okay with.... No. Incorrect. Wrong. I have complained about how stupid that was, so it's not a suitable comparison.

Also, the reason Kotoura didn't just blurt out what she saw of the president's thoughts is because she was in a state of shock, and she did not want to iterate that horrible scenario. Besides, that is a very extreme case, you'd hope she'd at least show restraint there.
Feb 8, 2013 4:16 PM

Jan 2013
I never implied that you should be ok with forgiving Moritani... This is about the characters and their actions. I would not be ok with a person who beat up someone I cared for. I would hold a major grudge... but this is about Kotoura and how she handled the situation. Is it unrealistic.. yes. However I don't have esp (damn) and I didn't grow up in relative seclusion. I think before we say what is realistic and unrealistic we need to look at their point of view. She is only 15..
Feb 8, 2013 4:38 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
mora404 said:
However I don't have esp (damn)
My cat does. She says it's overrated, and I don't have anything she wants to "hear" anyway.

Makes me feel kinda small, actually.
Feb 8, 2013 5:05 PM

Jan 2013
Cratex said:
mora404 said:
However I don't have esp (damn)
My cat does. She says it's overrated, and I don't have anything she wants to "hear" anyway.

Makes me feel kinda small, actually.

She should take advantage of the situation and blackmail you for all the "friskie's' you can afford. ;)
Feb 8, 2013 5:10 PM
Jun 2008
InfiniteRyvius said:
I am not saying that she should not use her powers, I am saying she should use them responsibly.

So she can read someone's mind sure, I'm sure they are all aware that it will probably happen, but telling people someone else's secrets is another matter.

Your statement will be valid only if they are annoyed/angry by Kotoura's ability.
Yes,I do agree expose people's mind are generally bad but From my point of view, they are just having a comedy joke here.
Feb 8, 2013 5:27 PM

Mar 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't understand this Mori joke? =/
Feb 8, 2013 5:50 PM

Oct 2009
Alfyan said:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand this Mori joke? =/

That pose reminds me of this guy
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 8, 2013 6:43 PM

Mar 2011
mora404 said:
I never implied that you should be ok with forgiving Moritani... This is about the characters and their actions. I would not be ok with a person who beat up someone I cared for. I would hold a major grudge... but this is about Kotoura and how she handled the situation. Is it unrealistic.. yes. However I don't have esp (damn) and I didn't grow up in relative seclusion. I think before we say what is realistic and unrealistic we need to look at their point of view. She is only 15..

Being 15 does not make you a retard, even if you had a warped childhood.

MorningGlory said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

Your statement will be valid only if they are annoyed/angry by Kotoura's ability.
Yes,I do agree expose people's mind are generally bad but From my point of view, they are just having a comedy joke here.

True, it's not as if anyone has ever got angry at Kotoura because she exposed their secrets I suppose. Because like, can you imagine if everyone including her parents got angry at her and ostracized her, leading her to have a lonely existence? God, that would be horrible, thank god that didn't happen!

Oh wait.
Feb 8, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2013
InfiniteRyvius said:
mora404 said:

Being 15 still means you are a kid and immature.. You are bound to make mistakes. It doesn't mean she is a "retard," more like her common sense is lacking.

Feb 8, 2013 6:55 PM

Feb 2012
Enjoyed this episode like always.
Felt like this is the weakest one among the rest though.
Feb 8, 2013 7:59 PM

Mar 2011
mora404 said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
mora404 said:

Being 15 still means you are a kid and immature.. You are bound to make mistakes. It doesn't mean she is a "retard," more like her common sense is lacking.

She does lack lots of common sense, I'll give you that, she did manage to not connect "people are scared I might blurt out their secrets" and "maybe I should stop blurting out their secrets" for 10 odd years, eluding her best attempts to figure a way out of her predicament. It's still eluding her as well....

I can just about make myself accept Kotoura forgiving Moritani, though it sits incredibly uncomfortably with me, but I will not accept that she is so immature or lacking in common sense she couldn't work out she should restrain herself for 10 years. If she was that stupid I'm pretty sure she'd be clinically retarded.
Feb 8, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
InfiniteRyvius said:
mora404 said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
mora404 said:

I can just about make myself accept Kotoura forgiving Moritani, though it sits incredibly uncomfortably with me, but I will not accept that she is so immature or lacking in common sense she couldn't work out she should restrain herself for 10 years. If she was that stupid I'm pretty sure she'd be clinically retarded.

Heh. Well she is pretty klutzy all that falling down might have made her soft in the head.

For me I can understand her forgiving Moritani because she could "see" that she was truly sorry. Some would say her ability to forgive is a good trait.
Feb 8, 2013 10:02 PM

Apr 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
mora404 said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
mora404 said:

She does lack lots of common sense, I'll give you that, she did manage to not connect "people are scared I might blurt out their secrets" and "maybe I should stop blurting out their secrets" for 10 odd years, eluding her best attempts to figure a way out of her predicament. It's still eluding her as well....

I don't know about that... Being immature and lacking in common sense are both traits that all kind of teenagers have, I'm sure one or two of your friends on high school did something unbelievably stupid and immature.... Well, at least I know mine had... In kotoura's case, I believe that the same thing applies, only way worse since she couldn't learn the very basic of human adaptation skills(since I think she actually enjoy reading minds and blurting it out despite the consequences). This might have been a case of bad characterization or just a 'bad' character...

That aside, I find this show very enjoyable even with no drama involved. Though I would prefer a more serious show, given that the directing is quite good... 8/10 overall for me, definitely one of the top in the winter line-up.
"Books are useless! I only ever read one book, “To Kill A Mockingbird,” and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds! Sure it taught me not to judge a man by the color of his skin…but what good does *that* do me?"
- Homer Simpsons,
Feb 8, 2013 10:46 PM

Oct 2011
This is the funniest episode I've seen in like my entire career of watching anime LOL. I've never laughed so hard in just a single episodw LLLOOLLOOLLOLO.

I like that manabe-kun is a douche to moritani cuz she was a bitch.

Also mori mori mori mori mori mori
Feb 9, 2013 2:34 AM

Sep 2010
Now this anime turned into another romcom anime..... :(

Nothing exceptionally good or bad about this episode... It's just Meh......!!!

2.5/5
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

196 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

299 by _untitled »»
Mar 11, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

456 by _untitled »»
Mar 4, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.