Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 20, 2013 2:23 AM

Jan 2009
Am i the only one that is hoping for some NTR action?
Jan 20, 2013 3:22 AM

Sep 2011
Eita doesn't notice she loves him, or what? Fucking fail protagonist. Which is what I hate in Romance type series.
>Masuzu Natsukawa is also twat still.
TyrelJan 20, 2013 3:28 AM
Jan 20, 2013 4:58 AM

Oct 2010
Jakerams said:
I am starting to like Chiwa more and more.

same here (#'v'#)
Signature Removed
Jan 20, 2013 5:32 AM
Mar 2012
Tyrel said:
Eita doesn't notice she loves him, or what? Fucking fail protagonist. Which is what I hate in Romance type series.
>Masuzu Natsukawa is also twat still.

Then don't watch romance, it always happens. Either that or the girl won't notice the guys feelings.

I can't say I favor one over the other just yet; sure the MC is close to Chiwa but that's path and a course with all childhood friends. This anime just brings it up more at the beginning. So I can't say that she's suddenly more likely to beat Masuzu to the punch with the MC.

It'll depend on his feelings at the end of the day and Chiwa has failed to elicit any feelings from him for a looong period of time. He has been working hard for her, but that =/= romantic interest so I'll be happy to wait and see which girl is the first to make him break his rule of not falling in love.

If I had any preference as of now it would be Masuzu, purely because I think there's more to her that we know.
Jan 20, 2013 6:02 AM

Jul 2011
Chiwa has become a very interesting character. I don't blame the protagonist that much since they were grown as brother and sister(cliche huh?!)...

5/5
Jan 20, 2013 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
The first half was really hilarious but also embarrassing to watch.
The second half was pretty ToraDora like, which I like.

Good show looking forward to next episode.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 20, 2013 6:58 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode.
Jan 20, 2013 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
I liked that episode. Even with these embarrassing moments it was still funny.

I think Chiwa is going to be really intresting character. Masuzu became cruel. I liked her more when she was seeming to be shy.

Poor Chiwa.. I hope that Kidou will finally understand that what she feels.
Jan 20, 2013 8:09 AM

Feb 2012
It was fine.
Jan 20, 2013 8:30 AM

May 2012
This is surprisingly good, definitely more than I expected.

Now they just have to get rid of Masuzu...
Joh-chiJan 20, 2013 8:54 AM
Jan 20, 2013 8:50 AM

May 2012
yeah nice episode
emotional regard also nice
Jan 20, 2013 9:16 AM

Jan 2010
MajorArmstrong said:
I have to agree with InfiniteDestiny on this one, considering not only did he improve his cooking by some serious standards but also the fact that he improved his C grades all the way up to the top grade in high school, it's obvious eita put some serious time and effort which probably meant he wasn't paying attention to chiwa.

He even wrote a note on his wall to not fall in love or have a girlfriend so he could focus on studies, so I'm gonna have to say the blames on chiwa for not only making her feelings unclear but also how she hasn't noticed how far he's going for her.
To add to that, in the first episode, she was practically begging him to put his studying aside, telling him that he's done enough.

That has to be painful for her in that he put himself on ice for her, which while deeply gratifying, meant that her real desire is going unfulfilled, only to then have the evil temptress be the one to break through. I like Masuzu but she certainly does have a mean streak. She'll need to do more as Chiwa isn't lying down. This is complicated enough and from looking at the OP, at some point, more wood is going to be thrown onto the fire.
Jan 20, 2013 10:03 AM
Feb 2012
<3 Masuzu she's too cute =P I just want to huge her >.<

You guys just don't understand her =)
Jan 20, 2013 10:31 AM
Aug 2012
rraannddoo said:
<3 Masuzu she's too cute =P I just want to huge her >.<

You guys just don't understand her =)

Hell yeah, i can't resist the VA voice of Masuzu

Ill stay with this series...
Its a Worth to watch
Jan 20, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2009
Well, it was pretty obvious that Chiwa wasn't really serious about that guy. I actually felt pretty sad and sympathetic to her when she yelled at Eita and ran out at the celebration dinner ;__; Surprising to me, since I considered her to just be very annoying in the first episode.

Hmm, so that's why he's studying so hard to get into medical school..? And he forgot about why he wanted to get into medical school until just now? @__@ That's kind of sad.. It'll be interesting to see how things move from here~
Jan 20, 2013 11:53 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Red_Keys said:
Cratex said:
As one of those saying he is dense, I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with me. Want to discuss it? Fine. However, I have a problem with your tone and choice of words.
ROTFLMAO

Whatever.
Jan 20, 2013 12:46 PM
Aug 2012
Really not hitting any of the right notes for me so far. I really don't like how every episode so far has pretty much just been Natsukawa bullying Chiwa into doing stupid things.

Getting familyzoned sucks too ;__;

I hope this show turns around or at least changes the formula a little bit, I'm not liking it at this pace.
Jan 20, 2013 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
Madara31 said:

Agreed. People are often too quick to jump on the "Dense harem lead" bandwagon. If Chiwa has feelings for him, then she should tell him. She has no right to just expect him to know about it, call him a jerk and run off. Especially considering the whole point of their club was to make her popular.

While I agree with jumping to "dense harem lead" too quickly, I don't think you can talk of having "a right". That's just how strong emotions work (atleast for some people), she has loved him since god when and is always reminded that shes just a childhood friend or family to him.
Further, this series doesn't show their whole life, so since they've been friends since first grade she may have tried to make advances but was put off with responses that clearly put her more as just a friend or even as family.

I dunno but I can fully understand how she'd react that way~
Destiny~
Jan 20, 2013 1:55 PM
Aug 2011
Still amazing. That skit was so funny, with those 3 thinking people would take it serious.

2nd half was good too.

So, Chiwa-chan is a small,cute Osananajimi-Onee-sama and not a Osananajimi-Imouto
Jan 20, 2013 3:11 PM

Oct 2010
Manatsu-chan said:
Madara31 said:

Agreed. People are often too quick to jump on the "Dense harem lead" bandwagon. If Chiwa has feelings for him, then she should tell him. She has no right to just expect him to know about it, call him a jerk and run off. Especially considering the whole point of their club was to make her popular.

While I agree with jumping to "dense harem lead" too quickly, I don't think you can talk of having "a right". That's just how strong emotions work (atleast for some people), she has loved him since god when and is always reminded that shes just a childhood friend or family to him.
Further, this series doesn't show their whole life, so since they've been friends since first grade she may have tried to make advances but was put off with responses that clearly put her more as just a friend or even as family.

I dunno but I can fully understand how she'd react that way~

Strong emotions or not, Eita didn't do anything wrong, in the slightest. So she called him a jerk and slapped the tissue out of his hand for no reason. If you haven't got the spine to tell the object of your affection how you feel clearly, then you shouldn't expect them to know in order to make things easier for yourself. As far as the anime goes, this was the only hint she's given him.

I understand her feelings, but I don't agree with her actions.
Jan 20, 2013 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
The Chiwa x Eita part was so tear-jerking. Why must most MC be so blunt? T.T

Well near the ending part, it appears to me that Masuzu has something up her sleeves... so confuse... is she actually trying to bring them together? it's like that whole bully part is to make Eita realize how important Chiwa is to him... hm... I wonder...

Come on Chiwa! Don't give up!! Fight on!!!
Jan 20, 2013 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
Very good anime!

Why does everyone hate Masuzu? She just has to be there in that anime...everything wouldn't be that interesting and fun, if she wasn't there... I like her though...

Chiwa is so cute. Dunno but the Chiwa-Eita duo reminds me of Toradora a bit...and Masuzu is like Kawashima Ami...

Anyways, looking forward to episode 4 =]

Jan 20, 2013 4:44 PM

Dec 2009
Am I the only one who feels the title of the anime is misleading?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 20, 2013 5:33 PM

Dec 2012
Marow said:

yea masuzu and chiwa don't fight for eita affection really..
Jan 20, 2013 6:22 PM

Feb 2012
Not-so-bad ep~

Funny skit too xD
Jan 20, 2013 6:27 PM

Jun 2012
Marow said:

I think this is a great title/absolutly not boring.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jan 20, 2013 8:58 PM

Apr 2008
Just as much as I love Yozora from Haganai, I love Masuzu. Manipulative characters like her are more interesting than the childhood friend who has a 99.9% chance of getting the guy. I really hope Masuzu x Eita is the OTP, for once my pick would be correct! I can only hope.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 20, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
It seems the series is starting to go downhill.
I absolutely loved the premiere, but this episode was kinda meh.
Maybe it has something to do with the faint artstyle. Oh well.
Also anyone else thinks this series is mimicking Chuunibyou?
The 'embarrassing past' and all.

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Jan 20, 2013 9:22 PM

Dec 2012
Hasekura-sama said:

how is it mimicking it ? the whole chuunibyou thing is very common in middle school kids it is not like it is a new thing and the romance is not based around it so no
Jan 20, 2013 9:23 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
Hasekura-sama said:

how is it mimicking it ? the whole chuunibyou thing is very common in middle school kids it is not like it is a new thing and the romance is not based around it so no

I know, its just the feel that it gives off.

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Jan 20, 2013 9:29 PM
Aug 2011
Marko3 said:
Very good anime!

Why does everyone hate Masuzu? She just has to be there in that anime...everything wouldn't be that interesting and fun, if she wasn't there... I like her though...

Chiwa is so cute. Dunno but the Chiwa-Eita duo reminds me of Toradora a bit...and Masuzu is like Kawashima Ami...

Anyways, looking forward to episode 4 =]

Not everyone hates her. I love her and since you are comparing her to Ami, one of my all time favourites, I suddenly love her more now.

webkid94 said:
Just as much as I love Yozora from Haganai, I love Masuzu. Manipulative characters like her are more interesting than the childhood friend who has a 99.9% chance of getting the guy. I really hope Masuzu x Eita is the OTP, for once my pick would be correct! I can only hope.

99.9% chance of getting the guy? Do you even watch anime. The osananajimi/childhood-friend had a 99.9% chance of NOT getting the guy
Jan 20, 2013 11:31 PM
Dec 2009
megucas said:
Really not hitting any of the right notes for me so far. I really don't like how every episode so far has pretty much just been Natsukawa bullying Chiwa into doing stupid things.

Getting familyzoned sucks too ;__;

I hope this show turns around or at least changes the formula a little bit, I'm not liking it at this pace.

It's not really bullying if you look at it at a better picture really.

Jan 20, 2013 11:42 PM

Sep 2010
I can't be the only one who really detests Chiwa and finds her "romance" extremely annoying, but really like Masuzu?
Jan 21, 2013 12:07 AM
Oct 2012
FenixDragon43 said:
I can't be the only one who really detests Chiwa and finds her "romance" extremely annoying, but really like Masuzu?

Your the only one, Chiwa's romance is cute as hell.
Jan 21, 2013 12:35 AM

Jun 2010
Chiwa is annoying. Masuzu ftw.
Jan 21, 2013 1:43 AM

Apr 2009
Ah, I enjoyed how that little acting plan backfired. Eita did really well in supporting Chiwa during that scene. Even when I first read that scene in the manga version, it was kinda satisfying for someone in Chiwa's camp like me.

Also, her seiyuu is doing great. I've gotten used to her voice earlier than I expected to with that performance. Loved the soft piano music playing during the dramatic parts of the "celebration" scene. Being seen as family by someone you have romantic love for is even worse than being in the friendzone, I'd say. I get how she felt in that scene.

See, Chiwa was Eita's inspiration to work so hard to try to become a doctor. Look at how far he's gotten with that goal in mind. He's the top student in school now.

No comment on that upcoming "date" on Sunday, since I already know what's going to happen there...
Jan 21, 2013 3:25 AM
Jan 2013
I wasn't too sure about how I felt about this show after watching the first 2 episodes, but episode 3 has convinced me it may be worth sticking around and watching the rest of the series, the second half was pretty much what I was expected until it revealed some good stuff in the flash back.
It still doesn't really seem like it will be anything special..
Jan 21, 2013 3:31 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was the best for me! I LOVE CHIWA! She is like a sister to me. It would have been my duty to slap around Eita and tell him, “That’s how your perceive Chiwa’s love cause of your bad parents that set a crappy example on you about that love that you take like it’s all the same?” I have to admit that seeing Chiwa cry was painful as much as I poured into the GIFs I made of rather hard time but vented it out.

In thee end Chiwa in the following,

Was all I needed of a nice smile from her.

About Chiwa’s past, I am quite fond of seeing her in the past. One of the clues they leave out as is the clothing Eita is wearing. At first it’s confusing but eventually easy to catch it’s the past.

There suffering induced due to Chiwa’s leg being broken.

About the promise, this is key because Eita her did not realize the notions of “I will wait for you no matter how long it takes.” That like literally proposing to live with someone forever but Eita never bothered to look into it since he is SOOOOOOOOO STUPID! Right? Well I got one thing to say to him. FALCON PUNCH OVER 9000!

Still pretty nice that he promised to fix her hip. However solution I see is to grow a same bone to replace it with surgery. Eventually balancing out the rib cage and Chiwa’s system.

About the class show, unlike most people think. I am thinking it was quite a nice gag short that parodied DB easily. Moreover Chiwa did a sort of Hadouken homage for Street Fighter there.

About Masuzu, still hating the bitch bad. 2 points of interest. For one she has a high pride in making scripts since she was so insulted of hers being called a sketch and Chiwa too for that matter but that’s cause of her acting notion.

For two Masuzu insulted Eita again with his book. Still going to admit the graphics are interesting there when it happens.

Lastly she knows Eita is stupid in love but I guess he himself does not. What a moron!

About the new girl, there was a hint of MY LOVE coming soon into play. IMO that was her in the infirmary one on my profile.

About thee end, so Chiwa never wanted that guy. It was all a boast off. She really wanted to be with Eita and eventually to have him fix her up. So how the F is the date going to cancel out and all? It all seems like it’s too late to stop it all.

About references, the planet’s name might come from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valhalla
And I would not be surprised as to why.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 21, 2013 5:56 AM

May 2010
Loved it..Don't know why it is getting so much hate for its art..I think it is cute..
Jan 21, 2013 6:11 AM

Jan 2013
Glad they did the flash back part, really helps me understand why he was interested in being in the medical school program now.
Jan 21, 2013 6:18 AM

Feb 2012
I'm still trying to detect the 'comedy' parts in this anime, because so far it's been nothing but embarrassingly unfunny shit thrown randomly inbetween 'heartbreaking' flashbacks and lil miss Cliche showing blatant signs of jealousy.
One thing I seriously dont get, is how you could possibly think Chiwa is an 'interesting' character.....??

anyway the spoiler in this http://myanimelist.net/character/55445/Ai_Fuyuumi made me laugh. maybe Ill stick with it to see some more dumb misunderstandings and jealousy fits
Jan 21, 2013 6:18 AM

Jan 2008
Hasekura-sama said:
tsudecimo said:
Hasekura-sama said:

I know, its just the feel that it gives off.

You get that feel because chuu2koi aired earlier than this , and vice versa .This anime really got bad timing because it being aired after the near perfect chuu2koi(except the last episode) .

This episode is indeed painful to watch .Painful in Chiwawa's shoes , to be exact .

And with that followed up flashback , the emotions heightened . Seems like Eita is doing this (or some of it) for Chiwa , either consciously or unconsciously .Because him promising/deciding that he will become a doctor for her .Maybe that's why Chiwa fell in love with him completely .And that's probably the time as well when Eita closed his heart permanently (his parents leaving is also a reason) .

And now we see the MC which is Eita who had low grades back in middle school , to the current Eita that now has the highest grades in school .And that garbage steak from back then has improved as well . That was a really nice progress/development for him and Chiwa DIDNT even realized that (it was actually for her) .I dont know why there's a lot that doesnt like this MC .At least he's not the dumb lame ass MC like every other fail harem out there .

I dont know now who the hell is going to be with Eita . I really liked Masuzu and seems like she's finally realizing the mistakes/things that she has been doing to Chiwawa . I would like to see her after she realize those things and then she would be likeable more than ever when she does .Especially when she tries to repair the misunderstandings that she had done with Chiwawa .

And now Yuni the new green haired girl is finally gonna show up . I dont know how theyre gonna fit all these characters in just 13 eps .And it seems like that turn for the better of this series is finally starting .Looking forward to those new girls soon .

Anyway , decent episode . Catchy OP/ED as always , especially Wonder Tale . I wonder when the OSTs will be out .
People dropping this just because they cant stand Masuzu will be regretting it sooner or later because
but seriously , that caught me offguard that I didnt know I was already laughing so hard .
archer_shirou01Jan 21, 2013 6:24 AM
Jan 21, 2013 7:36 AM

Sep 2012
Chuunibyou is all the rage these days. At least I think we should thank the anime Chuunibyou for popularizing the term for anime fans, particularly those in the west, even though the word has been in much circulation since more than a few years ago (and a bunch of books published on this topic).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 21, 2013 12:30 PM
Jul 2012
this episode was great. I have high expectations for this show.
Jan 21, 2013 1:21 PM

Jun 2009
I really liked this episode.I loved the flashback so we could understand more about the relationship between Eita and Chiwa. Let's see how this situation will progress. Is Chiwa going to date that Senpai even though she doesn't really like him or will she confess her true feelings to Eita. The chances of Eita understanding Chiwa's feelings are like 0.0000000001% like always in these sort of anime the main heroin is very very very dense.

I also wonder what Masuzu is going to do. I think she obviously knows of Chiwa's feelings and that she's just playing with her and her relationship with Eita. Masuzu is still quite a blank character. We do not know much about her and I hope that changes in the next few episodes.

BTW who was that girl in the infirmary o.0 we saw her only for a few seconds without any explanation about who she is. I hope not another lover for Eita....
Jan 21, 2013 2:54 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, Chuunibyou to the max right here!

Well, now we know the whole story behind him wanting to study hard and his relationship with Chiwa. Of course he's absolutely dense when it comes to actually noticing Chiwa's feelings for him.

I have a bad feeling about this guy she's supposed to date on Sunday too.

Jan 21, 2013 3:25 PM
Dec 2009
Yang94 said:
I really liked this episode.I loved the flashback so we could understand more about the relationship between Eita and Chiwa. Let's see how this situation will progress. Is Chiwa going to date that Senpai even though she doesn't really like him or will she confess her true feelings to Eita. The chances of Eita understanding Chiwa's feelings are like 0.0000000001% like always in these sort of anime the main heroin is very very very dense.

I also wonder what Masuzu is going to do. I think she obviously knows of Chiwa's feelings and that she's just playing with her and her relationship with Eita. Masuzu is still quite a blank character. We do not know much about her and I hope that changes in the next few episodes.

BTW who was that girl in the infirmary o.0 we saw her only for a few seconds without any explanation about who she is. I hope not another lover for Eita....

Well, obviously she is one if yourself didn't read the LN or the manga.

Jan 21, 2013 3:34 PM

Oct 2011
T___T OMG Eta's goal to heal Chiwa.
Jan 21, 2013 5:13 PM

Oct 2010
Yang94 said:
It's her:

The one I am waiting for cause I love her.
Yumekichi11Jan 21, 2013 5:17 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 21, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2011
A great episode. That skit was hilarious. Eita and Chiwa were so good at acting though. xD
Second half was quite emotional. Eita was just an average student back then and as soon as Chiwa comes out of hospital he's motivated to study hard and become a doctor in order to heal Chiwa's leg in the future.
Eita's such an awesome male lead. :)
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

471 by Apratim »»
Apr 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

171 by Apratim »»
Apr 3, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

159 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 28, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

168 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

150 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.