Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 18, 2013 11:28 PM
Aug 2011
AirStyles said:

I don't even know whether I should laugh or cry because of how ridiculous this show is...

I mean, come on... Naked Rang?! Naked Impact?! Docking Kiss?!!!??! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!

This show is just... sooooo gay, a bit too much even for me, and I stomached and actually enjoyed Strike Witches. And can actually keep a straight face when watching SW... (outside of both season's episode 7)

I mean... Come on girls, you girls are giggling and chatting in the air about your powers while ships are being sunk, blown up, and planes being shot down...

A bunch of ship blown up, because one of them secretly dislike tomato... Seriously... Tomato... There's at least several hundred casualties over A FUCKING FRUIT!

And here I am expecting a Strike Witches level of story... (And that is not asking for too much)

This Vividred Operation make Strike Witches look like a genuine masterpiece in comparison... I am really having trouble taking this show seriously.

^Haha. Look at this fucking retard.
What the hell are you even trying to say? Huh?

.....Tomatoes are vegetables >.<
Jan 18, 2013 11:47 PM

Nov 2011
I'm enjoying this show quite a bit. For what it is, it's doing a great job. Personally, I find the ecchi/sexual stuff kinda funny, actually. It's sorta weird but also fits the vibe. And the animation is quite good, as are the action sequences. I'm still in.
Jan 19, 2013 12:31 AM
Jul 2012
good action and animation, but awful story...urghh

I don't even know whether I should laugh or cry because of how ridiculous this show is...

I mean, come on... Naked Rang?! Naked Impact?! Docking Kiss?!!!??! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!

This show is just... sooooo gay, a bit too much even for me, and I stomached and actually enjoyed Strike Witches. And can actually keep a straight face when watching SW... (outside of both season's episode 7)

I mean... Come on girls, you girls are giggling and chatting in the air about your powers while ships are being sunk, blown up, and planes being shot down...

A bunch of ship blown up, because one of them secretly dislike tomato... Seriously... Tomato... There's at least several hundred casualties over A FUCKING FRUIT!

And here I am expecting a Strike Witches level of story... (And that is not asking for too much)

This Vividred Operation make Strike Witches look like a genuine masterpiece in comparison... I am really having trouble taking this show seriously.

^ basically this!
plexusJan 19, 2013 12:38 AM
Jan 19, 2013 2:11 AM

Jan 2011
So Rei is officially responsible for mass murder.....I bet they still are gonna turn her into a good guy...
AirStyles said:

Glad I'm not the only one who was irked by their nonchalant attitude while of hundreds of people were dieing.
[center]
Jan 19, 2013 2:14 AM

Jan 2011
The tight ass of a 14 year old anime character isn't enough to make me continue this one. I hope you all enjoy it! I'm out.
Jan 19, 2013 3:53 AM

Jul 2009
"in other anime they atleast have shown some emotion when something goes wrong" - well partly I agree, partly people are are whining about her being emotional (about having lied to her friend)~

That said I don't think I know too many people who would actually be fine with sharing all their experiences, memories, consciousness and all that with someone else.

Also, atleast in my version the grandpa said "one of you is _subconsciously_ rejecting it". Means probably that you cany act like "I'd be fine with it, if it is for saving people" all day, if you still somewhat reject it, won't work.
Destiny~
Jan 19, 2013 5:55 AM

Jul 2012
Too much CGI

But a good amount of ass.

Opening was meh but nice ass shots.

Lol that kissing Yuri scene. So much wrong with this anime. It's so bad it's good.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 19, 2013 7:01 AM

May 2012
Once again, dem transformation scenes.
The animation in this is amazing.
Jan 19, 2013 7:47 AM

Sep 2012
The anime title sounds meh.

This anime title should be known as Vividcrouch Operation : Sky Yuri Rangers.
Jan 19, 2013 8:19 AM

Jun 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
AirStyles said:

Look at this dumbass
What the hell did learn in school? Huh?

As surprising as this sounds... Tomato is a fruit...

Before you call people retard... Make sure that you are actually right...

From Oxford Dictionary

Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?

The confusion about 'fruit' and 'vegetable' arises because of the differences in usage between scientists and cooks. Scientifically speaking, a tomato is definitely a fruit. True fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and contain the seeds of the plant (though cultivated forms may be seedless). Blueberries, raspberries, and oranges are true fruits, and so are many kinds of nut. Some plants have a soft part which supports the seeds and is also called a 'fruit', though it is not developed from the ovary: the strawberry is an example.

As far as cooking is concerned, some things which are strictly fruits, such as tomatoes or bean pods, may be called 'vegetables' because they are used in savoury rather than sweet cooking. The term 'vegetable' is more generally used of other edible parts of plants, such as cabbage leaves, celery stalks, and potato tubers, which are not strictly the fruit of the plant from which they come. Occasionally the term 'fruit' may be used to refer to a part of a plant which is not a fruit, but which is used in sweet cooking: rhubarb, for example.

So, the answer to the question is that a tomato is technically the fruit of the tomato plant, but it's used as a vegetable in cooking.

In short.
Tomato is a fruit, that can be used as a vegetable in cooking.

EDIT:
Just to save you from potentially making a fool out of yourself again in similar fashion... Chili is also a fruit.
AirStylesJan 19, 2013 9:16 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2013 9:11 AM

Aug 2010
Reading yall posts, i see so many references to other animes from this one anime. I do agree it reminds me of strike witches but for some reason the dock scene reminds me of this other anime called "simoun" im wondering if im the only one who thought of that anime also. In simoun, the girls must kiss each other and then the Simoun gem in order to turn activate the simoun. Damn Saying that out loud in my mind make me sound like a pervert lol

Jan 19, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2008
AirStyles said:

That's basically my reason to drop this anime...literally
This anime is not a comedy anime, its supposed to be sci-fi action anime, and these characters aren't performing their roles seriously.

If I compare this to Guilty Crown episode 2, this one is much worse.
ShoutaAzumaJan 19, 2013 9:56 AM
Jan 19, 2013 10:00 AM
Oct 2011
ShoutaAzuma said:
AirStyles said:

That's basically my reason to drop this anime...literally
This anime is not a comedy anime, its supposed to be sci-fi action anime, and these characters aren't performing their roles seriously.

If I compare this to Guilty Crown episode 2, this one is much worse.
Funny thing is that the guy who's doing the script (+screenplay) for this show is the one who did the script (+screenplay) for Guilty Crown, and his best work is about a guy who gets his powers from women's breasts.. yeah.
Jan 19, 2013 10:06 AM

Jul 2010
Egh... I'm really on the fence now. This episode was really bland. I'm going to give it one more episode.

Jan 19, 2013 10:08 AM

Oct 2012
Largely my reason for slowing starting to dislike this show, as many have said, these characters are too... simple minded. Everything seems so rushed with flat character development.
"Oh, I got new powers and tech, let's just do stuff and I already happen to know all these moves flawlessly and effortlessly."

And I lol'd @ tomatoes being an issue. Was expecting something much more darker that Aoi was holding back from Akane. Fuck, I'd take an excuse of, "Akane...I've been hiding my feelings for you" though, but tomatoes? LOL

Horray for the power of friendship and tomatoes!

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 19, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
This is mostly a estimate but 13+13=26 does it not? That aside I wonder where this is going to go with only 12 episodes.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jan 19, 2013 11:14 AM
Aug 2011
AirStyles said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
AirStyles said:

Look at this dumbass
What the hell did learn in school? Huh?

As surprising as this sounds... Tomato is a fruit...

Before you call people retard... Make sure that you are actually right...

From Oxford Dictionary

Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?

The confusion about 'fruit' and 'vegetable' arises because of the differences in usage between scientists and cooks. Scientifically speaking, a tomato is definitely a fruit. True fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and contain the seeds of the plant (though cultivated forms may be seedless). Blueberries, raspberries, and oranges are true fruits, and so are many kinds of nut. Some plants have a soft part which supports the seeds and is also called a 'fruit', though it is not developed from the ovary: the strawberry is an example.

As far as cooking is concerned, some things which are strictly fruits, such as tomatoes or bean pods, may be called 'vegetables' because they are used in savoury rather than sweet cooking. The term 'vegetable' is more generally used of other edible parts of plants, such as cabbage leaves, celery stalks, and potato tubers, which are not strictly the fruit of the plant from which they come. Occasionally the term 'fruit' may be used to refer to a part of a plant which is not a fruit, but which is used in sweet cooking: rhubarb, for example.

So, the answer to the question is that a tomato is technically the fruit of the tomato plant, but it's used as a vegetable in cooking.

In short.
Tomato is a fruit, that can be used as a vegetable in cooking.

EDIT:
Just to save you from potentially making a fool out of yourself again in similar fashion... Chili is also a fruit.

I Don't Know If I Should Laugh Or Cry.

Was the sarcasm not evident enough.

Nevermind, I'll cry because of your whole rant.
Jan 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Oct 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Either my sarcasm meter is broken or your execution in sarcasm was poor.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 19, 2013 12:40 PM

Dec 2011
Well this was stupid, and that's coming from someone who loves shoujo-ai and cuteness.
Jan 19, 2013 1:04 PM

Jun 2012
Mecha mahou shoujos is okay with me. I like it.

By the way, which vivid wud you dock with?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=docking&page=2
Jan 19, 2013 1:22 PM
Jan 2013
I chose my username before I started this series, but it seems very appropriate now. o.0

Anyway, I'm enjoying this series already. True, it has some plot holes, and stuff left unexplained, but it is only ep. 2. It has good art, good music, EPIC transformation sequences, and cute main characters. I hope it doesn't end up like another cookie-cutter "magical girl" anime, though. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.
Jan 19, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2008
Omigod, Akane is Megaman. Also, fucking tomatoes, they ruin everything, even plot.

And this had me lol'ing.

Ah... good ol anime logic.
Jan 19, 2013 2:43 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
CurseDestiny said:
This is mostly a estimate but 13+13=26 does it not?
Good point.

I wonder what the "docked" merged version of the two girls thinks about tomatoes...
Jan 19, 2013 3:34 PM
Aug 2011
Tavor said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Out of that whole post, all of which were true, I singled out the tomato being a fruit.
I also added a "Haha" and a damn smiley at the end >.<
Jan 19, 2013 4:34 PM

May 2012
Cause friendships have never been ruined over silly misunderstandings >.>

I find it more realistic that the reason they couldn't dock was because of something so trivial. When you're THAT close, trivial things can be the most damaging.

But who here thought it was supposed to be taken seriously?

Also, the guy who directed Strike Witches is the guy directing this. I'm pretty sure that's not the same as the guy who covered Guilty Crown. So no clue where that even came from.

One of the Script Writers, and the Series composer for Sora no Woto is on this. Yes, they did Guilty Crown, but only the first season, which was the GOOD season. It was the second that was horrible.

So, all signs are pointing towards this show being amazing.

But it's obviously not for everyone.
Jan 19, 2013 4:49 PM

Apr 2010
AirStyles said:
And from what point of view makes that this anime unique?
I mean there are countless of examples in the entertainment industry where to make silly jokes while taking lives of people for granted.
And sadly there are people who joke about such things in real life that don't care about the lives of others at all.
Jan 19, 2013 5:28 PM

Feb 2012
Nice episode~

... Can't say anything anymore.
Jan 19, 2013 8:25 PM

Feb 2012
Dat ass shot!

I feel like it got even dumber but well, Vividblue was pretty cool and hot.
Jan 19, 2013 8:37 PM

Jul 2012
...I have to admit, as ashamed as I am to say it, when they are not talking, I'm freaking loving the action. And props to the writer for making the adults sound like human beings this time. Durin knows that must be so difficult for him to do *coughGuiltyCrowncough*
That being said it hurts my brain hearing the girls talk, so I might as well take back my compliment now
Jan 19, 2013 8:55 PM

Jun 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Tavor said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Out of that whole post, all of which were true, I singled out the tomato being a fruit.
I also added a "Haha" and a damn smiley at the end >.<

Poor? No it was horrendously executed. (If that was intentional sarcasm at all)
AirStylesJan 19, 2013 9:47 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2013 3:34 AM

Dec 2012
henshin!!! yay

docking!!!!!! yaaay

can't enough with it. and i lol hard when Aoi mentioned about the fail of docking.
Jan 20, 2013 8:05 AM

Jul 2011
Even though i decided to throw out any realism expectation out of window halfway into the episode, the cheesiness still irked me, action part was also boring imo and story is just run-of-the-mill, happy-go-lucky girls saving the world. I can overlook fanservice if there are other aspects to keep me interested, but at this rate, i'm not sure if i can continue this show anymore.

Might give it more episode because of its popularity and some yuri subtext.
Jan 20, 2013 8:12 AM

Sep 2011
dreznovk said:
Even though i decided to throw out any realism expectation out of window halfway into the episode, the cheesiness still irked me, action part was also boring imo and story is just run-of-the-mill, happy-go-lucky girls saving the world. I can overlook fanservice if there are other aspects to keep me interested, but at this rate, i'm not sure if i can continue this show anymore.

Might give it more episode because of its popularity and some yuri subtext.

+1
Jan 20, 2013 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
Awful.
Jan 20, 2013 10:15 AM
Jan 2013
Boring fanservice
Jan 20, 2013 12:08 PM

Jan 2011
Well so we have magical girls + technology + power rangers. Interesting, I'll stick around cause of evil horuma and animation is nice.
Jan 20, 2013 12:11 PM
Sep 2012
Im probably gonna give this show 1 more episode for something to catch my eye, but the over-exaggerated butt and crotch shots of middle school girls is a little too much for me.
Jan 20, 2013 12:36 PM
Feb 2012
The amount of yuri references was overwhelming. Plus it's got IS vibes to it so I'll definitely keep watching.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 20, 2013 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
CurseDestiny said:
This is mostly a estimate but 13+13=26 does it not?
Good point.

I wonder what the "docked" merged version of the two girls thinks about tomatoes...

Kuroki means black rider, very appropriate for Rei who is in fact a loner classmate of theirs.

So Vivid Yellow will be 13+13+13=39 and her weapon will be Naked Stilettos... And Vivid Green will be 13+13+13+13=52 with Naked Pachinko ball shooters.

But seriously I love this show. It is so much fun, the story doesn't need to be logical. It might be a Sailor Moon parody at this point but who cares? Tomatoes had me laughing so hard, they can't dock because she hates tomatoes... Vivid Blue still doesn't like tomatoes but Vivid Green and Yellow might...

How do you defeat Alone? By working Together!!! This is paying homage to Voltron and all the other team docking shows, Sailor Moon, Strike Witches. It is cheesy but I love cheese, it is delicious.

6/5 how can you not love this show??? BDs preordered, this thing is going to sell very well. It is like otaku bait and they and I am going to eat it up.
hpulleyJan 20, 2013 1:24 PM
Jan 20, 2013 1:36 PM
Aug 2011
clammer said:
Im probably gonna give this show 1 more episode for something to catch my eye, but the over-exaggerated butt and crotch shots of middle school girls is a little too much for me.

Then get out now, its not like its going to magically disappear next episode.
Jan 20, 2013 1:55 PM
Jul 2011
Damn you, doctor. No one would've found out that mouth-to-mouth kissing isn't necessary, but you just had to correct them :-P

All in all, this show is very simplistic and cheesy, but I didn't expect anything else and it's surprisingly fun when you're fine with a few stupidities here and there. I could complain about how stuffed toys can't move, you shouldn't just freeze human bodies or you shouldn't chat with your friend while your allies are dying. I could even say that two people with no secrets between each other are a pretty scary thought.

But this is just not the show for this. It's not meant to make perfect sense and it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously, so scratch all that. I came for teenage butts and action and I adhere to that.

neontaster said:
For what it is, it's doing a great job.
I could just have quoted that and be done, but that'd be too easy on all of you :-P
kyo-236Jan 21, 2013 11:49 AM
Jan 20, 2013 2:02 PM

Mar 2011
So the sheer enjoyability of the pulp in this episode was amazing!

Just the first half of battle porn was immense and then mahou shoujo powering up just gave it even more 'fuck yeah!'

Also, pan shots under crotches is where this creators genius lies!
Jan 20, 2013 3:19 PM

Oct 2012
So, blue loli + red loli = blue adult with reactor boobs ? I lol'd so hard
Jan 20, 2013 4:22 PM

Oct 2007
Whats wrong with people trying to make a terrible show looks bad?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 20, 2013 8:26 PM
Mar 2008
did not expect troll combine LOL
Jan 20, 2013 9:47 PM
Jun 2008
This is a midnight Anime for sure lol.

High quality action ; good sales expected

I found that weasel was kinda cute.
MorningGloryJan 20, 2013 9:57 PM
Jan 20, 2013 10:01 PM
Oct 2007
So are they going to do like a super dock against the final boss and combine into one
Jan 20, 2013 10:03 PM
Dec 2012
It's kinda amazing this thread already has 150 comments. This anime must be something.
Jan 20, 2013 10:05 PM

Jul 2012
Ok I don't think I can go on watching High tech sailor moons/lolis/female Aladdin'

Also what's up with the Homura look alike ?? At least their blue form looks good.

Oh and why the little cg stuff on certain stuff

The series gets ass shots perfect though ....haven't seen a series so focused on ass like this
Amon-RawJan 20, 2013 10:22 PM
Jan 21, 2013 1:05 AM

Oct 2011
nice episode, but the "fusion" was the one that surprised me :3 I'm I'm loving the fact that the docked form looked more matured and hotter (thumbs up with this fanservice XD )

comparing the production sequence with SAO makes me think that this one has greater budget, explaining the "vivid" graphics and CG :3

Ayane: Aoi chan, gattai da!
Aoi: hai!
*screams fu.........sion!*
Ayane+Aoi: - kyoudai gattai! gurren!.... oops sorry, operation! vivid blue! XD

Oh yeah as I thought that Homura clone is from the dark side, but hey, It could be that she came from the past to save the present Ayane from the curse of becoming a hightech witch... anyone? :P

with just two episodes I've already started enjoying this show, something I didn't find on the first 4 episodes of SW S1 :3 hopefully it'll get even better than SW once it hits the climax, hopefully Takamura (SW director) will surpass himself in this one

now looking forward to vivid-black, vividpurple, and vivid-red form :3

EDIT: now the question is how many animes did VO referred to and what are those?
- Strikw witches - DAT pantsu and strong yuri O.o
- madoka magica - DAT homura clone
- rinne no lagrange - DAT floating island
- gundam 00 - the use of non nuclear source of power
- Infinite Stratos - the high tech suit :3
- Gurren Lagann - Gattai da! gattai! :3
- precure - oh well cute magical girls ;)
- Gundam SEED destiny - Ayane's boomerang reminds me of sword impulse's boomerang
- and it's close to referencing Horizon's technohexens Malga and gacchan, they freaking need some cool broomsticks!

and now what's next?
AzrecJan 21, 2013 1:58 AM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

207 by Azullion1 »»
Oct 30, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.