Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 12, 2013 8:57 PM
Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Killua wins the Rock Paper Scissors contest and wins a fairly rare item but gets it stolen. Then proceed to be stupid and get robbed and they finish it off by touching all the funny monsters having no idea what that are doing. But on the bright side we get Biscuit Krueger who is apparently the Benjamin button of hunter hunter looks like she will whip gon and killua into shape!!!
LunaJan 12, 2013 9:52 PM
Jan 12, 2013 9:01 PM

May 2010
Really great episode enjoying it a lot more than the ovas.
Jan 12, 2013 9:02 PM
Oct 2011
Overlord3k said:
Really great episode enjoying it a lot more than the ovas.
that's the beauty of skipping all that unimportant stuff!!
Jan 12, 2013 9:22 PM

Apr 2011
Awesome ep with jokes and seriousness. Just what I want to see :)
Jan 12, 2013 9:33 PM
Oct 2009
but.. but.. where is the poll? WHERE IS THE GODDAM POLL?!

cool episode though <3
Jan 12, 2013 9:37 PM
Oct 2011
mrsword said:
but.. but.. where is the poll? WHERE IS THE GODDAM POLL?!

cool episode though <3
I decided that hunter hunter was so good that i would troll the trolls who would come just to give it a 1 or 2 :P
Jan 12, 2013 9:48 PM

Jun 2012
A decent episode but definitely not one of the best. While the spirit of Greed Island was in this episode, something felt off for me at least. Maybe I just watched the episode at a bad time I dunno know. I haven't read Greed Island in a while but I do remember the first half of this arc is on the slow side so I'm glad they're going at this brisk pace. It's weird, I'm liking they're skipping the unimportant stuff but at the same time I'm not.

What I did like about the episode though was Biscuit getting pissed at Killua throughout the entire episode and the chibi montage of Gon and Killua trying to kill enemies. Also Biscuit changing her voice when she's playing the cute girl and her teacher voice was pretty funny.

Chibi Shalnark!!! : D
HybridMBLJan 12, 2013 9:58 PM
Jan 12, 2013 9:53 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Threads merged.
Please always use the system to create an episode/chapter discussion thread ("Check if this topic will be the start of a(n) episode discussion." when creating the topic) to avoid duplicate threads and to add a poll.
Jan 12, 2013 10:14 PM
Feb 2012
I give this episode a 4 out of 5.

The first half was rushed but the second half was better.
I would have preferred they saved the Troupe stuff
and/or the secret base stuff for a different episode
so the episode would include the "unimportant stuff"

I don't think every little detail needs to be added
but there was some interesting stuff left out
particularly a lot of strategy was left out which
saddens me because that's one of the reasons why
Hunter x Hunter is so awesome.

However there was a lot of good humor and sense of adventure in the episode.
I think as Hybridblooszak says this episode has the SPIRIT of Greed Island but
I think it lacks a little bit of the MIND of Greed Island.
Jan 12, 2013 10:22 PM

Jan 2011
least i know why they didn't have their shirts in the op/ed lol and they got nothing out of it!
Jan 12, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Biscuit seems quite funny. Cannot wait to see her teach Gon and Killuia a better understanding of how to use Nen. Awesome.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 12, 2013 10:55 PM

Feb 2012
god i love Bisky so much xD
Jan 12, 2013 11:06 PM

Jan 2009
nice episode next episode is training time
Jan 12, 2013 11:35 PM

Jan 2012
mrsticky005 said:

Pretty much agree wit dis. But i gave a 5/5 because it's HxH... Hehe
Jan 12, 2013 11:38 PM

Jun 2012
That was a good episode, glad they finally met her, since I was a little irritated that such a stranger was stalking them. It was also cool to watch the different creatures and stuff in the game. Also great to hear the ending again, I really like it.
5/5.

Jan 12, 2013 11:45 PM

Nov 2012
Loved it. Biscuit showed them up! Hunter x Hunter is always so interesting.
Jan 13, 2013 12:18 AM
Feb 2012
noonealive said:
mrsticky005 said:

Pretty much agree wit dis. But i gave a 5/5 because it's HxH... Hehe

True it is HxH and still my favorite shonen but I want to try and be fair in
my rating. That said I hold HxH 2011 to a higher standard then some other
anime because I know for a fact that they CAN and DO deliver.
It's true that HxH 2011 makes some other series pale in comparison
in terms of overall quality but I don't want to settle for something
that is simply better than the rest but is the best it can be.

I know a lot of people find stuff like all of Togashi's info dumping boring
and I'm not expecting the anime to do so but I think they could rather
than eliminating stuff and mushing it together they could do a sorta
"cliffnotes" version of some of the more "boring" scenes.

Mainly though I think while it was staying true to the manga
by having the secret base scene and the troupe scene it
would have been better to have those in a latter episode
as I think without those scenes there would have been
more breathing room for the episode to flow rather
than feeling like a mad rush to fighting monsters
which I'm not gonna lie I was waiting for as well. :)

But by having the secret base scene and the troupe scene
it not only forces a rushed first half but it also rushes
those scenes and I feel it ends up making them less enjoyable
then if they took their time with them.
Stuff is boring when it's merely plot points on a line.
We end up missing out on the fun of strategy and comedy
that I think is Hunter x Hunter's strong points. I mean yeah
I love action as much as the next person. But if you're just
like "when is the next fight scene already?" in HxH all the time then you
won't enjoy the show as much because let's face it while
HxH has some excellent fights they are few and far between.
Which is probably why they are so excellent.

Still I'm trying to keep things in perspective. The missing stuff
is fun and I think adds to the character but is not too plot relevant.

Plus Biscuit is awesome
Jan 13, 2013 12:30 AM
Jun 2012
mrsticky005 said:

Pretty much agree with the points you mentioned, as well as Hybridbloodzak. The pacing in the first half heavily implies that all of the omitted material was not only unnecessary, but also too boring to sustain the audience's attention. U__U

It's sad sometimes...I understand why they did it, but I wish Madhouse didn't have to do this. They do a decent job most of the time when it comes to condensing things, but I don't like how everything feels so simplified or abridged as a result. It makes the series lose the complexity that I love so much about it...TT__TT

On the other hand, the second half was definitely much more enjoyable for me since there was a lot more humor and action involved. Oh my gosh though, I didn't expect myself to laugh so hard at Killua's reaction at the end of the episode. I knew what he was going to say since I've seen the OVAs and read the manga, but the way his voice actress said it and his facial expression was just the funniest combination ever! Definitely the best part of the episode for me XD I also loved that new track that they played at the end as well! Very nice!

One last observation...it looks like Gon and Killua aged a little bit :3 They look a bit taller now!
Jan 13, 2013 12:54 AM

Nov 2011
I've always had a problem with biscuits voice but now that i know she's not a little girl, her voice perfectly fits her actually.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 13, 2013 1:16 AM

Jan 2012
katsu044 said:
least i know why they didn't have their shirts in the op/ed lol and they got nothing out of it!

I was thinking this exact same thing haha

Awesome episode, looking forward to Gon and Killua polishing their technique and I love that ED.
Jan 13, 2013 1:20 AM

Apr 2012
Great epsiode. I love Killua's banter with Biscuit. Did Killua's sword get stolen in the manga? I swear they used different methods to make sure they didn't get their cards stolen...

Zee530 said:
I've always had a problem with biscuits voice but now that i know she's not a little girl, her voice perfectly fits her actually.

Yeah I was going to mention that, I didn't notice as much in previous episodes, mostly because she only had a few lines. But her voice sounds a lot more grown up than her body.
Jan 13, 2013 2:21 AM
Dec 2012
I don't have much to say about this episode unfortunately.

I gave it a 4/5 - though in retrospect it probably deserved a 3/5, or if we were to bump that to /10, 7/10. I don't feel we can really ask for much more with content like this. There's very little emotional attachment at this point as there is no conflict apparent. It didn't drag, and the jokes worked in subtlety. The theme of discovery worked well in this episode, yet didn't introduce anything new or particularly important. One criticism is the addition of Feitan and Phinks, as I feel they didn't emit the regular aura of murder as par - even though they mentioned it in dialog. They felt very objective in this episode, without worth more than simple exposition of their goal or as their conversation contributed to the setting.

Neither did death have worth in this episode, as the fodder character that approached Gon + Killua earlier didn't put up a fight or ultimately offer any real import. I also feel that his death, and the announcement of a 'game of murder' between Feitan and Phinks, was not handled as carefully as it may have been. The soundtrack didn't fit the sort of suspense of danger that their dialog suggested. Maybe they will encounter Gon and Killua? But the scene itself didn't feel threatening.

Besides that criticism, the episode worked well enough to keep my interest on its own.
Jan 13, 2013 2:44 AM
Mar 2012
1/5
how fucking disappointing and how fucking cheap this was, some of the best parts of this arc turned into shit. The least you'd expect from a remake is to be better than the first but this was horrible, the encounter with the players was horrible, the fights with the monsters was horrible
Jan 13, 2013 3:05 AM

Mar 2012
Wow nobody even mentioned the biggest part of this episode (being in the real world and not virtual)

Anyway, they combined the 3 noob players into 1 and cut out all the smart methods Gon and Killua used to counter their methods

I remeber the first guy used Levy, and it turns out they put the designated card in the free slot instead, the 2nd time the noob uses another type of Thief to steal form free-slots, only to find out they filled it with stones (that they picked up and turned into stones), a 2nd player comes and I forget what he did, then a fat player comes and explains stuff unnecessarily (which is shown, except it was done by the first guy) and Gon snatches the card from his hand.

The 2nd problem is Shal and co. not being in Masadora, or not showing Masadora in the right way, it was nighttime in the OVA with lights and projectors and stuff, felt really cool.

3rd problem: Gon and Kil had a bit of a rivalry concerning Rock-Paper-Scissors and it was really funny, Gon always wins you see...and in the finals, Kil tricks him by using his left arm instead (after Gon reveals that a guy on Whale Island told him a trick to use to guarantee his winning all the time)

I really recommend watching episodes 73/74 of the original.

Good job on animating the manga parts of monsters, 2nd half was done much better.
End Zionazism
Jan 13, 2013 3:32 AM

Aug 2012
Why the hurry? They just ruin my favorite arc.
I'm really sad now. :(
Jan 13, 2013 3:58 AM

Jun 2012
" ...I want to know everything about the game, but it’s a lot to take in – and massive information dumps every week can do a lot to grind the narrative momentum to a crawl. So far I’d judge that he’s got the balance just right – we’re learning bits and pieces (including via the Gon & Killua Tutorial) but I’m not having to stop the video every 30 seconds to catch up. As the boys get deeper into the world where Ging awaits I suspect the layers of mythology will only get deeper too – it’s going to be interesting to see just how much detail the anime provides and how much is left to the imagination"

You couldn't have said it better Enzo... while there are hardcore HxH fans who want the anime to show all of the manga's details the majority who hasn't read the manga probably doesn't feel that way. If the anime explained every single little detail like the manga, I can only imagine how long the explanations would be.

They definitely could've combined the scenes a little better in this episode but I much prefer this than having to sit through 2 or 3 episodes of what we went through in this episode.

http://www.lostinanime.com/2013/01/hunter-x-hunter-2011-62.html#more
HybridMBLJan 13, 2013 4:03 AM
Jan 13, 2013 4:57 AM

Feb 2010
I don't really care too much about this arc, so im ok with them rushing it.

The bandits part seemed pointless to me.
Jan 13, 2013 5:47 AM

Dec 2011
Yeah! Bisuke is here!!! Although, I don't like her voice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2013 5:57 AM

Jul 2010
It seems everyone is in agreement here; bad first half, good second half.

I, for one, enjoy Togashi's mind games. MH skipping the trivia about Gon being a janken pro wasn't that much of a deal; however, I LOVED that rock card trick, and they shouldn't have removed that part. But I'm fine with MH finishing up fast on the second part, no use extending the battle scenes after all.

Overall, MH's fast pace has its pros and cons; Honestly, this was an okay ep for me, probably better IF I never read the manga. But I did, so... :P

Vanisher said:
The bandits part seemed pointless to me.

It won't be later on, trust me ;)
BigbuffoonJan 13, 2013 6:00 AM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jan 13, 2013 6:01 AM
Jan 2013
well hello everybody

this place seems to be very dangerous as most of you are manga readers, please avoid spoilers ^_^

as i have understood from shal is that the island is somewhere on the glob but what's up with the in-game characters? are they nen or something? and if a player gets killed on the island, does he really die in the real world?

and apparently the reward is very important for that rich man who sent gon and kilua , i believe this game will be cleared very soon as the Ryodan's are already moving ~_^

can't wait for the next episodes and god forbid, i may really read the manga ~_^
Jan 13, 2013 6:16 AM

Mar 2012
SHEvA9 said:
well hello everybody

this place seems to be very dangerous as most of you are manga readers, please avoid spoilers ^_^

as i have understood from shal is that the island is somewhere on the glob but what's up with the in-game characters? are they nen or something? and if a player gets killed on the island, does he really die in the real world?

and apparently the reward is very important for that rich man who sent gon and kilua , i believe this game will be cleared very soon as the Ryodan's are already moving ~_^

can't wait for the next episodes and god forbid, i may really read the manga ~_^

Umm since now we know this IS the real world, dying in GI IS death itself, as opposed to what we first thought (dying in-game results in dying outside the game as a consequence). It's their real bodies that are in the game, so that guy who got bombed, had his real body bombed, and so he died then. His body simply teleported back to where the console was. (Battera's mansion)

As for those NPCs, they are conjured dolls, the whole game is made by Nen users (Game masters) and all the systems are, are run by, and incorporate nen :)

Turning a card into an item and vice versa is a nen ability, that's why Coltopi can't copy it (but he could still copy the card/the item itself)
End Zionazism
Jan 13, 2013 6:20 AM

Aug 2012
I figured as much about that "little girl", or should I say "old hag".

Nice episode. :)
Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jan 13, 2013 6:25 AM

Jan 2012
Funny episode, loved it 5/5
Jan 13, 2013 6:39 AM
Jan 2013
Mikasa said:

Umm since now we know this IS the real world, dying in GI IS death itself, as opposed to what we first thought (dying in-game results in dying outside the game as a consequence). It's their real bodies that are in the game, so that guy who got bombed, had his real body bombed, and so he died then. His body simply teleported back to where the console was. (Battera's mansion)

As for those NPCs, they are conjured dolls, the whole game is made by Nen users (Game masters) and all the systems are, are run by, and incorporate nen :)

Turning a card into an item and vice versa is a nen ability, that's why Coltopi can't copy it (but he could still copy the card/the item itself)

thank you for explanation

as for the last point, I bet Kuroro could copy it lool
Jan 13, 2013 6:57 AM

Mar 2012
He'd have to meet the guy in person, and fulfill all the conditions to do so :P and because his ability requires him to have his book open, it'd be weird seeing him with 2 books at the same time
End Zionazism
Jan 13, 2013 7:58 AM

Jul 2011
Eh. I remembed the tournament being more interesting. The way they did it here felt like it had no purpose... They didn't learn anything from it.

Anyways, Biscuit! :D

In the end though, I'm somewhat expecting to be watching this only for the new animation...
Jan 13, 2013 8:16 AM

Feb 2010
Try to be considerate for people that don't want spoilers guys -.-
Jan 13, 2013 8:17 AM

Mar 2012
There are no spoilers
End Zionazism
Jan 13, 2013 10:55 AM

Jun 2010
Wow, that tl;dr comments.

Great episode, Biscuit finally introduced himself. But is it just me or they are skipping something?

Anyways! YO, Narrator! Biscuit is more than a highly experienced pro Hunter!
Jan 13, 2013 11:20 AM
Jul 2012
that was terrible, the encounter with the other players in the beginning was terrible and the fights against the monsters was terrible, the staff either got replaced by a bunch of gorillas or they were just cheap
Jan 13, 2013 11:40 AM

Oct 2011
Still beats the abomination that was the Greed Island OVAs.
Jan 13, 2013 11:46 AM
Aug 2012
Funny interactions in the end. Biscuit ftw.

Also,
Jan 13, 2013 11:50 AM
Mar 2012
fearthebeard85 said:
Still beats the abomination that was the Greed Island OVAs.

maybe if you've got shit in your eyes because everything in this video was done better by the ovas, except maybe the artwork
Jan 13, 2013 12:06 PM

Jan 2012
LOL, people complaining about scenes being removed and saying that it's the end of the world. Madhouse has made HxH popular again.They have 340 chapters to work with, I'm sure they know whats important and what isn't. We can't really say much of anything until this arc is over because Madhouse has switched placements of scenes countless times.

The episode was still enjoyable. I was expecting certain scenes to show up like everyone else. Anyways, I'm sure Madhouse will make up for it somehow.
Jan 13, 2013 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
Great episode. Killua and Gon are such an awesome duo.
Jan 13, 2013 12:18 PM
Mar 2012
noonealive said:
LOL, people complaining about scenes being removed and saying that it's the end of the world. Madhouse has made HxH popular again.They have 340 chapters to work with, I'm sure they know whats important and what isn't. We can't really say much of anything until this arc is over because Madhouse has switched placements of scenes countless times.

The episode was still enjoyable. I was expecting certain scenes to show up like everyone else. Anyways, I'm sure Madhouse will make up for it somehow.

you can't deny that it was such a cheap work though, they didn't even bother showing the monster cards
Jan 13, 2013 12:22 PM

Mar 2012
Monster cards can be found on the wiki lol
End Zionazism
Jan 13, 2013 1:02 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
haha.. love the Biscuit xD Kinda typical of strongest chracrters xD Old hag in a child/teen form usually ^^
Jan 13, 2013 4:46 PM
Jan 2013
well i remembered something from recent episodes
the man with that rich bastard who selects the players
he said he won the game several times !!
i mean what the hell is going on ?!
why even that trader wants to have winners? isn't because he wants the three cards?

and do the three cards the winner picks work in the real world ? like transforming into something when the word " Gain " is said?
Jan 13, 2013 4:49 PM
Dec 2012
Greed Island is not a Virtual Reality game?

Hunter x Hunter is a stinking pile of shit! Sword Art Online FTW!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.