Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2012 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Mogana sure is rageful this episode not that I blamed her.

Anyways, it was nice to see some action although I didn't like seeing Oudo suddenlly walking in like that. Oh, that bastard. Also, I'm pretty curious Medaka's state of being now considering that ending. Shit's about to go down.
Dec 6, 2012 4:52 AM
Jan 2012
I am relieve, for a moment I thought that they were going to show the brainwashed Medaka like the one in the opening
Dec 7, 2012 12:16 AM

May 2011
Damn, looks like Medaka has changed there.

This is not looking good.
Dec 7, 2012 1:54 AM

Jul 2009
Aw delicious treasury girl.
Dec 7, 2012 2:06 AM

Jan 2011
Now Kikaijima will be in her swimsuit for the rest of the series.
Dec 7, 2012 3:23 AM

Jan 2009
Kikaijima is such a hotty!!! and this is what i love about MedakaBox the philosophy dialogues are cool XD
Dec 7, 2012 4:11 AM

May 2010
I was waiting for Kikaijima too shine.Finally she came.
Dec 7, 2012 4:41 AM
Jun 2008
from the look Jumping from the frying pan into the fire indeed dang it's everyone worst nightmare.

yea cause reveal zod-oudo can control anything even be puppet master to people even worse now are we seeing HEEL medaka cena?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 7, 2012 5:38 AM

Dec 2009
So much talking.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 7, 2012 7:42 AM
May 2012
Not that i am searching for fault here!
kurokami,zenkichi works hard with their fightings so they can develop their abnormal fighting ability!
thats believable somewhat!
Akune goes with his judo attacks so its alright too!
and kikaijima can hold her breath for 1 hour!so its possible because she is a swimmer!
but launching a vocal beam!!!!
beam!!!!yeah, right!!!!nice try
Dec 7, 2012 11:01 AM

Mar 2009
I ship Yukuhashi with Kikaijima >w<b my shotacon vibes are tingling~
Dec 7, 2012 11:29 AM

Oct 2012
ijen said:
kurokami,zenkichi works hard with their fightings so they can develop their abnormal fighting ability!
and kikaijima can hold her breath for 1 hour!so its possible because she is a swimmer!

I don't see how being able to fire off a vocal shockwave is that absurd for her. It goes well with her lung capacity shtick.
Dec 7, 2012 11:54 AM

Nov 2012
Seriously, what a worthless MC Medaka is. She lets everyone and their dog beat the crap out of her, then places herself in situations(such as shooting herself up with random hypodermic needles) where her friends constantly need to risk their lives to help her.

Zenkichi and the rest should just flip her the bird and leave her to be Ouda's toy.
Dec 7, 2012 1:06 PM

Oct 2012
I honestly think they added too much "magic" in the second season especially this episode. I know it is too emphasis abnormalities, but the first season was more realistic.
"But there's nothing wrong to worrying. It's like a wall you need to overcome, to make it to the next level. If you're running up against that wall, it means you're moving forward. I wonder how many walls I've broken up until now, but if you wont move yourself, you will never get anywhere." - Aiko Muto

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PersonX&sclick=1]
Dec 7, 2012 1:16 PM
Oct 2012
PersonX said:
I honestly think they added too much "magic" in the second season especially this episode. I know it is too emphasis abnormalities, but the first season was more realistic.

Yes, I remember fondly the time my school council president managed to pull apart an entire building. Those were the days ole friend, we thought they would never end, but then they did. Sigh.

Nothing in this show is realistic, and if it is bothering you now, better get off the bus here or your mind will literally explode in 2-3 more episodes.
Dec 7, 2012 3:05 PM
Sep 2012
Kikaijima finally shows her true strength and just when Zenkichi is about to face off against Oudo, a new Medeka shows up. Next week is gonna be good!
Dec 7, 2012 3:10 PM

Nov 2011
Been racking my brain over Oudo's abnormality for a while, thank god its over

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 7, 2012 5:56 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode as expected. Kikaijima ripping off her fingernails was hard to look at

So uh, what happened to the other episode threads?

Dec 7, 2012 5:57 PM

Apr 2011
It made me shiver when Kikaijima ripped her finger nails off with her own teeth. HOW PAINFUL!

Also can Medaka rev be rev rev rev rev rev anti rev of a rev of being an anti rev? :D
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 7, 2012 6:11 PM

Sep 2008
The raw did not make me cringe because I just thought she bit her finger really hard. But when I found out what she really did oh boy...
Dec 7, 2012 6:50 PM

Jul 2008
niaxato said:
Seriously, what a worthless MC Medaka is. She lets everyone and their dog beat the crap out of her, then places herself in situations(such as shooting herself up with random hypodermic needles) where her friends constantly need to risk their lives to help her.

Zenkichi and the rest should just flip her the bird and leave her to be Ouda's toy.

PersonX said:

ijen said:

Because launching a vocal beam is more impossible than splitting a whole building into 2 and sending someone fly away 50m away, running at mach speed and lot of other impossible feat.
Dec 7, 2012 7:12 PM

Oct 2012
Damn Kikaijima got that sonic boom lungs and she bites of her nails like it's nothing, brainwashed medaka shows up as the episode ends and as usual leaves us pumped for the next episode.
Dec 7, 2012 7:16 PM

Nov 2012
in the next ep preview the left eye of medaka chan was crying, i think she's only half brainwashed, there's still a lot of 13 party members that are not still showing up, i hope they all go out this season

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 7, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2012
PersonX said:

how much magic is too much magic
as was said medaka pulled a building apart with her body
she also was able to move fast enough to disarm all of the thugs in the kendo dojo in the first ep. and when the student council was about to be attacked she ran up a building using cleats and claws
then you have unzen's abilities and his uniform

in the 2nd season here you have emp waves, mind reading, kikaijima's vocal beam
munakata being able to carry all those weapons in his clothes if you're counting that
and unzen's sister strength of carrying giant chained balls, and a cyborg girl
there are only more characters

the 1st season is more realistic if you are going to do the season overall since 3/4s of it was the current student council intro stories

niaxato said:

if they did that how would zenkichi and them develop in the current setting D:

besides

ignore flask plan -> student body sacrificed
EltrikDec 7, 2012 9:41 PM
Dec 7, 2012 10:10 PM
Mar 2011
Ouda is just as arrogant as Gilgamesh in Fate Zero. Love it!

does anyone knows any other characters like them? if so, message me
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 7, 2012 11:49 PM

Apr 2012
ow. when kikaijima ripped her nails off i felt the pain as well. gosh that hurt.

dang... i really want to know how medaka is right now... she seems half brain washed.
Dec 8, 2012 3:39 AM

May 2008
amginex said:

does anyone knows any other characters like them? if so, message me
Wait untill you see the last episode... <3
Dec 8, 2012 7:36 AM
Aug 2011
Badass moment incoming.

Dec 8, 2012 12:12 PM

Sep 2010
Watching Kikaijima rip her fingernails off reminds me of

Either way, I cringed when I watched both scenes.

WTF? Kikaijima using some type of hyper voice attack?

At the end of their fight, I was glad that Yukuhashi didn't switch side. This show has enough traitors in the 13 party, so at least for now it is good that it didn't happen (yet). My guess is it will happen at the end of the season.

Also, am I the only here who doesn't really like Maguro?
Dec 8, 2012 2:47 PM
Nov 2010
niaxato said:

you totally didn't paid attention to the first season, did you?
Dec 8, 2012 6:38 PM

May 2010
aren't emp ment to disrupt everything in range? so why is it transmitting then? Logic is missing here.
Dec 8, 2012 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
Hydnlife said:
aren't emp ment to disrupt everything in range? so why is it transmitting then? Logic is missing here.

How do you think it disrupt things in range -.-?
EMP work by transmitting random electromagnetic wave so that it disrupt thing in range.
If your phone is being messed up because of a EMP it's because it can't catch up the signal it have to because it keep receiving the EMP's random shit.
Dec 8, 2012 10:40 PM

Feb 2008
gawd dang, i cannot stand any scenes involving the ripping of nails. oasjdaskj6dl6askjd
Dec 9, 2012 3:42 AM

Jun 2009
Kikaijima is badass. Unfortunately that was the only thing that was good about this ep. Alot of talking and not much action. I hope that the next ep is not going to be a cliché ep where the Student Counsil members are desperately trying to get Medaka normal by alot of talking. I just hope that Zenkichi punches her in the punch and then she's normal again.
Dec 9, 2012 11:53 AM
Feb 2012
My girl Mogana made me proud. Cool beans.

Another thing that's been crossing my mind lately- is there a possibility of a third season? Currently there's evidence for it, the strongest one being all the future characters shown in the opening (won't name them now for spoilers' sake but it's quite obvious anyway). There's still *so* much material left and the show's just gotten to the good part so why not, right?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 9, 2012 12:54 PM

Sep 2010
amginex said:

Ouda makes Gil seem like a whiny bitch in comparison o.O
Dec 9, 2012 8:55 PM

Aug 2011
Way to go girl(Kikaijima),Oh the pain ,poor little girl had to rip her nails ...felt it right through the screen SHIVERS o(╥﹏╥)o. Don't even know if they're gonna grow back..well atleast properly.

And for the MC (medaka) being useless,well that is partially true though i would say that if we replace medaka's MC role for zenkichi it wouldn't be bad either XD But Madaka's role are just fine .

Look like lots of drama...kinda next episode but still =D
Is this 13 eps?
I'm just an ordinary Anime loving Cheese Goo.So feel free to ask any question about cheese XD.Or if you want i could give you a little scoop of my cheesy body ,just PM me LOL,I'll really give you cheese.REALLY

Dec 9, 2012 11:36 PM

May 2012
GuiltyKing said:

Another thing that's been crossing my mind lately- is there a possibility of a third season? Currently there's evidence for it, the strongest one being all the future characters shown in the opening (won't name them now for spoilers' sake but it's quite obvious anyway). There's still *so* much material left and the show's just gotten to the good part so why not, right?

of course there is a possibility for a third season. if you know all the material, based on how this season ends, the possibility is high :>
Dec 10, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
GuiltyKing said:

it'd be silly of them to stop the show right when the most popular medaka box character makes his entrance. could you imagine what kind of cash cow he'd be?

although... this is a gainax anime. they're pretty ruthless when it comes to cliffhangers. :P
Dec 10, 2012 5:41 PM

May 2011
What Kikaijima was doing looked so painful that it made me cringe just by watching her do it.
Dec 10, 2012 7:03 PM

Jul 2008
rosarythug said:
GuiltyKing said:

it'd be silly of them to stop the show right when the most popular medaka box character makes his entrance. could you imagine what kind of cash cow he'd be?

although... this is a gainax anime. they're pretty ruthless when it comes to cliffhangers. :P

With Medaka's manga ranking lately + the fact that this season's sale are very average I'd say that the chance for a third season happening is low.
But the same thing happened with season 1 and season 2 still happened.

Look like someone well placed in the office care about this project.
Dec 11, 2012 11:26 AM

Jan 2011
KuroNoKenshi said:
With Medaka's manga ranking lately + the fact that this season's sale are very average I'd say that the chance for a third season happening is low.

I kinda agree with you, and manga sales is good but just average good, not really help. But if Gainax wont make season 3, they wont make they appearing in opening
if you know what I mean lol
Dec 11, 2012 6:53 PM

Jul 2008
furuuru said:
KuroNoKenshi said:

I kinda agree with you, and manga sales is good but just average good, not really help. But if Gainax wont make season 3, they wont make they appearing in opening
if you know what I mean lol

Except if they intend it as a message meaning "We're ready to make a s3 but you'll have to show us that you will buy it with season 2's sale."
Dec 12, 2012 6:32 AM

Jun 2008
Nooo..The beautiful hand of Kikaijima-san getting hurt like that is a crime.
Such a nice awesome girl i like Kikaijima.
Btw this scene.

Yeah that specific sight is not something only you enjoy dude.^_^ Delicious Kikaijima ass.
Medaka got all brainwashi. So how is she gonna snap out of this one? Saved by her brother? Or hr sister actually showing a glimpse of humanity and leaving something in her brain to recover?

Also it was stupid that our main guy had no come back for the accusation that supposedly Medaka brainwashes people too. She affects people but is not a forced brainwashing with no alternative like they did to her. It is them who decide in the end whether they want to go to the path Medaka showed them. Her supposed brainwashing is nothing but decision making by her enhancing their world view. And decision making isn't brainwashing. If we call that brainwashing then anything that may affect a decision is brainwashing so every single person and event is brainwashing which is stupid to think like that.
MonadDec 13, 2012 8:53 AM
Dec 13, 2012 12:47 AM

May 2012
Monad said:

Also it was stupid that our main guy had no come back for the accusation that supposedly Medaka brainwashes people too. Hes she affects people but is not a forced brainwashing with no alternative like they did to her. It is them who decide in the end whether they want to go to the path Medaka showed them. Her supposed brainwashing is nothing but decision making by her enhancing their world view. And decision making isn't brainwashing. If we call that brainwashing then anything that my affect a decision is brainwashing so every single person and event is brainwashing which is stupid to think like that.

not entirely true. medaka uses force at times as well. she usually stops at nothing to reform people into what she believes is a better person. in extreme cases she goes war god mode (middle school flashback and unzen last season)

yeah unzen deserved to get beatdown, but it was like if you won't change through words, then i'll give in and just remove you entirely.
Dec 13, 2012 8:56 AM

Jun 2008
She doesn't use force to reform them. She uses force to protect others. Unzen didn't got his ass kicked because he didn't accept Medaka's way of thinking but because of his actions. If he wasn't trying to hurt her and her friends the conflict would have never happen no matter what Unzen's internal beliefs are.
Dec 13, 2012 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
Monad said:
She doesn't use force to reform them. She uses force to protect others. Unzen didn't got his ass kicked because he didn't accept Medaka's way of thinking but because of his actions. If he wasn't trying to hurt her and her friends the conflict would have never happen no matter what Unzen's internal beliefs are.

Medaka talk first but if things doesn't go her way she'll use force. "Force" doesn't only mean physical assault.
Dec 14, 2012 9:06 AM

Aug 2011
Nice revealing of Oudo's power, it's quite incredible. Mizou's power was pretty cool too, I always thought it was Unzen in the OP but I was mistaken now.

Couldn't believe Kikaijima bit her own nails off, I can't even imagine that pain.
Dec 15, 2012 1:50 AM

May 2012
Monad said:

well yes she initially used it to protect them, but once she got them out of the explosion, that goal was accomplished. she went further by going into war god mode, punched him through the building, and almost went in for the finishing blow if the rest of the student council hadn't of brought her back.
Mar 26, 2013 11:02 AM

May 2012
An interesting episode with this time Kouki in the spotlights, an epic fight and an interesting explanation of some of their powers! Sure is a good development, lets see what's next!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2012

173 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 15, 11:39 PM

» Animes That Are Similar ??

DragonIncursio - Sep 16, 2021

5 by Rexitor_Delta »»
Dec 24, 2022 8:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2012

55 by Punkero »»
Aug 21, 2022 6:55 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

136 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 6, 2022 5:08 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

79 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 5, 2022 4:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.