[last updated 5 may 2015, at 59.9 days of anime watched]
I am just a normal Dutch boy, currently 19 years old. I started watching anime when a friend recommended Code Geass to me, when watching it I was drawn into this magnificient world.
As a medical student, I don't have too much time anymore to practice my ultimate hobby, but whenever a nice anime airs I will try to watch it.
If you have anything to say, or even if you do not, please message me! I like talking to everyone, especcialy if they share my hobby.
Recommendations (for both anime and manga (though I usually don't update my manga list)) are very welcome too!
In this spoiler are some of my favorite anime and vocaloid songs:
From "Little Busters EX"
From "Angel Beats"
From: "Hataraku Maou-Sama "
Hatsune Miku Append: "Meteor"
Under the spoiler here you will find my update of May 2014, when I was so young and naive that I thought I was actually coing to update this profile regulary, well here we are one year later. Mind you though, it may take a while to load if you click the spoiler tag.
Somewhere there is also how I used to grade anime, though I will refine this as soon as I have holiday and balance my list out a little.
Finnaly: My favorite anime screen ever:
(Last updated may 2014)
Hi, I'm just a normal Dutch boy, currently 18 years old. I started watching anime when a friend recommended Code Geass to me, after I watched that I just kept watching more and more.
If you have any questions regarding anything on my list or blog (like a what I thought of a specific anime or whatever), or just want to talk, feel free to do so: I will try to reply as quick as possible and with my best language skills (I speak English, German and Dutch so feel free to use these). If you see any spelling or grammar mistakes in anything that I post, please point these out as I'm trying my best to write these.
In this spoiler there are some of the funniest anime-related things I have stumbled upon. Most of them will also show up somewhere in my blog, but anyway. Make sure you get some tissues and a bucket in your reach while browsing though this spoiler as you will likely be crying and vomiting from fun.
Expect more to be here next time you're around!
From Episode 10 of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (a slice of life anime).
Applies to me as I am allergic to chocolate :(
My second to one favorite quote of all time, I actually live by this quote.
My favorite quote is in my signature:
"But there's nothing wrong to worrying. It's like a wall you need to overcome, to make it to the next level. If you're running up against that wall, it means you're moving forward. I wonder how many walls I've broken up until now, but if you wont move yourself, you will never get anywhere." - Aiko Muto
Some of my favorite Openings and endings are included here (often from currently airing anime): Feel free to listen to them. I also like Vocaloid so expect some vocaloid songs as well.
1. Golden time Ending:
2. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Ending:
3. Shinsekai Yori Ending
4. Blood Lad Opening
5. Campione! Opening
6. Suisei no Gargantia Ending
My favorite Vocaloid songs:
I keep a pretty strict rating policy for myself, to make it easier for you to understand my list, please keep these explanations in mind.
Also, as I'm a pre-university student, I like to think deeply about the anime I've watched, that's why I explain the ratings like this.
last updated: 13-11-2013
NOTE: I use different rating scales for specials. If it adds something to the story (like the OVA from Another), then it gets high scores. Otherwise, it may or not have been amusing to watch. The lower the score the lower the excitement was.
10. An absolutely brilliant anime, has either (probably) changed my way of thinking (of live). Indeed, a masterpiece. (Sometimes some factors in an anime rate so high that it "simply" worth a full score, like the art in Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai: DEPTH OF FIELD, although the story was not that great, the art was magnificent. In other words, for anime to get a full score, it has to have (some/) a deep meaning to it.
9. Superb good anime, is probably either the best anime I've seen from this genre (but isn't worth a 10) or the best of the season. Must have some deep thoughts hidden in it (literature-layers).
Probably has very good character development in it or let you think about the story in an (active) way (like trying to solve out who "did" "it").
8. Very good anime, but just does not have IT. No "deep" anime. For an anime to get an eight it should have at least an enjoyable story, (very) good art, and a nice soundtrack.
7. Good, enjoyable anime. But the story lacks (any) kind of depth but the anime still kept me amused (most of the time).
6. Enjoyable anime. The story is not that great, not much character development, but still not boring. Sometimes maybe even fun to watch.
NOTE: In the Netherlands, at school you're graded with a note on a scale from 1 to 10. 10 is the best, 1 is worst. Anything under a 5,5 is not a passing mark. So under the 6, the anime does not "pass" my requirements of expectations.
5. Borderline anime, has almost no character development in it, no "deep" story at all. But it still amused me from time to time. However, either the art, soundtrack (+voice actors) or any other part irritated me.
4. Bad anime. Not really wort the time but the story is somewhat interesting at very scare times. Art, character development, sound or any other part maybe very bad.
NOOT: Under a 4 I will probably have dropped the anime.
3. Dropping anime: Often because either art is bad or the above