Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 10, 2012 6:40 AM
Mar 2012
if he's 100% normal, how did he block a sword slash with his hand? a spiky club by removing his shirt, come on, this is full of flaws
Nov 10, 2012 6:50 AM

Oct 2011
Shaduge said:
if he's 100% normal, how did he block a sword slash with his hand? a spiky club by removing his shirt, come on, this is full of flaws

Simple answer:
Completely normal in anime =/= completely normal in real life
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Nov 10, 2012 7:34 AM

Sep 2012
Waiting for someone to post Shichika, i mean, it's like Nisio Ishin is doing it on purpose!
"Yasuri-kun, people die when they are killed"
Nov 10, 2012 11:38 AM

Sep 2008
He is normal in the sense that he can be an idiot, be wrong, and fail.
Nov 10, 2012 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
crockmez said:
I do not kill without a reason.
I only kill when I have a reason.
Currently I'm at work, Thus I kill you.
I have no time to waste on you, thus I kill you.
I won't try to stop you, thus I kill you.
I dislike conflict, thus I kill you.
The weather is lovely today. Thus, I kill you.
Lunch was delicious. Thus, I kill you.
I had a nice dream last night. Thus, I kill you.
A movie that I've been looking forward to comes out soon. Thus, I kill you.
My telephone's battery is nearly dead. Thus, I kill you.
I have no reason. Thus, I kill you.

This guy has some weird rationality. O.o

I don't know. Seems legit to me.
Nov 10, 2012 1:11 PM

Sep 2010
Let's be wary of bad skin.

Not as good as I'd like it, but it's what we got.
Nov 10, 2012 3:35 PM

Mar 2012
SOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE THE NEXT EPISODE!!

once again epic win (Y)

My friend code: 0688 - 6300 - 6898
Nov 11, 2012 1:26 AM

May 2012
Shaduge said:

it's just the noormal way of blocking weapons without getting yourself hurt~

he punched the side of the sword out of the way :P
Nov 11, 2012 4:40 AM

Jun 2010
Worse than in the manga, still awesome. The manga had many cliffhangers during the fight, with every chapter. You just don't feel it in one episode. I was especially angry there was no big "WHAA?!" when Zenkichi revealed Munakata is not a killer at all. That should've been the biggest thing in the episode, damn it!
Also they ignored the flashback to Munakata's past which I think adds a lot to his character. But other than that, a pretty good adaptation.

Can't wait for the next episode in which, opinion-spoiler alert, Akune's character finally becomes good. AND THE BEST ONE OF THE NEW CHARACTERS APPEARS, YAY!
Nov 11, 2012 8:01 AM

May 2011
Zenkichi was a indeed a total badass this episode, knocking down swords, guns, and a rocket launcher like nothing. The fight was pretty cool and I actually like that Munakata a lot. Lmao at the kunai that fell out when he shook hands with Zenkichi.

Medaka's love confession and crying scene was just so great and cute to see.

And ftw Maguro and his siscon is here to stay.
Nov 11, 2012 8:03 AM

Sep 2010
Animes im glad i didnt drop:

1. Medaka Box
Nov 11, 2012 8:09 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah, another one of those (along with the Zenkichi quote)
Nov 11, 2012 8:49 AM

Jan 2009
Well, Zenkichi was just a normal child. But he was with Medaka and tried to be a man who can protect her from anyone. So he became a man like that.
And, the category of Normal, Special, and Abnormal basically doesn't change for their life in this show. Because it refers to the Innate talents, capability, or disposition that they have had since born.
So, I guess it's no use thinking whether Zenkichi is normal or abnormal.
Nov 11, 2012 10:15 AM

Jul 2008
Hana-kei said:
Well, Zenkichi was just a normal child. But he was with Medaka and tried to be a man who can protect her from anyone. So he became a man like that.
And, the category of Normal, Special, and Abnormal basically doesn't change for their life in this show. Because it refers to the Innate talents, capability, or disposition that they have had since born.

Nov 11, 2012 11:09 AM

Aug 2012
KuroNoKenshi said:
Hana-kei said:

Yeah but he's still the weakest and Zenkichi said that himself.
Nov 11, 2012 11:55 AM

Nov 2011
Best ep of this season just what i was waiting for :D
Nov 11, 2012 11:58 AM

Dec 2009
After expecting an epic fight between Munakata and Zenkichi. What did I get? Meh.
The fight was way too one sided. Munakata got absolutely no offence in until that sneak attack at the end of the fight.
Zenkichi just became hyper powerful after no time at all... Sigh.

Medaka's reaction to Zenkichi's "death" had absolutely no emotion whatsoever, so it just felt awkward and that made the scene fall flat.

I still have no idea what blue haired annoying loli will be doing at the end. But I don't really care either.

The best part of this meh episode was Kamiya Hiroshi's performance. Good job.

2/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 11, 2012 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
I think this episode was pretty decent. Zenkichi finally got involved in a real fight where he could show is abilities. Hearing from some people that the manga is better, makes me want to pick up the manga. I think i'll do that because this series is getting more interesting and in the manga you'll most likely read more background info about the characters. I'm really interested in Shiranui Hansode. I wonder what her story is, she quite the mysterious character.
Nov 11, 2012 4:22 PM

Dec 2010
"So, I'll kill you"
god, I love Munakata's reasoning

and that fight was one of zenkichi's top moments
Nov 12, 2012 4:37 AM

Oct 2012
Very nice!!! Was looking forward to seeing Kenichi... I mean, Zenkichi throw down.
Nov 12, 2012 5:02 AM

May 2010
Medaka has evolved from like 7 to 9 for me..........That is amazing.This episode was so intense as always.I could not take my eyes from the screen.
Nov 12, 2012 7:00 AM

Jul 2011
lol I have to rewatch this episode...

5/5
Nov 13, 2012 4:40 AM

Jun 2009
Ah, I've always loved his "you did <fickle thing>, so I'll kill you" reasoning.

Medaka's reaction did fall a little flat compared to the manga, I agree.

Overall entertaining episode: the kicks to the weapons were sudden like they needed to be, the earthquake was great (although I would've liked more impact), the friend scene at the end was decent (but again, needed a little more OOMPH to it)
Nov 13, 2012 7:10 AM

Aug 2012
This dude's something else... Mr. I'll Kill You For Anything!

Medaka finally admits that she loves Zenkichi!
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 13, 2012 8:07 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode, more badass Zenkichi please
Nov 14, 2012 4:03 PM

Jul 2012
Medaka was unexpectedly really cute this episode. Totally was not expecting a love declaration till the end of the series if/when they win and if that.

Definitely liking S2 more than S1!
Nov 16, 2012 10:59 AM

Oct 2012
Kind of disappointed with the Munakata v.s. Zenkichi fight. It wasn't animated well enough. Too little motion. But besides that, I think the episode was nice. Definitely got the job done.
Nov 16, 2012 9:53 PM

Feb 2010
crockmez said:
I do not kill without a reason.
I only kill when I have a reason.
Currently I'm at work, Thus I kill you.
I have no time to waste on you, thus I kill you.
I won't try to stop you, thus I kill you.
I dislike conflict, thus I kill you.
The weather is lovely today. Thus, I kill you.
Lunch was delicious. Thus, I kill you.
I had a nice dream last night. Thus, I kill you.
A movie that I've been looking forward to comes out soon. Thus, I kill you.
My telephone's battery is nearly dead. Thus, I kill you.
I have no reason. Thus, I kill you.

This guy has some weird rationality. O.o

Yeah, all it's saying is that every reason results in him wanting to kill you. Basically meaning he doesn't need a definitive reason.
I thought it was an okay way of putting it, although a little long winded.

Best ep so far!
Nov 27, 2012 1:39 AM

May 2010
That was a fun fight to watch, had me hella hype and laughing at the same time.
Nov 27, 2012 3:37 AM
Nov 2011
I have a lot more respect for Zenkichi now, but I can't help feel spoilled by how it end, because Medaka's brother had to know the outcome. Which makes me wonder if he doubted Zenkichi could do it, or new he should, but given how it ended, I still think he was the right choice for this fight.

One more thing, What is Shiranui up to? Something weird there. However, while I didn't read the Manga, I had a feeling Zenkichi might be dead... Why? I remember what the Judo Ex-Captain Namashima did in the earlier fight. Still, I actually enjoyed Medaka showing emotion for Zenkichi, but after seeing this, I have to wonder if it was real, or forced to give Zenkichi cover for his last move?
VeretaxNov 27, 2012 3:44 AM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Nov 30, 2012 3:29 AM

Jun 2011
I tried giving this a chance, I really tried.. But this is way too BS.. Zenkichi is totally owning the Abnormal..? So why is that assassin even an abnormal to begin with? I see nothing special in him. It'd be cool if Zenkichi become an abnormal though, I didn't know someone can become an abnormal not through talent but hard work.. The crying was much of a LOL-worthy, do you really break down and cry when somebody was stabbed?

"Come on now, we just fight with our life on the line, ain't we friends already?"
Isn't that way too funny? LOL Please use that dialogue at the right place at the right time, that situation just doesn't fit..
ToG25thBaamNov 30, 2012 3:37 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 30, 2012 2:40 PM

Aug 2011
Ahaha, Hiroshi voicing Munakata. That signature head tilt...

Enjoyed the ep very much. I was very concerned when Zenkichi got skewered and Medaka burst into tears. Great fight and once again, great characters in the flask plan.
Dec 11, 2012 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
YOU DO NOT MAKE MEDAKA CRY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! You will get your ass kicked period.
Jan 3, 2013 2:43 PM
Mar 2012
A terrific episode, not only do we get to see a great fight but we also got to see Medaka's emotions and how she feels towards Zenkichi
Jan 15, 2013 11:57 PM

Nov 2012
Kei just reminds me on Arararararagi from the Monogatari series. Voiced by the same guy. Seems like both really like talking....
Mar 26, 2013 8:53 AM

May 2012
Damn nice episode, great to have Zenkichi in the spotlights for once! Also first time we actually see Medaka cry... and well it seems that she well really loves him...

Our favorite loli is still eating her belly full but has now left so lets see what she's up to!

Epic episode, great action and a nice ending!
May 12, 2013 9:02 AM

Jan 2012
not the best EP

on to the next./..
Aug 26, 2013 12:11 PM

Dec 2010
Haha, Zenkichi used my favorite phrase: "People die if they are killed." The episode was not bad at all, and I definitely didn't see the end coming. The fact that Zenkichi was the center of the episode, made it good enough, and I really like the fact that Kurokami's brother taught him Savate for the same reason I like that MA ^_^
Oct 6, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2013
flaxman85 said:
not the best EP

on to the next./..

Bitch, it was the best.
Sep 23, 2014 3:06 AM

Sep 2014
I liked this fight more than Medaka and Takachiho.. And normal beating an abnormal? That's abnormal in itself lol..
Nov 1, 2014 12:34 PM
Jul 2014
I LOVE THAT GUY! "The weather is nice today....thus I kill you" haahahahah! I love how brave Zenkichi-kun is. He's a great friend. So, Medaka loves him eh? I wanted that in the beginning of the first season, but when she kissed the other girl in the pool, I was kind of rooting for those two. Clearly it's obvious that Zenkichi is the best choice, but I still want her to be with the other girl. :/ But zenkichi deserves Kurokami though.
Jun 26, 2015 5:06 AM

Jan 2015
The scene where Kei was saying some of the reasons to kill is the most I've laughed in Medaka Box. Lunch was delicious, so I'll kill you. The best one of all was, I think you and I could be friends. So, I'll kill you. I also had a laugh when he said humans die when they're killed xD
Zenkichi was a bad-ass in this episode. A Normal who can rival Abnormals.
5/5 episode! This season is great so far!
Oct 4, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2015
Another great episode awesome
Feb 4, 2016 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
Not enough Medaka in this episode. Also Shiranui get annoying over time.
Jul 20, 2017 4:39 PM

May 2015
F*cking finally I got to see Zenkichi have the chance to fight for real!

On a side note:
That was a weird way to make friends Lol!
Roy_FockerJul 20, 2017 5:09 PM
May 9, 2018 1:54 AM
Jun 2013
jeez this dude sure loves killing and creepy brother came to feel her up. I was happy to see someone else shine in the show as it makes them feel not useless. It also helps the fight it self with hito was pretty entertaining. I mean hito even planned ahead with the sword situation. I also like that there was at least some info on our opponent and his flash back didn't have some random stuff like the last guys. Though the hey now were friends part was random. I'm surprised they pulled the love confession from medaka this early as im use to those being held on for a pretty long time. They even showed that she cared so much that we see her actually cry for the first time.
Mar 9, 2020 3:31 PM

Mar 2010
Didn't think Medaka would be that emotional, I would have thought she would be a bit optimistic. But she just lost all hope.. kinda odd.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 4, 2020 7:00 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Zenkichi is like immortal xD Medaka crying because she loves him was great
Jul 2, 2021 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
I'm not really sure how Zenkichi is still alive, but I'm glad that he is.

It's official, Medaka likes him more than as a friend, or at least it seems that way.

Sep 29, 2021 7:43 PM

Nov 2010
They call Zenkichi a "normal" wow... how I wish I can be that kind of "normal". I don't think a normal person can stand a chance against someone armed with a gun and at that distance. lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2012

173 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 15, 11:39 PM

» Animes That Are Similar ??

DragonIncursio - Sep 16, 2021

5 by Rexitor_Delta »»
Dec 24, 2022 8:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2012

55 by Punkero »»
Aug 21, 2022 6:55 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

136 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 6, 2022 5:08 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

79 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 5, 2022 4:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.