Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2008 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, it was all slightly odd, I didn't expect it to play out this way but...I loved this episode! Oh my goodness, the soundtrack for this series! <3

It may also be I'm a drama lover, and, this episode made me love Toradora! even more. Minorin is so cute, and funny oh my goodness && I'm definately anticipated for the next episode, Taiga's expression to Ami and Ryuuji. It makes me smile at the idea of Taiga x Ryuuji, wehoo! I want more!

EDIT: PS: woaah! Thanks Chibuki for the link to your gifs! They are amazing <3

KitteniaNov 7, 2008 5:40 PM
Nov 7, 2008 6:57 PM

Oct 2007
Flibbertigibbet said:

I think the Inko's death will make Takasu realize who he truly loves, and that is Inko.

Nooooooo! Inko-chan can't die. I <3 Inko-chan. D:

In fact, we should make an Inko-chan fanclub >:D That would be pure win.
Nov 7, 2008 7:23 PM

Sep 2008
Noo! awesome end of episode....
Nov 7, 2008 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
This Anime is Epic.. Next episode can wait ^_^
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Nov 7, 2008 8:30 PM

Oct 2008
liked the ep it was good

Yay for having Ami become her true mean and rude self instead of hiding behind a mask people who hide behind masks like that are lame and boring also it was nice seeing her break that stalkers camera then hearing him cry about how hes not how he supposedly knew her...
Nov 7, 2008 8:51 PM
Oct 2007
I'm thinking of two love triangles - Taiga x Kitamura x Sumire and Ami x Ryuuji x Minorin. That would be interesting although I still vote for the Taiga x Ryuuji ending.
Nov 7, 2008 8:51 PM
Oct 2008
This is how all romance, comedy anime should be this has set the bar its fantastic, this episode was very ami related but you do get to learn why she cant show her true self and that even though she is dark she is still human with fears and shows a little jealousy to taiga cant wait for the next episode
Nov 7, 2008 9:30 PM

Jun 2007
AkariChan said:

Best part
3/5 episode
Nov 7, 2008 9:52 PM

Nov 2008
Ami confuses me still... maybe I just shouldn't watch this show with a migraine- but why does she put up a fake personality anyways??? I don't understand her reasoning at all yet.

And at first didn't she just want to "play" with Ryuuji to get to Taiga- but now she likes him for real knowing how sweet he is? Right?
Nov 7, 2008 10:39 PM

Jul 2008
YukiKumo said:
Ami confuses me still... maybe I just shouldn't watch this show with a migraine- but why does she put up a fake personality anyways??? I don't understand her reasoning at all yet.

And at first didn't she just want to "play" with Ryuuji to get to Taiga- but now she likes him for real knowing how sweet he is? Right?

Read my posts they will tell you more. In short in modeling agencies it is common to do that so you can earn yourself a place. Also sometimes Ami uses her fake personality to play with the hearts of others thus earning in the the end her own selfish interest.

Now we hope things can change.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 8, 2008 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
I LOVE THE TWIST IN THE END! i also like the fact that Taiga saw it, and soon I think Minori would too. Yeah, this episode kicks butt!

Nov 8, 2008 3:41 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
and now Taiga will realize she likes Ryuuji. yeah? yeah?
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 8, 2008 10:58 AM

Jun 2008
I liked the episode, wish we could have seen Taiga's reaction in the end, wonder if Ami really is being sincere this time.
Nov 8, 2008 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
AegisReborn said:
Flibbertigibbet said:

I think the Inko's death will make Takasu realize who he truly loves, and that is Inko.

I'd join. Anyone else?
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 8, 2008 3:00 PM

Dec 2007
That stalker got destroyed, twice. Was a pretty good episode got to see some more development with Ami, inevitably she's seeming slightly less like a bitch now.

#NBHNC
Nov 8, 2008 4:13 PM

Jul 2008
JadeMatrix said:
AegisReborn said:
Flibbertigibbet said:

I'd join. Anyone else?

Yeah ok........I feel bad for the parrot.

PeanutSteak said:
That stalker got destroyed, twice. Was a pretty good episode got to see some more development with Ami, inevitably she's seeming slightly less like a bitch now.

That's why she got a +1 point from me! :)
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 8, 2008 6:31 PM

Sep 2008
this episode was awsome
ami dual personality is grat ...and now will be all dark....(like miya miya)
the way taiga makes things i love it
the last reaccion was ..a mitery.belive that if minori wasn´t there taiga would have ran away
cant wait the next episode manga too

i love this anime like the oher tree girls
taiga shana louise nagi ever!!!!!!!

Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 8, 2008 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
HoaRy said:
Hahah, Ami in rampage mode - she could have done an appearance in Higurashi with that :D

That's what I was thinkin'!

This entire episode had me on the edge of my seat holding my stomach from all that laughter.

Nov 8, 2008 11:09 PM
Jun 2008
so glad that they decided to hav her show her real char. reckon i woulda dropped this anime if i had to see her fake crap for the rest of the series.
n uh ohh~ hes gona get killed.
Nov 9, 2008 12:22 AM

May 2008
massive lolz at the dumbass parrot, that just made the episode so much weirder
Nov 9, 2008 3:08 AM

Jul 2008
Really nice episode, especially the part where Ami went psycho. But I'm not really sure if Ami likes Ryuuji, maybe she's just teasing him.

Nov 9, 2008 7:08 AM

Feb 2008
I think this was probably the best episode so far. Ami's development was great, Takasu talking to Ami was awesome and Taiga and Minorin were there usual crazy selves. Kitamura has been boring so far, I hope they make him a real part of the main cast instead of the complete supporting character he is now.

9+ for this episode.
Nov 9, 2008 8:54 AM

Aug 2007
The best episode in the series so far, in my opinion, very good comedy and character development all around. Crazy Ami is craaazy, but also awesome, and I want more. Despite her being a completely minor character, I want more appearances by the Student Council President in the future, she's awesome.
Nov 9, 2008 9:34 AM
Jul 2008
am i the only person whos favorite character in this show is ryuuji? because it doesnt seem anybody shows ryuuji any love and btw why the hell is this anime classified as "ecchi", oh and about the episode it was pretty good but it was somewhat confusing, and i think ami is actually starting to really like ryuuji now i dont think its an act anymore so thats pretty interesting, cant wait till the next episode
Nov 9, 2008 10:27 AM

Jul 2008
angel999 said:
A) She is afraid of herself and her rage. She be one of those that blackouts when in such a frenzy. B) She actually has split personality with now Bi-polar since she seems lost or in a blackout and this episode just proves more. C) a certain dissociative problem is present. (after subs need to edit more of this).

She doesn't have any split personality, she know that she have a princess-like attitude and she think that she wouldn't be able to make any friend if she would show her true self to other people.
Seeing Aisaka having friend even tough she have a really harsh personnality made her realise that even if she show her true self a little more with the time she still will have friend by her side.
That why she gone berserk and pwned the camera dude.
Nov 9, 2008 12:28 PM

Jun 2007
Lol Minori and Taiga totally pwned Ami!
Nov 9, 2008 12:39 PM

Sep 2007
godanon said:
am i the only person whos favorite character in this show is ryuuji? because it doesnt seem anybody shows ryuuji any love and btw why the hell is this anime classified as "ecchi"

Ryuuji is great, but he gets overshadowed by the pure awesomeness that is Minorin.

As for ecchi... now that I think of it there hasn't been any so far. Guess it just seems like it would be that kind of show? :-P
Nov 9, 2008 12:43 PM

Jun 2007
ChiBuki said:
LOL TAIGA + MINORIN COMBO HELL YEAH!!!!!11!111!!!!

It turns out she's a pitiful one, having her life messed up due to being weak. It was complicated and kinda went on by itself, but I guess Ryuuji now understood what's going on and what's up with the fake personality "mask".

Real nice episode with drama, more on Ami's character. I love the Minorin's part here as I do Taiga. Alone they're awesome, together they're unstoppable!

GIF time~

are you watching 1080p episodes of toradora? because i holy shit'd at that big gif of taiga holding ami's head.

LOL at big wall of text in illifin's blog about notes..... this really is a cursed project xD
the episode was definitely epic. toradora is getting better and better, and ami = <3
lol @ minorin and taiga combo on ami. i had a wtf expression the whole time until i finally brang myself together to understand what just happened xD
ami is cute when she was being afraid of the stalker. i can't believe taiga got mad at ami for holding takasu's arm... make up your mind, kitamura, or takasu's attention xD
at least this did not go cliche, and ami went to taiga's place instead of ryuuji's.
poor ami... taiga went into devil monster mode with her xD
Michael Jackson riding a bus... i lol'd
Ami is cute when she wants to be.... :D
i loved it when ami started to misunderstand and minorin was just whistling xD
Taiga is a bad friend..... nevertheless, tsundereness is moe, so i accept her.
comparing each other to thrash... they are really on the same level...
i loved it when ami showed herself because of the mud and the frog xD
and finally, ryuuji lets ami know that he knows of her true colors.... but she is still cute to me
lol, poor stalker..... if only he knew how bad he would get beaten....
and ami.... finally realizes that being followed by a stalker can be overcome by showing her true self.... xD
Ami's real smile... YAY... scary though
ami is fast...
and her destroying the camera reminded me of higurashi so much xD
but she is still so loveable... i am glad that takasu is actually a good friend.
and her deredere mode appears when she is alone with takasu.... at least we all know she isn't putting on a facade anymore
why was taiga so surprised at ami being so close to takasu?
and lol @ inko.... he looked so wrong xD
next episode seems good. more ami <3
overall great episode.
i wish for more ami next epi. ryuuji x ami is actually a pretty good pairing.

gotta love these
Nov 9, 2008 12:46 PM
Dec 2007
Ami "Sonozaki" Kawashima was amazing ;) Contrary to some of you here, I think that Toradora is still perfectly directed and that makes half of its quality for now, the other half being mainly its characters. That's one of the very few animes of the syle with such a distinct atmosphere and real quality writing and execution, and which is NOT generic. Even if the situations and themes are not particularly original, they're well put on the screen and that's why I enjoy watching it a lot. This show has a real heart and that makes the difference with 90% of the romantic comedy anime (who said Kannagi, the absolutely generic "seen 10000 times" show? ;p).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 9, 2008 2:36 PM

Jul 2008
maxime1007 said:
angel999 said:
A) She is afraid of herself and her rage. She be one of those that blackouts when in such a frenzy. B) She actually has split personality with now Bi-polar since she seems lost or in a blackout and this episode just proves more. C) a certain dissociative problem is present. (after subs need to edit more of this).

She doesn't have any split personality, she know that she have a princess-like attitude and she think that she wouldn't be able to make any friend if she would show her true self to other people.
Seeing Aisaka having friend even tough she have a really harsh personnality made her realise that even if she show her true self a little more with the time she still will have friend by her side.
That why she gone berserk and pwned the camera dude.

Perhaps but there is psychologically something wrong with her. Her emotional reactions are really abnormal and she said herself that the Stalker messed up her life so much as to quite in the modeling for a while.

That is some serious psychological shock and I heard some of these things from Seiyus (anime voice actors) they got mind fucked by some crazy fan and stopped for some time.
Nov 9, 2008 4:33 PM

Feb 2008
Ami-chan was great at the end.
Now I'm starting to like her. lol
Nov 9, 2008 4:52 PM

Jan 2007
that attack on Ami by Minori at the beggining was awesome. Loved her look then.
Nov 9, 2008 6:03 PM

Jun 2007
I can tell I'm really starting to get into a series when I am anticipating each episode. This is the case with 'Toradora!'. The characters are quite well set out and the story is light and moving along quite nicely. Can't wait for the next episode!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Nov 9, 2008 6:51 PM

Aug 2008
angel999 said:

Alsways long insights ^^

This anime just got way more ineteresting for me. Not that it wasn't already in the first place.
Ami's now my 2nd fav character, Taiga's klutziness and loliness earning her 1st.
I look forward to more from this anime! xD
Nov 9, 2008 7:09 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was great, looking forward to see how this might interfere with taiga-takasu relationship
Nov 9, 2008 10:45 PM

Aug 2008
with each passing episode that worsened even more ... I'm almost giving up ...
Nov 9, 2008 11:32 PM

Dec 2006
I finally have taken a liking to Aisaka! Yeah! Beat the crap out of that stalker!

Taiga also shows more of her cute self =)

But real confusing, does Ami like Ryuu or not!? Another love traingel i guess....... =D

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Nov 9, 2008 11:38 PM

Dec 2006
Th
thyyg said:
with each passing episode that worsened even more ... I'm almost giving up ...

If not why did u bother watching 6 episodes? It tells otherwise

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Nov 10, 2008 2:48 AM

Sep 2008
Heh, this show is moving nicely, Diet Attack FTW.

Ami looks to become the sort to be really snobby around everyone except Ryuuji and especially antagonistic towards Taiga.

Nov 10, 2008 3:54 AM

Feb 2008
I'm getting used to Taiga now so I'm starting to enjoy this a bit more. Also, I don't hate Ami now that she has somewhat of a reason to act like a brat.
Nov 10, 2008 10:13 AM

Mar 2008
Wowowowo! This episode was so great! Honestly. This show is without a doubt a great pick. Can hardly wait for ep 7, though it seems next episode is more generic.

I am also really starting to like Ami. So far I would be in for a RxA pairing, too. But who knows if there is even a pairing end. Most of these romance comedy anime don't bother with a real romance ending.
But those two are so meant for each other. Two people with the "evil look"! XD
ForeverNov 10, 2008 10:22 AM
Nov 10, 2008 12:59 PM

Aug 2008
Very cool! That scene final of the Taiga taking the two! Very Good!
Nov 10, 2008 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
*sniff sniff*..... does anyone else smell it? .... *sniff*.... this distinctive fragrance of...

HAREM ANIME!! *IIIICK* :P

Nevertheless, 5/5 for this episode due to pure awesomeness. ^^

Nov 10, 2008 2:39 PM

Jul 2008
FTGT said:
*sniff sniff*..... does anyone else smell it? .... *sniff*.... this distinctive fragrance of...

HAREM ANIME!! *IIIICK* :P

Nevertheless, 5/5 for this episode due to pure awesomeness. ^^

Im kinda picking up the scent.

The series is looking better to me, I enjoyed this episode a lot.
Nov 10, 2008 2:47 PM

Jul 2008
I wanna kill Ami e____é
Nov 10, 2008 2:54 PM

May 2007
FaUKING
キタ ━━(゚∀゚)━━ !!!!!

I really can't belive it!
This two episodes there were friggin awesome.
The best ones in the whole series by far.

I might sound incoherent by liking an show which is taking a turn into harem, but this is getting just plain awesome.

I might as well be considered as a stupid guy, but Amy x Ryuuji seems an great couple. lol

Stomachbutterfly said:
godanon said:
am i the only person whos favorite character in this show is ryuuji? because it doesnt seem anybody shows ryuuji any love and btw why the hell is this anime classified as "ecchi", oh and about the episode it was pretty good but it was somewhat confusing, and i think ami is actually starting to really like ryuuji now i dont think its an act anymore so thats pretty interesting, cant wait till the next episode

Defiantly not~ Ryuuji is my favorite XD. He's actually one of my favorite lead male characters :nod nod:
Indeed. I think that he is actually, one of the best male leads out there. No, rly, he has some realistic personality traits. (Taking aside the acceptance of taiga's random beating.)

Forever said:
(1.)I am also really starting to like Ami. So far I would be in for a RxA pairing, too. (2.)But who knows if there is even a pairing end. Most of these romance comedy anime don't bother with a real romance ending.
(1.) Hell Yeah
(2.) Saddly enough. Well, if it ends like that, we can always check the manga later.
Though i'm pretty sure we all know how the manga is going to end. Don't we?

oh, one more thing, Taiga is finnaly turning into a better character.
I'm pretty sure we still get her bitch side, but thats some price to pay for this anime.
At first, i really liked her, then i started hating her, now i'm just meh.
As for Ami, i was like WTF? then Fuk Yeah! Then lol (Girls like that are scary.) Then FUK YEAH! And at the stalker beating i was just like GARRRRRRRRR GAOOO
Just awesome!

(I never posted a reply like this since Tengen Toppa)

(Jeez, i already edited this 9 times already... Thats what i get for trying to writte a post while euphoric. omg, i didn't even knew that i knew this word)
RyushiNov 10, 2008 3:13 PM
Nov 10, 2008 3:20 PM

Sep 2007
Yay the story is finally starting to get interesting!
Cant wait for Taigas reaction and more of Amis true self D:

Nov 10, 2008 4:03 PM

Nov 2007
The airhead/crazy bitch personality split is always fun :D This episode made me like Ami slightly more, and Minorin is growing on me. Taiga's still my favorite. Though ... that makes me wish that the guys were slightly more interesting. They're nice and all, but ... so far, we haven't seen much else to them.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 10, 2008 4:12 PM

Sep 2007
Minorin is still my favorite but Taiga is ever so slowly growing on me...when she's not spouting Louise-like sentences D:
Nov 10, 2008 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
I loved when Taiga said,

or something along those lines. xD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.