Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 4, 2012 4:04 AM

Apr 2009
Burningsirius said:
Though your name makes me fearful that you will steal my face and my life.
You're a guy, so don't worry. At the very least, your hands are safe.
Nov 4, 2012 7:18 AM

Apr 2008
Lol, I'm not like Kira Yoshikage.
Nov 4, 2012 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
HOW MANY BREADS HAVE YOU EATEN IN YOUR LIFE??
Dio is one of the best Villains eva
5\5 this week despite all the blabering ,nonlogic,cheesy stuff. :D
Nov 4, 2012 8:41 AM

Apr 2008
phnsr said:

The knights....inspiration for a similar combi in Yu Yu Hakusho? Nice.

No, again and again. YuYu Hakusho exist most later that Jojo. Togashi is too much inspired by Araki and there are so many details that you can noticed. You'll see more when there will be Stand in Jojo.

ssjathena said:
HOW MANY BREADS HAVE YOU EATEN IN YOUR LIFE??
Dio is one of the best Villains eva
55 this week despite all the blabering ,nonlogic,cheesy stuff. :D

With Kira Yoshikage(Jojo part 4 Diamon is Unbreakable) and Griffith(Berserk)
Nov 4, 2012 9:17 AM

May 2011
Comparing Toriko to Jojo is stupid because 1. Both are great mangas and 2. Even though they ooze manliness, both are VERY different.
Nov 4, 2012 9:32 AM
Oct 2012
leokiko said:
Comparing Toriko to Jojo is stupid because 1. Both are great mangas and 2. Even though they ooze manliness, both are VERY different.

I would say that it is stupid because Jojo started in 1987 and Toriko started twenty one years later in 2008. Of course there is influence, Shimbukuro sensei had to have read Araki sensei in Jump growing up, but as you pointed out, so what? All modern Fantasy has been influenced by Tolkien because everyone who writes Fantasy probably read Tolkien as a kid, that there is influence means nothing, those who want to make such connections need to show why it matters.

Though I have enjoyed reading people who think Jojo was influenced by Toriko. Historical continuity is an acquired, not an innate skill :-)
Nov 4, 2012 11:04 AM
Apr 2012
KiraYoshikage said:
Diamond is Unbreakable

Don't you mean Diamond is not Crash?
Nov 4, 2012 11:09 AM

Apr 2009
fdsfgs said:
KiraYoshikage said:
Diamond is Unbreakable

The official name for Part 4 still bugs me.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 4, 2012 11:13 AM

Dec 2011
KiraYoshikage said:
phnsr said:

The knights....inspiration for a similar combi in Yu Yu Hakusho? Nice.

No, again and again. YuYu Hakusho exist most later that Jojo. Togashi is too much inspired by Araki and there are so many details that you can noticed. You'll see more when there will be Stand in Jojo.

Did you even read that? I assume (based on this post) that English isn't your first language, but come on, it's a really simple sentence. Now, look at it again - I state that JoJo's knights were the inspiration for the brothers in Yu Yu Hakusho. Please don't box me in with the chronologically-confused.
Nov 4, 2012 11:23 AM

Dec 2006
Candor said:
This episode made me remember this video for some reason:

This is how all dubs sound to me.
リスト 。。

Nov 4, 2012 11:26 AM

Apr 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
fdsfgs said:
KiraYoshikage said:
Diamond is Unbreakable

The official name for Part 4 still bugs me.

I think the English version is Unbreakable and the other is the name of the version in Jap

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Is_Not_Crash
Nov 4, 2012 1:04 PM

Jul 2010
i really love how dedicated the voice actors are to their roles, zeppeli sounds a little different than how i pictured while reading part 1 but i warmed up to it--his voice really fits well!! plus everyone is just as dramatic and excited as the manga depicted it :D
Nov 4, 2012 5:27 PM

Jun 2011
As Jojo writhers in his death throes inspiration flashes before his eyes.
JoooJoooooo!!!
Nov 4, 2012 5:42 PM
Oct 2010
The writing in this show is absolutely hilarious, whether that's intended or not is irrelevant to me, how over the top the lines are and how the VAs get into it is just awesome.
Nov 4, 2012 6:00 PM

Oct 2011
This was amazing
Nov 4, 2012 6:24 PM

Apr 2009
Roundabout by YES - now in classic 8-bit goodness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7IunF4nn0M&feature=plcp
Nov 4, 2012 9:58 PM

Jul 2011
skudoops said:
The writing in this show is absolutely hilarious, whether that's intended or not is irrelevant to me, how over the top the lines are and how the VAs get into it is just awesome.

Ditto. I'm really enjoying the cheesiness although i'm not sure how much creative liberties GG is taking with their translation has to do with that. it adds another element to the anime. Kind of reminds me of the old batman show and super friends cartoon.

Its crazy despite the minimal choreographic animation its using for the most part, I find the fight scenes to be very well done. I guess that is what good directing and art will get you. The battles are more engaging than alot of anime in the same ilk.
Nov 4, 2012 11:41 PM

May 2012
Kira said:
Candor said:
This episode made me remember this video for some reason:

This is how all dubs sound to me.

Hahaha, no kidding, Its beyond me those US fans that actually say they like them, BIG LOL!!!

Truth to be said some are good, I can count them with the fingers of one hand but some good yes.

Anyway GREAT episode, I like how we seem to be going back the the ROOTS! of anime, we need to go back to more older series to remember and wake up from this era...

ImagineThat said:
skudoops said:

Ditto. I'm really enjoying the cheesiness although i'm not sure how much creative liberties GG is taking with their translation has to do with that.

Who the hell watched GG??? LOL, any sane person watched Nutbladder! Even more if one cannot understand enough Japanese to tell the difference.
Nov 4, 2012 11:50 PM

Jan 2011
This was amazing, I love the battles in this so much.
And that dialog, badass.
The story about the knights was done really well and the preview made me even more excited.
I can't wait for more!
skudoops said:

ImagineThat said:
Its crazy despite the minimal choreographic animation its using for the most part, I find the fight scenes to be very well done. I guess that is what good directing and art will get you. The battles are more engaging than alot of anime in the same ilk.

Exactly my thoughts.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 5, 2012 9:35 AM
Sep 2012
This show is ridiculously BAD.
I wonder have I ever watched a series which made me constantly want to drop like JoJo.

TOO MUCH trash talks when battling, it hurts my ears, so much. The fighting looked so dumb and silly. It's like a battle of talking garbage instead of action sequences. Well I guess it's an old school ani for ya.

But I won't drop cause I watch for the sake of completion and for critism.

Nidhoeggr said:

I dropped the discussion on that matter in episode 4. It' spretty obvious that I'm still watching it and I said more than enough times that I watch it for completions sake. Wouldn't criticism be ridiculous if I wouldn't watch the show at hand?

I'm gonna love this dude, cause he understands why he can watch something he doesn't like and he inspired me.

LunaNov 7, 2012 12:27 PM
Nov 5, 2012 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
This show is getting better and better.
Nov 5, 2012 2:28 PM

Aug 2008
This show is pure shounen gold.
Nov 5, 2012 2:37 PM

Jun 2012
This show has so many one liners its awesome

"Urreeyyyy!" "HOW MANY BREADS HAVE YOU EATEN!?" "DIO"

First just gotta say the music in this episode was awesome and swelled up the emotions it was trying to conjure at points in the story. The backstory about the knights was a little cliche but it gets a pass since this manga came out before anything else today. Speedwagon was boss this episode with him heating up Zeppeli's abs with his stomach.

Edit: Read a review of this episode today and someone said that the fights in this show are like pro wrestling with the commentary it adds and it totally does. In this episode Speedwagon constantly yelling what is going on is just like a narrator during a WWE match which I just find hillarious yet cool at the same time
HybridMBLNov 5, 2012 5:15 PM
Nov 5, 2012 3:06 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't realize that Tarkus looked like Raoh that much.

Fine episode, it served its purpose as a set-up for the next fights.
Nov 5, 2012 7:03 PM

Mar 2008
It's a shame Araki drops Hamon later on. It's pretty interesting. Censorship wasn't that bad in this ep.
Nov 6, 2012 10:46 AM

Oct 2012
phnsr said:
JoJo (was a man who thought he was a loneeeer....oh wait, wrong one) looks like Kenshiro in the OP, but kinda goofy in the series (dat cap). I suppose OP is showing 'things to come'.

Well, that's good. Stick around, the best is still yet to come. ^__^
Nov 6, 2012 7:44 PM

Jul 2011
hahahahah "how many loaves of bread have you eaten in your life?" wow this show is just too much haha
Nov 7, 2012 9:37 AM
Jan 2010
the bread comment makes total sense in the context, no need to spam it around the whole internet like a bunch of retards.
HEY BABY was the real highlight of this episode.
Nov 7, 2012 9:53 AM
Jul 2012
azbc1209 said:
This show is ridiculously BAD.
I wonder have I ever watched a series which made me constantly want to drop like JoJo.

TOO MUCH trash talks when battling, it hurts my ears, so much. The fighting looked so dumb and silly. It's like a battle of talking garbage instead of action sequences. Well I guess it's an old school ani for ya.

Nidhoeggr said:

I dropped the discussion on that matter in episode 4. It' spretty obvious that I'm still watching it and I said more than enough times that I watch it for completions sake. Wouldn't criticism be ridiculous if I wouldn't watch the show at hand?

I'm gonna love this dude, cause he understands why he can watch something he doesn't like and he inspired me.

All the fabulous poses in this series is one of the things that makes it so awesome.

JoJo is loved because it's so entirely ridiculous and silly, if it truly was so bad, i don't think it could've lasted for 25 years....

Mod Edit: Removed part of the quote.
LunaNov 7, 2012 12:31 PM
Nov 8, 2012 11:43 AM
Jul 2009
When I saw Dio I just "fuck they're screwed". Later on this action, techniques and big 2 vampires just blew my mind.
Someone did a good job replacing "I loved it" with bread thing- this ep was just over 9000!
xxx
Nov 9, 2012 3:53 PM

Mar 2009
WTF @ that scene with Zeppeli and Speedwagon! Did he really just do that? XD

I couldn't help but laugh.
Nov 10, 2012 4:39 AM

Aug 2011
Holy crap, talking about over the top action. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure got weird after the introduction of Ripple energy...
Nov 10, 2012 4:53 AM

Sep 2011
LordStraw said:
Holy crap, talking about over the top action. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure got weird after the introduction of Ripple energy...

You mean it got... bizarre?
Nov 10, 2012 5:46 AM

Aug 2011
Kuhle said:
LordStraw said:

You mean it got... bizarre?

Ha! Nice one.
Nov 10, 2012 6:23 AM

Apr 2009
I wonder what the anime-only viewers will think of later parts...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 15, 2012 11:32 PM
Apr 2012
>[DUWANG]_Jojos_Bizarre_Adventure_-_05[240p].wmv
GLORIOUS
Nov 17, 2012 5:58 AM

Apr 2011
HOW MANY BREADS HAVE YOU EATEN IN YOUR LIFE?!

I'll never forget this.

I'm officially in love with this show.
Nov 18, 2012 4:06 AM
Jan 2012
The soundtrack was sooo gorgeous when Zeppeli was confronting Dio.
And when he walked on the water? <3

Zeppeli is so awesome :c

and... HOW MANY BREADS HAVE YOU EATEN IN YOUR LIFE?! Dio was so epic in this episode!
I've read this arc on the manga already, but this show still doesn't cease to amaze me.
Nov 24, 2012 6:19 AM

Aug 2011
Epiiiiic. The music, the twists, I love how urgent everyone sounds. DIIIIOOOOOO! It's bloody brilliant.
Dec 15, 2012 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
Lol this anime feels more like a comedy that an action series at times. Those silly description of everything and those OVER-GAR expressions along with JoJo's silly outfit and silly little hat.

fluffybunnyboy said:

OH, and I had no idea that Speedwagon's body could be used a grill! xD

Maybe he should be called as Grillman instead of Speedwagon.
Dec 26, 2012 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, it had to end in a cliffhanger. BLUE DRIVEEEE
Feb 18, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
As interesting as ever
Apr 21, 2013 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
what an intersesting series. I remember I read the 1st volume of jojo bizarre in freshman year.
Apr 22, 2013 5:56 AM

Sep 2008
Dat cliffhanger. So glad I'm picking this up after it finished airing.
Jun 2, 2013 3:08 PM

Dec 2008
DIOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 14, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2012
Damn this is so epic, especially how they end the episode with such an epic cliffhanger! Well lets see how they'll manage to end this in the next episode!
Jan 21, 2014 7:33 PM

Feb 2011
Most people would swim towards the surface, but Jojo isn't most people, and that's one of the things I enjoy the most about the series, carry on to episode 6!
Mar 10, 2014 8:55 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my god, that was an amazing retort :

''HOW MANY LIFE HAVE YOU SUCKED TO HEAL THOSE WOUNDS?!?''

''DO YOU REMEMBER HOW MANY BREADS YOU HAVE EATEN IN YOUR LIFE?''

DIIIIIOOOOOOOO is such a badass :P

That awful pun Bruford made was hilarious too : ''My powerful technic, Machabhair!!''

JoJo getting is arm frostened is no big deal, just FIRE UP YOUR FUCKING ARM!!!!
And Speedwagon heating an arm with his chest, this anime is so ridiculous xD
minouneetzoeMar 10, 2014 9:00 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 14, 2014 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
"HOW MANY BREADS HAVE YOU EATEN IN YOUR LIFE?"

Zeppeli is pretty awesome "HEY BABY" .

smart thinking of Jonathan swimming underwater to find an airpocket.

Speedwagon was useful with healing Zeppeli's frozen arm with his chest. AND THAT ONE GUY SWINGS A SWORD WITH HIS HAIR. i can't even comprehend how awesome this show is.
Mar 26, 2014 1:15 AM

Mar 2014
Okay, this is getting more and more rediculous with each episode...
I mean, heating up an arm with your abs... swinging a sword with your hair... swimming down deeper when you're drowning?
Not sure I can handle much more of this silliness.

I like the new abridged version of Roundabout for the ending, though... it seems to work better with the credits than the previous version.
::End of Transmission::

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Today, 12:14 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

209 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 9:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Nov 9, 2012

179 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 23, 12:28 AM

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

31 by eli_shmeli »»
Apr 22, 12:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.