Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 10, 2012 8:44 PM

May 2012
rederoin said:

lightXTC said:

1. They look too much like panties to not be panties.

Its an ecchi anime, what do you expect?

2. World War II planes don't have magical shields. Since the girls can produce these, I don't see why they can't produce magical attacks either.

Did you even watch the movie? Did you miss the scene where erica 'punched' that allien? or where erica and perrina used an combined magical attack?

3. I care about why the enemy is there. The terrible plot does at least need some kind of depth to it.

>watching strike witches for the plot

rederoin said:

I'm not going to bother watching 24-36+ episodes just to watch a movie, let alone a terrible one at that. Besides, I understood what was happening and going on in the movie clearly enough to know that it was crap.

Thats not really an excuse, you would have been better of not watching the movie at all.
Any other person who dislikes these kind of anime and still wants to try it out for whatever reason would just have watched the first few eps of the S1, realized it didn't suit his tastes and dropped it.
But then again, I see you also watched the k-on! movie without watching the prequels.. There is no point in explaining this.

1. My point was directed at that other person over whether those were panties or not.
2. Fair enough, there were a few instances where magic was used offensively. For the most part however, they were using guns to take down the enemies, which I rather disliked as it totally takes away from the "witch" aspect that these girls are supposed to be.
3. I care about plots in anime, with the exception of slapstick comedies that generally don't have one.
4. I was bored one night and noticed a certain group had released this movie and I tried it out for lols. That was all there was to it, I didn't care about the prequels or whatever. Still, the movie had a simplistic enough plot and characters for me to understand perfectly what was going on even though I didn't watch the prequels.

symbv said:
lightXTC said:

1. They look too much like panties to not be panties.
2. World War II planes don't have magical shields. Since the girls can produce these, I don't see why they can't produce magical attacks either.
3. I care about why the enemy is there. The terrible plot does at least need some kind of depth to it.
4. Sure the deux ex machina ending was expected, but I'd prefer something a little more believable.

1. Well, a panty-looking outfit that is not a panty is different from panties. Your subjective perception is one thing, but stop calling it panties just because you insist they are panties.
2. And now you want to do the setting work for the world as well, why must they produce magical attacks when they can produce magical shields? At least for the gun attacks part there is explanation from character design point of view.
3. Again what you care does not mean what most of the fans care.
4. Fair enough. I am not saying the ending is very believable, but it does not bother me much either.

1. I call them as a I see them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees them as panties.
2. See my response to that other person above.
3. I'm not going to argue about my tastes vs. what the Strike Witch fan base likes and whatnot. There are things I like in anime and a half decent plot with some dimension fits the bare minimum of what I'd like.

It's clear that our tastes in anime don't match at all so I'm not going to stay and argue pointlessly with you people any further. Enjoy your Strike Witches or whatever.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Nov 10, 2012 8:58 PM

Sep 2012
lightXTC said:
1. I call them as a I see them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees them as panties.
2. See my response to that other person above.
3. I'm not going to argue about my tastes vs. what the Strike Witch fan base likes and whatnot. There are things I like in anime and a half decent plot with some dimension fits the bare minimum of what I'd like.

It's clear that our tastes in anime don't match at all so I'm not going to stay and argue pointlessly with you people any further. Enjoy your Strike Witches or whatever.
1. Then it is just your personal opinion. Don't call it as if it is a fact established in the anime.
2. It is a witch+military mix that is the point of this anime. Just because you prefer the witch side does not mean the world setting has to go all the way to the witch side.
3. Again what constitutes "decent plot" is your personal opinion. And you are right, there is little need to argue about that as we clearly have different views of what makes a good and entertaining anime.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2012 9:00 PM

Sep 2011
The first Hour was completely meh IMO, but the last 30 minutes was nice more action, battleship neuroi and Miyafuji got her magic back :D!
Nov 11, 2012 7:21 AM
Jun 2011
I'm not gonna lie, I had a tough time not bursting out laughing at "Donald Eisenhower".
Nov 11, 2012 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
rederoin said:
I think its closer to lesbianlust. Feels more appropriate/fitting in the SW universe.

Considering all the cuddling Lynne and Yoshika did on the deck of that ship I'm impressed she didn't regain her magic right then and there XD.
Nov 11, 2012 5:30 PM

Oct 2009
lightXTC said:
2. Fair enough, there were a few instances where magic was used offensively. For the most part however, they were using guns to take down the enemies, which I rather disliked as it totally takes away from the "witch" aspect that these girls are supposed to be.
They use their magic to fly, they'd run out of it faster if they kept using it to attack.
Nov 11, 2012 6:59 PM

Oct 2012
This was just a great movie and just got way better at the end
Nov 12, 2012 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Well this sucks. There's a sequel.
Nov 12, 2012 8:00 PM

Dec 2007
Nice to see them panties again. :3

Can't wait for season 3.
Nov 12, 2012 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
This movie not only met my expectation, it surpassed it.

Miyafuji being a hero even without powers, check [X]
heart warming moments, check [X]
Lynne and Miyafuji yuri, check [X]
Perinne's comments on Miyafuji, check [X]
Legendary Unit 501 get back together for another mission, check [X]

Miyafuji take down a neuroi without her powers... HOLY....

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! MIYAFUJI!

WITH MAGIC POWER OR NOT, YOU'RE STILL A FUCKING HERO!

You don't fuck with a person who can make a face like that even when all odds are against him/her. The neuroi found that out the hard way... And it'll never have the chance to use that knowledge.

For Miyafuji, all lives are priceless.
Long as there's a person to save, regardless of possibility of success, or whether it'll put her own life in danger, Miyafuji will not hesitate to save them.

Miyafuji was a hero back in her unit-501 days
Miyafuji is still a hero even without her powers
Miyafuji, with her powers back, will always be a hero

O.o Sequel? Well... Not that I mind, but I think this movie could've been a perfect ending for a series like Strike Witches... I actually thought that Miyafuji wouldn't survive this movie and Strike Witches will officially end when Yoshika was shot...

But damn, Miyafuji surprised me again... Not an ending I desired, but with the fire-rescue and taking out a neuroi scene, I'm thoroughly satisfied with this movie..

EDIT: Thinking back, I first started watching Strike Witches for the fan-service... And stick around for the characters...

As crazy as this sound, Miyafuji have solidified her spot as my "Best Anime Female Hero". Yes, you heard me! A character from Strike Witches is now IMO, the best female hero I've seen in anime.
AirStylesNov 13, 2012 5:58 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2012 6:39 PM

Apr 2011
Damn, it took me a few days to fully get DL this because i downloaded the 1080p version and my net speed is slow as a turtle.

Still, it was worth it! I was hoping Yoshika will get her powers back, and she did! I think it's just too early for her to retire from flying.

Not only she got her powers back, the legendary 501st strike witches is back as well!

Awesome!
Nov 14, 2012 1:29 PM

Jul 2007
Shizuka is so cute ;3
Nov 15, 2012 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
I hope in the new season, Yoshika would be able to use the katana as well.
Nov 15, 2012 7:02 PM

Nov 2009
AirStyles said:
This movie not only met my expectation, it surpassed it.

Miyafuji being a hero even without powers, check [X]
heart warming moments, check [X]
Lynne and Miyafuji yuri, check [X]
Perinne's comments on Miyafuji, check [X]
Legendary Unit 501 get back together for another mission, check [X]

Miyafuji take down a neuroi without her powers... HOLY....

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! MIYAFUJI!

WITH MAGIC POWER OR NOT, YOU'RE STILL A FUCKING HERO!

THE SAME REACTION I HAD, I was really amazed at her determination to defeat the neuroi even though she lost her magic, and was so happy (tears of happiness) that she now has gotten back her humongous magic at the end XD
A very perfect sequel for the second season, and climax even if it is pretty cheesy LOL but i still approve (Y)

Wordsmith said:
danmess said:
Is it just me or were they focusing on panties a lot in this compared to the tv series? Well duh, this is a movie. Oh well, I don't mind the ecchiness for that's where the sales are coming from.

No, the TV series focused on the girls' crotch just as much (if not more)
Actually, compared to certain episodes of the TV series, the movie was kinda tame XD

In the anime was worse, i'm glad the movie had some restraint on that

Fnights said:
SW is a good franchise but i can't get at all why war is take so easy, also these witches (not only the 501st) are all immortals with an invincible shield? The enemy is just so weak that i'm wondering why is not yet completely annihilated.
Well it would be so different if someone like Gen Urobuchi make the plot next time. :D

Not immortals, their all only just veterans from their perspective countries brought together... and Yoshika Miyafuji (the MC) just had an abnormally large magic powers since she was born to creat big shields like that.. still learning to control it, she's just basically the witch with the most magic power by far

The enemy isn't weak, and their large in numbers especially surrounding the hive and would take alot of effort to bring it down, the shields depend on how much magic power the user has so it doesn't last forever, but it can be skilled or improved.....

and there are casualties you know, they are taking war seriously here (there were deaths, even from the strike witches's side)
Nov 17, 2012 2:01 AM

Feb 2008
Basically the movie serves as a reset to make way for what I assume to be more SW animu.

Utterly disappointed.
Nov 17, 2012 4:16 PM

Jan 2012
WHAT AN AMAZING MOVIE!
10/10

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After the first few minutes, I thought it was just going to be a fanservise filler with plenty of pantsu shots and not much action.
I was pleasantly surprised.

They somehow managed to deliver that impressive amount of fanservice with with no shortage of out-of-this-world action and a story that's nothing short of a true masterpiece in glorious FullHD!

Video: 10/10
Audio: 10/10
Plot: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10
Awesomeness: /10

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The "To Be Continued" at the end made my day. I always thought this series was too short, so I'm really looking forward to more Strike Witches!
I'm seriously anticipating this and I hope they get to it soon. I'm really so excited I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. (*cough* this morning)

This is the most successful, impressive, and truly awesome combination of three of my favourite things: Aviation, Weapons, and Anime.
(...seriously, flying lolis with big guns never gets old.)
After watching it, an aerobatics rating is definitely on my to-do list for the not-so-near future.

Nayah said:
Basically the movie serves as a reset to make way for what I assume to be more SW animu.
Utterly disappointed.
You must be a very miserable person to not be happy about that!
Nov 17, 2012 7:50 PM

Apr 2010
While a third season is likely, it might not be focused on the 501st. There are at least 8 JFWs and with 24 episodes and a movie that primarily focused on the 501st, the staff may decide to move on to explore more of the Strike Witches universe. I see the 504th (Red Pants and Takei) as a likely candidate because they appeared at the start and end of season 2, and the Red Pants got some focus in the movie as well.
Nov 18, 2012 6:39 AM

Aug 2008
Yoshika has become a freaking BOSS! I like her expressions and performances throughout this movie. So awesome.

Overall, I might not score this movie high, but it was very enjoyable.

About future of this franchise, I think the fourth setting will still be around the 501st. They even put Heidemarie in here. She may not look like it but actually holds the same rank as Mio. Sounds very likely to me that she will transfer in to fill Mio's position in the formation.
Nov 19, 2012 10:05 AM

Jun 2010
Really cool movie. I enjoyed the whole show. I remember Strike Witches being one of my first Anime, really nostalgic feeling. I wanna re-watch it. This movie reminded me why Trude is one of favorite characters :D

I actually want more, even though hundreds of pantsu shots is not really good. Legendary 501st Joint Fighter Wing ftw.
Nov 22, 2012 3:32 AM

May 2010
It was good but somehow I wish they did more
Nov 26, 2012 2:59 AM

Oct 2007
Shizuka a huge steaming pile of poo for most of the movie, almost dropped it. Movie got infinitely better when she finally shut up and Strike Witches returned.
Movie would've gotten 10/10 if she wasn't there.
Nov 28, 2012 2:19 PM

Mar 2011
Awesome stuff!

A great way to run the old team with everything I love about Strike Witches: WWII setting, guns, aircraft noises, cute girls and loads of panty shots.

Yup. A great Strike Witches outing.

More please!
Nov 29, 2012 8:37 AM

Sep 2009
Nayah said:
Utterly disappointed.

That's a funny way to say "Awesome! Can't wait for the new season!"
I didn't remember the series having this much delicious yuri. Despite it being rather cheesy at times I really liked this movie.
Dec 9, 2012 2:08 AM
Aug 2008

and there are casualties you know, they are taking war seriously here (there were deaths, even from the strike witches's side)

Um, Strike Witches is the name of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing and as far as I can tell they are all alive, at least in the formation introduced at first season. Am I missing something?

As for the movie.. Mio's appearance made me squee like a little girl. I'm quite a fangirl of hers, I kinda hope that with Yoshika getting her magic back would trigger a possibility of finding out on how to get back magic for over 20 yrs old users. And that that would still prove somewhat futile and get me a lot of screentime with Mio C:
Can someone spoil me the original manga whether she ever gets her magic back? D:
Dec 9, 2012 9:23 PM

Jun 2008
Nayah said:

Utterly disappointed.

And?

Strike Witches is nothing more than a fan service anime with a faux plot anyways.

Personally, I watch this show for the characters and Yuri-esque scenes.

The "plot" is just an excuse to have these girls running around only wearing their panties.

Anyways, more Strike Witches is GREATLY appreciated and I thought the movie did exactly what it was meant to do.

8/10
Dec 14, 2012 3:17 PM

Apr 2010
Shelling said:

Um, Strike Witches is the name of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing and as far as I can tell they are all alive, at least in the formation introduced at first season. Am I missing something?

As for the movie.. Mio's appearance made me squee like a little girl. I'm quite a fangirl of hers, I kinda hope that with Yoshika getting her magic back would trigger a possibility of finding out on how to get back magic for over 20 yrs old users. And that that would still prove somewhat futile and get me a lot of screentime with Mio C:
Can someone spoil me the original manga whether she ever gets her magic back? D:

The Strike Witches anime isn't an adaptation of any of the previous manga series. While there are light novels and manga series that take place within the Strike Witches universe, they focus on different time periods and different witches entirely. So none of the manga series give any insight about how a witch may regain her magic once it's been exhausted.
Dec 19, 2012 9:04 PM

Nov 2012
Akamitsu said:
I think it might end up with a third season. With the enemy pushing out of Karlsland in an attempt to reoccupy the surrounding area, the Witches might counter the offensive, and make a push back in to retake Karlsland. And since Miyafuji has her magic back in force I think we're likely to see more than just a movie or OVA.

Obviously, anyone who plans to see the third season-to-be HAS to see this movie or they're going to be VERY confused.

i agree completely. since the movie has done so well, they probably will make another season. They also might start doing stuff with the other fighter wings. It is possible that they do an OVA on a different fighter wing like the 504 or the Romagna witches (1st fighter wing) or the 502 or something.

danmess said:
Was just checking out if the subs were out. Then, wham! Couldn't resist not taking a look at it. End up watching it even though it was 4 in the morning.

Is it just me or were they focusing on panties a lot in this compared to the tv series? Well duh, this is a movie. Oh well, I don't mind the ecchiness for that's where the sales are coming from.

Not that I don't like Shizuka, but I don't know if her joining the 501st would be a great idea.

In any case, more! Yoshika's harem is growing.

I also agree with danmess, the only thing not wonderful about this movie was the fanservice. To me, it kinda ruined the movie. I shouldn't say ruined, because I still loved it, but still. It would have been alot better in my opinion if every 2 seconds there wasn't another girls panties as the focus of the screen. Besides that, amazing movie. I wonder if when the 501st restarted or re-whatever (forgot the word), that Heidemarie Schnaufer (one of the girls from the movie) joined. ???
Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!
Dec 23, 2012 8:51 PM

Aug 2012
OH SNAP, my heart skipped a beat when I read "to be continued!"

My body will never be ready enough for this great series haha. Even so, I'll gladly be waiting for more Strike Witches.
Dec 27, 2012 8:08 AM

Jan 2009
Outstanding movie! Looking forward for the next season or next movie!
Jan 1, 2013 3:09 PM

Aug 2011
It's great to see Miyafuki again, she's as much of a hero with and without her wings on. I don't really like Shizuka however, I thought she was very uptight until the very end, which made it difficult for me to accept her change of heart.

Loved seeing the 501s together and working as a team again. I was a little disappointed at the reason of Miyafuji's return of magical power and I was a little confused at why the Neuroi started transforming now. Maybe I missed that part. So the ending was very abrupt for me. It's a good thing then, that it's supposedly not all over yet.

Also, I know SW has a reasonable amount of fan service but in this movie, it felt like the girls were just shoving their pants in my face all the time. I'm definitely not saying that should be taken out completely but it was a little off-putting when there was a climactic battle.
Jan 3, 2013 10:34 PM
Aug 2012
Dang, this movie raised the bar yet again in the ecchi + actual developed plot genre. The ridiculous premise of the series (including the now notorious lack of pants) made it a struggle for me to get through s1 ep1. However, the charm and depth of the characters surprised and hooked me nonetheless. And now seeing Yoshika go completely Rambo on a neuroi without her powers like a total BAMF made me an eternal fan.

I was watching another anime the other day after finishing s1, and after the first female character walked on screen, I was like "What the heck is she wearing?!".............."Oh right, it's called a skirt."

Can't wait 'till s3 after vividred!!!
mikufan39Jan 18, 2013 8:36 PM
Jan 11, 2013 8:25 AM

Mar 2012
This movie is what cemented Yoshika at the top of my favourite female characters. Goddamn, she was a total badass in this movie
Jan 11, 2013 9:20 PM

Aug 2012
Great movie, I felt that this was the strong point in the whole series. Really hope they continue after Vividred Operation.
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(
Jan 24, 2013 3:59 PM

Apr 2010
"To be continued" at the end...YEAH! This is just getting started since we don't know much yet about the Neuroi randomly appearing. Overall, I enjoyed it until the end.
Jan 27, 2013 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
Wow what a great movie. Good to see theres gonna be a season 3, Its also good to see Miyafuki get her magic back from the ending of season 2.
Jan 30, 2013 10:07 PM
Jan 2012
I guess I'm more easily impressed compared to other more critical viewers of the movie. I enjoyed the movie for what it was. I liked how they toned down the "panty-shots," though it was only a little. Some of these girls, if not all except Mio Sakamoto are minors so I don't really get excited seeing their butts or groins. If they were all 18 or like Mio (20-21), then...it'd be a great deal more enjoyable ...^^' but enough of my personal preference.

Looks like a third season might actually come in? The first season was great, though Neuroi were still around by the end. The second was worse in plot, but still enjoyable. The movie I felt was the most enjoyable by far.

If anyone was confused upon watching the movie by itself, I feel that the prerequisite for the movie would be having to watch the first two seasons to understand the characters and how Miyafuji lost her powers/Mio being unable to wield magic. The plot is basic enough to understand what's going on as mentioned by another user above, but I still feel having watched the first two seasons would still help explain things a bit.

The new sergeant was understandable. I've seen similar situations pan out in other shows where one character is thrown-off by seeing a well-respected person act unlike what they were expecting. I'm glad she came to understand Miyafuji by the end.

The action was awesome this time around. Not as slow or drawn out I feel...compared to in the series. Miyafuji's badassery probably had made the battle more enjoyable! Maybe she can somehow restore Mio's power (^^' a bit of borrowing from Avatar: The Legend of Korra, which was surprisingly good).

Seeing the series take a new focus on other JFWs might be interesting. It could be like The Chronicles of Narnia's "The Horse and his Boy" where the expected main characters are side characters this time around, except appearing for major battles or something like that.

Glad to see the Yamato still floatin' XD.

Overall, I felt this movie deserves a 7/10 in my preference. It wasn't damn good, but it was good and a step above OK.
Feb 9, 2013 9:04 AM

May 2012
Nice movie, I really though the ending of the last season would be the end of the Neuroi but seems they've got some hidden after all. The pace was rather decent and the ending was quite nice, the moment she got her magic powers back was amazing and really fit in the story to make her fight one last time or at least or at least for now that is!

Great Movie I've enjoyed watching it and it seems like a decent ending for the series although there's always more room for expansion of the story as it was more or less an open ending!

Good series in general! 7/10
Apr 10, 2013 2:47 PM

Dec 2007
It was okay. It could've been better. I was expecting more action in the movie, but they only had one major fight. The other fights didn't have a lot of cool moves.
Apr 28, 2013 6:42 AM

Jan 2012
This movie was everything I could have hoped for in a Strike Witches movie and then some, makes me so ready for a third season I feel like I'm checking the web constantly for any news. The story was great, the action was great and everything was done really well, this is certainly one to buy on blue-ray.
May 25, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

A movie that I was not 100% convinced, not so much the designs that could be more refined, just to give the impression that you were watching a movie, but the least pleasant were the fights that had to show more malice and above a little more realism, I do not know but I seemed unreal to see from afar the Neuroi explode without seeing the protagonists shoot him before! Narration that I liked for many characters show up, but also a bit disappointed for not having the views in action or giving given little time. The characters Shizuka but most of all I liked Heidemarie for good characterization, Mention for Nikka-san, was too hilarious! XD Animations and military means well made. The pantsu are the highlight of the series, such as not to put them on top even in the movie!X°°D
Jun 29, 2013 1:03 PM

May 2010
i love it to the max really really awesome i looooooooooove it xD
this anime is what i loved :3

Yoshika is super bad ass, I thought without her power she's super cool when i see her kill the Neuroi alone but when she gained her magic power and see her flying again together with 501st Strike Witches I think she really need to fly kyaaaaa! :3 totally bad ass

Love 501st Strike Witches
meowskieJun 29, 2013 1:19 PM
Dec 28, 2013 6:13 PM

Feb 2013
I liked the action. The rest was, lacking.
Feb 11, 2014 11:11 AM

Mar 2013
wow this movie is very VERY bad. i nearly pity you poor otakus relying to a bunch of 12 year old girl butts to jerk off, you surly never will see a real woman in your entire life. And showing half naked 12 year old girls flying around and shooting spider cyber-robot things saying that was 1943 ( so WW2) is pretty offensive for the people who actually died in the second world war. But i bet if you like to watch such bullshit you dont even come close to the intellect that you would need to realize that.
Feb 21, 2014 9:43 PM

Oct 2012
Okay so the movie ended with a つづく.

Now give me SW S3 please! Need more Sanya and the rest of the 501st Strike Witches!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Mar 4, 2014 9:44 AM

May 2008
This movie is better than season 1&2.
Yoshika killed a Neuroi without magic = EPIC!
Apr 12, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2009
If Yoshika was able to fly again, why Mio can't do it too?

6/10
May 25, 2014 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
bittersweetlove said:
If Yoshika was able to fly again, why Mio can't do it too?

6/10

I've a theory that Yoshika's magic is rechargeable, so she's able to regain her power(since she's still 16). And for Mio, her power can't been regenerate anymore because she's too old for the witch standards..
May 31, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
That opening fight sequence was super intense and awesome to watch.

This movie did a fantastic job at showcasing just how great Miyafuji is. Even without magic, she was able to exemplify leadership and stayed determined. Especially loved seeing her take on the neuroi with nothing but a jeep and LMG. It was awesome to see the 501st come back together and I'm glad that it ended with them reforming as opposed to disbanding. Shizuka was a stickler for the rules but I hope to see her as an addition to the 501st should a sequel occur.

I think the biggest charm to this movie was how well I could connect to each character. The tv series did such a good job at making me intimate with each girl's behavior and personality that I couldn't fight back the smiles and laughs, such as when they drew the parallel between Shizuka and Barkhorn. I think that also helped lead into the most emotional moment of the movie for me - when Yoshika is wounded and everyone in the 501st is rushing over to her, calling her name.

9/10, I hope that "To be continued" is the real deal and I also look forward to the OVAs this year.
Aug 24, 2014 4:48 PM

Jun 2014
Oh man this movie COMPLETELY renewed my faith in Strike Witches. The second season was REALLY lacking, and this made up for that and then some.
I could have done without the screen filling ass shots at the end, kinda dragged the action down a little.
But still! I freaking loved it.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 31, 2014 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
The movie was basically more of the same, and that doesn't hurt (except the Neuroi i guess).

I only have two minor issues specifically to the movie (besides that the whole "no pants" idea while allowing for ridiculous amounts of fanservice (of minors..) is stupid):

The mentioned a hive in Nuremberg, but checked Ingolstadt. Given that Nuremberg is way bigger (and they actually had it on the map, unlike some other major cities) it's weird. Maybe the script changed in between or some animator messed up - the level of detail used for Europe is incredible for an anime, they can hardly keep that level of geographical knowledge up in the whole team, and it doesn't really matter anyways, at least not witihin in the movie.

The other thing is Yoshika's wound. Shizuka's hand was drenched in blood after only touching Yoshika's side for a short time. I don't mind the wound being healed and all, Yoshika is after all the witch with the best healing magic, and that outburst may simply have been enough to close it. But we didn't see even a single drop still on her shirt. Heck, it wasn't even damaged. So far, Yoshika did really "just" heal, and was not able to restore the state of objects.

Well, maybe they actually do want to make a point, would be a excellent setup for the next season. I do not really think so, but who knows? Anyways, only a minor issue in the first place.

Good thing i got another 8989 episodes to keep me entertained until season three airs..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» "To Be Continued" At the end of the film?

Shishimai - Mar 24, 2012

35 by LemonTea387 »»
Aug 16, 2016 8:31 AM

» Fansub Group?

nenebest - Oct 29, 2012

11 by InfiniteZenith »»
Nov 8, 2012 5:10 PM

» Trailer

arsonal - Feb 8, 2012

11 by AirStyles »»
Aug 22, 2012 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.