Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 11:32 AM

Aug 2012
I forgot to mention that the OP is fucking amazing.
Oct 6, 2012 11:44 AM

Sep 2010
It's not that bad -___-
the animation is cute and I don't really mind about the OST and music
Let's see how it's progress
Oct 6, 2012 11:44 AM

Jun 2012
Shit I completely forgot about this
Oct 6, 2012 11:49 AM

Jun 2007
Looks like any nicer anime that's come out any other season in terms of animation and art standards. It's not the most beautiful looking thing in the world but (1) it looks like the source material and (2) it looks MUCH better than a lot of stuff you see coming out every season even with all its flaws.

As for recycling voices and music, this isn't "recycling" it's keeping it authentic to the source - the SAME EXACT THING KYOANI HAS DONE FOR EVERY SINGLE ADAPTATION OF A VISUAL NOVEL THEY HAVE EVER MADE. And why has KyoAni, and hell even Toei if I recall, always used the same voices and music as the source? Because, it's what the already solid fanbase wants. But oh, when KyoAni does that it's fantastic, but when JC Staff does it's lazy and cheap? You guys are retarded.

If they changed the majority of these voices or music the VN fans would have gone insane about it even more than they did over JC staff animating it. Hell, half the conversations prior to airing were about how "they better keep the original OST" "they better not change the voices" and so on.
Oct 6, 2012 11:55 AM

Dec 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
Looks like any nicer anime that's come out any other season in terms of animation and art standards. It's not the most beautiful looking thing in the world but (1) it looks like the source material and (2) it looks MUCH better than a lot of stuff you see coming out every season even with all its flaws.

As for recycling voices and music, this isn't "recycling" it's keeping it authentic to the source - the SAME EXACT THING KYOANI HAS DONE FOR EVERY SINGLE ADAPTATION OF A VISUAL NOVEL THEY HAVE EVER MADE. And why has KyoAni, and hell even Toei if I recall, always used the same voices and music as the source? Because, it's what the already solid fanbase wants. But oh, when KyoAni does that it's fantastic, but when JC Staff does it's lazy and cheap? You guys are retarded.

If they changed the majority of these voices or music the VN fans would have gone insane about it even more than they did over JC staff animating it. Hell, half the conversations prior to airing were about how "they better keep the original OST" "they better not change the voices" and so on.

You know it's not ok for you to call people retarded.

Anyway where are Mitch and Leon. Along with me they are the biggest LB fans here...
Oct 6, 2012 11:57 AM

Jun 2007
akutasame94 said:

Anyway where are Mich and Leon. Along with me they are the biggest LB fans here...

It's okay for me to call people whatever the hell I want as long as I'm not directly insulting any specific individuals or just saying it to say it, but this is necessary to expand on my point. The ideas they are holding are retarded, and it needed to be said to expand on my point. As for who it is, I don't even know, I just saw the text, I don't really care who says what - if they say something retarded they are being retarded.

Good on you for providing a great counter point though, claiming you're the biggest fan of something and complaining I used a word you don't like. Great addition to the discussion. Oh man, Little Busters is going to have the worst fanbase of the season it seems. No surprise, it's sad though given what a great VN it is. Already can't stand it and already having to hide the thread. I guess this is what KyoAni did to Key adaptations.
Oct 6, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
akutasame94 said:

Anyway where are Mich and Leon. Along with me they are the biggest LB fans here...

It's okay for me to call people whatever the hell I want as long as I'm not directly insulting any specific individuals or just saying it to say it, but this is necessary to expand on my point. The ideas they are holding are retarded, and it needed to be said to expand on my point. As for who it is, I don't even know, I just saw the text, I don't really care who says what - if they say something retarded they are being retarded.

Good on you for providing a great counter point though, claiming you're the biggest fan of something and complaining I used a word you don't like. Great addition to the discussion. Oh man, Little Busters is going to have the worst fanbase of the season it seems. No surprise, it's sad though given what a great VN it is. Already can't stand it and already having to hide the thread. I guess this is what KyoAni did to Key adaptations.

Bro, take a chill pill.

The vast majority of this thread is people who enjoy it so far, stop cherry picking the comments you dislike so you can claim that the community will be bad.

Only like 4-5~ people so far have commented about reusing the soundtrack and voice cast being a bad thing.
Oct 6, 2012 12:08 PM

May 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
akutasame94 said:

I agree as well, some of the comments in this thread have been a sheer disappointment. I was half expecting things to turn out this way though. I think the greatest flaw in many of these arguments is that they are making too much of a comparison to how KyoAni would have animated this and are frustrated with seeing J.C.'s style in this anime. I honestly think J.C. is doing really well animation wise, it may not come close to how great KyoAni would've made it in terms of art, but you also gotta really think about their budget vs. J.C.'s budget. I am glad that there are still VN fans out there that are enjoying this adaption at least, this anime is pretty meeting my expectations very well. Should be really awesome once it finishes the common route.
Oct 6, 2012 12:08 PM

Dec 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
akutasame94 said:

Yeah I like saying that I am the biggest fan. It doesn't have to be true as it is not measurable so we can't know. I did not complain at all, it is simply not polite going around and calling people retarded because that way you are only proving that you are retarded. People are entitled to their own opinion, and if you want to discuss then do it politely. And one question, what makes you good fan of something? How are you any better?
Oct 6, 2012 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
kenshin_sama said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
akutasame94 said:

I agree as well, some of the comments in this thread have been a sheer disappointment. I was half expecting things to turn out this way though. I think the greatest flaw in many of these arguments is that they are making too much of a comparison to how KyoAni would have animated this and are frustrated with seeing J.C.'s style in this anime. I honestly think J.C. is doing really well animation wise, it may not come close to how great KyoAni would've made it in terms of art, but you also gotta really think about their budget vs. J.C.'s budget. I am glad that there are still VN fans out there that are enjoying this adaption at least, this anime is pretty meeting my expectations very well. Should be really awesome once it finishes the common route.

Why wouldn't VN fan enjoy this adaptation. So far it is good. Even if everything bad that was listed here was true it would still be decent.
Oct 6, 2012 12:17 PM

Aug 2011
Words can't describe how happy I am right now, great first episode as far as I'm concerned, fairly faithful to the opening stages of the VN and if every route is as faithful as this we've got a great adaptation on our hands. Of course people are still going to bitch and moan though because 1. It's not KyoAni, and 2. It's J.C. Staff.
Oct 6, 2012 12:18 PM

Jul 2010
I started on the VN but stopped after the fight in the cafeteria so barely started on it. Based what I saw in this first episode is looking real nice. The anime seems to capture the characters pretty well for the most part.
Oct 6, 2012 12:23 PM

Jun 2011
I read the VN. So...
WHAT THE HELL THEY DID TO PERFECT LITTLE BUSTERS?
Y, g-d, Y...
1. Character design. Something is really wrong with this round-like faces... and why they've copied the K-ON style of art? All characters are looking like they want some cakes. Seriously. I want throw cakes in every of these faces.
2. Animation - so cheap. Did they really want show us this muscles of Masato so badly? And this battle...
3. Graphic details.
What have J.C.Staff forgotten to draw in the beginning of the Sasami's scene?
Why Rin's hands are square?
4. Minor details. Why Riki isn't a batter? And why Rin made only one throw?
5. Music, sounds, VA.
It was an awesome OST in game, but it's not fitting in some moments of the anime.
Sounds... something wrong with them... especially in Sasami's battle.
VA. Horie Yui-Riki not bad, not good. Sasami too.
6. OP/ED... OP is not bad, but I think, that there must be names and their quotes just like in VN OP.
ED is TERRIBLE. It must be more youthful and energetic, but they did typical walking of main characters...
7. Plot. Nothing to say here. Hope, we won't receive some original and brilliant ideas, that will improve the story plot.
In the end I want to say this: fuck you, J.C.Staff; hope you will die in nearest future.
Oct 6, 2012 12:26 PM

Apr 2010
akutasame94 said:
Anyway, Komari's smile at the end. I already said before I could not pick my favorite, although Mio and Kud are just a little above the others. Komari and Haruka follow along with Rin. Especially Komari because I finished her route first, and although her story was most unrealistic I somehow cried the most on that route :P And then Kurugaya, when I heard that piano :P Also what I noticed in LB, it is going to turn me into keyfag again. Why you ask? Well it is completely the same as other Key shows. Everything starts happy, funny, it simply makes you feel like it is going to be one of those happy/happy anime. And then it turns for worse. I love Key :P I am happy to finally put this on my anime list, to join the other Key works :D

Me too. I'm so happy for the tv series, now I can relax and enjoy it. Little Busters doesn't have animations at Clannad/Angel Beats level, but it's very faithful for now. And it's one hell of a first episode, the aphorisms part was epic.
I like Sasasegawa Sasami new voice. Yui Horie for Riki is a good choice.

Alicemagic works well as a ending theme and they take all musics from the game. I'm still expecting some remix but tracks are already awesome as they are.
10/10 from someone who already knows the story!
Oct 6, 2012 12:29 PM

Feb 2008
Stap-dono said:
1. Character design. Something is really wrong with this round-like faces... and why they've copied the K-ON style of art? All characters are looking like they want some cakes. Seriously. I want throw cakes in every of these faces.

Please note that not every anime that looks cute and 'moe' is derivative of K-ON. If you actually looked at a screenshot of the K-ON anime and then looked at the first LB episode, you would notice that they are distinctly different and have next to nothing in common.

The new art style will take some getting used to, yes, but it was to be expected.
Oct 6, 2012 12:30 PM
Feb 2012
I enjoyed it, and as long as it doesn't turn out like Air I will probably enjoy it to the end.

The only problem I have is the main character being voiced by Horie Yui. Don't get me wrong Horie Yui is a great seiyuu, but her voice is way too feminine to sound good for a male character.
Oct 6, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2011
Stap-dono said:
I read the VN. So...
WHAT THE HELL THEY DID TO PERFECT LITTLE BUSTERS?
Y, g-d, Y...
2. Animation - so cheap. Did they really want show us this muscles of Masato so badly? And this battle...
3. Graphic details.
What have J.C.Staff forgotten to draw in the beginning of the Sasami's scene?
Why Rin's hands are square?
4. Minor details. Why Riki isn't a batter? And why Rin made only one throw?
5. Music, sounds, VA.
It was an awesome OST in game, but it's not fitting in some moments of the anime.
Sounds... something wrong with them... especially in Sasami's battle.
VA. Horie Yui-Riki not bad, not good. Sasami too.
6. OP/ED... OP is not bad, but I think, that there must be names and their quotes just like in VN OP.
ED is TERRIBLE. It must be more youthful and energetic, but they did typical walking of main characters...
7. Plot. Nothing to say here. Hope, we won't receive some original and brilliant ideas, that will improve the story plot.
In the end I want to say this: fuck you, J.C.Staff; hope you will die in nearest future.

This is a very long winded way of saying it sucks cause it's J.C. Staff.
Oct 6, 2012 12:41 PM

Jun 2011
I don't hate JC, they made some good animes, such as Toradora, AnoNatsu and Bakuman. But this... they just should have used an VN character design.
Stap-donoOct 6, 2012 12:49 PM
Oct 6, 2012 12:43 PM

Aug 2011
Stap-dono said:
I don't hate JC, they made some good animes. But this...

There's nothing wrong with it, it's extremely faithful to the VN, it kept all but two of the original seiyuu, it's kept the OST, but it's J.C. Staff and not KyoAni so it must suck...
Oct 6, 2012 1:01 PM

Nov 2010
Stap-dono said:
I don't hate JC, they made some good animes, such as Toradora, AnoNatsu and Bakuman. But this...

I'm not going to be all defensive about this, but I will only say one thing : "Keep your expectations low, dude."

Even KyoAni can't animate LB to be as detailed as your wish (or complain?). Some of them are even personal opinions of direction that YOU want.

And I got a feeling that this thread is going to be more unhealthy once the subs are in the air...
Oct 6, 2012 1:09 PM
Apr 2012
WOW... how can they be that cheap... this is like very below average quality animation... I can see the FPS it is not even funny...1238971230947230194701239 frozen pictures feels like robots moving... and where the hell is the fight between Sasami and Rin at the end???

Yea now im kinda glad its ONLY 26 episodes.
flackOct 6, 2012 1:13 PM
Oct 6, 2012 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
The first episode was pretty good! Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Animation is not too great, but certainly not bad either. There isn't too much motion most of the time, but it's not really noticeable unless you pay attention to it.

2. Art is looking VERY pretty indeed. This in particular is a big step up from the VN.

3. Character voice acting is excellent. Riki and Sasami sound a little different, but that's to be expected, and I guess I'll get used to it quickly.

4. OP and ED were both very solid. The remixes of Little Busters! and Alicemagic both sound better than the originals IMO. Maybe they should've put a few more breakdown scenes in the OP, like the VN.

5. We get to see Masato working out!!! HELL YES!

6. Rin's fight with Sasami wasn't shown...why??? D:

All in all, it certainly does look like I can trust JB Staff so far on this one. As long as they don't pull some crazy stupid stuff, it looks like they'll do a great job.

Oh, and also:
SleepingEntityOct 6, 2012 1:55 PM
Oct 6, 2012 2:04 PM

Sep 2008
I don't like how they mix the events and crop the dialogues and crop the events (Rin pitched only 1 time, not 3 :|) and how fast is the pacing, but ALL OF MY LOVE 10/10. EVERYTHING ELSE IS PURE GOLD.
Oct 6, 2012 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
So far I think this is looking good, and personally I actually like the art, yes it could be better, but I think it suits LB well enough. And yea the pacing seems to a bit faster then what I was expecting, can't wait for next weeks episode though! (and also the subs for this weeks)
Oct 6, 2012 2:14 PM

Oct 2007
lots of still frames, bad character design and messy animation. Jup compared to clannad or anything else animated by KyoAni, this show looks rather bad. I expected more of it from the visuals... I mean it's a 2012 show right?
lifeaspectOct 6, 2012 2:19 PM
Oct 6, 2012 2:20 PM

May 2011
lifeaspect said:
lots of still frames, bad character design and messy animation. Jup compared to clannad or anything else animated by KyoAni, this show looks rather bad. I expected more of it visually for an anime which is made today.

Okay, now lets try comparing other producers to KyoAni...
I do agree that J.C. doesn't match up to their animation quality, but this is still very nice if you consider the regular standard.
Oct 6, 2012 2:26 PM

Oct 2007
kenshin_sama said:
lifeaspect said:
lots of still frames, bad character design and messy animation. Jup compared to clannad or anything else animated by KyoAni, this show looks rather bad. I expected more of it visually for an anime which is made today.

Okay, now lets try comparing other producers to KyoAni...
I do agree that J.C. doesn't match up to their animation quality, but this is still very nice if you consider the regular standard.

I can bring up Production IG, Madhouse, Shaft,A1, brains base....Really, there aren't a lot of studios these days that are worse than JC staff when it comes to animation.
Oct 6, 2012 2:30 PM

Oct 2007
mitch3315 said:
Stap-dono said:

There's nothing wrong with it, it's extremely faithful to the VN, it kept all but two of the original seiyuu, it's kept the OST, but it's J.C. Staff and not KyoAni so it must suck...

saa... you already make it clear from your profile that little busters is one of your fav anime, even though only one episode aired. If there is one blind fanboy around...
Oct 6, 2012 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
lifeaspect said:
mitch3315 said:
Stap-dono said:

saa... you already make it clear from your profile that little busters is one of your fav anime, even though only one episode aired. If there is one blind fanboy around...

I've stated on a number of occasions that my love for Little Busters! comes directly from my love of the VN, and you know what? The first episode of the anime was faithful to the VN, if it keeps that up there is no doubt I will love the anime adaptation as well.
Oct 6, 2012 2:37 PM

Mar 2011
Too much hate for nothing i'am waiting for FMP season 3 from KyoAni but they are doing only slice of life animes,but FMP The Second Raid was badass.
Oct 6, 2012 2:38 PM
Jun 2011
Well I hope all those fans who wanted a direct adaption are happy. I played the visual novel and this anime is almost the exact thing scene for scene but with a little abridged. I was actually hoping things would be changed so people who played the visual novel wouldn't feel the repetition.

Also I feel the low budget with the sampled visual novel BGM and animation. Something about the animation seems unpolished, but then again they made this anime pretty fast from time of announcement to this day so I guess with that speed its pretty good.

Also just a little disappointed that the dialogue is almost exactly like the one in the visual novel. I was actually hoping the would change the order of everything. Except I like the foreshadowing in the very very beginning with Kysoke walking through the forest and coming upon the city lights.

Okay enough of me comparing to the visual novel. If I was a first time watcher I would have to say that the anime isn't very funny. The first episode looks like a bunch of gags strung together with a plot. It doesn't feel like a story.
Oct 6, 2012 2:41 PM

Sep 2008
Hey, guys, do you remember how Riki met Komari?
Oct 6, 2012 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
SonMati said:

Well, maybe because they're at the fast pace? What I only remember was Haruka is the first one who met Riki before Komari.

Oct 6, 2012 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode 1. I enjoyed every minute of it. Art was a little bad, but it's certainly not the worst. I'm definitely looking forward to more of this. So far, it's doing good justice to the visual novel (at least imo)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 6, 2012 2:46 PM
May 2012
Really funny episode. maybe best comedy i've seen in anime lol

Very good start episode
Oct 6, 2012 2:46 PM
Jul 2011
I love it.

They kept the witticisms scene too! Pure win.
Oct 6, 2012 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
Must said i being waiting for the anime for quite some time and must said beyond that the animation is bad all the rest is pretty good.

The story its being follow exactly as the VN so far really enjoy Rin No-Con a lot,the OST is the same as the VN and it fits perfectly even that i dont like that much the OP version of "Little Busters" i prefere the original,and the VA besides Sasasasagewa Sasami different voice(will need to get custom to it) and still need to hear Mio voice all the rest is the same so its pretty nice.

So.....so far JC the first episode did a good job,and hope they keep it up beyond that they suck animation wise.

Well next episode its Komari-chan Time!!
Oct 6, 2012 2:48 PM

Apr 2010
The pacing was so bad. Animation was what i expected.

That said, as soon as I hear that OST i can't help but smile due to memories of the VN. Hopefully things look up.
Oct 6, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2010
I can die with smile on my face now!
Oct 6, 2012 2:50 PM

Sep 2008
Sa-chan_ said:
Well, maybe because they're at the fast pace? What I only remember was Haruka is the first one who met Riki before Komari.
Of course that's the reason :P Still too bad, I loved it.

And yes, she was. Maybe every girl will get "her" episode? It could be even nicely paced.
Oct 6, 2012 2:50 PM
Jul 2012
Am I the only one who didn't notice the animation? I don't understand how is it bad
Oct 6, 2012 2:51 PM

Jun 2007
SonMati said:

They don't have time to show every single scene.

Dec 2010
Lol, 9.23/10...

You gotta be kidding me. I thought the first episode was 7.5/10 at best.

J.C. Staff is not disappointing yet, but I'm just not that interested in it so far. Waiting for the real story to decide whether they did a good job or not.

Aug 2011
k-Tek said:
I love it.

They kept the witticisms scene too! Pure win.

Dear god yes, I was so happy they kept the witticisms scene.
Oct 6, 2012 2:52 PM

Aug 2011
JavierR said:
Am I the only one who didn't notice the animation? I don't understand how is it bad

I never pay attention to animation in anything I watch, so no, you're not alone.
Oct 6, 2012 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
JavierR said:

You're not the only one. I was only focused on how do they adapt some scenes in the VN.

Oct 6, 2012 2:56 PM

Sep 2008
EternalBliss said:
They don't have time to show every single scene.
It's not a justification, but I hope it'll be shown because it still can :3
Oct 6, 2012 2:57 PM
Jul 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
JavierR said:

You're not the only one. I was only focused on how do they adapt some scenes in the VN.

So far, they are doing a good job as of episode 1. I don't see what's so bad about the animation, I think it's just fine.
Oct 6, 2012 2:59 PM
Mar 2008
I guess it was okay, animation and story wise.
Oct 6, 2012 3:00 PM

May 2010
hmm i really liked this episode. definetly gonna keep watching.

whats with the laugh of the purple haired chick lol

"OOOOH HAHAHAHAHA OOOOOOOOOH HAHAHAH" lmao
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.