Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2012 8:29 PM

Nov 2009
After all they both came from the same animation studio, so they could somehow use Oreki as a reference to their characters design, and the art is pretty much like K-On in some aspects. ( and Nichijou as well, pay attention to the appearance of the youngest imouto in rikka's family, she seems like professor Hakase.)

Very entertaining episode, solid start with a gag anime. I wouldn't expect more from Kyo Ani, but I want moar of their anime xD. 12episode as expected to adapt their own light novel, so it's obvious that this anime is just a mean to advertise the original novel(2volume currently).

Good music, quality animation, nice art styles, comedy in chuuni doesn't bore me even a bit. Oh it's Kyo Ani btw, moeness is always over 9000, but as long as the show itself is entertaining to watch, it doesn't matter.

--------------Must-follow--------------
Oct 3, 2012 8:31 PM

Jul 2009
"It opened!" <-- I lol'd.

Also that Konami code! I wonder how many people got it...
Oct 3, 2012 8:32 PM

Jan 2010
That feel when lower middle class.
Ok™
Oct 3, 2012 8:32 PM

Aug 2011
Yuuta resembles a younger Oreki. ;3

I love the ED, someone mentioned it, but it reminds me of K-ON's EDs. The OP is really catchy too, but it flashes so much so those with ellipsy, watch out.

Yuuta's baby sister. SLDKF:SLDKFLDS SO ADORABLE. SLKF:DLKF:LSKDF:SLDKF -dies of adorableness- IT'S KILLING ME. Also, Rikka herself is so awesome. She's such a cool heroine.

Dekomori (lol) seems interesting, and Kumin feels like the kind of girl that would normally annoy me (but we'll see about that when the time comes- she hasn't even appeared yet), and Shinka seems interesting too.

Is Satone going to be in this?? Is she?!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 3, 2012 8:44 PM

Aug 2008
OMG TOGASHI'S BABY SISTER IS WAY TOO CUTEEEEE!
Oct 3, 2012 8:52 PM

Oct 2011
Good first episode, the main girl is so freaking random I can't take her seriously at all; then again, this show likely isn't meant to be taken seriously...XD

Oct 3, 2012 8:54 PM

May 2010
wow that was a very nice first ep.
Oct 3, 2012 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
Electromaster said:
"It opened!" <-- I lol'd.

That was my favourite scene by far.
Oct 3, 2012 9:23 PM
Sep 2012
It was a nice first episode. My fav was when Rikka revealed her "Evil Eye" to Yutta.
Oct 3, 2012 9:31 PM

Jan 2012
Though they changed the OP and ED, I'll enjoy it like other KyoAni's anime :3
I'm a noob
Oct 3, 2012 9:44 PM

Nov 2011
halibonga said:
the current avg rating for this series is 7.58....
okay thats it, i m never gonna take MAL ratings seriously, ever again

Nobody ought to be rating an entire series after just one episode, anyway.

Electromaster said:
Also that Konami code! I wonder how many people got it...

I'll be thinking "Banana, Apple" next time I play Contra.

Also, to anyone who said that OP sequence was headache-inducing... agreed.
Oct 3, 2012 9:44 PM

Jun 2009
Hmmm...

Rikka is behaving too... delusional for my liking. I know that it's her character, but I'm having a hard time accepting her.

Maybe she'll grow on me in a few more episodes.

OP give me a headache...
Seriously... Whoever responsible for the OP needs to get the axe.

Can't say I enjoy this episode too much. Still learning/getting used to the characters.

EDIT: My current impression...

I'm ganna be heartbroken if this show sale more than Hyouka.
AirStylesOct 3, 2012 10:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2012 9:54 PM
Dec 2009
That was a funny episode. This show has potential, although I think only having 13 episodes indicates that it's not going to get too serious. Hopefully the following episodes are just as entertaining.
Oct 3, 2012 10:11 PM

Jul 2011
Looks like it's going to be a cute show. :)

Oct 3, 2012 10:28 PM

Jun 2012
For a first episode this show was awesome. I loved it and can't wait to see the next couple of episodes; I really hope it stays this good. The music was excellent and I enjoyed the OP/ED themes as well.

Thank God they changed the ending theme from the Lite thing they did. That was terrible.
Oct 3, 2012 10:29 PM

Feb 2010
Well, aside from the fact that the OP was one of the most terrible things I've ever seen and everything in it and the ED point to fanservice and harem, I actually found this quite refreshing compared to other KyoAni shows (note: not necessarily better or worse, just refreshing). I can enjoy watching some make-believe (I loved Arakawa under the bridge) so this is actually right up my alley. Compared to shows like Hyouka and Clannad this is quite different (not counting the beginning part with the boy-meets-girl-under-weird-circumstances). The art and character designs are less refined and more cutesy, but it fits the tone of the show that is somehow more lighthearted and for me a lot less pretentious than in the above mentioned series. Unless with Hyouka I already know after the first episode more or less what to expect from this series in terms of genres and what it will focus on, so I don't have too high expectations that will later fail me. The only question is how much and how bad the fanservice will be and if they manage to make me not get annoyed with the kinda harem-ish setting that the OP and ED propose. Some series managed it before, but it's rarely been done.
In any case, I'm sticking to this for now.
My bottom line: I find the sillyness refreshing after the pretentious-ish-ness of Hyouka and the likes, we'll see where it goes from there.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 3, 2012 10:40 PM
Aug 2009
The opening gave me a little headache.
I think the music is pretty.
Oct 3, 2012 10:43 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was so damn boring (IMO). -_-

and the characters are not very likeable.

>.> shall give it a few more episodes though I'm foreseeing a drop.

AirStyles said:
Hmmm...

Rikka is behaving too... delusional for my liking. I know that it's her character, but I'm having a hard time accepting her.

OP give me a headache...

Can't say I enjoy this episode too much. Still learning/getting used to the characters.

Indeed. Her eccentricities might have been meant to be charming, but it's just plain... disturbing. Can totally imagine her shame when she snapped out of the illness. If she ever does.

=/ and I would be astounded too. Hyouka is better IMO.
rainbowcakesOct 3, 2012 10:47 PM
Oct 3, 2012 10:51 PM

May 2009
Another Fall series I love so far, I think this series might be one of my favorites seeing how I really enjoyed the first episode.
Oct 3, 2012 11:03 PM
Aug 2011
This season is rolling out all the oddball main characters.
Oct 3, 2012 11:05 PM

Nov 2007
If this was just the "introductory" episode, according to the Japanese who went to the pre-airing event, then episode 2 (which was described as being at the K-ON! level of enjoyment) will be even better.

Can't wait for next week then xD
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 3, 2012 11:34 PM

Aug 2012
KAWAII!!!!!^^
Oct 3, 2012 11:37 PM
Jul 2012
So cute! Whats not to like! :D

Can't wait for next week!
Oct 3, 2012 11:41 PM
Aug 2010
i love the OP, i keep watching it over and over, i dont see why people get a headeache
Oct 4, 2012 12:41 AM
Feb 2009
it wasnt too bad i guess
Oct 4, 2012 12:46 AM
May 2012
First of all! let me say this!
I haven't had this laugh in previous 3 seasons!
It was really great!I got hungry just from laughing!
when i watched the five minute episode i was really sure this will be great!
it didn't disappoint me in any way!
I still think they are morons who scored this a 1!
First episode 10/10
of course it will drop!
i really liked it!

Oct 4, 2012 12:50 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty good.. 8/10 for now..
Keep moving forward
Oct 4, 2012 12:52 AM
May 2012
weiqifan said:

AirStyles said:
Hmmm...

OP give me a headache...

Indeed. Her eccentricities might have been meant to be charming, but it's just plain... disturbing. Can totally imagine her shame when she snapped out of the illness. If she ever does.

I think there isn't anything wrong with the anime but the problem is with your head!You decided to hate this anime even before the start!
You are not suited for this genre! hyouka and this is a completely different!
You are a moron for comparing these two! and her character is the main attraction of this comedy anime!i think your comments are more annoying!
Oct 4, 2012 12:58 AM

Jul 2010
MC's are both likeable. im gonna like this show. wonder if this anime will reference/parody other animes, just seems like they should do that

Oct 4, 2012 1:07 AM

Sep 2012
ijen said:
weiqifan said:

AirStyles said:
Hmmm...

OP give me a headache...

I think there isn't anything wrong with the anime but the problem is with your head!You decided to hate this anime even before the start!
You are a moron for comparing these two! and her character is the main attraction of this comedy anime!i think your comments are more annoying!

nah, this is a matter of opinion. I could say that there's something wrong with your head as well, but we both don't have concrete proof.

And, newsflash! =D I. don't. hate. this. anime. I have yet to hate an anime. =_=
and what exactly is the genre that I'm not suited for?

I know it's different. Pizzas and durians are different, but I can still say that I like durians more right? -_- LOL.

And I know that her character is meant to be bonkers to be comedic. That much is obvious.

As I mentioned before, opinions. These are all opinions. Can't say I can't understand you as I've found comments expressing their distaste for things I like annoying before as well.

Have a pleasant day. ^_^
rainbowcakesOct 4, 2012 1:13 AM
Oct 4, 2012 1:09 AM

Feb 2010
both mc are funny like hell can't wait for more.
Oct 4, 2012 1:15 AM

Aug 2009
Typing as I go

No actually I haven't heard of 8th grader syndrome, please give me some introductory exposition. Girls frikin descending down on your balcony... normal day in Japan. Obviously thats what she wants to know first is if he saw her underwear and not why the hell shes climbing down the side of a building >_>
That op..... idk what to say, boobs and kawaii things, maybe I'm just seriously not in the mood for this kind of thing.

Everything in this anime is fiction... no shit because blue haired girls with eypatches climb down your building everyday.
The fated meeting of ultimate moe. Is the main character completely retarded...?(referring to the girl "opening" the train door).... Why would she lick the eye drops D: Nothing shes saying is making any sense T_T my braiiiiin.

Don't know if I can even finish this first ep...

WAIT, they're going to show her eye o_O... durramatique! or not >_>
C'mon 9 more minutes left.... I can do this
No shit she lives on the floor above... like he completely forgot the scene where she was climbing down >_>
Judgement Lucifer... yeah I was just waiting for something this frikin extremely stupid so I could atleast say I gave it a shot. Maybe I overreacted a little, but this was extremely painful to watch. Dropped

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 4, 2012 1:43 AM

Mar 2009
bottosai-01 said:
No actually I haven't heard of 8th grader syndrome, please give me some introductory exposition. Girls frikin descending down on your balcony... normal day in Japan. Obviously thats what she wants to know first is if he saw her underwear and not why the hell shes climbing down the side of a building >_>

Don't know how people translated this. But the thing is that she wasn't talking about panties, she was talking about being seen in the affirmative, probably about her "escape", it was he who thought about the panties, then she uses "Mitemiru" that's something like "You're seeing this in a dream" and vanishes.
Oct 4, 2012 2:03 AM

Sep 2012
This was the one I was waiting the most.

And I'm not disappointed.
Oct 4, 2012 2:25 AM

Jun 2009
ijen said:
weiqifan said:

AirStyles said:
Hmmm...

OP give me a headache...

First of all... nothing is wrong with our head, your's however, may need some adjustments.

1. Did we, in any way shows that we decided to hate the show before it start?
FYI, This is my most anticipated show. In the past several years, I've only ever missed out on 1 KyoAni release, which is Nichijo.

2. I'm not suited for this genre? Go look through my anime list!

3. Yes we are comparing, but we're comparing "our preference" of "KyoAni product". Saying that we compare Hyouka to Chuuni is very unfair, because we did not say anything like
"Omg, Rikka is not as cute as Chitanda, I hate Rikka"
or
"Hyouka is so much funnier, Chuuni is bad"
THAT WOULD BE COMPARING!
What we did however, is not. Learn the difference.

4. You find those comments annoying? Well, you shouldn't in the first place, because none of us did the thing you were accusing us of. It's your misinterpretation and assumptions that is giving you grieves.

And guess what, you barging in screaming at us with your false accusation however, do annoy us. Because we're aren't guilty of the things you claim we did. Fuck... I hate people who just scream murder at the smallest things... Especially those that don't even understand what's going on.
AirStylesOct 4, 2012 2:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2012 2:33 AM

Dec 2009
Oh my this episode went by in a flash. I want more NOW!

5/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 4, 2012 3:02 AM

Sep 2012
omg! Rikka is adorable! I want one too!! Love the anime so far :D
Oct 4, 2012 3:08 AM

Jun 2009
I think it started out quite nicely. The plot showed some potential and Rikka surely seems like an eccentric, yet intriguing character.
Oct 4, 2012 3:09 AM
Mar 2012
Holy fuck, i never thought the anime would be this...overwhelmingly moe.....i can't help but grin and guffaw in perverse joy....fuck....and contrary to popular belief, i liked the op, and the ED was a blast....

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a harem, but i hope this will still deliver, even if it does....
Oct 4, 2012 3:09 AM
Mar 2008
ffs Kyoani. Not again.
Oct 4, 2012 3:17 AM

Aug 2010
WHile I have to agree that the op, under the right circumstances, could cause a headache, I still like it.

As for this episode... liked it too. The goofy antics of Rikka are just too cute. Also, I'm a sucker for moe, so the whole cast is right up my alley.
I wonder if Oreki 2.0 has some kind of energy draining attack :)

As for the haters, especially those who never gave this anime a chance and hated on it before it even aired and ARE STILL WATCHING IT, out of some perverse enjoyment from self-inflicted pain... I'll just pretend they don't exist
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 4, 2012 3:38 AM

Sep 2012
LOL, even the adults are moe. I wonder where this is going, so I'll continue watching this for now.
Oct 4, 2012 3:51 AM
Nov 2008
reminds me of Lelouch
Oct 4, 2012 4:05 AM

Aug 2009
A moeblob female character that's actually interesting.It was about time KyoAni....
And those "Lelouch" moments....XD

Ejc said:
If this was just the "introductory" episode, according to the Japanese who went to the pre-airing event, then episode 2 (which was described as being at the K-ON! level of enjoyment) will be even better.

Can't wait for next week then xD

I enjoyed this way more than any ep of K-on and the movie combined.
Unless K-On level of enjoyment means more ultra moe scenes.
Oct 4, 2012 4:20 AM

Feb 2010
That was a pretty good first episode. Rikka and Yuuta's little sister are so Cute!! Can't wait for next week :)
Oct 4, 2012 4:37 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It takes so little to miss out how much rich this anime is going to be. It’s not about the fan service of the ass shaking in the beginning nor about anything of MOE despite it being there. It’s simple the spoiler
along with my research into:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephrenia
A rather deep disturbing illness that there is no cure and often people end up in hospital or cannot function well at all. This series essentially to me could be a gem to discover of how 2 people both being sick of that same illness come to term with others in a school environment both having problems to deal due to their illnesses in the past. Yuuta denying his to circumvent the problem while Rikka herself is just letting it loose as you can see from her wild MOE factors. It shows rather well from just the person in the spoiler
of how normally a person can be freaked out by this behaviour and you want to avoid this person nor deal with them except with the MOE anyone would want to deal with Rikka.

Sadly the reality is much harder and this series will most likely be far more lighter on many elements, which will prove enjoyable while seeing 2 people suffer of this disease and maybe there shall be other ones later that may have it. Only to amount to them falling falling in love while supporting their own illness is to look forward too as the power of love will be shown most likely. I for one really need to know how this develops along with how will Yuuta and Rikka fall in love. Clearly Rikka already basically by falling on Yuuta kind gave away she has a thing for him among the other ones around. Well she blushed in the spoiler
and even looked a little sexy there. Notice the lips. Well yeah a sign there. Girl is wild in personality.

So in short from the OP I HAREM SWIPE! Sanae in the following,

Cause from that part she reminded me of her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/40320/Mari
Which I did not see in a long time and yes they do have features of similar value. In fact Sanae » Rikka » any other girls I like.

Second when I saw Rikka in the following,

I decided to #2 HAREM BAG HER! She was too irresistible being like that. It was like an invite. Sadly IRL girls with Disorganized schizophrenia tend to be a pain in the ass to deal less you have dedication to them in love or as a long time friend or relative. Still Yuuta is shit to hit her like that but I know it to be comedic still she looks terrible being in pain from it.

I find the fan service actually hilarious in this series and not sexual at all. Like the ass part in the spoiler
I do find hard to resist Rikka but I am not enticed as other series that I usually am. Only enticing is when Rikka sits in certain ways that shows her sides a little like in the spoiler
but that’s due to her petite shape and size. I WOULD PROTECT HER KING SIZE! Might edit this later too tired.

PS: Some Notes and references: Darkflame master
Isshiki Makoto
Takanashi Tooka
Konami code aka NES reference
Gungnir reference

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 4, 2012 4:45 AM
Jul 2012
Yurihyuuga said:
bastek66 said:
What the
That scene made me lol hard cause it was so random

Imagine when you said that you wanna live as normal person and

suddenly she said "so you already become a storm troopers?" as the weay she get what you mean

that what basically happened.
b4hn5chOct 4, 2012 4:52 AM
Oct 4, 2012 4:45 AM
Oct 2007
KingCez said:
rikka has a certain moe to her. not sure which moe. but its alot

Take your pick. Loli, goth loli, pony tail, eye patch, zettai ryouki...
Oct 4, 2012 5:07 AM

Feb 2009
Just what one might expect from Kyoto Animation.

It was pretty good and enjoyable, but nothing special.
Oct 4, 2012 5:10 AM

Apr 2010
I thought this was pretty cute the main character reminded me of Yui from K-on!! and the reactions of the male lead are just funny.
The characters all appeared to have a bright personality and they where all very kind i wonder if that will change somehow i am looking forward to seeing them change.
The male lead maturing is also funny to watch especially him being ashamed of his past then again i have to say we all did things in the past where we think why did i do that.
At some point you just stop caring about it.
The family of the male lead looked like a nice family tho i wonder what the sister of the female lead is like.
I don't think she would have been to happy with the way her little sister descended from that balcony by rope.
There teacher also appears to be a nice person who seems to care for her students tho it's also the first day for her so she didn't have any time to bond with her students yet.

Also a simple question 8 grade is second or third year junior high school?
It was translated to the American system so it's a bit confusing.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marow - Dec 5, 2012

323 by FarCritical »»
Feb 19, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.