Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2008 12:40 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
40 Faces!

Didn't think it would turn out like this, and that 20 Faces is not really 20 Faces, sort of.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the episode. It's too bad this series doesn't have a preview after the ED. Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 24, 2008 12:48 PM

Feb 2008
This show is something else. We start with Chiko being abducted by Twenty Faces and suddenly she's fighting a cyborg Twenty Faces who's the original Twenty Faces!

Chiko's badass, she looked awesome using that cable thing :)

I hope we get the last two episodes at the same time. The way these cliffhangers have been lately I'm not sure I could handle waiting as long for episode 22 as we had for 20.
Oct 24, 2008 3:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lol...pretty epic episode for this series...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 24, 2008 6:56 PM

Mar 2008
I just found it strange how the doc can just leisurely reconnect his hand after getting it cut clean off...

I actually believe live_evil will released the last 2 episode rather quickly from now on, so really can't wait
Oct 24, 2008 11:24 PM

Aug 2008
IT SO LONG TO WAIT FOR THIS EP20 TO BE RELEASED...AT ABOUT 1 MONTH !! anyway its still great ep
Oct 25, 2008 12:19 AM

Jun 2007
kuroshiroi said:
This show is something else. We start with Chiko being abducted by Twenty Faces and suddenly she's fighting a cyborg Twenty Faces who's the original Twenty Faces!

Chiko's badass, she looked awesome using that cable thing :)

I hope we get the last two episodes at the same time. The way these cliffhangers have been lately I'm not sure I could handle waiting as long for episode 22 as we had for 20.

haha I know right. I think the whole point of 20 face's robbing people was to prevent the evil doctor from stealing the items and using them for further his research. So I'm guessing the original 20 faces is the evil doc.
Oct 25, 2008 2:47 AM
Sep 2008
Chiko was pretty good during the fight and i want to know what the weakness of the kds are.

Also ken and that lady became friends pretty fast.
Oct 25, 2008 10:58 AM
Jun 2007
This series is turning out to be quite something. I didn't have any expectations from this show at all (and I thought that this would be BONES' "other" show. I dropped Soul Eater =P) but now, I'm riveted by each episode and can't wait for the last 2.

Chiko was pretty awesome even when faced with overwhelming odds, but how will she bounce back from being used by the professor? Even if she was forced to activate the device, she could still feel some guilt for not being able to resist.
Oct 25, 2008 12:15 PM
Dec 2007
The develoment has been quite inconsistent for my tastes, they're jumping to all sorts of new themes for 3 or 4 episodes now and we still don't know how it will turn out. And Twenty Faces is really a mysterious character, we know approximately about him even when there are only 2 episodes left (apart from that he was a brilliant researcher during the war...). Pretty strange, I hope everything will stabilize soon and we'll have some consistent information and a good ending.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 25, 2008 1:34 PM

Nov 2007
Not bad, though I wish the episode releases had been more frequent. Watching one episode every two weeks, with no recap and everything, it makes me forget half of the plot points. I did like the first half better, when Chiko was with 20 Faces and his band, it made me nostalgic of Lupin. Good old series.
Looking forward to the conclusion of this.
Oct 25, 2008 2:10 PM

Oct 2007
Shouldn't the title changed from "The Daughter of Twenty Faces" to "The Twenty Faces of Twenty Faces" ?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 25, 2008 10:50 PM

Dec 2007
Great epiosde, and I enjoyed it so far. I was not surprised about cyborg Twenty Faces. Chiko's badass as she is using the cable thing. I can't wait to watch the next epiosde.
Oct 26, 2008 8:03 AM

Dec 2007
It was quite a good episode. I loved Chiko's little fighting scene.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 26, 2008 6:53 PM

Apr 2008
I loved this *.*
It was worth the waiting for getting such a great episode x3 I just hope the next are quicker.. I can't wait for finishing this awesome anime x3
And to think I only started watching it because it had Aya Hirano and didn't seam that bad... I'm so glad I started watching this... It's really something x3
Oct 28, 2008 2:34 AM

Sep 2008
I loved this episode alot... I am pissed off about those damn little vietnamese/chinese kids that doctor created... man I just want them to get beat up by ken-ni-chan and that other woman...

I love chiko and I hope she figures out what she is going to do now.

when it ended abruptly I was a bit sad.... I want the next episode now...

Oct 28, 2008 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
This is nothing that I expected from the show going off the first few episodes and a synopsis. I hate that. We have monsters and cyborgs, pseudo-deaths and barely there character development. This show is turning to a pile of crap really fast, and I just don't see them trying to wrap of this show.
Oct 29, 2008 1:59 AM

Apr 2007
noteDhero said:
This is nothing that I expected from the show going off the first few episodes and a synopsis. I hate that. We have monsters and cyborgs, pseudo-deaths and barely there character development. This show is turning to a pile of crap really fast, and I just don't see them trying to wrap of this show.

It's only becoming a pile of crap now? It started becoming crap ages ago.

It's not necessarily enjoyable anymore, rather it is amusing. Seriously thou, I am so annoyed at how this show has turned out, it could have been amazing, but no.

But yet still I wish this show was 36 or 52 episodes long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2008 3:44 PM

Sep 2007
noteDhero said:

That.
I really enjoyed the episodes of it when chiko was with 20 Faces and his gang, but the shit that's goin on now...well, let's say I just watch it for the sake of completing the series.
Oct 31, 2008 10:33 AM

Feb 2008
I love that fire thingy 20 faces has on his hand...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2008 1:16 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah...without the preview...not much suspense built into it..
Looking forward for them to end the series with 2 episodes left..
Live-Evil!...come on!!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Nov 2, 2008 2:03 PM

Nov 2007
I loved it in the beginning, and well I confess I was almost close to dropping it when it hit the lowest mark in episode 15 or 16, but it's picked up again. It's not as great as the beginning but they're doing a pretty good job wrapping it up. Looking forward to the next episode. =)
May 21, 2009 5:43 PM

Feb 2009
KILL THEM ALL BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Jun 13, 2014 12:48 AM

Aug 2013
noteDhero said:

Spot on.

"He was the one who led us in this path of evil." Old man just stop. 20 Faces halted the experiment because he realized what he was doing was wrong, he even told you that. But then the old man wanted to continue doing it, got mad at 20 Faces for not telling him how to produce the light, went on a killing spree and in the process copied even his appearance. How pathetic is that XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 6, 2015 6:24 AM

Oct 2014
noteDhero said:

This
Mar 9, 2023 2:44 PM
Nov 2019
Cool fight and the whole story is amazing
Mar 11, 2023 4:25 AM
Jul 2016
noteDhero said:

When you take the story so seriously ,it will result on making you suck from it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 22 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 17, 2009

36 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 7:02 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 4, 2008

23 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 12:01 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 13 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 28, 2008

30 by Recynon »»
Jul 1, 2020 8:02 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 2 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Apr 23, 2008

30 by Recynon »»
Jul 1, 2020 6:59 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gioss - May 19, 2008

84 by MondayBlues »»
Mar 8, 2017 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.