Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2012 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
Eksta said:
I didn't enjoy this show too much. Am I like the only person that was bored with this show?

You're not the only one. It was original, I give it that, but most of the time I couldn't enjoy it as much as I'd like.

7/10, It's definitely a memorable show.
Sep 16, 2012 11:36 AM

Dec 2009
This was a sweet ending, I even wet my eyes ;-;
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 16, 2012 11:37 AM

Aug 2009
5/5 for the episode (and not only because I like Y). So, this arc is set before 'the BL manga' arc. And in this case I definitely approve of the nonlinear narrative for I think this was the best arc to end the anime with.
9/10 overall.
If I were to be more objective, I might give it an 8, but screw that, I just can't. The series was such a unique and great ride that no other anime of the season comes even close. My favourite anime of the year so far.

I need season 2. There are so many questions left unanswered (though that's Tanaka for you). With seven light novels published so far, I know there is not nearly enough material for a sequel at the moment, but who knows, maybe one day Jinrui returns.
Ah, damn, I already miss this crazy show.
metamorphiusSep 16, 2012 11:54 AM
Sep 16, 2012 11:50 AM

Jun 2012
Definitely sad it ended. This show had a really great feeling :) Hard one to describe.
A rather poignant ending to the series
Sep 16, 2012 11:53 AM

Dec 2009
I ended up giving the series a 7/10. The first arc was so great in its satire/hidden meanings/metaphors that the other arcs fell a bit flat in comparison (because they never reached that level). Still an entertaining series that I think might grow to an 8/10 if I ever rewatch it (and discover hidden gems I'm sure are there).
Ara ara.
Sep 16, 2012 11:55 AM

Jul 2010
Not the best episode, but it was still sweet. Wished it was more concluding towards the series as a whole.

Jinrui wa Sutai Shimashita gets an 8/10 from me. Really clever and brilliant at times, but lacked consistency.

Jun 2009
One of the suprises of the Fall 2012 season, i greatly enjoyed this series. It had a rather unique feel to it and one of best female protagonists of all time.
It was great to see how Watashi and Y got to be friends and how their relationship progressed. The Wild Rose Society had some crazy memebers, but nothing that'd suprise me in this particular anime, too bad it's already the end.
I had a hard time deciding whether to give a score of 8 or 9, but i went with a solid 8. I'd give it a 8,5 if it was possible here.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

Oct 2011
8/10 for now
may end up with 9/10 as it's one of best series this season (and year so far)

probably will try to watch it in chronological order :)

and I loved that those girls were having some passions - playing home, collecting things or making diaries
I know that I will encourage my kids to do the same!
Dalek-bakaSep 16, 2012 12:32 PM
Sep 16, 2012 11:59 AM

Nov 2011
Humanity is still in decline! Season 2! Season 2! I'll be missing Watashi, my first favourite female anime character. I thought I would only like manly characters like Gintoki, Guts, Lelouch(LOL wait manly?), Light, Archer, Rider, Kerry, Shizuo...
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 16, 2012 12:03 PM
Aug 2010
I love this show , I will give it 9\10
Sep 16, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
fishergirl16 said:
Not the best episode, but it was still sweet. Wished it was more concluding towards the series as a whole.

Jinrui wa Sutai Shimashita gets an 8/10 from me. Really clever and brilliant at times, but lacked consistency.

I agree. This series had some moments that really shined, but some parts were not as good as others. I felt like this would have been better as a middle arc (the placement of this arc at the end seems kind of random and arbitrary); I would have liked to see an ending involving the assistant and grandpa (the assistant basically loses importance after the time arc...). The ending with the fairy was pretty touching though.
Sep 16, 2012 12:43 PM
Sep 2011
Easily one of the best shows this season, although it is a bit confusing how it went backwards.(actually since she has her hair in the second story that means it is either after the first story or before the third but that was the only exception).
I am sad this series is gone it was a great watch with one of my favorite ending songs in the season.
Easily a 7/10, it is a good show I would recomend to anyone looking for a comedy that is a bit different and origional to the rest of the stuff on the market.
Sep 16, 2012 12:53 PM

Sep 2011
This was a nice ending for a wonderful show. The scene with the doll was scary and the final scene was pretty touching.

I had a quite hard time on deciding my rating. I wanted to give it a 9, but art style, the brilliant MC with amazing voice acting from Nakahara Mai, the fairies, the music and the overall uniqueness of this anime leave me clearly no other choice than to give it 10/10. Would love to see a second season.
Sep 16, 2012 12:54 PM

Dec 2011
I'll miss this show :'(
Sep 16, 2012 12:55 PM

Aug 2009
edl01 said:
actually since she has her hair in the second story that means it is either after the first story or before the third but that was the only exception

It's after the first arc. The BL arc would chronologically be the last.
Sep 16, 2012 12:59 PM
Sep 2008
Sep 16, 2012 1:05 PM

Sep 2011
LOL. WTF CRAZY AS BITCH YO. Holy fuck, stabbing the doll like a maniac. 9/10 Series for me.

This show will definitely be re-watched by me. One of the best summer 2012 shows in terms of comedy, and other genres. Very unique, and unpredictable main character!
Nice ending with the faeries <3
TyrelSep 16, 2012 1:17 PM
Sep 16, 2012 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
what a sweet ending. imo this was the most interesting show this current season, and the most unique one for a long time. glad I watched this, will probably rewatch this sometime!
Sep 16, 2012 1:08 PM

Jun 2011
ihateeveryone said:
Eksta said:
I didn't enjoy this show too much. Am I like the only person that was bored with this show?

You're not the only one. It was original, I give it that, but most of the time I couldn't enjoy it as much as I'd like.

7/10, It's definitely a memorable show.

Yeah, I can undestand that. It was all social criticism with a colorful world, a great main character and those funny but scary fairies. If someone got bored by it or not found funny and thought-provoking all the references to the real world the enjoyment definitely drops.

Btw, this was indeed an awesome show, Tanaka never fails to amuse and surprise me.
Hope this will sell enough to guarantee a second season, 8/10 for me.
Sep 16, 2012 1:13 PM

Aug 2011
RIP favorite series of 2012 T^T
Watashi is always so blunt but also unpredictable <3
1000000/10
Sep 16, 2012 1:36 PM

Jul 2010
I will never forget the 1st episode with the bleeding bread. I knew this would be a good series when that scene played.
Sep 16, 2012 2:00 PM

Dec 2011
Comments on the episode...

Watashi's other classmates had mental tendencies. That left a bad taste in my mouth... but this is the reason why her bond with Y became strong and they become close friends.

I knew something was up with the robot, and it is the very first fairy she met at the school! The fairy was always at Watashi side! Ohh. I was touched at this part.

And on to the series.
Watashi's witty retorts/punchlines/tsukkomi made this anime a lot of fun. Also having a lot of other quirky characters such as Assistant (A time paradog!) and the Carrot Juice Bread!

I was entertained from the start til end. 8/10 for this fun series!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2012 2:08 PM

Jul 2011
Last episode ftw! ^^

So many good moments (BL obsession, yandere moment...)
And finally fairy tea party in the ending.

First when I watched first episode of Jinrui, I was little worrying how it will become later. Hopefully it was good :)

5/5

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 16, 2012 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
The unchronological presentation worked quite well, and the beginning of Watashi's fairy-centric life is a good place to end. I much prefer seeing characters' experiences before their background, to gain an liking for the character before an understanding. Regrettably, many shows like to do in reverse, delving into expositions with characters in which I have no interest, nor the opportunity to develop one. I am ambivalent at the lack of a explanation of the origin of fairies. On one hand, I am disappointed, especially with the hints dropped previously. On the other, it leaves room for speculations and theories, while maintaining the fairies's status as mysterious entities. Overall, the show didn't exceed, or even match, what it exhibited in the first arc, save the island episode, and the one after to a lesser extent. The show is best when it is commenting on the downfall of human society, per the title. Of course, the other arcs were good, and retained its unique humor (though quite lightened) and wit. They just were not as impressive comparatively. Still, it was a nice refresher from some of its more stifling peers.
MissileSoupSep 16, 2012 3:56 PM
Sep 16, 2012 2:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm looking forward to Nakahara Mai's next role. She was great in this. <3

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 16, 2012 2:37 PM

Oct 2010
season2...I want season 2!!!!!!!
Signature Removed
Sep 16, 2012 3:26 PM

Mar 2008
After witnessing the ugly side of human, Watashi didn't stop talking to them, she did really grow up by living with it. And when people grow up the toxic inside of them slowly fades like that boy who was dissecting bugs for fun. And She realizes that she likes the fairies because of they are pure and innocent
10/10
Sep 16, 2012 3:48 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Is that what people are like because humanity is declining, or is humanity declining because that is what people are like? ;)
Sep 16, 2012 4:13 PM

Jan 2008
What an amazingly fun and creative series. One of the most enjoyable series I've watched this year. So sad it has to end now.
Sep 16, 2012 4:42 PM

Oct 2011
So sad to see this series go, it was really fun while it lasted. I will never forget those fairies faces, even in my dreams....... *shivers*
8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2012 5:24 PM

Jun 2008
Definitely unique and memorable, but half the series was just...kinda boring. 7/10
Sep 16, 2012 5:47 PM

Jan 2012
Great series! Sad to see it end :(
Sep 16, 2012 5:49 PM

Feb 2012
Lol dat Curly going all Yandere on that doll. Cracked up pretty hard there.

This was one of the most unique series I've seen. Didn't expect to like it at first but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

8/10
Sep 16, 2012 6:16 PM

Feb 2011
10/10

The story of humanity's fall. Fantastic.
Sep 16, 2012 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
gonna miss this show for it's pure weirdness and how unique it was and you don't get that to often now adays more then welcome an S2

but life lessons to be learn here nobodies perfect no matter they look on the outside lol and somethings are just better left unknown.
Sep 16, 2012 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
Really enjoyed the series at the start, but after the deja vu episode I had a hard time keeping interest.
6/10
Sep 16, 2012 7:08 PM

Sep 2009
Ah, my favorite show from this season has ended T______T It was a great and different series, the only complaint I have is that I wish the episodes were in chronological order. I hope it sells well enough for a second season <3
Sep 16, 2012 8:14 PM

Apr 2011
Underrated as hell. I love this series and it is sad to see it end. Amazing hook and story. Seriously this was one of the best anime of summer 2012. 9/10

Here's hoping for a second season!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 16, 2012 8:40 PM

Jul 2009
That was very sweet
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 16, 2012 8:43 PM

May 2008
MINT GREEN! Anyways i wanted to give this series a 6 but the last 2 episodes was good enough to raise it to a 7.I feel like im missing a few bits and pieces of the ending which was kind of irritating oh well the fairy came back they graduated happy ending!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 16, 2012 9:31 PM

Jul 2012
There better be...there better be more. This was the best Series all summer. It was smart, hilarious, weird, and just all around amazing. I wish there had been a tiny bit more about you, why exactly humanity is declining or what the hell is up with those weird as hell creepy fairies, but as it stand now, it was still done amazingly.

I was hoping this arc would enlighten us a little more on the history of the world and what the fairies were or where they came from. Aside from a few episodes that made direct remarks about current events(eg. the manga arc, the fairy island), The satirical nature of the show was pushed aside for more light hearted events. I have no problems with that, even though those were the best humor moments of the show. The point being, we know next to nothing about the world. They can get away with not telling us anything about it(letting it slowly grow from comments made about it) because they have such strong and interesting characters.

Ms. Sweets was one of the best leads I’ve watched in a long time. Hilarious, dark, deadpan, she was excellent and I love her because of it. The way she interacted with the fairies was great. and from my interpretation of this last episode, she was destined to be a lifelong friend of the fairies anyway. Speaking of this episode(this IS a review of it I guess.) I'm a bit unsure of what the fairy being in the ryobo has to do with anything. She did talk to the robot when she was lonely but that was before the Fairy granted her wish. That doesn't mean she stopped talking to the robot, so he was watching over her and being close to her and giving her luck perhaps? It would make sense that because of him she joined the wild rose tea party club. If there is one thing about fairies that I know for sure it's that something may seem simple to them, but its really a weirdly convoluted plan. There is also the fact that a few member of the club seemed oddly infatuated with Ms. Sweets.

Y was fantastic as always. Ever since I first realized who she was(Kanbaru from Bakemonogatari, and now that I'm such a fan of Inaba from kokoro Connect) It's a bit messed up that when her secret is revealed she goes and throws the other girls under the bus. Not that I’d want Ms. Sweets to be around that and not know what kind of psychos she were friends with. Pretty much from the point when She stood up and started spinning around in the magical "homosexual library" I pretty much could only keep back the horror I felt with the intense laughter the whole thing made me feel. Never would I have though I’d say a girl stealing books about boy love would be less weird then a conglomerate of other girls but today is that day.

Some of the best humor bits have been diaries/written accounts, which my assumption is it gets straight from the light novels, so I'll have to check those out one day. Curly, the moe little girl just..was so...crazy. Yes she's a little girl and she was feeling lonely...but heavens. First she throws hot tea in the dolls face, then she starts licking it off getting a bit close to the opposite of Y's fantasies AND THEN going straight up murder town on your doll/fantasy Ms. Sweets. I was falling out of my chair, but whether it was out of laughter or terror is up for debate.

Then on top of all this, the show gave me feels. The rest of the group, with all their faults were still sane enough to be friends with Ms. Sweets and if they ever got too crazy she could always hang out with her partner in crime Y. Then the fairies promise/wish fulfillment, when it popped out of the robot and said "Friend?" and Ms. Sweets broke down. I believe the fairy lived in the robot watching over her and visiting her in her dreams to keep her company. It also said "lots of visitors" which could mean he went into other kids dreams and could have been the main factor of her getting into the wild rose club. then again, the whole thing was a bit unclear so, all that really matter is, Ms. Sweets will always have friends, and the fairies as crazy as they are, will always be just around the corner for her. Shenanigans and all.

There is now a deep hole in my chest, a hole that will always long for more Jintai. Hopefully, someday, sooner rather than later, that hole will be filled with more Ms. Sweets. More assistant. More Fairies. More Y. More grandfather. I really did think this show was fantastic, and there is so much more of this open world to explore that I feel lost having only seen this little glimpse into it.
I sometimes watch lots of anime.
I sometimes write reviews of said anime at my website.
http://www.crawken.com/
Sep 16, 2012 11:32 PM

Dec 2008
After watching the final scene again – how Watashi being happy and having people to care about also makes the fairy happy with ‘having lots of visitors’ – my head hurts from trying to interpret the whole existence of fairies, how they relate to human mind and all that. Maybe the fairies aren’t separate entities but are within us, representing… but then there are all those material things they actually managed to do… though it would explain why Pion couldn’t comprehend the existence of fairies- Ahhgh

*brain burns out*
Sep 17, 2012 12:16 AM

Feb 2010
very unique show 8/10.
Sep 17, 2012 1:53 AM

Aug 2012
Never thought it would end like this from the first few episode, glad I sticked to it.
Sep 17, 2012 2:19 AM

May 2010
People Be crazy.
Sep 17, 2012 4:20 AM

Nov 2010
The book Y dropped was titled "Touma's heart in the sky". The original is the comic "Thoma's heart" written by Moto HAGIO. It's a classic BL comic and I think the author must have been inspired from Hermann Hesse's works. If you like "Demian", try it.

After all, the series was not what I expected from the title, but it was not bad and the twisted characters Y and I were fabulous.
Sep 17, 2012 4:34 AM

Aug 2011
I missed Pyon at that ending xD
The development of the relationship between Y and Watashi was pretty nice.
The ending song was so good that it suited perfectly when Watashi realize she forgot something and started looking for it (the fairy).
And the part in which the fairy caming out the robot made watashi cry was so beautiful that I almost tear up... Watashi isn't already alone now =')
Watashi turned out to be for me the best character of this season, better than Kirito or Oreki.

Pleasant ending... 9/10 for the whole show. A very very unique show.
Sep 17, 2012 5:27 AM
Jul 2012
Damn it the music which play when Watashi found out about their tea party's true personality scare the heck out of me

this is still one of the best series anime for me given more in the psychological feeling
Sep 17, 2012 5:41 AM
Jun 2008
well this is real show stealer on the season so now

main now in wild rose tea club seem normal mention Y used to be on it then main find Y collecting books on "Y-male" give Y said keep it quiet cause got info to save main.

cause Y show main the wild rose are bunch of crazy chicks from curse stars, hair collection, drinkers, & curly is a YANDERE so yea main & Y team-up to own tea group.

then later main, Y, & wild roses all made up & all peace good yea all well then all grad from school then main's recall of school years Y visit main & give main a green robot from school which reveal green fairy she meet in school & have dream tea with green fairy.

the end.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 17, 2012 6:04 AM

Nov 2009
HHD will become a hidden masterpiece...and it looks like Hyouka, SAO and Little Busters!(you heard it) will have a run for their money with this anime's great value. Reserved for anime of the year 2012!

Watashi becomes another favorite character of mine for awhile, and while she indeed had her own humane/social flaws, oh boy she's still such a role model having a "swiss-style neutral" educative deadpan personality ^_^

Her perspective about society, the ideologies about fairies, and the show's satirical depiction of reality should not be taken seriously...although these accounts have taken subtly sarcastic hints on what our worldly current reality is in fact suffering: "Humanity has indeed Declined"...and still "Declining". 9/10 :3

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

119 by ManuelFragment »»
Apr 23, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 22, 2012

124 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

144 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 12, 2012

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 5, 2012

126 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.