Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 17, 2012 4:47 AM
Jun 2008
well just watching this whole series give bit decent yet whole big battle lasted a whole ep give lib vs nova end a draw?

with winner is mam noto's characters yet get save papa boss also stay single.

give unaired ep coming if pull a s2 like yea say it an offer you can't refuse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeldwfOwuL8
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 17, 2012 5:03 AM

Feb 2012
Okay, I was very disappointed after watching the ending. I followed the whole series just for the battle, but it ended up being so rushed that I couldn't even appreciate it. And what? Felicita wins the battle? I thought the main point of the battle was for her to find a husband who could protect her. I enjoy watching harems/reverse harems, but I hate it when the main character doesn't chose anyone or ends up choosing friendship over love.

6/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 17, 2012 5:27 AM

Aug 2007
The final was acceptable. Ok, the anime wasnt what I expected but I have to admit was enjoyable.
Sep 17, 2012 5:37 AM

Sep 2010
This series is 5/10 from me. Luca and Debito are lovely, but overall I didn't like this series so much.
Sep 17, 2012 6:34 AM

Apr 2010
That was absolutely predictable. Not to mention boring.
Sep 17, 2012 6:35 AM

Mar 2011
disappointed with the duel, but the 2nd half was pretty good
A decent series
6.5/10
Sep 17, 2012 7:49 AM
Jun 2008
The most boring show I've seen in a while.
Sep 17, 2012 9:07 AM

Dec 2011
My opinion about this series? Meh. Meh is the only way to describe it.
The only thing I liked in these series was art. It was decent. It was wasted on such boring series like this.
I really had more expectations for Arcana Famiglia.
I give Arcana Famiglia 4/10.
Sep 17, 2012 9:27 AM

Jun 2010
I don't know man. I don't hate this series but I didn't enjoy it at all. Pretty mediocre Anime. At least it's watchable. Not a bad Anime to pass time.

6/10

I hope J.C Staff doesn't screw up like this in LB.
Sep 17, 2012 9:34 AM

Dec 2009
So this is what we got after waiting for a long ass time for the Duello?
Oh my freaking GOD! Talking and re-used footage. This shit is unbelievable.

There is absolutely nothing good in this piece of garbage of an anime.
The characters are staying in the dark because we only saw Nova and Liberta bickering ALL THE TIME.

The animation was BAD, The art was BAD, The voice acting was good only because of the amazing staff, but it was wasted because of the unwatchable work from the animators, who made the characters look soo shitty and DERPY when speaking....

Holy shit. When did the Arcana powers become from a personal talent to just a random mish mash. Why did the sword fly back to Liberta? I thought his power had something to do with fire?
What did Nova do with his power in the battle? I thought his power was putting people to sleep`..... This makes no sense....

Cool seeing the Mama in action though... NOT ENOUGH TO SAVE THIS CRAAAAAAAP!!!

2/5 for the episode. 3/10 for the series.
Sep 17, 2012 9:46 AM
Sep 2009
Very disappointed to the ending
Sep 17, 2012 11:06 AM
Aug 2012
This Episode was very amazing. i love this anime and it was very exciting for me :)
I dont know why so many people hated this episode so much, it was great :)
Sep 17, 2012 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
Finally, this shit comes to an end. Seriously Felicità knocks out, Debuto, Pace, and Luca in 15 seconds total OKAY no fighting just them being downers.

5/10 for me. I should drop it to a 4, but usually scores lower then a 4, go on my drop list.

VPYahiro said:
This Episode was very amazing. i love this anime and it was very exciting for me :)
I dont know why so many people hated this episode so much, it was great :)

this guy on crack
TyrelSep 17, 2012 1:01 PM
Sep 17, 2012 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
Wowwwwwwwww talk about anticlimatic.

Wasn't expecting much for the duel tbh, though seriously... how did she beat Debito, Pace and Luca?! How did she beat... uh... anyone?! Arcana powers seemed to kind of lose it as well, especially in Liberta and Nova's duel... I mean, Nova's power is sleep. Wtf is with the flaming blue sword. (And why didn't he just arcana all his opponents to sleep?! Uh...)

It was okay, I guess. So much wasted potential, though... still, I might play the game sometime.
Sep 17, 2012 1:31 PM

Mar 2010
Wow. I don't think I've seen a worse final episode. This was utter nonsense. As much as I'm into gender equality and all, a small teen girl beating the crap out of adult men and having no wounds and not being tired at all? Seriously? What world does the scriptwriter live in? What the hell was all that bullshit about "growing up"? She (and everyone else, maybe only Nova) haven't changed AT ALL since the show started. What happened to those Arcana powers? Did they forget about them during their duels with her? Why was every battle done with strategy "charge and don't think"? Where was Jolly the whole time? Didn't everyone with Arcana powers have to join the fight? What the hell was with the ending? That was plain awful! They chose the stupidest and the most predictable ending. Not to mention that I generally hated endings "and everything returned to normal". I feel like it kills the whole point of the show. 1/5

Now, to the whole anime. No character growth, very little plot, the battles were done in a plain dumb way, false/deceiving advertising, most of the characters could have been easily replaced by one and aside from the first and last episode the "Arcana Famiglia" did no "Regalo protecting" instead they fooled around and ran errands. Of course, this did have interesting/entertaining/funny moments and characters so it wasn't all that bad. I give this 4/10.
Sep 17, 2012 1:32 PM

Dec 2009
Vapz said:

The only thing needed to be said about this episode.
Sep 17, 2012 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
LOL if the fights weren't rushed I don't know what is lol they all get knocked out by Felcita without even seeing the fights they just say they lost
Sep 17, 2012 2:20 PM

Jul 2012
Vapz said:

Wasn't expecting much for the duel tbh, though seriously... how did she beat Debito, Pace and Luca?! How did she beat... uh... anyone?! Arcana powers seemed to kind of lose it as well, especially in Liberta and Nova's duel... I mean, Nova's power is sleep. Wtf is with the flaming blue sword. (And why didn't he just arcana all his opponents to sleep?! Uh...)

It was okay, I guess. So much wasted potential, though... still, I might play the game sometime.

omg so true ._.
liberta has the power to wish anything to come true
nova can put people to sleep

...and what can felicita do? read hearts and do fortune wheels... =.= how the hell did she even beat the others? like how?
MayukaSep 17, 2012 2:24 PM
Sep 17, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2011
There was hardly any point in the main cast fighting the nobodies in the preliminary rounds. They mostly one-shotted them without arcana use. I was more interested in how all the major arcana holders would battle each other anyways and in the end, not all of them even participated. I would have liked less emphasis on Liberta and Nova (this applies to the whole series) and more attention on the ones who were sulking with Jolly. Their battles with Felicita weren't given any second thought. It makes me wonder how she won these battles, did she kick them in the family jewels or something?

Yeah it was insanely rushed, even the Duello which I was looking forward to since the first episode, only started in the finale. Even then, it was mostly an average sword fight. Might as well forget about their arcana powers entirely.

Heh, I find the negative views on this show entertaining but I can see the reasons why. This show is a mess sometimes but there were aspects I liked such as the gorgeous island setting and the names of the characters. I appreciated the use of the OP and ED songs in this episode very much too.

For a show which I thought had a great first episode, I feel slightly conned at what was given to me at the end. They could have taken a different direction like focusing on protecting Regalo from crime or maybe starting the Arcana Duello earlier and giving the spotlight on how each character can use their powers strategically in battle. I didn't think it was an awful show but it just could have been so much better. 5/10.
Sep 17, 2012 4:28 PM

Jul 2009
Finished as it started - hint of a fight, hint of romance and a hint of a plot, but in the end, nothing, boring.
What's worst is it stuck out the typical formula of many, MANY interesting characters subject to the status minor whilst we're left with same old story; teen angst shines threw thrashing any storyline, featuring stroppy girl, high enegry boy and low energy boy - who will she choose if the 95% chance that the series ends without a pairing somehow doesn't play out as usual.
It's my fault, I don't know why I got duped into this, I found ep' 1 silly and I'm getting old. :(
I have dropped some anime this year, but this has been the worst. :o

Sep 17, 2012 7:25 PM

May 2008
...welp gotta admit this episode was the worst and totally rushed. Not what I expected and it was sorta boring..

I'm still giving it an 8/10 cause I overall did enjoy the anime and the characters..just not this last episode.

Sep 17, 2012 10:18 PM
Dec 2011
And there you have it, ladies and gents: the worst anime of the season, Arcana Famiglia.
Not getting more than a 5 or am I being generous?! (>,>)
Sep 17, 2012 11:14 PM
Jun 2012
27CansOfTuna said:
Bigbuffoon said:
WTF is with this series

If it's intended for boys, it lacks that battle 'umph'. There were abilities, but underused. If it's for girls, it lacks the harem romance factor. There were no romantic scenes; no wonder why Felicità's struggling in choosing a partner.

I watched this series because it had good animation and a mediocre but bearably decent storyline, but this last ep just blows :P

The anime is a SHOUJO ROMANCE, when were you under the impression that it was intended for boys, even the source material for the game it is an adaptation of an otome.

Most of the comments here dont make sense. How was their filler or that they rushed into things, we clearly went through the two months that was from the announcement of the Duello to the actual Duello itself where the characters matured enough to be able to use their Arcana powers comfortably. I dont know where people had the idea that it would be a Shounen Battle Anime...

Everything in the previous episodes that led up to the Arcana Duello was pointless. Debito, Luca, and Pace's past with Jolly was brought up, but Jolly didn't even compete. Mondo is dying and the only way for him to be saved is for Felicita to choose someone to love. Felicita- "I can't choose between them"...The Lovers- "oh well, I tried". Liberta and Nova conquered their pasts and were able to use their Arcana Powers. That's awesome, but they couldn't even use them the right way. Nova's power forces people to lose consciousness. In a knockout tournament, that seems like an extremely useful ability. How his power changed from that to making his sword shiny is beyond me. Same thing with Liberta. He can say "freeze" and his opponents would stop in their tracks, he could say "sleep" and they'd lose consciousness, but he chooses "return"...really?. Imagine Luffy telling his crew that they'd meet up in two years. They finally meet again but realize someone's already found One Piece. Imagine Edward Elric and all the FMA characters getting ready for the Promised Day, but when it comes around, they realize that someone's already beaten the homunculi. Imagine Naruto training to control the 9 tails power and leaving the island to go to war, just to realize that the war has already ended. Everything that happened previously in all 3 series would have felt pointless. That's exactly how watching that episode of Arcana Famiglia felt

Also, people think it's rushed because they put an entire tournament in one episode, and didn't show the full fights of practically every main character, even though those fights were being built up and hyped since the first episode.
Sep 17, 2012 11:52 PM

Nov 2011
Well, it didnt end the way i expected at least. So if anyone wants to watch this show i can just tell them to watch the 1st and last eps

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 18, 2012 1:04 AM

Jul 2011
It was a disappointing end for a disappointing series.

5/10
ainkySep 19, 2012 11:21 AM
Sep 18, 2012 2:29 AM

Mar 2011
3some ending... it was okay..

I'm gonna miss my Jolly~
Sep 18, 2012 5:35 AM

Feb 2010
Bambina made it.~ 5/10
Sep 18, 2012 5:58 AM

May 2009
What a shit anime. I have not been this disappointed in a long time in an anime. Christ what a waste.
Sep 18, 2012 7:22 AM
Sep 2012
I haven't been here for every long, nor have I watched a ton of Anime.

But I just need to ask, if an Anime this terrible doesn't deserve something as low as a 2/10...what does deserve something that low?

Imo this Anime was horrendous in everything except art quality.
Sep 18, 2012 2:01 PM
Nov 2011
Mehh!!! 5/10

I was wondering how they were going to do the last episode but I think the ending just kinda sucked

Fighting was alright, they could have established the battles better D:

As for the romance concept, it was just kinda lame! I know it's hard (kinda like shugo chara, picking between Tadase and Ikuto) but I think EITHER Nova or Liberta should have been picked.

I get that this ending gives the "happy everything is back to normal" ending but it really should end with an emotional moment D:
Sep 18, 2012 2:03 PM
Nov 2010
1 out of 5: Hated it (your vote)

36 30.25%

highest rating here is 1/5.
So, it's generally accepted that it was bad.
Sep 18, 2012 8:31 PM

Jun 2011
well a predictable ending after a crap load of fillers. Cant really hate it though.
ヽ(  ̄д ̄;)ノ

Sep 19, 2012 1:16 AM
Mar 2012
I really felt the last episode was really rushed and made fast-forwarded, the fights between Liberta and Dantie was epic with the fight between Mama and Nova second best .... But the rest was like naaah ... they didnt even dramatize the last fight and saved Papa so quick before we even could have thought about a second season.
Well the OVA could be a must watch ... and that's a big COULD
Sep 19, 2012 2:25 AM
Nov 2010
arrghhh I can't believe I finished that super dragging and super shallow shoujo-I-thought-shounen anime arcana familigia. =.= geez. My time was wasted and I let it be!!! I was really hoping for a good comeback at the end. but!!!! it was disaster!! =.=

Since the start of ep 11 I can't help myself to fast forward or else I'll punch my laptop. Argh, what's up with the irritating voices of the announcers during the duello? And what's up with the non sense and short cut fights of debito, luca and pace?? And above all else, WHAT'S UP WITH THE DUMB, THE MOST IRRITATING HEROINE EVER, FELLICITTA?! argh. =.=
Sep 19, 2012 5:44 AM

Apr 2012
I actually enjoyed the series but I really hate the last episode. It really brought down everything that I've liked about Arcana Famiglia. No seriously. 6.5/10, scoring a 6 on MAL. If they only made the last episode better might've scored this a 7 or an 8.

WTF LAST EPISODE. WTF?

But seriously going to miss Debito. AHAHAHA.

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Sep 19, 2012 10:19 AM

Dec 2008
Haha that must be a joke, a total reset ending, overall the story was terrible.
They could have done something more interesting with this cast instead of such cheesy and predictable :(

Well, I laughed quite hard while facing my disbelieve when following the route this episode took.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2012 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
One episode for the duello? Lame.
It was okay, although i wanted to see Felicita actually fight the first three....
The rest was pretty cheesy and i literally predicted everything that played out.

It's watchable if you know it's there for the shoujo element and mainly want to watch it for the (actually somewhat nonexistent for me) shoujo element.. Otherwise this show will bore you to death.
6/10 for me. It might have been totally good if some of the characters weren't so....bleh. Looking at you Felicita.
Sep 20, 2012 4:46 AM

Feb 2011
I won't even bother with stating why exactly this episode was so friggin horrible and the worst of the whole series.

I'm just glad this is over. Definetely the worst series this year, yet.

Just barely made it to a 2/10.
Sep 20, 2012 3:25 PM

Nov 2011
too fucking short duello i thought this will be the main event ... and in the end nothing changed... -.-'
5/10 changed my mind 3/10
Sep 20, 2012 4:33 PM
Feb 2012
Meh...Didn't expect much anyways...was a so and so ending...can't complain since I knew what I was going to get from the beginning I started to watch it lol.

I did laugh at Felicita beating Pace, Debito and Luca though.
I expected more from the fighting however in the duello...oh well no big loss.

5/10 overall....for now...may lower it....I'll see...prob being to generous ;o
Sep 20, 2012 5:56 PM

Dec 2008
Bad series is bad and its creators should feel bad.

1/5 for this episode.
3/10 for the overall series.
Sep 21, 2012 3:32 PM

Sep 2007
This show felt really rushed. Woud've loved to get more background info on all the char. specially papa and jolly and who the person who's name was on the gravestone in an earlier episode were. So many questions left unaswered really lowered the score for me. It was also a disappointment that there wasn't any really cool duels in what was supposed to be the climax for the whole show, no to metion the open ended romance. Guess I really shouldn't have expected anything else from an anime from an otome game...
Gave it 7/10 since it had so much potential, but I'm probably changing it to 6/10 later.
Sep 22, 2012 5:56 AM

Mar 2012
Guess gonna delete all the episodes I had downloaded.. No good for rewatch..
Keep moving forward
Sep 22, 2012 7:26 AM

Jul 2012
2easy4AgEnT said:
Guess gonna delete all the episodes I had downloaded.. No good for rewatch..

Same here, even though I really like the games. There's no way I'm going to watch this again.
Sep 23, 2012 8:37 PM

Apr 2010
i thionk this anime would've been more popular if it had more actions.
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Sep 25, 2012 2:38 PM

Feb 2010
Dafuq have I wasted my time watching?! Ugh.

I'd give this a 2/10... but I'm making it a 4/10 because Debito + Jolly + Luca had some episodes where they were featured.... and they are SEXY...

but yeah 4/10. I will most certainly NOT watch any OVA unless it promises extreme fanservice of the above gentlemen.
Sep 25, 2012 3:24 PM

Nov 2007
I started getting into this, but wow that ending was stupid.

What exactly was the point? They build up to a choice so she can save Papa. They build up to Nova and Liberta's feelings and this whole tournament.

In the end ..... NONE OF IT MATTERED. STUPID.

They fight and they give the stupid draw. Nobody wins. Okay fine Felicita is still going to pick someone right? NOPE. She saves him anyway despite having to pick a lover. Cop out.

What happened to Debito? Pace? The other guy? Oh they somehow lost to Fel in a few seconds, and it couldn't even be shown. WHAT?

Why was Mama even in the tournament?

I don't even know what to say. I wanted to give it a 6. Now I feel like a 4. I'll just leave a 5 for now. Still that was really really pointless. Nothing changed. Nothing was resolved.
Sep 25, 2012 4:00 PM

Dec 2009
mystik said:
Why was Mama even in the tournament?

Because she obviously didn't want to be the Mama. She wanted to be the Papa while the old Papa becomes the Mama.

OR She wants to marry her daughter.
Sep 27, 2012 4:02 PM

Dec 2009
Can I explain my hate towards that ending?
This anime started nice, it was slow-paced but I found it to be quite nice, I even gave it a 10 in the beggining. All the characters seemed somehow interesting, some more than others. Luca was definitely the one who caught my attention ever since the beggining, but there was no development for him. He seemed to have a nice backstory with Jolly and I would have liked it to be shown instead of just stupid comments like "we were Jolly's experiments". It would have been better if they hadn't said anything at all 'cause it only made me more curious.
Ok, now the ending: What kind of fight was that? Felicita won Debito, Pace and Luca that fast? I mean, Pace I can even understand 'cause his first fight was stupid, but the other two, come on. That girl was stupid, naive and seemed powerless, so how and why? Just because it was her destiny? Oh please. And from the 9th episode or something to the final the spotlights were for Nova and Libertá, both boring characters. Debito seemed far interesting than them.
AND THAT WISH OF HERS I feel like I could rip my eyes out.

Oh, and let's not even mention the fact that the anime was suposed to be about the Arcana Duello, but this winded up being the last thing and was damn rushed.
If I want a second season? Not that I really care, I mean, beside the other characters development what more is left to show?

7/10 < Lost 2 points for that stupid ending.
Sep 28, 2012 11:52 PM
Jul 2012
The series was good, an interesting concept. It just wasn't played out right. It lacked interesting episodes, from time to time they were good, and overall good actions scenes. The final episode wasn't from climatic, the fighting was lack-luster, weak, short, and not finale worthy. Though, I can't say the songs were bad :)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

59 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

98 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 8, 2012

126 by Swiggy »»
Jan 10, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

56 by jackielouise »»
Jul 29, 2021 4:35 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2012

61 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2021 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.