Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 2, 2012 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

LOL, the co splaying continues and there's even some action fighting some bad guys. Funny kids. But you know, when a real villain comes, you better run and catch him! Go Red Ranger!

It looks like the vice principal is having some struggles of her own though..as the singing reminds of her past.

God, I lol'd my ass off laughing at that song
Stark700Sep 2, 2012 8:49 AM
Sep 2, 2012 11:51 AM

Aug 2008
WHAT A FABULOUS EPISODE.

I hope Wakana enjoy writing her music.
Sep 2, 2012 12:23 PM

Jul 2010
Haha, what a spirit Wien has. After getting punched in the face and kicked (not to mention running full throttle), he still manages to sing the theme without hesitation. No wonder the thief submitted easily after that.

Takakura-sensei still having flashbacks which are bothering her.
Sep 2, 2012 3:23 PM

Jul 2012
Somehow I finished this episode, unfulfilled. I guess I was too attached to the fact that I don't like the superheroes thing ...

Anyway, Wien really was a badass. I really like how the episode ended, and that chasing scene was so awesome. Sadly, I think Wien's arc could develop more, as it seems like he didn't resolve it — he just let it be.

I like the conversation between Wakana and Naoko, and also all the flashbacks in this episode. I think now we know more why the group is a 'Vocal Group', and no more a 'Choir Club'. So, Wakana, be happy, and I think you can finish that song. :)

Next episode, it's going to be awesome for sure after this superheroes stuff. Oh, I think we saw that they're going to be in winter uniform (I like them) and pretty sure that the school is going to either be teardown or reconstruct ... drama alert!

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Sep 2, 2012 3:25 PM

Apr 2008
Haha, great ep with them being heroes :D

Their teacher probably haven't cried one tear for Wakana's mother, even though she's probably very sad about it.
She should just cry and get it out, that's much better.
Looks like she's hurting a lot.

Sep 2, 2012 3:27 PM
Oct 2010
LOL, Wein managed to freak out the thief.
Des said:
Their teacher probably haven't cried one tear for Wakana's mother, even though she's probably very sad about it.
Yeah, maybe she wouldn't take it all out on Konatsu if she did.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 2, 2012 3:40 PM

May 2012
I'm really curious on the full convo between Wakana's mother and Naoka, I'm sure the flashback shown was only part of it. Hopefully we'll find out soon. Man can't believe its nearly over =(
Sep 2, 2012 4:07 PM

Oct 2011
Wein. Just Wein.... I wonder how that thief managed not to scream or pass out.
That was creepy part - guy may go to jail but mental damages will be irreversible :3
In other words: Good job!

I like this series more and more TBH... blond girl is no longer in the center, Wien became bearable and Takakura-sensei backstory was good this time.
Plus she's not as evil as she tries to look like. But that was clear for the whole time.
Sep 2, 2012 4:07 PM

Jan 2012
Do Austrians have the power to run as fast as bikes? Seems like it.
Sep 2, 2012 4:08 PM
Jul 2009
Des said:

Wakana will get her to cry soon enough. She's already all tsundere for Wakana. Just wait till she hears the song. A freaking river is going come out of her eyes. lol
Sep 2, 2012 4:38 PM

Jul 2011
LOL. If I were that thief, I would be freaked out (I think he was though).

Wien and the singing at the end was great. XD

MirorinSep 2, 2012 4:42 PM
Sep 2, 2012 4:38 PM
Oct 2010
i see why teacher came off like a cunt. shes probably pretty damaged about her friend :( hope to see some resolution there before the series ends. wein so bamf toward the end
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 2, 2012 4:53 PM

Feb 2012
Great and hilarious ep. Man, last time I saw stuff like this was back when I was like 10 years old watching power rangers back in 98 or something lol.

Seeing Sawa and her mom in those tights was pretty awesome.
Sep 2, 2012 4:55 PM

Dec 2011
1idd0kun said:
Des said:

Wakana will get her to cry soon enough. She's already all tsundere for Wakana. Just wait till she hears the song. A freaking river is going come out of her eyes. lol

lol totally agree that's whats gonna happen. She looks like she's so full of burden and regret =/

But LOL at the ending, you know it goes beyond slice of life when you can dress up as a power ranger and start singing the theme tune to stop a thief Dx..*sigh* only if the real world was that sweet~

Looks like they're planning to knock something down in the school..but I'm almost certain that the Power of Music will prevail! (sry..kind of in the mood xP)
Sep 2, 2012 6:03 PM

Jul 2010
Last singing scene was just too hilarious XD.Thief reaction was priceless.
Episode in overall was amazing.I can somehow feel how their friendship is getting stronger and stronger :D.
Vice-president starts to show some emotions.

5/5 really good.
Sep 2, 2012 6:12 PM

Aug 2010
1idd0kun said:

Lol I was thinking the same thing when her and Wakana were talking.
I love this freaking anime.... and Wakana. :3
Sep 2, 2012 6:28 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was so awesome. Wien definitely went all out and basically lived his dream of being a superhero.
Sep 2, 2012 6:52 PM

Dec 2007
Those fake battles were hilarious.

I suspected the bike guy would do something. It was weird panning a shot of him the previous time.
Sep 2, 2012 6:55 PM

Jan 2011
lolz worthy episode that thief probably thinking Wien was more of a psycho then a superhero :P.

clocks ticking till that teacher just breaks down the way this is going her tough act won't last.
Sep 2, 2012 6:57 PM

Jun 2012
This episode had me rolling in laughter. Especially the end. However, the thing is, the superhero thing might be embarrassing, but it gets even more embarrassing once you realize that we've ALL been like Wien; i.e. pretending to be a superhero.
Sep 2, 2012 7:18 PM

Oct 2011
Really funny episode, reminds me of the days when I was acting like a Power Ranger as well. Though it was only jumping offa walls and pretending explosions were behind me and shyt.

Still..... I can't believe Wien outran a freaking bicycle. Those things are fast!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2012 7:52 PM
May 2012
Why do I have this Super Sentai/power Rangers Vibe after I'm watching this ep?! :D

Time to catch this episode up anyway rather than being so over-emotional after what happened at Rinne No lagrange till my head really bothers me (Funny that both Lan & Konatsu were the same VA).
JafriZinSep 2, 2012 8:07 PM
Sep 2, 2012 8:04 PM

Dec 2011
Wien was just awesome! and I love how they started singing the theme song around the bad guy.

Another great episode and can't wait for for the next one ^^

Sep 2, 2012 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
Sawa is still the best. Wakana with that falsetto comes a close second.
Sep 2, 2012 8:25 PM

May 2010
the vp is a all out right tsundere and Maeda was feeling him self way to hard at the end
Sep 2, 2012 8:56 PM

Mar 2012
That robber just might be scarred for life.
Sep 2, 2012 9:05 PM

Jan 2008
TravSavage said:

I belt he felt all 5 of them were mentally retarded or something when they started singing.

Overall, it was a fun episode.
Sep 2, 2012 9:32 PM

Jul 2010
MM-Rosiie said:
LOL. If I were that thief, I would be freaked out (I think he was though).

Wien and the singing at the end was great. XD

At least it isn't rated low in Japan. This Biglobe poll has it as the third most popular show after SAO and Hyouka!

(Of course, that is among Biglobe users that responded to the poll...)

Asakurabaka said:
1idd0kun said:
Des said:

lol totally agree that's whats gonna happen. She looks like she's so full of burden and regret =/

But LOL at the ending, you know it goes beyond slice of life when you can dress up as a power ranger and start singing the theme tune to stop a thief Dx..*sigh* only if the real world was that sweet~

Looks like they're planning to knock something down in the school..but I'm almost certain that the Power of Music will prevail! (sry..kind of in the mood xP)

Yep. Nao is really suffering, and it certainly looks like the issues she was railing on the Principal about last week have to do with the potential end of the school. I think that her grief over Mahiro's death and the potential loss of the school that they both loved so much when they were students is going to boil over into one whopping huge emotional explosion by the normally cold as ice Vice Witch!
Sep 2, 2012 9:56 PM

Dec 2011
Wien for the heroic epic win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hands down. 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2012 10:34 PM

May 2012
Poor thief.. Haha.. He might be pretty scared to do it again...

Just can't stop laughing when Wein started singing.. he is really too serious about everything.. Love him more!!!!!
Sep 2, 2012 10:44 PM

Nov 2010
This Ep was Wi(e)n!!!

Frigging LOVE this man's spirit! XD
Looks like the School maybe in trouble... Can't WAIT for more eps! Definitely an underrated anime here in MAL.
Sep 2, 2012 10:47 PM
May 2012
Wi(e)nning!

EchoesOfMana said:
This Ep was Wi(e)n!!!

Frigging LOVE this man's spirit! XD
Looks like the School maybe in trouble... Can't WAIT for more eps! Definitely an underrated anime here in MAL.

Indeed.
Sep 2, 2012 11:23 PM

May 2012
ORE NO UTA WO KIKE!!!
Sep 2, 2012 11:30 PM
Sep 2012
my first post ! I love this anime!! Is it just me or is the humming on the beach from Wakana's mother from flashback sounds very familiar?! Anyone know where that melody is from or what that song is called? Episode 10 about 14minutes going in. Love that melody

FOUND IT it's the ending of episode 2!
bakaz7Sep 2, 2012 11:37 PM
Sep 3, 2012 12:50 AM

Jul 2012
Paul said:
TravSavage said:

I belt he felt all 5 of them were mentally retarded or something when they started singing.

Just imagine stealing someone's purse and then have the owner dressed up as a power ranger along with her friends chasing after you while singing their theme song. I'd rather be arrested than have something like that happen.
Sep 3, 2012 1:09 AM

Sep 2008
I smell a conspiracy to utilize high school choirs to take over the world. The principal was forced to aid in this scheme and the vice-principal knows about it. However, the Tari Tari rangers will be ready.
Sep 3, 2012 2:03 AM

Sep 2010
Paul said:
TravSavage said:

That moment was classic..... :D

This episode balanced comedy and drama well.....
Sep 3, 2012 2:21 AM

Nov 2010
That Vienne, his dorkiness made him so awesome
Sep 3, 2012 2:49 AM

Feb 2012
Good lord, so many embarrassing moments and that thief was either ridiculously slow or they just didn't care about realism if Wien could catch up with him. Wien's arc was quite disappointing, the boys just don't get enough time.

Maybe I should be happy that the vice principal is suffering (once again she was a bitch) but I'm not, can't wait for her reaction when she listens to Wakana's song.
Sep 3, 2012 3:20 AM

Jul 2012
WIEN IS WIN.
Sep 3, 2012 3:27 AM

Oct 2011
Damn I laughed so hard xD Wien is Win indeed!
Sep 3, 2012 3:56 AM

Aug 2009
This is the true essence of cosplay!^_^
Sep 3, 2012 4:25 AM

May 2012
we're all bro & sis
Konatsu's our beloved mom
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 3, 2012 4:39 AM
Aug 2011
I would have backed out when I saw how embarrassing it was initially. Wien was all alone and the crowd was like WTF O.o

PS: I've never seen a criminal get defeated like that before.

5/5
Sep 3, 2012 6:24 AM
Jul 2012
Laugh my Ass off seeing Market Rangers out of nowhere !!! XD XD XD

for the next episode i think Shyte happenned. And i think for the future episode they will break down the school......
b4hn5chSep 3, 2012 6:35 AM
Sep 3, 2012 6:27 AM

Aug 2007
Well... The teacher, Nao, now I think why she annoys the students, specially our protagonist.

Any way, this episode was funny.
Sep 3, 2012 6:50 AM
Jul 2009
minimiau said:
The teacher, Nao, now I think why she annoys the students, specially our protagonist.

You do realize that protagonist is Wakana. She's billed first in the ending credits.
Sep 3, 2012 7:21 AM

Jul 2007
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
PS: I've never seen a criminal get defeated like that before.

Watch Macross 7.

Awkward lols were had.
Sep 3, 2012 8:14 AM

May 2008
Wien is a Wienner there is no doubt about that . Hope he can send his letters to Jan :D. Tanaka didnt really have much of his story though which is kinda disappointing seeing as there is only 3 episodes left , i hope he do get some screentime . Also Konatsu, she really hasnt gotten much development other then the fact that she created this club.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 3, 2012 8:19 AM

Dec 2009
Probably the best episode, focusing on what makes the show great: the character and the lighthearted mood (and happiness).

But I have to ask.

Is Wien actually crazy?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

122 by ronicaio »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

166 by Tuti_ »»
Feb 21, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

269 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:16 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

99 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 9, 2012

115 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.