Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2012 2:16 PM
Aug 2010
MEsoJD said:
I started rewatching Eureka Seven and it's such a better show by leaps and bounds.

Why do people remind us in every thread http://i.imgur.com/49mK1.jpg
Aug 31, 2012 2:19 PM

Jan 2012
double bitch slap!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 31, 2012 2:37 PM

Jun 2010
Really liked the OST this episode.
It did give a bit of different but fitting feeling / atmosphere at some scenes (IFO testing, AO Tanaka discussion, AO calling, rescue of AO) in comparison with previous episodes.
Storyline is still all over the place, I just hoped they do not rush the final too much.
But (air)time management is a real drawback at anime.
Aug 31, 2012 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
Well I was very disappointed with this episode because of the preview of the last episode, with the no narration in it and we all expected something big was going to happen.

There should be another season, i can't see this show ending in 6 more episodes, at least not effectively.

Fleur, don't take that crap from Elena you started that crap and you have to finish it, Slap her back!!! I would like to see a cat fight ehh? Also I kind of wanted AO to stay with the US, mostly due to all the drama it would bring, Ao possibly fighting G BLEU. That would be a fun Twist IMO.AO x Fleur??? seriously though, it would be a bit weird if Fleur Confessed her love for AO (if she does have feelings for him) however, it is just soooo weird. Fleur confess her love, but then Ao Rejects her because of Naru. Darn shame. . . .
AnimaRO64Aug 31, 2012 3:07 PM
Aug 31, 2012 4:25 PM
Oct 2010
dat uss Reagan. so why she killed MIller?

like the use of real bases, ships in this. them against the world. awwyeah. hoping to see some robot vs robot action
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 31, 2012 4:51 PM
May 2012
The world is against them now?

もしかしたら・・・

http://youtu.be/Kb_ouOPveVE?t=2m7s

いやー、そらはあり得ない^^
Aug 31, 2012 6:11 PM

Jun 2012
But yeah, I think we can assume that the third engines are activated through emotions . Going on that, I think we can assume that Fleur has feelings for Ao (pretty obvious) thus activating her third engine. I have no idea about Elena but I don't think she likes Ao. I'd prefer Fleur and Ao to be honest, but the way they directed it, I think its gonna be Naru and Ao. Elena probably with Gazelle?
Aug 31, 2012 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
triforcebih said:
MEsoJD said:
I started rewatching Eureka Seven and it's such a better show by leaps and bounds.

Why do people remind us in every thread http://i.imgur.com/49mK1.jpg

stop it or i might just rewatch again :c!

as for the episode i don't really know what to say just hopefully we get to see renton by the end of this but i'm pretty sure we won't
Aug 31, 2012 7:35 PM

Oct 2008
LucarioNate said:
But yeah, I think we can assume that the third engines are activated through emotions . Going on that, I think we can assume that Fleur has feelings for Ao (pretty obvious) thus activating her third engine. I have no idea about Elena but I don't think she likes Ao. I'd prefer Fleur and Ao to be honest, but the way they directed it, I think its gonna be Naru and Ao. Elena probably with Gazelle?

Where are you getting that from? Gazelle must be at least in his early 20s, and Elena is only 15. Pedophilia aside, I don't see any sort of chemistry or implied relationship between the two, and Fleur's apparent crush on him doesn't seem to hold much substance, and is definitely one-sided (come on, he was all over Rebecka this episode).

Anyways, if this pace continues, I may have to bump this series down to a '7'; unless there's some sort of spectacular finale that none of us have seen coming, then I don't see this changing.

Unless, of course, this season is just the segue into the next; then I'll be fine with it.

Either way, we all want a kick-ass finale, whether it be concluding a season or series.
Aug 31, 2012 7:51 PM

Jan 2012
QuakerBits said:
The world is against them now?

もしかしたら・・・

http://youtu.be/Kb_ouOPveVE?t=2m7s

いやー、そらはあり得ない^^

Damn....Renton's subbed VA makes him sound like a b****. I like Eureka 7 better, although i do really like AO too....It'd be nice to see a second season so we can fully tie all the knots.
Aug 31, 2012 8:07 PM

Feb 2012
I wonder why I still watch this...

...Oh wait, I know, simply because it has "Eureka Seven" in it's name.

Except the wooden and unlikeable characters, Generation Blue company suits, completely mind blowingly illogical plotlines and the erratic and frankly batsh1t crazy character mood swings are not getting better episode by episode.

At one point I told myself that since it's time travel/dimensions and other crap - maybe they pull off a complete mindfuck in one episode ala Steins;Gate and the whole show turns upside down, but quite frankly I doubt that would help this trainwreck. Especially not with the cardboard cutout characters that E7 Ao has.

Oh and, the pet character started out as kind of cute but is now starting to be almost Jar-Jar Binks level of annoying. It's gotten to the point where when I see him, I wonder if sloth fur would make for good coats.
RoNin-87Aug 31, 2012 8:12 PM
Aug 31, 2012 8:10 PM

Jan 2008
Episode felt like... a bitch fit. BGM during last scene was nice though.
Aug 31, 2012 10:46 PM

Feb 2012
Two episodes later aaaaaand... we're back to square one. The whole act of Ao running away from home seemed so pointless. The only plot advancement I see is Gen Bleu making an enemy of US.

RoNin-87 said:

Except the wooden and unlikeable characters, Generation Blue company suits, completely mind blowingly illogical plotlines and the erratic and frankly batsh1t crazy character mood swings are not getting better episode by episode.

At one point I told myself that since it's time travel/dimensions and other crap - maybe they pull off a complete mindfuck in one episode ala Steins;Gate and the whole show turns upside down, but quite frankly I doubt that would help this trainwreck. Especially not with the cardboard cutout characters that E7 Ao has.

Exactly.
Aug 31, 2012 11:21 PM

Apr 2009
So essentially Generation Bleu just turned into Gekkostate now? o_O They still got that big ass base though i.e. until everyone tries to attack them. And then we'll get End of Evangelion scenes. XD Opps sorry, the time-traveling, and time-planes thing just screwed my head off my neck socket. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 1, 2012 12:59 AM

May 2010
Sigh *Faceplam*
Sep 1, 2012 1:44 AM

Jul 2012
It looks like one of the chiefs of BONES got bitten by someone from GAINAX and got "EVANGELION remake" disease.

RoNin-87 said:

Oh and, the pet character started out as kind of cute but is now starting to be almost Jar-Jar Binks level of annoying. It's gotten to the point where when I see him, I wonder if sloth fur would make for good coats.

Agree.
Sep 1, 2012 6:06 AM
Jun 2012
Not my favorite episode but was still entertaining.
Sep 1, 2012 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
I feel like this show attempts to use all these awesome plot devices and fails. Ao returns immediately, and Fleur ignores the fact that her best friend said she committed murder. I still don't know how or why, all they did was tell is she did do it, but how they knew each other made no sense.
Sep 1, 2012 12:59 PM
Oct 2011
QuiGonJon said:
firengrot said:
Anyone else noticed that anemone flower on the grave elena made?

i always though elena could be dominic and anemone s daughter :p.

Apparently child from coralian and humans have a hard time with the trappar density in eureka and renton timeline. and we know that elena remember eureka transporting her to this timeline. So i just though it could be plausible

O.O mind=blown. Got to admit that would be an awesome plot twist, and it fits :D

Woah cool.

Yeah, it would be so awesome if this ends up the case. :)

Gameprocjk said:
firengrot said:
Anyone else noticed that anemone flower on the grave elena made?

i always though elena could be dominic and anemone s daughter :p.

Ummm did you forget how many years this series took place before eureka seven They may be related however Elena cannot be dominic and anemone's daughter, Elena would more or less be a great great great great great grandmother

Actually, remember that with the time travel involved that's not necessarily required to be the case just like with Ao. Despite the show taking place in the "past" relative to E7, characters from post-E7 are influencing these events and have even traveled back here, as such Ao is still Eureka and Renton's son even though he's living in the "past". The same could be built around Elena if they want to. :)
DangerMouseDMSep 1, 2012 1:29 PM
Sep 1, 2012 1:17 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode, great directing... deserves 5/5.
Sep 1, 2012 1:23 PM
Nov 2007
a_guest said:
It looks like one of the chiefs of BONES got bitten by someone from GAINAX and got "EVANGELION remake" disease.

Well, that's been going on since the original series, hasn't it? It wouldn't be Eureka Seven if it wasn't ripping off Evangelion half the time.
Sep 1, 2012 2:34 PM
Feb 2012
Very uninteresting episode.

Smileeyface said:
Two episodes later aaaaaand... we're back to square one. The whole act of Ao running away from home seemed so pointless. The only plot advancement I see is Gen Bleu making an enemy of US.

^ Pointless is the word...
The trainwreck is definitely back.
vopiSep 1, 2012 2:44 PM
Sep 1, 2012 5:35 PM
Aug 2010
the_trainman said:

Smileeyface said:

On the other note: Im watching The Trainman drama. It's funny as hell.
Sep 1, 2012 8:14 PM
Oct 2007
I face-palmed quite hard when I saw the monitors and keyboards about 8 minutes into the episode :(
Sep 2, 2012 7:50 AM

Apr 2011
MALz_Otaku said:
Why did Ao join the gov?

He says he did it to protect BLEU, but then just goes and join them anyway.

He's only 13 give him a break he joined the gov so that his friends wouldn't get hurt and now since he is back with BLU the Gov wants to destroy him and his crew.
Sep 2, 2012 8:28 AM

Jul 2012
Does anyone know if the character design has changed since E7? It looks like it has
Sep 2, 2012 10:12 AM

Jul 2012
Why isn't it as good as Eureka Seven :(
Sep 3, 2012 7:14 AM

Mar 2008
Good grief, this show should get an award for all the times the bad attempt at character development ruins the overall plot (Ao escaped GenBleu just to come back at the simple request of his friends who didn't care for his reasons only his feelings, because in times of war who cares about reasons right?).I do hope we get a second season to justify the endless dragging of the episodes. The only interesting thing about this one was discovering Miller's true fate and still we don't know if Elena was telling it right because she doesn't seem quite sure about herself either. ugh.
Sep 3, 2012 7:21 AM

Jul 2011
Dangerr said:
Fleur's scar is from the operation her mother sacrificed herself for to save her life; from the car crash years ago.

lol I totally forgot this.
Sep 3, 2012 9:33 AM

Jul 2012
mirichan00 said:
Good grief, this show should get an award for all the times the bad attempt at character development ruins the overall plot (Ao escaped GenBleu just to come back at the simple request of his friends who didn't care for his reasons only his feelings, because in times of war who cares about reasons right?).I do hope we get a second season to justify the endless dragging of the episodes. The only interesting thing about this one was discovering Miller's true fate and still we don't know if Elena was telling it right because she doesn't seem quite sure about herself either. ugh.
power of Friendship rules all!
Sep 4, 2012 6:58 PM
Oct 2011
the_trainman said:

Smileeyface said:

Not even close.

I'd say it fully demonstrated how far Ao's come to integrating into his team, he left thinking he had to since he cares about them and they are willing to come for him, unlike they would have been earlier in the show where they naturally weren't even sure if they wanted him on the team. Elena was even going to force her way out of HQ to try and bring him back home to GB and how genuinely and passionately she pushed him to say what he really wanted, and Fleur was putting on an obvious fake front about the situation when she also wanted him to come back.

You and mirichan00 seemed to completely miss the fact that the only reason he left was that he felt he had to for his friends. With all of the weight on his shoulders it's not an entirely unexpected naturally-rash conclusion for a kid. Even if Fleur and Elena are combat pilots and know the general high risk of Gen Blue missions as well as the rest of his team, he no doubt rightfully concludes that the weight on his shoulders will lead them to even greater risk than usual not to mention the extreme dangers of being near his new weapon that inadvertently changed Team Goldilocks' history. Them coming for him proves he was wrong, they want him there anyway, it's why he smiles (inside he wanted them to come for him/hoped they would) when they come to bring him back and prove him wrong and that he shouldn't have left further growing them as team and demonstrating their growth as a team, that's nowhere near back to square one.
DangerMouseDMSep 5, 2012 2:09 AM
Sep 5, 2012 8:10 PM

Sep 2012
Was Fleur Pregnant at one time? Because of the flashback where Elena was talking about her boobs getting bigger while feeling her stomach. It seemed like a strange flashback. Also the whole thing with Elena I don't remember half the stuff with Elena cause she seemed like a minor character. But she went crazy this episode, plus i have a theory about her, remember how Eureka said her baby was a girl? What if Elena is Ao's sister?! I know mind Blown!
Sep 6, 2012 12:38 AM
Aug 2012
meetze2231 said:
Was Fleur Pregnant at one time? Because of the flashback where Elena was talking about her boobs getting bigger while feeling her stomach. It seemed like a strange flashback. Also the whole thing with Elena I don't remember half the stuff with Elena cause she seemed like a minor character. But she went crazy this episode, plus i have a theory about her, remember how Eureka said her baby was a girl? What if Elena is Ao's sister?! I know mind Blown!

well:

Fleur and her mom had a car wrack and both of them were dieing.
The doctors came to the conclusion that only one of the 2 could survive by transplanting the organs of one to an other.
Then fleur s father decided to save fleur sacrifing her mother.

The scar of fleur com from there, they transplanted the heart of her mom into herself. That s why she hate her father that much.Just because she think that her father should have saved her mom instead of herself.
Sep 6, 2012 2:06 PM
Aug 2010
meetze2231 said:
remember how Eureka said her baby was a girl? What if Elena is Ao's sister?! I know mind Blown!

You are 9 EPs late
Sep 16, 2012 2:56 AM

Jul 2008
Elena is psycho. Ao is an idiot, but an understandable one. He wiped out a whole team from history and feels bad about it.
Sep 16, 2012 2:58 AM

Jul 2008
aiNkyy said:
Dangerr said:
Fleur's scar is from the operation her mother sacrificed herself for to save her life; from the car crash years ago.

lol I totally forgot this.

Not so much the mom chose, it was her dad. Both were unconscious and the decision was his to make.
Sep 18, 2012 4:52 PM

Oct 2011
Once again we see that pinkish hair = crazy in yet another anime.
Lol it was awesome though.. I had a brief flashback of the Anemone days.

I wish there was another male around Ao's age, just because there's this constant question of if the girls like him or not and such. At this rate, I'm anti Naru x Ao, and Fluer's outward denial of feelings seems to only give her away..Plussss a Truth x Elena crazy relationship sounds awesome. I dunno.

We did see that she might have been jealous of Gazelle and Rebecca here, but it's probably a minor crush, if anything. G x R seems to be our "Holland x Talho" to an extent.

I bring up the romance because that played a big part in the original E7. Not that I'm asking for a shoujo here, but everything's implied here and there. I really miss the developing plots of side characters like E7 had, so maybe we'll continue to see more here with the others.

I also forgot about the story with the scar lol. I'm so used to being mindfucked at the end of each ep that I just didn't remember that.

At this point, though I LOVED my old E7 characters, I'll sacrifice needing to see them if we can just get more basis to love the new characters. They're interesting to a degree, but we need to see more of their different dynamics y'know?

Nov 29, 2012 3:21 PM

Jul 2012
Finally Elena your a hero.....she actually slapped back in most anime once they get slapped they either leave or start crying this bitch actually slapped back wow lmao
Jan 10, 2013 1:40 AM

Jan 2012
brb can't make up my pathetic mind so i'm just gonna go with the flow and join allied force

brb now i miss the old gang

brb let's go start a war by threatening the allied force just to get back shithead AO

brb wtf is this shit...
Mar 13, 2013 10:13 AM

Dec 2008
So, Elena admits that she killed Mirror and assumed her identity and that's the end of that? What the hell?!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 25, 2013 5:26 PM

Mar 2012
flaxman85 said:
brb can't make up my pathetic mind so i'm just gonna go with the flow and join allied force

brb now i miss the old gang

brb let's go start a war by threatening the allied force just to get back shithead AO

brb wtf is this shit...

dat logic. I have a bad feeling about the next episodes.
Aug 22, 2014 9:10 AM

May 2012
Some pretty decent development, but well I do wonder what's up next though.
Dec 26, 2017 4:41 PM
Mar 2012
That rad techno & kyubey doodle. Them two starting 3rd engine & becoming the enemy of the world the main plot.
Jelly beans & Noah.
Maggie is Allied forces in this new timeline.

Whole Ao leave-return feels silly contrived, but it's Gazelle's plan & all about character motivations.
Ao wants to keep the dangerous weapon away from Bleu to protect them, prevent another Goldilocks loss. And in Allied pov gun belongs to the world & too much for Bleu to handle. Their factions align but Allied has shown no expertise on IFO so was kinda pointless.
Elena murdered Miller from some identity crisis, eh!?
Fleur & Elena see friendship differently, as she keeps things secret & never pries into other's lives. Fleur's like anti-Truth. Then we get that teenage drama on an aircraft carrier.
Earlier Tanaka & Gazelle were together so possible they made plans. It's possible Gazelle's plan aligns with what Rebecka said of Eureka, that a mother is willing to go against the whole world. But this part is still a mystery.

Dec 13, 2021 3:24 PM

Feb 2012
Elena's technician is grumpy, and Fleur's technician is sleeping. Tired from working on the third engines on the IFOs.

So one grave is Miller's (or Miller's wig, rather), whom Elena murdered, and the other grave next to it is an empty one symbolising the boring life Elena wanted to discard (and replace it with Miller's stolen identity).

Does the flower that finally bloomed out of the other one represent Elena's true self being revealed?
Fortress_MaximusJan 2, 2022 2:51 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.