Forum Settings
Forums

Do you rewatch your completed / finished anime ?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 26, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2011
Nope, haven't rewatched ever. I might rewatch some anime in the future, but right now I'm not rewatching anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2012 1:41 PM

Oct 2011
I rewatch films, re-read manga and books, and re-listen music albums. Why anime should be different? ;)
Aug 26, 2012 1:44 PM

Mar 2009
I only re-watch my favorites. That and when I want to show to friends of mine, so I end up watching it again with them. I've seen the first 4 episodes of SAO too many times getting my friends into it. @_@
Aug 26, 2012 1:48 PM

Apr 2011
Of course. I plan to rewatch Ergo Proxy.
Aug 26, 2012 1:53 PM
May 2009
I probably would, but have too much in my "plan to watch" list. Also I don't enjoy re-watching something unless I forget parts of it or I'm watching it with friends.
Aug 26, 2012 1:55 PM
Apr 2012
I rewatched Ao no Exorcist twice.
Aug 26, 2012 2:18 PM

Aug 2012
I only rewatch the ones I really love like Death Note, HOTD, Hellsing and some Naruto Shippuden episodes

Gaichi said:
Only some of my favorites.
(Higurashi, School Days...)

school days is your favorite......... pls explain.
Aug 26, 2012 2:20 PM

Jan 2012
Hmm, only if its mindless anime.
Anime with a lot of plot isn't too fun to rewatch.

Digimon, Pokemon, Magical girl anime, Lucky Star (etc) are all easy re-watches
Aug 26, 2012 2:22 PM

Jan 2010
I've started re-watching Gintama recently. I guess I'm addicted to it.
Aug 26, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
Nope. :p

I don't really see the point in rewatching series&movies or rereading mangas&books unless you read/saw them (and loved them) so long ago that you've forgotten most of what happened in them.
Aug 26, 2012 4:24 PM
Hawk of Endymion

Oct 2009
Seeing as I buy everything I watch for the most part, I try to re-watch a lot of what I have to make it worth the investment.

Evangelion + EOE: watched 6 times
Gantz: watched 5 times
Noir: watched 4 times
Gundam Wing: watched 3 times
Haruhi: watched 3 times
Geass: watched 3 times
& various other I've watched twice.
RYOJI KAJI
[to Shinji] So, I understand you're living with Katsuragi.
SHINJI IKARI
Uh, yeah...
RYOJI KAJI
So, is she still so... wild in bed?
Aug 26, 2012 4:46 PM

Jul 2011
I've re-watched like %80 of my list at least once or twice. I normally put something I've completed on to fall asleep too.
Aug 26, 2012 5:03 PM

Mar 2009
Hardly but I have rewatched episodes before, not the whole series.
Aug 26, 2012 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
Sometimes, although usually just episodes rather than the entire series. The only time I rewatch a series is if it's been a long time since I've last seen it. Or if it's a .hack series, because usually if I start playing the games I'll have to watch some of the anime as well.

I did recently rewatch Cromartie High School because my internet was out, though.
Aug 26, 2012 5:15 PM

Aug 2012
I usually do either because the series was so damn good that I want to experience it again, either because I want a second season (or should I say didn't have enough of it) or because I want a better sum up of the series in order too fully understand what I just watched (I rewatched One piece, durararara!! a couple of times, code geass, I'm now thinking bout rewatching baccano!,...)
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Aug 26, 2012 6:28 PM

Jan 2012
I don't usually rewatch shows that I've completed. The only exception is it's been awhile since I've seen the show.
Aug 26, 2012 6:33 PM

Dec 2008
Kinda often, really. I do it with my favorites, and then if I want to show it to someone else I'll watch it with them, or just if I'm like, "Yeah, that series was cool/interesting/what happened in that scene again/whoa I wanna watch that one episode again except I'll rewatch three more episodes as a result," etc, etc.

It might explain why it takes me so long to finish some series sometimes. I'll sometimes go back and rewatch something if it catches me and I can't get it out of my head.
Aug 26, 2012 6:41 PM

Jul 2012
I think re watching is really pointless. The only time I re watched something was when I marathoned my Kuroshitsuji box set with my best friend (she had only read the manga).
Aug 26, 2012 6:50 PM

Aug 2010
Possibly if it's been a couple of years and I hardly remember anything, for I have a terrible memory when it comes to anime. Or of course, like everyone else, if it's one of my favorites.
Aug 26, 2012 7:34 PM

Mar 2012
CardcaptorKitty said:
Kinda often, really. I do it with my favorites, and then if I want to show it to someone else I'll watch it with them, or just if I'm like, "Yeah, that series was cool/interesting/what happened in that scene again/whoa I wanna watch that one episode again except I'll rewatch three more episodes as a result," etc, etc.

It might explain why it takes me so long to finish some series sometimes. I'll sometimes go back and rewatch something if it catches me and I can't get it out of my head.

^ This about sums up what I was going to say :p
Aug 26, 2012 8:03 PM

Apr 2012
The only anime I have "rewatched" thus far is 5 Centimeters per Second. That being said, I don't expect to rewatch any of the shows I have previously completed - with the exception of a select few, which I intend to rewatch at an eventual point.

Aug 26, 2012 9:51 PM
Aug 2012
Yep definitely, I mean I sometimes play a video game and then I need background noise so I throw up an anime I love but don't need to constantly pay attention to (i.e Trigun/Cowboy bebop/Get Backers etc.) So it's like I don't bother with the story but if there's a part I remember I like I watch it when it appears.
Also I've noticed in some animes you will find little hints/clue's etc. and it may make you appreciate the anime a lot more. I watched Trigun a few times, and sometimes I didn't notice something here and there, and the 2nd or 3rd time rewatching I picked them up and I'm like "OH!".

Also if you watch things that are fanbased subs.. they can have misleading context, so I sometimes download a different fanbased sub to compare it and perhaps an explanation of an event is phrased differently and makes sense. So there are REASONS why to re-watch anime. But of course, some anime I won't re-watch or take too long to re-watch.
Aug 26, 2012 11:17 PM

Aug 2012
i think the feeling of watching an anime for the first time, may not be the same again. because you lose the surprise and twist of the series. but i guess its fine as long as your having a good time. but its just a hypothesis hence iv'e never tried to rewatch, though i missed some of my fave anime.
Aug 27, 2012 2:19 AM
Aug 2012
i've just rewatched Clannad .. and im watching right now for the third time :P
Aug 27, 2012 2:52 AM
Mar 2010
I rewatch plenty of shows, they don't even have to be my favorite series

most common reasons I rewatch series:

1) to refresh my memory, if I've rated something 8 or higher but can't remember why
2) because it's so good I want to see it again
3) because I'm bored
Aug 27, 2012 4:00 AM

Aug 2012
I rewatch my favorite animes pretty often~
Aug 27, 2012 4:04 AM
Aug 2012
Those old animes back years i rewatch them sometimes~
Aug 27, 2012 4:11 AM

Oct 2011
If I enjoyed what I watched then most times I will rewatch.
Aug 27, 2012 4:15 AM

Apr 2012
Thought I saw a thread with this sort of title before..

Does not matter though, I have a tendency to re-watch certain animes that I like over and over again. Being that Japanese is not my maiden language I have to concentrate to read subs , listen and watch an anime. So if I want something simple in an evening I tend to watch something I did enjoy a lot.

as examples, High school Dxd .. Watched that I don't even want to say how many time And its not for the Echii scenes either.. Rosario + Vampire , Shuffle. Those are the ones I tend to re-watch a lot.

As for having more to watch yeah I have a lot I do want to see. And I usually run through a few series a week. Finding Jems though is a nice thing when you watch a lot of series.
Tiamat26Aug 27, 2012 9:41 AM

Aug 27, 2012 4:20 AM

Jun 2009
This topic has been done before...

Anyway, yes, I do rewatch stuff. Acually fairly often.
Aug 27, 2012 4:24 AM

Jun 2012
kusoatsui said:
I only rewatch the ones I really love like Death Note, HOTD, Hellsing and some Naruto Shippuden episodes

Gaichi said:

Do i really have to explain again?
Aug 27, 2012 5:36 AM

Apr 2012
I rewatch anime sometimes and I think reawatching your favourites is pretty much a given for a lot of people. I tend to rewatch all of my top rated anime and just because you could be watching an anime you haven't seen before doesn't mean it would be better or that you would enjoy it more. Try it out with your favourite and see what you think.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
Aug 27, 2012 5:42 AM

Jun 2012
Yep. Usually it's when I buy the box set, but ive re watched the odd series on my computer. And ive watched so many Nichijou clips on youtube (after watching the series), with many watched repeatedly, so that comes close to counting lol.
Aug 27, 2012 6:18 AM

May 2009
Tryss said:
I rewatch films, re-read manga and books, and re-listen music albums. Why anime should be different? ;)

QFT
Aug 27, 2012 8:48 AM

Jun 2012
Sometime's I rewatch anime if it has around 12 episodes(or if it is a favorite). I'll watch 2 episodes or so a day. Some anime I have rewatched are code geass, Hidan no aria, and some of bleach(about 40 episodes). If its good sometimes it deserves to be watched again.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 27, 2012 9:14 AM

Jun 2011
I definitely rewatch anime. In fact, if a show is good enough, I add it to my "rewatch worthy" pile and watch those shows every 2-3 years.
Aug 27, 2012 9:19 AM

Oct 2010
some, but i don't really see why to yet, maybe in 5 years time when i want to remember my favorite again, i have started to re read Gantz, only after about half a year of getting up to date any way, but i just love it. keep in mind you might not like anime you used to, i used to like shuffle!?! but now i cant stand it so i only managed to rewatch 4-6 episodes
Aug 27, 2012 9:46 AM

Jul 2010
re-watching the world god only knows season 1 as we speak er type!

Aug 27, 2012 9:47 AM
Feb 2008
I used to have Ouran and Fruits Basket on my computer so I would rewatch them a lot.
Otherwise, no.
It's actually bad though, I don't even remember a lot of the animes on my completed list because it's been so long
maybe I SHOULD rewatch them...
Aug 27, 2012 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
Sometimes, if I really liked it.
Aug 27, 2012 9:50 AM

May 2012
At the moment I cant see myself re-watching a whole anime over again but i've only just started watching anime for 1 year so that might change in the future. However I do enjoy re-watching random chunks of an anime on youtube if I come across it.
Aug 27, 2012 9:55 AM

Nov 2010
I've rewatched Code Geass, Elfen Lied and Clannad each like 5-10 times.
Some good fights from Naruto or Bleach a couple of times if I'm in the mood.
But right now I'm striked on new Anime to expand my horizon :D

ようやく世界は変わるナナリーが望んだ優しい世界が
Aug 27, 2012 10:33 AM

Sep 2010
Basicly just my favorites. I've watched Higurashi twice and I'm constantly thinking that I should watch it third time lol
Aug 27, 2012 10:51 AM

Jun 2007
I re-watch my 9-10/10s... eventually. Maybe my 8's if bored enough, as well. But anything below that and I'd probably end up watching something with that refreshing 'new' smell, instead.

I re-watch Gankutsuou and Death Note a good number of months back. But the likes of Spirited Away and Howl's Castle, which I NEED re-watch to grade accurately, years after watching?.... Naah.
Aug 27, 2012 12:25 PM
Dec 2011
Yup. Recently, I can't find anything that really interests me anime-wise. So throughout the past months I have rewatched Death Note and Code Geass.
Aug 27, 2012 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
all the time
Aug 27, 2012 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
had to add again.

there is a series i rewatched, every last second, b/c a friend of mine who i spend lots of time with, really wanted to see it.

that series is the original Naruto.

sometimes i wanted to claw my eyes out (see filler galore) but some was fun, like zabuza and haku.
Aug 27, 2012 1:22 PM

Aug 2012
OhNasti said:
kusoatsui said:

Gaichi said:

Do i really have to explain again?

Ok I have to admit kudos to him for fuckin all the girls he wants in freshman year but remember he was going out with kotonoha at the same time he went sexcrazy
Sep 6, 2012 11:51 AM

Aug 2012
i only rewatch aired anime when its been going for a long time. rewatching them is like watching a completed anime than watching it once a week. i'll probably rewatch the whole war arc from naruto shippuden until the next filler of filler arc again.
Sep 6, 2012 11:53 AM

Sep 2011
Off the top of my head, ive only rewatched Fullmetal Alchemist

But im planning to rewatch Code Geass and Death Note at some point
Follow me on twitter @jaywhy620 if you like wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) also I talk about anime occasionally and Follow me on Vine @ Awesome Wrestling
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 8 hours ago

12 by rohan121 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you track anime milestons?

zombie_pegasus - 15 minutes ago

3 by Kenzolo-folk »»
3 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

77 by Piromysl »»
9 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 5 hours ago

90 by Starfallash »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - Today

27 by zckfox »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.