Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2012 9:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Looks like more memories with Rokka this episode in the hospital. It also looks like Rokka is preparing to go on a form of trip at night? Hmm...

I loved some of the later brief bonding this episode and that cute forehead of Rokka's. Kawaii.

Overall, decent episode.

Stark700Aug 23, 2012 1:26 PM
Aug 23, 2012 9:40 AM

Nov 2007
He hung up on her phone without saying anything. The ghost guy is making the main guy a bad guy! She's going to chase him?

What the ghost guy draws will affect the main guy's fantasy world? The conscious is starting to get dangerous because he's constantly moving to memory and Mini Rokka has to save him. Seems like he found an exit?

And the ghost guy's purpose of "stealing" the small vase...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 23, 2012 10:00 AM

Mar 2011
I wonder if Hazuki will be able to go back to his body in the next episode.
Aug 23, 2012 1:31 PM

Jul 2010
So is Hazuki going to fight the fantasy or what?

Anyway, okay episode. I didn't like it as much as the previous few, but Hazuki really is a beautiful character. Maybe it's just because I'm a Shimao-kun fan lol.
Aug 23, 2012 1:55 PM

Jun 2009
I was starting to like Shimao but I don't know what to think now... He wants her to move on but won't hand her to Hazuki. I don't get it tbh, but let's see what happens in the next one.
I hope Hazuki gets his body back :(
Aug 23, 2012 2:03 PM
Jul 2008
This anime makes no sense anymore.
Aug 23, 2012 2:54 PM
Aug 2011
One of my most expected releases has turned into the longest 11 episodes of the season.
Not in a good way by any means.

I just want to flush everyone down the toilet and get it over with.
Aug 23, 2012 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
Unfortunately, once again, this really felt like a decent, but narratively underwhelming, episode, and it's noticeably starting to drag.

Another episode passes by without Hazuki returning to his body, which is rather disappointing. This growing sense of a standstill with all the characters and their development, save for Hazuki, has created a barrier between current events and what had been considerable progress in each of their lives before now. Perhaps it's a desire to throw emotions into a slight disarray prior to the conclusion in order to create a sense of mystery around what will happen, but, at this point, it seems rather unnecessary and contrived.

I was quite disappointed by Shimao's actions in the previous episode, and yet he still manages to make me dislike his character even more in this one. All Shimao has managed to do is force Rokka back into this emotional state where she is unable to move on; temporarily impeding, or potentially permanently ruining, all her progress and whatever development she may have had in her relationship with the real Hazuki. It remains apparent that he is nowhere close to truly knowing what is best for Rokka, and his selfish desires and complete disregard for Hazuki remain in such complete contrast to Hazuki's relative selflessness, that by this point I really can't be sure whether the show wants to paint him in a highly sympathetic manner or not, despite all the numerous flashbacks to his considerably emotional past. I liked the words by mini-Rokka towards the end that referenced the part of Shimao that desires for her to be free and to move on; I simply wish I could temporarily glimpse that aspect of his character more plainly in the real world, rather than feeling a sizable disconnect between those words and his actual state of mind.

Hazuki is easily my favorite character, and it was great that he was a bit less secondary here than in previous episodes. Thankfully, the storybook scenes were quite a bit more interesting and necessary this time around, considering the seemingly vital part Hazuki has yet to play in the conclusion of this story. His struggles and fears due to the temporary uncertainty of his future were deftly handled. The few memories of his past moments with Rokka were nice, as I miss the natural, but often awkward development of their relationship. I hope his return occurs soon, as he's the only one left that truly desires and understands what's best for Rokka, so it was good to finally see considerable progress towards his eventual return at the end.

One of my main concerns is that all of this confusion and emotional pain among the characters will lead to a rushed and unsatisfying conclusion. I was hoping for a couple of episodes dedicated to the growth of Hazuki and Rokka's relationship following his return, but I've become increasingly weary that their future development, if it's to be had at all, will be tacked on at the very end in a temporary flash to their future, or potentially left out entirely.

Overall, Natsuyuki Rendezvous continues to excel in it's direction and it's subtle mastery of a plethora of emotions, but the inconsistent characterization and increasingly tiring nature of the story has slightly, and hopefully temporarily, diminished it's once very high quality.
Aug 23, 2012 4:33 PM

Dec 2009
I have no idea what is going on. It was intense, but that doesn't help if I don't know what is happening.

Seems like this show might go down the "silly deep" route.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 23, 2012 4:53 PM

Mar 2012
I think this was an okay episode.

I would have liked that Hazuki returned to his body in this episode, which didn't happened, but at least it looks like he's finally going to do something about his current situation and that's great because I seriously can't keep watching him doing nothing.
And that was the only thing I could get from this episode. Because I don't have the slightest idea of what Shimao wants to do and same goes for Rokka. But I do hope that this gets solve on the next episode because I would like to see real development between Hazuki and Rokka without Shimao there.
Aug 23, 2012 4:58 PM

May 2010
*Faceplam* ABOUT TIME SHEESH
Aug 23, 2012 5:01 PM

Jul 2012
...Another cliffhanger? WUT.

Decent episode. 3/5

Hope next week's will be better. And will finally wrap it up.
Aug 23, 2012 5:40 PM

Dec 2011
It certainly was a more "deeper" episode to digest. From the endless falling I'm sure Hazuki does get his body back next ep. But from the pacing of the events so far, why do I get a feeling it will be right at the end -_- (probably as a cliffhanger again)

Lelouch22 said:

great job of inferring the feelings given across by the characters actions in this episode, or at least what thought about it~ which I more or less agree on too^^
Aug 23, 2012 5:58 PM

Jun 2010
What now? ._. Damn Shimao.
Aug 23, 2012 6:02 PM

Dec 2008
"It's Hazuki that stole something." Shimao can't be serious! How does one steal from a dead man? Shimao had gained my sympathies for a minute until he laughed at the thought of the police thinking Hazuki was a lunatic. Now, I'm not so sure what Shimao is trying to accomplish. Looks to me like he's trying to totally wreck Rokka's emotions and life so she'll never want to be bothered with any man ever again; and send Hazuki to prison so that he won't be able to see Rokka for a long time. Little Rokka said that part of Shimao wants to let "the princess" go, but I don't see it.

And now, poor Hazuki is in danger of completely losing his body and any chance to return to the world of the living. Fight on, Hazuki!!!
Aug 23, 2012 6:36 PM

Jun 2012
At least Hazuki getting his body back is his number 1 priority now, I feel like in all of the previous episodes he was just coasting through the dream world
Aug 23, 2012 7:24 PM

Apr 2012
Aug 23, 2012 7:28 PM

Apr 2012
Rather decent episode.

Shimazuki begins his adventure, probably the place they were going to go for there honeymoon... assuming I read the subs right.

Rokka seems like she is chasing after him.
Aug 23, 2012 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
God damn you Shimao stop being a dick
Aug 23, 2012 8:16 PM
Jun 2008
only 3 eps left wonder what happen next?

give rokka seem bit more what going on so now travel to find ryousuke.

give ghost husband is on his travel inside ryousuke body.

& yet ryousuke still bit like wonder to do still in fairy tale world now jump in to get to rokka?

wonder what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Aug 23, 2012 8:18 PM
Jan 2011
I dont understand your opinions guys... for me "decent" were the last few episodes, but this one is just overwhelming....almost perfect imo.
When the OST kicked in at the scene where Hazuki is balancing on the red rope.... masterpiece.
The emotional level in this episode was really great and well animated, as I said...imo perfect.
Aug 23, 2012 9:43 PM

Feb 2011
eNkel said:
I dont understand your opinions guys... for me "decent" were the last few episodes, but this one is just overwhelming....almost perfect imo.
When the OST kicked in at the scene where Hazuki is balancing on the red rope.... masterpiece.
The emotional level in this episode was really great and well animated, as I said...imo perfect.

I think most of our complaints is that it's dragging. All the thoughts and feelings have been expressed before except for the realization the Manager has about who is who, and that wasn't even expanded on in the slightest.

I liked it regardless. You can still criticize great anime.
Aug 23, 2012 9:50 PM

Jul 2011
It's starting to feel dragged on.

I thought it was cute when she got scrapped by the hook. XD

My initial craziness for this series has finally died down.

I still think past Rokka was cute.

Waiting for next episode.
Aug 23, 2012 10:28 PM

Oct 2011
Shimao ...you just ruined this anime for me!
iIwill only watch for Hazuki not for you!
Go away alredy and let hazuki marry you EX-wife.
YOUR DEAD!
Aug 23, 2012 10:40 PM
Jan 2011
Damn u Shimao, 3 more 2 go.
Aug 23, 2012 10:42 PM

Feb 2011
darn! just go to heaven atsushi ..
the series is geting complicated...
Aug 24, 2012 12:46 AM
Aug 2012
tohzuki said:
I was starting to like Shimao but I don't know what to think now... He wants her to move on but won't hand her to Hazuki. I don't get it tbh, but let's see what happens in the next one.
I hope Hazuki gets his body back :(

I think this is to show the complexity of Shimao's bond with Rokka. On the one hand, Shimao wants Rokka to be happy and find another person to love after he dies; but on the other, he's not willing to let her go to another person, even if the person is Hazuki, who may just love Rokka as much as he does.

Also, I start to think that rather than being selfish, Shimao really is just childish (e.g., pranks he pulled to interfere with Hazuki's interaction with Rokka, the sketchbook fairy tale, unable to decide what he really wants for Rokka).

And lastly, I don't get why he'd decide to go on a trip in Hazuki's body, alone. I was fine with him spending one last day with Rokka and everything in the previous episode, I thought that was why he borrowed the body from Hazuki. But now instead of returning the body, he goes on a trip in Hazuki's body, this just doesn't make sense at the moment (maybe this action can/will be explained in the later episodes, we'll see). Plus, if he's going to that place he and Rokka saw on TV, then why not invite Rokka to go together? What's the purpose of him going alone?
Aug 24, 2012 2:38 AM

Sep 2007
This is dragging on waaaay too long now...
._. If Hazuki seriously seriously doesn't get his body back next ep or....at least close than ARG

I mean really.....Pacing is starting to feel equivalent to "stretching a filler" ....seriously.....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 24, 2012 2:38 AM

Apr 2010
I'm really starting to get pissed at both Rokka and Shimao. Hazuki is way too kind-hearted to deserve such treatment.
Aug 24, 2012 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
Avato-chan said:
YOUR DEAD!

+1 nothing more to say :D
Aug 24, 2012 6:11 AM

Jun 2009
I never expected the series to actually center on Shimao in Hazuki's body, by now it sure does that though. I just wonder now, when will Shimao actually pass on. Will it be the very last episode or we'll get some proper development between Rokka and Hazuki after all?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 24, 2012 6:21 AM

Oct 2011
Come on Shimao, just get out of the body already!
Aug 24, 2012 7:11 AM

May 2010
When shimao is going to stop that ridiculous act.
Aug 24, 2012 7:28 AM
Feb 2012
Go for it, Hazuki! Don't give up and fight for your big love.

I expect great things next week.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 24, 2012 8:30 AM

May 2008
Megmurdel said:
Avato-chan said:
YOUR DEAD!

+1 nothing more to say :D

^same here, +2. Shimao's behavior is raping this once brilliant anime :|

Aug 24, 2012 10:18 AM

Apr 2012
This series feels like it is really starting to drag - which is pretty bad if you only have 11 episodes. That, coupled with the fact that Shimao is acting like a major ass, is definitely having a negative impact on my enjoyment of this show.

On a more positive note, though, I thought the scene with the Thumbelina Rokka crying on Hazuki's nose was quite nice.
Aug 24, 2012 11:12 AM

Nov 2008
I still like Shimao.
HA
Aug 24, 2012 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
Im sure Shimao is going to plant that flower and then return the body, dont worry.
Ill miss you Shimao ;3

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 24, 2012 4:44 PM

Apr 2012
It's good to show the side of Shimao but as it's mentioned above, it's dragging..
But I thought that already last episode. This episode was still much better when it comes down to content. At least this time we got some answers on Shimaos behaviour. He apparently wants to travel again, somewhere, doing again something he wants to do before moving on.

But I see it coming now: Hazuki gets his body back in the last episodes couple of minutes, Shimao is finally gone (with some last words for Hazuki not to mess it with Rokka~), they are on a mountainside (as Shimao likes those or something like that and where he went with Hazukis body) and Rokka realizes that Shimao was in Hazukis body and Hazuki was in some kind of connection to Shimao for a long time but she forgives him for not telling her. She says she loves both of 'em but it's time to move forward. They kiss. The end.
lol. If it really goes down that path than this Anime was a complete waste of time.
Not saying that it definitely will end like this, though. But it feels as if it would.

Seriously, though: Hopefully Hazuki gets his body back in the next episode and everything is resolved with Shimao so that we can see some last funny moments with Rokka & Hazuki (and working the last couple of days out when Hazuki's mind was absent).. :|
Aug 24, 2012 6:33 PM

Nov 2011
My main problem is the lack of interaction between the characters. Right now, it feels like everyone believes that it would be easiest to solve their problems without help from other people. Even Hazuki talking to pixie-mermaid Rokka feels like introspection, because pixie-mermaid Rokka isn't a character that I should care about. Listening to a series of monologues just doesn't interest me - it's dialogue that I feel should almost constantly drive a series.
Aug 24, 2012 7:08 PM

May 2008
Seriously when is Shimao going to give Hazuki back his body =/

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 24, 2012 7:10 PM

Feb 2009
Hydnlife said:
*Faceplam* ABOUT TIME SHEESH
second that.
Aug 24, 2012 9:42 PM

May 2011
Even though the series is all about the bond of the three characters I'm curious to see what these three can come up with by themselves. I feel like part of Shimao's flight could be some kind of exploration of what he thinks, clear of Rokka herself being all too present. He's been spending all his days as a ghost watching her. I hope that some distance will give him a different angle on things because he is understandably a mess. He knows things can't go back to how they use to be even if that is what he could be wishing for.

As for Rokka, I'm impressed that she went looking for Hazuki herself. In her situation I wouldn't know what to think. Would I think I was being too hopeful, finding a connection with Shimao? Would I have thought Hazuki has lost it and is somehow trying to emulate my deceased husband?

And yet again another glimpse of the brief time Hazuki has spent with Rokka. The way he treasures each of those little moments makes me smile. Even as dream Rokka tells him not to dwell on the past. Even though get where that is coming from I don't think that's bad at all. The past is something to be learned from and all these sweet moments to remember even within the sadness build up the span of a life.
Aug 25, 2012 5:30 AM

Jul 2011
Less worse than the previous episode but I'm still waiting Hazuki return to his body. I just hope I don't have to wait until the last episode...

I would have given to this show 9/10 until episode 5, and now if I give 6/10 maybe is too much but I think it deserves at least a 6...
ainkyAug 25, 2012 5:45 AM
Aug 25, 2012 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
I think this whole thing is really handing itself over to Shimao..
He's trying to decide when he wants to give hazuki his body back, and I think he's leaning towards it being.. soon :( (although if I were him I would just spurt some secrets only he and rokka knew and convince her it was him)

I think he took the sketch book and pot to try to make her forget him again. or at least to not be reminded of him so easily every day anymore. But he made the bouquets to let that be the thing he did for her with his "own" hands..

But omg I was NOT expecting them to sleep together at such an... awkward time. damn.
oh and I hope Hazuki wasn't contemplating letting Shimao have his life..

This show is so beautiful really. These two guys love rokka more than anything and are willing to both let go for her to be happy :'D
Aug 25, 2012 2:54 PM

Jul 2012
I really hope this improves next episode. After that all have lost a lot of my hope for it considering they can't do much without pushing it over too much in the span of two episodes.

Agreed with the person who said this may lead down the silly deep path.
Aug 25, 2012 4:57 PM

May 2011
I really liked this ep. Instead of sitting around crying, complaining, or just questioning the situation and coming up confused, it seems that everyone is finally doing something.

Not sure how the situation will end up, but I hope it'll be a satisfying end.
Aug 25, 2012 10:28 PM

Mar 2012
Not sure how I feel about all this, but I appreciate that the show isn't afraid to be somewhat unconventional. Realistically Rokka would have flipped her shit and probably called the police, but you know, it's fiction for a reason. I thought Shimao was going to give in sooner, wonder what he's playing at. As much as he pisses me off though, it would have been boring and meaningless if he easily gave the body back. The whole point is attempt to illustrate just how difficult it is to let go of someone you love. Hence their long date and him wanting to listen to her voice even after he leaves, etc. All in all, I'm more impressed at this point than I have been at any previous point in the series.

Still, the best thing to come from this show is the ED single. All three songs are kawaii as fuck and I can't stop listening to them.
JoshAug 25, 2012 10:37 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 26, 2012 12:36 PM

Jan 2008
Dropped, can't stand watching this anymore.
Aug 26, 2012 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
Why would you drop something with 3 episodes left, lol.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 16, 2012

88 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.