Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 4, 2012 4:02 AM

Aug 2008
The fanservice episode!! Dang Eru and Houtarou are so freaking adorable adorable~ Yep, never thought Eru would be that bold and even wanting a mixed bath lmao she has to be the agressive one in this couple. (^人^)

Ibara's sisters = moe everywhereeee

Houtarou's hotness just shot up to the extreme.. I mean, THAT BODY. /slaps self
Jun 4, 2012 4:12 AM
Jan 2012
OH YES!!! GUSHA NO ENDROLL IS COMING!!!!
Jun 4, 2012 4:52 AM

Oct 2009
I can't believe just how cute Chitanda was in this episode.

Oreki wasn't too far either, oh wow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2012 5:13 AM

Oct 2011
ok not talking about "mystery" here - it's the same level as always (nothing special that is)
but this family talk was kind of nice

but Chitanda
she is freaking scary
ok she may be cute, nice and all but what would happen to Oreki if he said "no"
he might have awaken with axe in his head or something along those lines - just look at her eyes one could say that this is curiosity but equally it can be insanity plus that energy of hers, if she is not satisfied she may go berserk as well
Jun 4, 2012 5:44 AM

May 2008
Awww what a shame, she didnt get to share the onsen :(
Jun 4, 2012 7:06 AM

Mar 2012
I've liked it from the beginning (unlike most people) even though it's slow and somewhat boring but this episode was really good, and it's great to finally get that "romance" feel between Chitanda and Houtaro.
Jun 4, 2012 7:15 AM

Aug 2010
Of course Chitanda wanted go to a mixed bath with oreki. Why?
*Chitanda glances to oreki's waistband*
"Ki ni narimasu!"
:P

Cute episode, I liked the little bit of Chitandaservice we got. It wasn't just plain boobs pushing in your face, it was more sensual sexyness. I approve.

And I also ship Chitanda & Oreki. When she came to visit him when he was lieing down... had hoped she would have stayed.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 4, 2012 7:36 AM

Jun 2010
When Oreki asking Satoshi about the events I laughed with Satoshi's face expression.
About Chitanda saying that it isn't mixed bath, I'm a bit surprised.

I thought about mystery was the 2 sister was just tricking them lol.
LOL
Jun 4, 2012 8:06 AM

May 2012
good episode
to think than oreki would go the whole way to the onsen...

looking forward to the next as always
beep
Jun 4, 2012 8:35 AM

Jan 2011
The first obvious hints about romance between Oreki and Chitanda.
Great episode, the art and shading at the end was amazing.
Finally some real story, I really liked this episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 4, 2012 9:05 AM

Oct 2010
Ora-Serphanta said:

He obviously jerked to the side to hide his growing erection. Oh Houhou
I ADMIT IT! Look at where his hand is grabbing. It's too stop or not show his erection. Totally right but WAIT! Would that not waste at least 50% of his energy? That must have weaken him a lot. So then good thing he was in bed and fell KO after this most likely.
Wordsmith said:
"Ki ni narimasu!"
I see what you did there. I also see what the end result might. To say the least too perverted in my mind. I would have to say Eru once sex is in wants to know all about it most likely or experience it all.

I suggest to Houtarou to get Karma Sutra to Eru if this happens. Could calm her sense in regards to that but yeah Eru's curiosity would push her full blown about knowing everything of it. A rather scary approach.

Too bad Eru did not stay and lay down in the bed next to him. SHIT! Now I am thinking what would happen if she checked where that hand was looking.

Oh man I am thinking now someone will go FAN MODE to drawn some hentai of this part. Oh well, that's how it goes around anyway.
Yumekichi11Jun 4, 2012 9:09 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 4, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2009
That's what i'd call innovative censorship, haha xD. But i wanted to see his @ss xD.
Jun 4, 2012 9:44 AM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed that episode, it was more interesting than usual school setting. All in all though, that Air on G String just before the ending made the episode for me.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 4, 2012 10:12 AM

Dec 2007
bakuramariks said:
That's what i'd call innovative censorship, haha xD. But i wanted to see his @ss xD.

You're not the only one, damn kid and his head :P
Jun 4, 2012 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
this episode had me lol-ing so hard
oh the amount of fanservice here FUCK YEAH!
Houtarou kono yaro i can't get over how fucking adorable you are *squeezes*
Jun 4, 2012 10:45 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
mistress_kisara said:
bakuramariks said:

You're not the only one, damn kid and his head :P

Indeed. Houtaro is such a cutie. He's just HNNNNNG. Moe over 9000 in this episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 4, 2012 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
So there was more Houtarou fanservice than Chitanda's. I like.
Jun 4, 2012 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
Houtarou should fall for me WHY OH WHY I'M SAD :(

It kinda surprised me, I thought the romance would appear in ep 15~18 or something like that.
Jun 4, 2012 11:55 AM
Jan 2011
What's this no lingerie shot of Chitanda?

I hate Chitanda.
Jun 4, 2012 12:03 PM

Oct 2010
GHostSAint said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Ora-Serphanta said:

He obviously jerked to the side to hide his growing erection. Oh Houhou
I ADMIT IT! Look at where his hand is grabbing. It's too stop or not show his erection. Totally right but WAIT! Would that not waste at least 50% of his energy? That must have weaken him a lot. So then good thing he was in bed and fell KO after this most likely.
Wordsmith said:
"Ki ni narimasu!"
I see what you did there. I also see what the end result might. To say the least too perverted in my mind. I would have to say Eru once sex is in wants to know all about it most likely or experience it all.

I suggest to Houtarou to get Karma Sutra to Eru if this happens. Could calm her sense in regards to that but yeah Eru's curiosity would push her full blown about knowing everything of it. A rather scary approach.

Too bad Eru did not stay and lay down in the bed next to him. SHIT! Now I am thinking what would happen if she checked where that hand was looking.

Oh man I am thinking now someone will go FAN MODE to drawn some hentai of this part. Oh well, that's how it goes around anyway.

Too much detail O.O

In general your pic resume my thoughts exactly, except I could not find one like this.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 4, 2012 1:19 PM

Dec 2009

Perfect.

All in all, Hyouka is the best mystery anime in ages, only to be rivaled by the also recent UnGo. The difference between the two is that UnGo was more interesting, sadly.

But I would lie if I said I disliked Hyouka. Its characters are what makes the show. I wouldn't mind seeing them interact with each other except mystery, being curious and all that.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 4, 2012 1:45 PM

Oct 2010
I was pissed off as hell them showing my wife Chitanda. She is one of the only characters i dont want fan service for. LMFAO
Jun 4, 2012 2:12 PM

Jan 2011
Other than a little too much Oreki service, this was a great episode. The series description in MAL already ships the four main characters as two couples, so no surprise with the Chitanda x Oreki progress in this episode, and a long walk with someone after a soak in a hotspring is almost as good as a long soak with someone in a hotspring (preferably with a little cuddling).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 4, 2012 5:35 PM

Jun 2011
Stupid Sexy Oreki!
Jun 4, 2012 8:53 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode, maybe best of the series so far. Surely everyone is calling this the obligatory fanservice episode out of sarcasm.

and man I think Chitanda is making this series for me.
Jun 4, 2012 9:37 PM

Aug 2010
Not a bad ep but I would like better mysteries than this one.
Jun 4, 2012 11:23 PM

Mar 2009
this is the first episode to make me think that hyouka is a genuinely good show
Jun 5, 2012 1:14 AM

May 2012
I probably don't have anything to say that hasn't been said here before, but Chitanda's vast array of hairstyles were simply gorgeous. I love the art and how it's styled.
Also the anatomy of this series is near flawless. Oreki's back had the exact proper muscles. Normally that isn't seen in very many series.

I can't wait to see what the next episode has to show us, there's so much potential!
Jun 5, 2012 4:23 AM

May 2010
Oreki has officially fallen for Chitanda now.Well,good for him.
Jun 5, 2012 7:12 AM

Nov 2010
Great Episode, Chitanda is such a tease
Jun 5, 2012 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
LOL. Houtarou's imagination got him dizzy.
Jun 5, 2012 10:20 AM

Feb 2012
Awesome ep.

Glad to see Oreki is starting to get attracted to Chitanda.

And damnit, Mayaka is just so cute.

InfiniteDestiny said:
Lol at Oreki's reactions to Eru "I'm glad we took this trip" "i wish we hadn't"; they really are opposites, but there is always that saying about opposites :P

Also lol at when Oreki's eyes lost color due to shock after Eru said she went to Morning radio exercises till the second year of middle school
Indeed. Opposites make the best couples imo. Kind of goes against the typical couple that has a lot of things in common, but opposites just have so much to share and learn from each other in a relationship which is why I hope Chitanda and Oreki get together by the end of the show.
YveseJun 5, 2012 10:25 AM
Jun 5, 2012 12:28 PM

Feb 2011
OMG. SOO. CUTE. EPISODE. looks like we will have love relationship in this serie kyaaa!<3 ^^
Jun 5, 2012 2:12 PM

Jun 2009
I'm completely okay with the Oreki service to be honest, and the censorship killed me. The little kid talking to his grandpa was hilarious.
Jun 5, 2012 2:19 PM

Feb 2012
Good to see Oreki has hormones after all. Once again, loved the episode. The mysteries are never that amazing, nor is anything over the top. That's what makes hyouka enjoyable for me. It feels real
Jun 5, 2012 2:21 PM

Nov 2011
As usual, animation is one of the best i've seen, the motion animation of chitanda in the onsen was epic

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 5, 2012 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
I really enjoyed houtaro in this ep, he sure has a nice body :P
Jun 5, 2012 8:27 PM

May 2011
I can't get enough of Chitanda's eyes. And then an onsen episode... yay.
Jun 5, 2012 8:43 PM

Dec 2011
the art is really top notch.like when chitanda was walking under the dappled sunlight of those trees and the animator took the time to cast the light across her face and hair.that would of taken ages to get right.

And what Tapanda said about the anatomy earlier, right on the money.they took the time to draw muscles on the body where they actually belong.
Jun 5, 2012 9:33 PM

Aug 2009
I ship Chitanda and Houtarou so hard.
And Houtarou is like... the perfect character. OKAY?
HOUTAROU IS PERFECT ; A ;

And once again... their art is flawless. It's really impressive that they can maintain such high quality visuals considering that they only have a week to make each episode in time.
Jun 6, 2012 9:34 AM

Mar 2012
I've come to the conclusion that Houtarou listens to post-rock. Plain grey v neck, slim dark grey pants, shaggy hair, doesn't like anything too upbeat. I'd make a band with him.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 6, 2012 11:28 AM

Aug 2011
Houtarou...!! It seems someone's falling in love... ¬‿¬ !!
Jun 6, 2012 5:33 PM
Dec 2011
Droplet said:
While within that part Houtarou’s meaning of cherry can be a double meaning as simply eating or a keen foreshadow he will try to claim out Eru’s innocence, cherry representing that in some cases?

This is pretty interesting. I was little curious myself about the cherry. I thought it was just to look more interesting for him to eat :P. I am 50/50 about it foreshadowing. It does seem to be placed intentionally to go with the relationship tension, shown in this episode, between the two characters.

Dammit... That is so smart if that is actually intentional...
Jun 6, 2012 6:13 PM

Aug 2011
Oreki, I don't blame you. Chitanda was stunning in this ep.

Nice loophole around using censors during the changing rooms.
Jun 7, 2012 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, this series is still amazing. It's not my normal type of series, but I really like it. I love the art and the music (including the OP and ED). I really do like the mystery. It's always so simple, yet complex at the same time. Oreki is still a genius. And Chitanda is adorable. I like her more and more each episode. I'm really glad there are some many episodes left.

The Chitanda X Oreki relationship continues to involve every week. I wonder if either of them would actual admit feelings for each other at the end. Can't wait to see what happens. Gonna be an awesome summer.
Jun 7, 2012 5:23 AM

May 2012
Huhu.. My theory was very far from Oreki's... Tsk tsk. His thought process and observational skills are really amazing. And I am glad to see another side of him. Blushing and being shy.. that was unexpected..:)

Jun 7, 2012 7:09 AM

Jun 2011
i enjoyed this episode
Jun 7, 2012 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
I feel sorry for Oreki (don't care if the MC's like each other or not). He reminds me of Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya always getting led around by a strong willed girl. I'm just glad Chitanda isn't pushy AND tsundere.

Oreki's face after Chitanda said something about morning exercises lmbo!

I kinda wish Chitanda didn't see the sisters getting along though. Innocence is refreshing and all but knowing someone who lives in a constant state of blissful naivete is sometimes exhausting.
kelkenJun 7, 2012 11:50 PM
Jun 8, 2012 12:42 PM

Mar 2008
Wow, I loved this episode - didn't bore me at all, this anime is starting to grow on me.
And the 'fanservice' was nicely done (Houtarou..). I think adding a bit of romance (hopefully later on) would help to give the series some 'spice'.
Jun 8, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2010
FUN said:
some 'spice'.

And wolf.

Sorry couldn't help it lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.