Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 22, 2012 11:11 AM
Oct 2011
bleachjoj said:
nintat said:
T

The thing I didn't like about the episode was the animation, I felt it was a bit poor at times and also the lack of blood, yeah, I know this is in Sunday mornings schedule in Japan but if they're already showing a severed arm and a guy pulling out a card from his arm then why no blood? it looked a bit weird to me. They should do an uncensored version or something for DVD releases. lol

Really? I thought the animation was quite good. There was blood just toned down. THose red marks are blood. Also Kastro spit blood when Hisoka sucker punched him But you should not expect crazy amounts of it by now.

Yeah, sorry if I didn't express correctly, I know there was some blood in the episode, but I mean coming from Hisoka's severed arm, his arm was just hanging there without any blood coming down from it so that looked kinda funny to me.
May 22, 2012 11:20 AM
Mar 2012
OFFTOPIC : just to check guys , the whole fight between killua and dorado in 1999 version is a filler righT?
May 22, 2012 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
BershaMens said:
OFFTOPIC : just to check guys , the whole fight between killua and dorado in 1999 version is a filler righT?

Yes, completely filler.
May 22, 2012 12:27 PM

Mar 2012
BershaMens said:
Yep
A cool one though
You dont see darth maul in anime that much
And kil kicked his ass
End Zionazism
May 22, 2012 3:16 PM

Jun 2011
Nobody talking about the awesome math equation?
[(x+4)-6]/2-x= 1
ALWAYS.
desu.
May 23, 2012 2:40 AM
Apr 2012
Hisoka's theme is ao awesome! I need to learn that, any idea where I can find tab???

Also brilliant episode, hisoka is my new favourite character, 5/5

Edit: *so awesome not blue awesome lol
May 23, 2012 2:55 AM

Oct 2009
dorothy3242 said:
[(x+4)-6]/2-x= 1
ALWAYS.
desu.

Probably because it's a pretty well known trick, its covered in schools at least where I live.
May 23, 2012 3:47 AM

Mar 2012
Don__patch said:
Hisoka's theme is ao awesome! I need to learn that, any idea where I can find tab???

The tab is above the caps lock On the left Side of your keyboard
End Zionazism
May 23, 2012 4:21 AM

Mar 2012
dorothy3242 said:
[(x+4)-6]/2-x= 1
ALWAYS.
desu.

Anti-hipster hisoka
Using tricks DECADES after they were cool
End Zionazism
May 23, 2012 5:07 AM
Nov 2011
SO AMAZING!!!!!!
May 23, 2012 5:20 AM

Aug 2009
Mikasa said:
Don__patch said:

He referred to notes ))
May 23, 2012 4:44 PM

Jul 2009
I love how nen explains everything that Hisoka does. It makes everything he did during the Hunter exam arc all the more awesome.

Also I love his explanations for the names of his moves xD
May 24, 2012 4:57 AM

Mar 2012
pokymon said:
Mikasa said:
Don__patch said:

He referred to notes ))

Iknow xD
End Zionazism
May 24, 2012 1:33 PM
Apr 2012
Well if anyone cares I didn't find a tab but I figured the chords and the first bit out.. It's gonna take along time to tab from scratch lol.
May 25, 2012 5:53 AM

Oct 2010
Hisoka badass!! this show is getting better and better.
May 25, 2012 6:14 AM
Oct 2011
mutsuriniii said:
and it will get better and better, I think this arc was the most boring arc of all of the arcs. ironically it's still amazing.
actually the Chimera ant's arc started too boring (considering all the hiatuses, and reading it from the manga is just too horrible, cz of the drawings) but the 2nd half of it makes it one of the best arcs in HxH.
Candor123May 27, 2012 3:51 AM
May 25, 2012 6:59 AM

Jan 2010
sexy Hisoka ♥

May 26, 2012 12:33 PM

Aug 2011
Nice ep. I thought Hisoka was a brigade every since they first talked about it and showed a silhouette of him but looks like he's just pretending to be one.
May 26, 2012 2:18 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode i'd say excelent. Hisoka's mode " -.- " i just can't wait till this smile of his gets whiped out..

5/5
May 26, 2012 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
UMB said:
Great episode i'd say excelent. Hisoka's mode " -.- " i just can't wait till this smile of his gets whiped out..

5/5

Manga spoiler:
LunaMay 26, 2012 9:23 PM
May 27, 2012 12:24 AM
Feb 2012
Candor said:
mutsuriniii said:
and it will get better and better, I think this arc was the most boring arc of all of the arcs. ironically it's still amazing.
actually the Chimera ant's arc started too boring (considering all the hiatuses, and reading it from the manga is just too horrible, cz of the drawings) but the 2nd half of it makes it one of the best arcs in HxH.

Dude Chimera Ant arc is LEGIT. But you got to read it from the volumes to truly appreciate the awesomeness that is the Chimera Ant Arc. It's a long arc for sure
but I didn't once find it boring. The beginning is awesome, the middle is awesome
and the end is awesome.
May 27, 2012 3:50 AM
Oct 2011
mrsticky005 said:
Candor said:
mutsuriniii said:

Dude Chimera Ant arc is LEGIT. But you got to read it from the volumes to truly appreciate the awesomeness that is the Chimera Ant Arc. It's a long arc for sure
but I didn't once find it boring. The beginning is awesome, the middle is awesome
and the end is awesome.
at first the weird creatures theme was my problem, and I didn't understand the whole 1st part, but I think I got used to it around the half of it. I think by reading it again I'll understand and enjoy it more, and I think it'd be more amazing if they'd animate it.
May 27, 2012 5:25 AM

Oct 2009
Great episode !
The fight with the strategy, skill and all was perfect !

Machi, finally get to meet her. Her skill is as fearsome as ever. Lol

May 29, 2012 3:50 AM
May 2007
All that explanation was VERY important to me so I see more Hisoka, sexy at the shower!
Jun 4, 2012 1:07 AM
Jul 2018
leokiko said:
SergioSource said:
Boring episode. They could have just said "You used this and that ability.". It's like half the episode is plot and the other half is explanation. Like they think we're dumb

Wow..so you would have been able to figure everything out? lol

No, but it could be revealed throughout the episodes, and not dedicate just one to explain it all at once. Kinda ruins the mysticism in my opinion.
Jun 5, 2012 4:53 PM
May 2012
SergioSource said:
leokiko said:
SergioSource said:
Boring episode. They could have just said "You used this and that ability.". It's like half the episode is plot and the other half is explanation. Like they think we're dumb

Wow..so you would have been able to figure everything out? lol

No, but it could be revealed throughout the episodes, and not dedicate just one to explain it all at once. Kinda ruins the mysticism in my opinion.

You didn't pay attention to what Wing said regarding Nen, did you?

Nen IS a "mysterious" force to those who do NOT know it. It means all the "miracle" and "unexplained" things in the world are in fact related to Nen. This anime heavily hinted about this mysterious power over the Hunter exam.

Since we already know that Nen exist, the "mysticism" of Nen become a mute point. In the Hunter world, Nen is considered a "discipline" of learning - a science, if you will, for people lucky enough to know that it exist - and should be broken down and analyze in order for us to learn more about how it works.

You said that you wanted Hisoka's power to be revealed over the course of the anime (like the typical shounen villain/anti-hero) but well, newsflash: Hunter x Hunter is not your typical shounen anime.

You've been watching this anime for 30+ episodes now. It should have occurred to you that the battles here are won more through tactics than brute force (powers). Hence, the "reveal" of Hisoka's Nen.

Hisoka won the match because he was smarter than Kastro NOT because his Nen is deadlier. Kastro's techniques (Tiger Claw, Double) are in fact much deadlier and harder to learn than Hisoka's Bungie Gum BUT the fact that Hisoka can use a lame power (a "gum" for crying out loud) like that to kill an opponent just shows how you use your "powers" effectively triumphs over how "cool/deadly" your powers are.

This episode highlights how effective Hisoka's Nen is in battle when combined with his battle tactics. It reinforced that Hisoka is not someone to trifle with.
Jun 16, 2012 10:20 PM

Oct 2011
YESSSSS when i finaly come back to this series after a lil break it gets darkllike the 1999 version *laughs evily*
Jun 26, 2012 2:43 AM
Jun 2012
best episode on the series

there was no blood only because of hisoka ten
Jul 10, 2012 3:09 PM

Apr 2007
lzumi-chan said:
And.. FANSERVICE :P
But Hisoka looked better with his hair down in the manga and 1999 anime. It seemed kinda weird being curly..
Totally agree. I was looking forward to his shower time too, kinda disappointing .-.

Don't really like Machi's new voice either, I always thought her more monotone voice fit her perfectly. I'll get used to it though. Can't wait to hear the rest of the Ryodan!
Jul 14, 2012 4:48 AM

Oct 2009
It was interesting to get an explanation on Hisoka's abilities + a new character with great abilities appeared + Hisoka has some badass intentions. Exciting! =D
Jul 15, 2012 1:48 PM

Jun 2009
So, what's up with the complaints about the lack of blood? I'm seeing a lot of complaints that basically amount to "It doesn't have blood it sucks!". What the hell?

Anyway, Hisoka continues to be an interesting character. Never saw him as gay, though, I just think he gets "excited" at the prospect of a worthy opponent. Either way he's still a bad ass. Loved Menchi's monologue at the end there, don't remember that being in the first series.
Ston3_FreeN7Jul 15, 2012 1:58 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 5, 2012 8:14 AM

Dec 2008
OMG! Hisoka is overly badass! XD
^_~
Aug 5, 2012 8:26 AM

Dec 2008
insan3soldiern said:
Anyway, Hisoka continues to be an interesting character. Never saw him as gay, though.

I've never seen him as gay too... just pedophile! hahahaha

Ok, just kidding! XD
^_~
Aug 7, 2012 11:58 PM

Aug 2010
Hisoka shows his awesomeness once again. Hisoka actually gets a good amount of screentime. In other battle shounen antagonists don't get nearly as much.

Machi! Finally a female character that will most likely reappear again.
Aug 8, 2012 9:45 AM

Aug 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Anyway, Hisoka continues to be an interesting character. Never saw him as gay, though, I just think he gets "excited" at the prospect of a worthy opponent.

iirc, that's the impression of Hisoka you're supposed to get from watching the 2011 anime.
Aug 8, 2012 9:57 AM

Mar 2012
meshimoon said:
insan3soldiern said:
Anyway, Hisoka continues to be an interesting character. Never saw him as gay, though, I just think he gets "excited" at the prospect of a worthy opponent.

iirc, that's the impression of Hisoka you're supposed to get from watching the 2011 anime.

That's how he's supposed to be in the manga and the 1999 version as well...
End Zionazism
Aug 8, 2012 10:09 AM

Aug 2012
Mikasa said:
meshimoon said:
insan3soldiern said:

I know he is, but I don't think the more blatant 'pedo'-ish scenes completely follow that. And I think I remember reading somewhere that Madhouse was going to tone down Hisoka's pervert side from the manga a bit so he's more only a 'fighting gets me extremely excited' type? (though you could say that counts as being perverted)
Aug 8, 2012 11:14 AM

Mar 2012
meshimoon said:
Mikasa said:
meshimoon said:
insan3soldiern said:

I know he is, but I don't think the more blatant 'pedo'-ish scenes completely follow that. And I think I remember reading somewhere that Madhouse was going to tone down Hisoka's pervert side from the manga a bit so he's more only a 'fighting gets me extremely excited' type? (though you could say that counts as being perverted)

That was never actually said o.O Don't know why but japan is weird, they don't censor sexual stuff nearly as much as violence. And we've seen how not only he got a schwing but also had an orgasm...so I think it won't be censored....highly unlikely
End Zionazism
Aug 8, 2012 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
Mikasa said:
meshimoon said:
Mikasa said:
meshimoon said:
insan3soldiern said:

That was never actually said o.O Don't know why but japan is weird, they don't censor sexual stuff nearly as much as violence. And we've seen how not only he got a schwing but also had an orgasm...so I think it won't be censored....highly unlikely

They didn't? weird... my memory's getting worse. xD But the schwing was because he was about to fight Gon (one of his 'fruits' >_>) and the multiple rape faces were because he had bloodlust, not because he was eyeing certain parts of a child's body..? (I should probably tack on 'iirc' onto most of my posts |D)
Aug 8, 2012 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
meshimoon said:
Mikasa said:
meshimoon said:
Mikasa said:
meshimoon said:
insan3soldiern said:

They didn't? weird... my memory's getting worse. xD But the schwing was because he was about to fight Gon (one of his 'fruits' >_>) and the multiple rape faces were because he had bloodlust, not because he was eyeing certain parts of a child's body..? (I should probably tack on 'iirc' onto most of my posts |D)

No no, a schwing does indicate being sexually aroused alright...like in the manga..BUT in all versions the reason of his arousal is the opponents power/potential not itself.
GI ova changed a lot of stuff though, one of the changes is the removal of the part where Hisoka

So the only pedo part was the stare scene and I think he was just trying to intimidate them :P
End Zionazism
Aug 17, 2012 1:26 AM

Mar 2009
helderplus said:
insan3soldiern said:
Anyway, Hisoka continues to be an interesting character. Never saw him as gay, though.

I've never seen him as gay too... just pedophile! hahahaha

Ok, just kidding! XD

Exactly. He's not gay; he just enjoys the company of little boys!

Speaking of that weirdo, only Togashi would troll the audience with Hisoka "fanservice," so to speak. This won't be the last of it, either. lol

That aside, impressive episode. If I remember correctly, the '99 series never explained Hisoka's Bungee Gum and Texture Surprise in such detail. The explanation was a little long, but still interesting nonetheless. Yet again, Hisoka shows how awesome he is. Great fight too!
Feb 11, 2013 7:27 PM
Feb 2013
HOLY COW !!
That was unexpected. The fight was freaking awesome. The explanation was quite well done. And the reveal was ..... INTENSE (no wonder Hisoka's so strong). Without a doubt 5/5
Feb 11, 2013 7:37 PM
Feb 2013
dorothy3242 said:
[(x+4)-6]/2-x= 1
ALWAYS.
desu.

But how though. Let's pretend x is 10.
10 plus 4 equals 14. 14-6 equals 8. 8 divided by 2 is 4. 4-10 (x) is -6.
Feb 11, 2013 8:10 PM
Aug 2012
Rasti_m23 said:
dorothy3242 said:
[(x+4)-6]/2-x= 1
ALWAYS.
desu.

But how though. Let's pretend x is 10.
10 plus 4 equals 14. 14-6 equals 8. 8 divided by 2 is 4. 4-10 (x) is -6.

It's supposed to be [((x+4)*2)-6]/2-x.
Jun 8, 2013 8:48 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that was a rather unusual strategy according to the explanation. Ending caught me somewhat off guard though. Dat spider tattoo was a fake huh?
Jun 8, 2013 8:56 PM
May 2013
Stark700 said:
Well, that was a rather unusual strategy according to the explanation. Ending caught me somewhat off guard though. Dat spider tattoo was a fake huh?

I wouldn't call it strategy at all...Hisoka is really just a crazy mofo that gets off at being in potentially fatal situations lol. I think he was disappointed at Kastro's current strength and decided to "spice" it up a bit.
Jul 27, 2013 9:11 PM
Jul 2012
Very great episode.
Woah, they explained Hisoka's powers so much. He is very smart with these powers. So badass.
That tattoo of Hisoka. Wow so he is part of Phantom Trope. Damn!
5/5
Jul 27, 2013 9:12 PM
Jul 2012
dorothy3242 said:
[(x+4)-6]/2-x= 1
ALWAYS.
desu.

I don't know shit to this. Bleh fuck math.
Jul 31, 2013 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
Damn, so that's a battle between those experienced in Nen. Looks like Hisoka's opponent really did die in a frenzied dance, oh Hisoka you're such a clown! His tie to the Phantom Troupe is surprising, but it's even more interesting that he's just using them for whatever pleasures he's cooking up.

And jeez, Hisoka actually looks like a normal bad ass without the circus costume. But his rape faces wouldn't be as wonderful without it!
Aug 21, 2013 9:09 AM

Jan 2012
badass explanation to a badass fight
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.