Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2012 7:04 PM

Mar 2011
It's very horrible to hate Ao just because others view him as an alien and disaster bringer.
Such a waste not many people watch E7 AO. It's been great so far
Apr 27, 2012 7:38 PM

Dec 2011
I really like the glimpse we got of Eureka's face.

Next ep should be good. Ao fights the beast.
Apr 27, 2012 10:33 PM

Oct 2011
Dangerr said:

HMMMM....

Holy shit. Nice connection there. Hope you're onto something with this.
Apr 28, 2012 2:53 AM
Oct 2010
I cannot stress how godlike the OST is for this show...
Apr 28, 2012 3:24 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
anime great so far but i really hope they will explain what happened to Renton and Eureka .. cuz im so confused right now.. i mean the reason she fell down the sky and where Renton was during that time. .. and so on
Apr 28, 2012 3:56 AM

Jul 2010
skudoops said:
I cannot stress how godlike the OST is for this show...

totally agree. much like how E7 soundtrack was, differently awesome yet nostalgic.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 28, 2012 7:16 AM

Nov 2007
Now we have a huge surfing board attacking the island. Who else think the minions are actually representation of skyfish?

Great episode overall. Ao is already a man. Renton took 50 episodes to become one! Eureka looked so pretty when she had Ao on her lap and smiled.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 28, 2012 7:28 AM
Sep 2011
It doesn't make a good impression if the head of the government spends his time dancing with idols along with all the implications like taking money from other countries despite claiming to seek independence.

The father-son conflicts introduced in this episode has a lot of potential. It's the new generation that tries to find solutions for their country without resorting to an easy answer by using a scapegoat.
Apr 28, 2012 10:43 AM
Dec 2007
Notable animation drop this time (that was expected though), but the script developed well and everything is getting clearer. The music's still top notch too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 28, 2012 12:55 PM

Aug 2009
Ok, I just have to say I miss the REF Boarding LFO from original E7 and the 'better' air action. But I think it should occur soon though.

This episode is enough to confirm that Eureka is Ao's mother. Come on. How clueless can you get?

Also, I never noticed she had to die her hair. I thought it was losing colour on it own...
Furthermore, I think the source was correct, I did state before that Eureka may have not died and taken away by the government instead. So we have hope she is still alive.

Eureka did seem happy in the photo though <3

And finally. WTF is Renton. I hope its a happy ending though. Like Renton saving her from the Government with Ao and them actually achieving co-existence between Coralians and Humans...

But Like we all know. Anime plots don't happen like that anymore TAT
Apr 28, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2011
I really really want to know wtf happened between E7 and AO....
Apr 28, 2012 8:11 PM
Mar 2012
i think everyone does...there are quite a few questions that are still unanswered...though it is still early, and the original did do quite a bit in a few episodes before...so maybe it is the same...by the way does anyone know for certain, is it definitely only a 24 episode run?
Apr 28, 2012 10:43 PM

Mar 2012
How can anyone still be doubting that Eureka is Ao's mother? It is pretty damn clear.

Hmmm... I'm still on the time travel side of this all.

Animation was not as good this episode sadly.

Hope we don't have to wait to long for word on Renton, the suspense is killing me.
Apr 29, 2012 4:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I hope they don't mess with E7's story too much in order to make all this storyline fit in. Nice ep though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 29, 2012 9:55 AM

Jan 2012
vulpeculea said:
How can anyone still be doubting that Eureka is Ao's mother? It is pretty damn clear.

Hope we don't have to wait to long for word on Renton, the suspense is killing me.

This is clearly after the events of the original E7 with no time traveling or space distortion involved....Because the IFPs used in this series are upgraded LFOs, since they're made by combining LFOs and technology from the scub corals.
Apr 29, 2012 2:25 PM
Feb 2012
I've just watched this ep again and I found something interesting (missed it the first time) - when Jiro's (Gazelle lol) dad talks with Ao, he mentions the time when some shit with Eureka happened, that a family was killed in the process and only Nary survived, so that can mean Holland and Talho were the ones who died, but their kid, Naru, lived... A theory...
Apr 29, 2012 6:34 PM

May 2008
I like how Ao has his shit together and doesn't have that bout of indecisiveness that plagued Renton on the first episodes of E7 but if the character goes headstrong early on there won't be that much character development for Ao compared to Renton.

Watching Renton grow up and mature and come of age was what made E7 really enjoyable for me. That feeling where you have to root for him against all odds. But still it's too early tell and we're slated for only 24 episodes.
Apr 29, 2012 11:28 PM

Feb 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:

Can't help but feel bitter at those Eureka flashbacks, keeps on reminding me that something happened to screw up the happy feeling that the prequel's end gave.

That's one or probably the only thing that is bothering me, that ending in the original was imo perfect, no need to ruin it... but oh well $$$

Despite what I said above, Bones is redeeming themselves after the last 2 clusterfucks they made, star driver and heroman. This "sequel" till now has been very well crafted... the story has been interesting and entertaining (minus backflashs), the sound/music superb, great art and animation, I'm looking forward to the secondary/support characters to come, plus the antagonist. Right now I would say that after Fate/Zero this is the second best anime show of this season.
Apr 29, 2012 11:58 PM

Oct 2008
Ahri said:
vulpeculea said:

This is clearly after the events of the original E7 with no time traveling or space distortion involved....Because the IFPs used in this series are upgraded LFOs, since they're made by combining LFOs and technology from the scub corals.

Where has this been stated? LFOs have never been mentioned thus far in the anime-airing of AO (at least to my knowledge). If you've seen the first series, you may realize that LFOs are mechanized technology built upon a biological platform, which are "mined" out of the Scub Coral itself (your mention to "Coralian technology"?).

As for setting, the culture and geo-political climate are just too radically different from the original series for it to be the same.

* No moon-graffiti.
* No mention of the tower states or Federation at ALL.
* No mention of the Second Summer of Love, lifting, or hippy culture in general.
* Half of the Earth should still be covered in Scub; there's only sparse pockets to be seen in AO.
* The Scub is seemingly malevolent, and either way, certainly different than seen in the first series.
* No lack of 20th century nations, complete with xenophobia and at best cryptic knowledge of the Scub Coral in general -- humanity in the original series would KNOW by this point how the Coralians work.
* Eureka and Renton would be globally-renowned heroes.

I could go on further, but there's just too many discrepancies. I'm also not subscribing to just time-travel either; I believe it's in a separate dimension all together, as the Nirvash had mentioned in the first series finale, after all, inter-dimensional travel.
Apr 30, 2012 1:15 PM
Jan 2012
So what did everyone think of the episode, personally i loved it. I loved how AO is finally deciding how he wants to fight. He wants to fight to protect the island, to protect those who were cruel to him. Thats something that i am not sure i would have used as my reason to fight. Sooooo What was everyone's opinion?
Apr 30, 2012 10:17 PM

Oct 2008
Gameprocjk said:
So what did everyone think of the episode, personally i loved it. I loved how AO is finally deciding how he wants to fight. He wants to fight to protect the island, to protect those who were cruel to him. Thats something that i am not sure i would have used as my reason to fight. Sooooo What was everyone's opinion?

I thought it was great, and most people in the thread seem to echo this sentiment; it's nuanced in its storytelling, and is thus far exceeding the expectations I had for it, which is relatively high, given its predecessor's pedigree. I personally love series' that give me a lot to think about, and AO hasn't disappointed on that front yet.
Aug 6, 2012 2:26 AM

Jul 2008
Loved the episode, loved the conflict between Ao and the island. I am hooked.
May 10, 2013 9:03 PM

Feb 2013
I'm kinda confused do I have to watch the movie that came out in 2009 to understand all of this or can I figure it out witout having to watch the movie?
May 10, 2013 10:56 PM

Apr 2013
Superassassin99 said:
I'm kinda confused do I have to watch the movie that came out in 2009 to understand all of this or can I figure it out witout having to watch the movie?

The movie was alternate universe. Ao is a sequel to the 2005 TV series. Watching the original tv series is recommended.
Aqua_ElevenMay 10, 2013 11:02 PM
Aug 21, 2014 8:43 AM

May 2012
So Ao's mother is indeed Eureka, it's interesting though so Ao's Renton and Eureka's son and if so what happened with Renton? Still quite interesting development so let's see what will happen next!
Jan 25, 2015 3:41 PM

Nov 2014
Still confused and alot of characters at once but the show certainly has my attention!
Oct 3, 2021 10:34 AM

Feb 2012
Op updated with Ao's green hair

Two Hatsune Miku references in a scenes involving resident Otaku pilot Elena.

The G-Monster is shaped like the board Eureka and Renton rode! So are these creatures mimicking objects from the original Eureka Seven timeline/timeframe?

Eureka dyed her teal hair black in response to the racism she faced from the islanders, and now her son's teal hair has emerged.

Fortress_MaximusOct 3, 2021 10:38 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.