Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 27, 2012 4:11 AM

Jan 2012
I enjoyed the way Kaoru confessed. Looking forward to next episode.

Apr 27, 2012 5:13 AM

Dec 2009
I was so relieved when Kaoru confessed at the end. I was seriously in agony over my fear this would turn into one of those melodramatic love triangles/squares. Of course the show can still go there but I have a little hope it will continue to surprise me.
Ara ara.
Apr 27, 2012 5:30 AM

Oct 2011
genius new anime of the season! draws me in the way paradise kiss did...it just has that sophisticated romantic real life vibe that is so very rare in anime (which is very sad) - also, the music is truly outstanding - it's so great to hear truly classic jazz pieces in an anime - being a musician and also a retard in romance, i can definitely relate to kaoru - being in love with the beautiful girl who happens to be in love with yr. alpha-male friend instead of you: been there, done that, not fun! great show!!!!
Apr 27, 2012 5:48 AM

Apr 2009
That confession was just amazing.
Apr 27, 2012 6:10 AM

Nov 2011
Great confession, the show's moving much faster than I expected it to
Apr 27, 2012 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
Whoah, that was something. Quite a lot of development for 1 episode, loved it.

I just wonder if my hunch that Yurika wanted to draw Sentaro is right, or they just so had sex. Considering it's 60's i'm betting all on drawing but can never be sure.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 27, 2012 6:42 AM

Nov 2010
What a wonderfull episode with "Bill Evans - The Someday My Prince Will Come" as Icing on the Cake at the end.
Quickly recognized as the final tune on Snow White as well
Apr 27, 2012 7:14 AM

Nov 2009
Beautiful as ever.
Apr 27, 2012 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode and an amazing series so far.
Apr 27, 2012 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
This is moving along rather quickly.
And interesting role reversal here. We have Sentarou, the macho man turning weak at the knees at the mere thought of asking someone out and then we have Kaoru, who looks like a pushover but his confession was gutsy and beautiful.
Apr 27, 2012 7:40 AM

Apr 2011
The best. Just the best series this season.
Not everything went as it should.
I am glad that the characters show range of emotions, not just only smiling all the time...

I fell in love to this series, seriously.
Apr 27, 2012 8:01 AM

May 2009
hands down...we've got a winner already! :D
Apr 27, 2012 8:15 AM

May 2010
Impressive episode. The pacing, music, characters, comedy, romance, EVERYTHING!!

Also, Kaoru's pretty manly!! That was a great way of confessing someone's feelings.
Apr 27, 2012 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
Wow every week leaves me wanting so much more its somthing I wish just wouldn't stop because watching this it only feels like it has gone for a minute
Everything may seem a little rushed but I think it's better then it being to slow.
easy 5/5 once again,
Apr 27, 2012 8:52 AM

Mar 2012
Maybe I'm just not a sucker for really cheesy things, but I still don't see what was so great about his confession. It was cool that he had the confidence to get it out of the way nice and early, but the confession itself was average. It could have been serious, but his playing the piano first and choosing a song called 'someday my prince will come' just made me laugh out loud.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 27, 2012 8:53 AM

Oct 2011
Oh,ah. What a weird relationship if we even can call it "relationship". Kaoru likes Ri-chan but she likes Sentaro at the same time he likes senpai from 2nd year ^ ^.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2012 10:13 AM

Jan 2008
Loved the episode. I actually had a feeling that Ritsuko might have a thing for Sentaro from the first episode and this episode confirmed my suspicion.

I don't know what is going to happen but I hope Kaoru and Ritsuko end up together. I am pretty sure Sentaro will know about Ritsuko's feelings for him and then he might start to fall for her but I hope it is going to be Kaoru she is going to choose. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 27, 2012 10:24 AM

May 2009
OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWSH!!! =D
Wooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!! He said it!! Yeaheaaa!!! =D

No kidding, this is fast paced! I was really starting to wonder when that first misunderstanding popped up with Yurika and Ri'ko, how long would this show stretch it to clear it all up... how clichedly far they could take it. But damn... I felt a HUGE surge of relief that Kaoru manned up to confess, that he couldn't stand the thought that Ri'ko had thought otherwise. Oh, I SO can't wait for the next episode when Kaoru hears what Ri'ko has to say! =D Woooot!

And damn, that Sentarou... no, more like Yurika is faaaaaassssst! :))))
But I'm starting to feel a little worried that Sen might end up feeling used. I mean... that dialogue that Yurika said... "Don't be so stiff..." gah... it makes me think wrongly of her. :( And Sen's just tooo brimming with his own new-found thumping feelings to notice much..

Ajunky said:
onzeedge said:
Still, the new girl hasn't given enough to go on yet, will be intersting to see what she's like. I mean, she didn't seem dissapointed when Sentaro said Kaoru asked her to come.
I'm almost sure she knew all along it was Sentaro by his "subtle" nervousness. Though I can't figure out why she told Ri-chan it had been Kaoru who invited her... could she be the manipulative type?
x3mslayer said:
I'm glad the guy had the guts to NOT stall the confession.. nice for a change.
Refreshing isn't it? We definitely need more MCs like that.

Yeah. Even I believe Yurika figured out that it was Sen who wanted to be with her. Either she was manipulative, or else she was just trying to figure out whom Ri'ko likes by checking out her reaction as she said it. Maybe give her a heads up on the affair, or to see which one had really invited her? That is, saying she was nice. But then again, the way she was with Sen... I don't know... she does seem the flirty manipulative type. Who knows, she may have planted herself with those thugs in the last ep. haha! :)))

HatsumiShinogu said:
Loved the episode. I actually had a feeling that Ritsuko might have a thing for Sentaro from the first episode and this episode confirmed my suspicion.

I don't know what is going to happen but I hope Kaoru and Ritsuko end up together. I am pretty sure Sentaro will know about Ritsuko's feelings for him and then he might start to fall for her but I hope it is going to be Kaoru she is going to choose. Can't wait for the next episode.

Umm... So far as seen in this episode, I perceived that it was only Kaoru who misunderstood Ri'ko, that she has feelings for Sen. She may, but one she hasn't realised yet. Maybe later on. But as much as I understood from this ep, Ri'ko was feeling jealous that Kaoru likes Yurika. I mean the whole ep was centered on that very fact that Ri'ko kept misunderstanding it. Which was finally cleared up from the man in question himself. Ri'ko already likes Kaoru. She said it herself right, "You like Yurika-san don't you? So you got mad at Sentarou for showing off that handkerchief."
And on the roof, she handed that kerchief to Sen to kind of shove it in his face in order to tell him to keep it to himself if he thought it was so special.

__

With all this love, other parts were good too. :) Like the jazz session. :) How they both found their groove and rhythm. Haha! Festival Jazz. :) Nice. Music can cheer you up, sure. And it also felt a deja-vu bit like how Sen was following him on the roof that first time in the rain. Lol.

And omg! Those kids! Well, to me, they seem adopted. :) They're all too young. That's a nice place Sen has. It's all fuzzy warm. Starting to wonder if Sen was adopted too... Hmmm... That would be interesting, especially with that "Special Christianity Case".

KundaliniApr 27, 2012 10:35 AM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 27, 2012 12:44 PM

May 2010
noitaminA is back!!!!
It's incredible how they choose the right animes this time. Sakamachi is beautiful, amazing. The final of the episode was so fantastic.
Apr 27, 2012 2:05 PM

Sep 2009
This anime is getting better by each episode! I never saw that Ritsuka would be in love with Sentarou though :c
Apr 27, 2012 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode :) I'm loving all these complications; it makes the show so much more beautiful.

I did feel like the pacing was kind of off this episode, but after a while I got settled into it.

Ahh, if only the guy I like would tell me that.... :)

5/5

Oh and haha. I think that Sentarou and Yurika weren't actually doing "that". I'm absolutely sure that he was modeling for a painting... XD
fishergirl16Apr 27, 2012 3:32 PM
Apr 27, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2010
ChoomTOP said:
This anime is getting better by each episode! I never saw that Ritsuka would be in love with Sentarou though :c

Honestly, are you an idiot?
She's in love with Kaoru. Kaoru just misunderstood her feelings and thought she was crying because of Sentarou and Yurika.
Gosh, no offense, but is it that hard to pick up on?
Apr 27, 2012 6:27 PM

Oct 2011
damn.

the pacing is way too fast. lol
Nope.
Apr 27, 2012 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
Woahhh, Fantastic episode.
So far every episode has just BLOWN ME AWAY.

Really quick development wasn't really expecting Kaoru to confess so soon. Plus wondering what's going really with Sentarou and Yurika. What was that whole thing about behind the curtains? To me it kind of looked like they were posing to be drawn by an artist or something but who knows!
Great episode and certainly can't wait for the next!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 27, 2012 8:38 PM

Jan 2009
nice ep really nice show 9/10 atm!
Apr 27, 2012 8:57 PM

Feb 2012
fishergirl16 said:
ChoomTOP said:

She's in love with Kaoru. Kaoru just misunderstood her feelings and thought she was crying because of Sentarou and Yurika.

Are you being sarcastic, I hope?
Apr 27, 2012 9:08 PM

Jun 2008
three episodes in and already a confession, nice for a change!

10/10.
Apr 27, 2012 9:10 PM

Jun 2008
Ragix said:
Woahhh, Fantastic episode.
So far every episode has just BLOWN ME AWAY.

Really quick development wasn't really expecting Kaoru to confess so soon. Plus wondering what's going really with Sentarou and Yurika. What was that whole thing about behind the curtains? To me it kind of looked like they were posing to be drawn by an artist or something but who knows!
Great episode and certainly can't wait for the next!

sorry for double post but that is also the impression i got from that scene between Sentarou and Yurika, possibly leading to another misunderstanding.
Apr 27, 2012 9:17 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome, when I was beginning to watch this show I thought I wouldn't like it but it has turned out to be pretty good and greatly conveys feelings :D
Apr 27, 2012 9:19 PM

Oct 2011
wow they made this anime flow prety well for only being on episode 3 i feal very fillimilar with it
Apr 27, 2012 11:03 PM

Mar 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
fishergirl16 said:
ChoomTOP said:

I don't think he is, lol.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 28, 2012 1:00 AM
Oct 2010
JoshSalas said:
Something tells me fishergirl16 isn't a guy, but you're probably right otherwise.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 28, 2012 1:13 AM

Jul 2010
i like those shrimps who have guts.pretty rare in anime nowadays..
looking forward to the progress
Apr 28, 2012 4:02 AM

Oct 2010
ALL THESE FEELINGS OMG ヽ(;▽;)ノ
[insert awesome signature here]
Apr 28, 2012 4:36 AM
Jan 2012
fishergirl16 said:
ChoomTOP said:

No reason to lash out like that, especially when you're most likely in the wrong.

Ri-chan thinks both Sentaro and Kaoru have the hots for Yurika, and she likes Sentaro. Watch again how relieved she sounds when Yurika says Kaoru invited her, how bummed she looks when Sentaro doesn't even look at her new hairstyle, or when she doesn't want Yurika to challenge Sentaro to a climb onto the Lovers' Rock, how she clenches the onigiri having Yurika and Sentaro in front of her, acting kinda close, or when Sentaro bandages Yurika's scratch Ri-chan is put in a very "sad" camera angle etc.

Later she doesn't want Sentaro and Kaoru to fight over Yurika, that they shouldn't be angry at each other when she knows they both mean much to each other.
Apr 28, 2012 5:12 AM

Mar 2009
Having read the source material, @onzeedge got it right in that Ri-chan is secretly crushing on Sentaro, who is her childhood friend. She obviously misunderstood that Kaoru likes Yurika thus didn't want them to fight over Yurika and ruin their budding friendship. Ri-chan is happy that Sentaro found not just a jamming buddy, but a friend in Kaoru and wants to protect that friendship. Anyway, Kaoru really cut to the chase and cleared up that misunderstanding with Ri-chan by confessing that she's the one he likes. How she reacts to that is another matter of course. I'm absolutely enjoying this adaptation. That ending theme hits my emotional spot after listening to it a few times...the lyrics make sense tying in with what I've read...can't wait to see the rest of the story unfold in animated form.
Apr 28, 2012 7:25 AM

Aug 2009
Oh my. More shows with one-sided loves? The anime world loves me too much!
I like the pace of this show. Nice episode.
Apr 28, 2012 10:53 AM

Jun 2010
I love this show.
Apr 28, 2012 3:09 PM

Apr 2009
Kaoru loves Ritsuko loves Sentaro loves Yurika. And I love this show too! XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 28, 2012 3:12 PM

Feb 2012
JoshSalas said:
Hakuromatsu said:
fishergirl16 said:

fishergirl's post was so ridiculous in every way that I at least wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt...
Apr 28, 2012 3:55 PM

Nov 2011
I wasn't expecting that. I honestly thought Ritsu liked Kaoru. What a twist. It's usually the guy (Sentarou) who likes the childhood friend but this time it's the girl (Ritsu) who has feelings for the guy. Anyway, I wonder how this is gonna turn out.

I was confused during the end Was Sen naked when Yurika came in? Cause it's looked like it since sheets were covering up his lower half.

Oh and is the Manga already finished?
Apr 28, 2012 4:06 PM

Mar 2012
good plot i like the main character and the fact that this anime isn't a shoujo one i hope they just don't turn out showing kisses and stuff... the music is combined perfectly with the whole flow
Apr 28, 2012 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
chiarAscuro said:
Tomodachi5 said:
I was confused during the end Was Sen naked when Yurika came in? Cause it's looked like it since sheets were covering up his lower half.

Oh and is the Manga already finished?
I'm think he was completely naked, yup.

Also, just because I'm seeing a number of people thinking they seriously did it... xD
It was mentioned at the beginning of the episode that Yurika liked to paint. They were at school, she was saying "don't be stiff", and he had a sheet draped over his lower half in an artistic looking manner... I think it's pretty safe to say she had just gotten him to model nude for a painting for her. Poor Kaoru unfortunately misunderstood. D:

And if I understand correctly, yes, the manga finished in Japan at 9 volumes.

Ah I see, that makes sense. I wonder how long it will take to translate all the volumes. It looks like only 3 volumes have been translated so far.
Tomodachi5Apr 28, 2012 6:19 PM
Apr 28, 2012 6:44 PM

Jan 2008
I knew Ritsuko liked Sentaro and not Kaoru. If she did like Kaoru, it would have been so convenient as the two would be in love with each other, which doesn't usually work this way. As to what will happen or who she will end up with, I am not sure but I hope it is going to be Kaoru she ends up with.

If Sentaro realized her feelings, he may fall for her as well and things will get more interesting? I don't know but I have a feeling Kaoru will remain alone at the end. I hope this won't be the case.
HatsumiShinoguApr 28, 2012 11:48 PM
Apr 28, 2012 8:49 PM

Aug 2010
HatsumiShinogu said:
I knew Ritsuko liked Sentaro and not Kaoru. If she did like Kaoru, it would have been so convenient as the two would be in love, which doesn't usually work this way. As to what will happen or who she will end up with, I am not sure but I hope it is going to be Kaoru she ends up with.

If Sentaro realized her feelings, he may fall for her as well and things will get more interesting? I don't know but I have a feeling Kaoru will remain alone at the end. I hope this won't be the case.

I really hope it won't be like that. Anyways another great episode. I like how it's moving so fast. I was hating on Kaoru throughout the episode, but he redeemed himself in the end.
Apr 28, 2012 9:09 PM

Feb 2008
Sentarou is moe
Apr 29, 2012 1:15 AM

Jan 2008
The heck with the modeling scene?! It felt reeaaally out of place and killed the anti-cliché mood. The part with Kaoru confessing to Ricchan was ok but it was rushed as well. I did not want the misunderstandings to last forever though this was just too condensed. This ep did not do what the first two episodes did in terms of pacing and direction but anyway it's still one of the greatest of this season.
Apr 29, 2012 1:38 AM

Nov 2011
onzeedge said:
fishergirl16 said:
ChoomTOP said:

No reason to lash out like that, especially when you're most likely in the wrong.

Ri-chan thinks both Sentaro and Kaoru have the hots for Yurika, and she likes Sentaro. Watch again how relieved she sounds when Yurika says Kaoru invited her, how bummed she looks when Sentaro doesn't even look at her new hairstyle, or when she doesn't want Yurika to challenge Sentaro to a climb onto the Lovers' Rock, how she clenches the onigiri having Yurika and Sentaro in front of her, acting kinda close, or when Sentaro bandages Yurika's scratch Ri-chan is put in a very "sad" camera angle etc.

Later she doesn't want Sentaro and Kaoru to fight over Yurika, that they shouldn't be angry at each other when she knows they both mean much to each other.

Agreed I think the biggest clue was the onigiri Ritsuko was clenching and gave to Kaoru. If you remember he states that "it's huge." Realizing that Ritsuko actually made that for Sentarou. I think Sentarou finding a girl he wants to be with romantically was something Ritsuko didn't quite expect. So the two had a childhood best friend relationship and didn't really progress farther then that.
However when Yurika came into the picture as someone who Sentarou would want to be with romantically Ritsuko probably felt the same way about Sentarou or at least began to have those feelings develop when another girl besides Ritsuko came into the picture.

I mean to say that she doesn't feel some sort of love for him would be absurd since after all they grew up with each other. However how this plays out we'll have to wait and see.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 29, 2012 1:58 AM

Jul 2007
This show is too good. The jam session between Kaoru and Sentaro was fun to watch and listen to.

This season has somewhat renewed my faith in the anime industry.
Loving Sakamichi, Space Bros and Tsuritama.
Apr 29, 2012 9:42 AM

Jul 2010
This show has got to be one of the best i've ever seen, not wasting time with the confession. instead of prolonging it till the last ep.

This show really feels like the reincarnation of honey and clover
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jun 28, 2012

462 by Nebbby312 »»
Apr 12, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dltd - May 24, 2012

253 by defaulticus »»
Apr 9, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

a6342164 - Apr 19, 2012

209 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Mar 30, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pizzaholic - Apr 12, 2012

308 by onnongo »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

166 by lazypanda666 »»
Feb 5, 4:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.