17.8%
I'm male and my answer is no.
36.2%
I'm female and my answer is no.
16.9%
(@[]@!!)
17.4%
213 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2012 4:43 AM

Sep 2011
CodeXen said:
mindblown.

Keeping one would totally ruin my pride as a straight guy.
Apr 27, 2012 6:03 AM

Apr 2008
wow this thread is sexist, you women are pigs!

(not serious... lol'd)
Apr 27, 2012 6:35 AM

Apr 2012
I'd have one and I'm a guy, i wouldn't do "stuff" with him but I'd make him work damn hard because I'm far too lazy to go make my own food...
Apr 27, 2012 7:02 AM

Dec 2008
Kallum260 said:
I'd have one and I'm a guy, i wouldn't do "stuff" with him but I'd make him work damn hard because I'm far too lazy to go make my own food...

If you can afford to own one, then you probably have servants make your food already. :P
Apr 27, 2012 7:58 AM

Apr 2012
Mouhappai said:
Kallum260 said:

If you can afford to own one, then you probably have servants make your food already. :P

"afford to own one", i wouldn't pay him, I'd feed him cheap food like... bread lmao then he might die of starvation... damn, I'm so heartless.
Apr 27, 2012 1:07 PM

Jul 2010
I do want a hot guy but not as a pet. I just want someone to keep me company.
Apr 27, 2012 4:12 PM

Jun 2010
Yes, but it totally depends on how they look and how they dress.
Manly men? Fuck no. Girly men; welcome to my abode!
Apr 27, 2012 4:30 PM

Dec 2010
Androgynous men, hmm.. Yes, this could work to my advantage.

I'd have him do a myriad of jobs, from coercion to blackmail to an assortment of seduction schemes. Of course, it'd be both to our benefits. I'd rather not have him as a 'pet', but as a 'business partner'.

animelly said:
I do want a hot guy but not as a pet. I just want someone to keep me company.

<3?
LaurietApr 28, 2012 7:39 PM
Apr 27, 2012 11:27 PM

Dec 2011
-s so so beautiful..I'm dazzled.

Apr 28, 2012 12:08 AM

Feb 2008
I'd keep one if they dressed up like a cute girl for me and wore frilly dresses. No homo.
Apr 28, 2012 5:03 AM

Aug 2009
I'd keep one as my maid. I mean, they ARE pretty.
Apr 28, 2012 5:05 AM

Apr 2012
No, just no.

On the other hand..

You can have one! No, take ten!
That would mean there are more fish for me to catch, or something, harr harr.
kiltroutgore said:
"I am meme, hear me roar."
Apr 28, 2012 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
I'm against anything that's devaluing humanity. A no-no for me.
Apr 28, 2012 2:20 PM
May 2010
Pretty sure a few people are taking this more seriously than it is intended.
Apr 28, 2012 2:34 PM

Feb 2008
Dafuq.
Apr 28, 2012 3:44 PM
Oct 2010
Ambalamps said:

Then post it in Casual Chat, not GD. The OP prefaces the question by describing how natural and common the practice has been in the past; i.e. in reality, real life. I despise social models that allow these things and given that many people are busting their asses to end similar practices today with little success, not everyone can take the question as an amusing 'what if' game.

So for those of you who replied 'yes': why don't you? It is not impossible; it is difficult to smuggle these kids into the US (boat to mexico, from land to us), sure, so you need a lot of money but I am sure a small minority of users in this site can afford them. Besides, many users live in some European countries where trafficking people is easier than smuggling cigarettes through the borders, making it even more feasible to acquire the services of these kids (or even entire families, if one is so inclined).
Apr 28, 2012 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
Yup sure would. Wouldn't stop at one either!
Apr 28, 2012 7:52 PM

Mar 2012
Hmm...a no for me...
Apr 28, 2012 8:29 PM

Mar 2012
He can be my "whipping boy"
Apr 28, 2012 8:31 PM

Dec 2009
Video of pretty boys as pets here:
Apr 28, 2012 11:20 PM
May 2010
hentai_proxy said:
Ambalamps said:

Then post it in Casual Chat, not GD. The OP prefaces the question by describing how natural and common the practice has been in the past; i.e. in reality, real life. I despise social models that allow these things and given that many people are busting their asses to end similar practices today with little success, not everyone can take the question as an amusing 'what if' game.

So for those of you who replied 'yes': why don't you? It is not impossible; it is difficult to smuggle these kids into the US (boat to mexico, from land to us), sure, so you need a lot of money but I am sure a small minority of users in this site can afford them. Besides, many users live in some European countries where trafficking people is easier than smuggling cigarettes through the borders, making it even more feasible to acquire the services of these kids (or even entire families, if one is so inclined).

This is hardly material for a casual chat. I think it fits just fine in here. There you go again taking it seriously.
Apr 29, 2012 4:34 AM

Dec 2008
Ambalamps said:
This is hardly material for a casual chat. I think it fits just fine in here. There you go again taking it seriously.

He's just taking things way out of context. It's is not about sex or slavery, so I don't know where he got that idea from. Just don't ask him for a tip ever, ' cause he might perceive that as robbery.
MouhappaiApr 29, 2012 5:58 AM
Apr 29, 2012 5:46 AM

Nov 2009
I'd like to have a big castle with lots and lots of pretty butlers. And a personal cellist.

I'd never de-value them as humans though. We'd all be totally on par and there'd be mutual respect, I'd just pay them to be around. I hope we can all be friends too. xD
SaraSlurpsCoffeeApr 29, 2012 5:50 AM
curiouser and curiouser :)
Apr 29, 2012 8:27 AM
Nov 2009
I voted for "I'm male and my answer is yes." I don't care about having one but I will set him free because of the cruelty the OP is giving him by making him my own slave. Everyone deserves their freedom.
Apr 29, 2012 9:12 AM
Mar 2012
I'm a guy and I voted yes. I'm assuming said pet understood what he was getting himself into and had a say in the matter, and got something in return. Under those circumstances, why not?
Apr 29, 2012 1:31 PM

Feb 2011
AlanViBritannia said:
Dafuq.
have i just read?
I just realized half of you have suppressed homosexual feelings.
The rest are females
Closer.
Apr 29, 2012 2:53 PM
Oct 2010
Mouhappai said:
Ambalamps said:

He's just taking things way out of context. It's is not about sex or slavery, so I don't know where he got that idea from. Just don't ask him for a tip ever, ' cause he might perceive that as robbery.

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding something, but you already admitted that these pretty boys can be thought of as property (as pets are, and as people from your initial historical example have been); this is where I got the idea of slavery from. My comments are solely based on that admission. If you are talking about willing people (I loved 'kimi wa petto') then I have no problems at all; and yes, I would accept an invitation from a pretty boy who wanted to be my 'pet'. In quotes. No 'owning' or 'property' or anything. Just games.

Edit: Also, I never explicitly referred to sex, even though I did have it in mind, since the op mentioned concubines. I would also ask you to be less insulting about my replies. Other people are confused, too, although they are less vocal than I am.
hentai_proxyApr 29, 2012 3:57 PM
Apr 29, 2012 2:54 PM

Feb 2012
Sorry, I'd rather have a cat or a dog to keep as a pet
in a non sexual way since 3DPD

also, it's not hot if it's not forced
Apr 29, 2012 3:25 PM

Feb 2008
I got nothing against homosexuality, so I don't see a problem on that front. I see problem in the total disregard of basic human rights. There is no way that "this boy is gonna be okay with it". It's not that you are born with wishes to be someone's slave. And if boy was brainwashed, it wouldn't be free will anymore.

And now, on more personal level, I don't see why'd I need a slave? Be it boy slave or girl slave. No need at all.
Apr 29, 2012 3:33 PM
Oct 2010
AlanViBritannia said:
I got nothing against homosexuality, so I don't see a problem on that front. I see problem in the total disregard of basic human rights. There is no way that "this boy is gonna be okay with it". It's not that you are born with wishes to be someone's slave. And if boy was brainwashed, it wouldn't be free will anymore.

And now, on more personal level, I don't see why'd I need a slave? Be it boy slave or girl slave. No need at all.

Well, I guess the OP's idea of pet is more of the 'kimi wa petto' (look at the manga, it is great) variety, although I could not tell from their posts.
Apr 29, 2012 3:49 PM
Mar 2012
AlanViBritannia said:

its not that he wants to be my slave. It's just that he willing submits to get something else of value in return. I get a man pet and he gets..whatever, but then I own him. I don't think thats to morally objectionable as long as there was no coersion on my part, or any incredibly unfair societal presure to promote this indentured servitude.
Apr 30, 2012 12:07 AM

Mar 2012
Probably.... Not =/...

I Don't See Why Someone Would Desire That O.o ... I Think, A Kitten Will Suffice :P
May 2, 2012 5:19 AM

Feb 2008
jiinn said:
AlanViBritannia said:

its not that he wants to be my slave. It's just that he willing submits to get something else of value in return. I get a man pet and he gets..whatever, but then I own him. I don't think thats to morally objectionable as long as there was no coersion on my part, or any incredibly unfair societal presure to promote this indentured servitude.

What is the equivalent for freedom? I certainly don't see what kind of "value" would exist, for which I'd exchange my freedom.

And, would you answer my doubt. What would you need it for?

You stated that you wouldn't do anything incredibly unfair to your "slave", so I guess you don't need him for sexual services?
May 2, 2012 5:47 AM

Feb 2012
They should apply for Miss Universe and pretend that they are girls. I'm sure they'll be best suited and crowned as Miss China/some Asian country. :)
May 2, 2012 7:40 AM

Dec 2008
AlanViBritannia said:
jiinn said:
AlanViBritannia said:

What is the equivalent for freedom? I certainly don't see what kind of "value" would exist, for which I'd exchange my freedom.

You stated that you wouldn't do anything incredibly unfair to your "slave", so I guess you don't need him for sexual services?

Do you know what a concubine is? Or a slave? Maybe it's because English isn't my first language, but I still don't get how people are thinking about slaves when I specifically and clearly said concubines in my original post. These so-called concubines are fully capable of achieving great power and influence. The most recent case involved a concubine supporting 3 generations of one family through the power of her influence. Now just change the cliche that concubines are always female to possibility of being male, and that is what this topic is about.
May 2, 2012 8:04 AM

Feb 2012
So the concept of Bishounens/Pretty Boys have existed for thousands of years...
May 2, 2012 10:17 AM

Apr 2012
Uh? Yeah? I'd rather date then keep locked up as my slave.
And Zero said "Let there be rebellion for the power of the geass is hidden within all of you".
May 2, 2012 10:22 AM

Feb 2008

Wiki said:
A concubine is generally a woman in an ongoing, marriage-like relationship with a man with whom she cannot be married for a specific reason. It may be because she is of lower social rank than the man (including slave status) or because the man is already married.

I did understand well after all. It's a slave after all. Maybe not the slave as they were back in ancient Egypt (for example), but it's a slave nevertheless. You have "ownership" over someone, it counts them as your slave.

And for third time now, why would you need a concubine? Be it male or female.
May 2, 2012 3:56 PM

May 2012
I was going to say no, then I saw the pictures... I let my inner fangirl get the better of me...

But really, I'd rather not keep ANY type of person in my household. I'd rather just have a friend or something who looks like that... BISHIES!!! I LOVE BISHIES!!! *is shot*
May 2, 2012 9:43 PM
Mar 2012
Mouhappai said:
AlanViBritannia said:
jiinn said:
AlanViBritannia said:

Do you know what a concubine is? Or a slave? Maybe it's because English isn't my first language, but I still don't get how people are thinking about slaves when I specifically and clearly said concubines in my original post. These so-called concubines are fully capable of achieving great power and influence. The most recent case involved a concubine supporting 3 generations of one family through the power of her influence. Now just change the cliche that concubines are always female to possibility of being male, and that is what this topic is about.

Ok, so to distinguish between a concubine and slave, let’s ask two questions. How does did these guys become concubines? And how hard is it for them to quit their concubine jobs? In other words, what consequences do they face, not the exceptionally powerful ones but the regular joe concubines, for trying to stop being concubines?
extraspectraMay 2, 2012 9:53 PM
May 2, 2012 9:47 PM

Mar 2008
AlanViBritannia said:

There are people with BDSM fetishs of being a slave
May 2, 2012 10:02 PM

Sep 2011
It is having a sex slave. I wouldn't mind having an actual relationship with a pretty boy - but a "concubine" that's just strange and immoral. There is still prostitution and I don't see that as any different from this.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
May 2, 2012 10:38 PM

Feb 2010
Hmm I thought it's going to be about those male servants the chinese emperors have to announce wherever the emperor is going. Then they have their dick cut off so they can't sleep with any of the emperor's women. But this pretty boys and beautiful men is something I never heard of.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2012 10:47 PM

Feb 2011
AlanViBritannia said:
Dafuq.
May 3, 2012 4:08 AM

Dec 2008
jiinn said:
Ok, so to distinguish between a concubine and slave, let’s ask two questions. How does did these guys become concubines? And how hard is it for them to quit their concubine jobs? In other words, what consequences do they face, not the exceptionally powerful ones but the regular joe concubines, for trying to stop being concubines?

I have no idea, but that would depend on whether the "husband" would allow a divorce with his "wife" with no conditions attached?

At any rate judging by most of the comments here, it would seem the idea of a male concubine just doesn't sit well in the western sense, lol.
May 3, 2012 4:45 AM

Feb 2008
jiinn said:

1) Does it matter? It is not the way you are made into slave that counts, it's the fact that you are "owned" by someone else. Being a slave means that you have to be in someone's disposal 24/7.
Girls in harems, in Muslim countries, did "enjoy" some benefits, but they were slaves. They called themselves slaves of the ruler, because it's the ruler who has total ownership of the girls.

2) Is it really without consequences? If a slave "wants to quit", and that is fine with the owner, there's no problem. But is it ever that way? Depending on how influential owner is, slave can have serious consequences because of bailing out. Of course, saying that slaves are ever able to actually get out from their agreement.
May 3, 2012 6:08 AM
Mar 2012
AlanViBritannia said:
jiinn said:

1) Does it matter? It is not the way you are made into slave that counts, it's the fact that you are "owned" by someone else. Being a slave means that you have to be in someone's disposal 24/7.
Girls in harems, in Muslim countries, did "enjoy" some benefits, but they were slaves. They called themselves slaves of the ruler, because it's the ruler who has total ownership of the girls.

2) Is it really without consequences? If a slave "wants to quit", and that is fine with the owner, there's no problem. But is it ever that way? Depending on how influential owner is, slave can have serious consequences because of bailing out. Of course, saying that slaves are ever able to actually get out from their agreement.

Both of those things matter. I can't do whatever I want at work. Most people feel fairly controlled on the job. But if you decide to take the job and can accept to reasonable hit to your cash flow from leaving then it’s not an evil job and it’s not slavery.

So being a concubine may seem harsh, but if they are not forced to accept the position, and can leave with reasonable consequences then they have decided to become prostitutes of their own free will. The questions not ,“are there consequences for quitting?” It’s, “how serious are the consequences for quitting?”

I know that too may seem wrong, but I have no moral objection to prostitution. I would never go to a prostitute because they have diseases :), but not because of the wrongness of it.
May 3, 2012 6:08 AM

Mar 2012
I Was To Lazy To Read, But If You're Looking For Handsome Guy, That's Me :>
I'm Too Full Of My Self BTW.

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
May 3, 2012 8:44 AM

Apr 2009
i'm a pretty boy :D SWAG
May 3, 2012 11:47 AM
Oct 2010
jiinn said:
and can leave with reasonable consequences then they have decided to become prostitutes of their own free will.

By definition of 'being owned' they cannot do that. If your definition of concubine allows them to leave whenever they want by their own will then they are not being owned, they are employed. Here:

Ownership

Employment
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.