Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2012 1:20 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The birth of the song "Lacie".

Lacie didn't think of Jack as important as him to her, because it was just a time when she argued against her brother.

"Sadness"

Gil remembering everything and trying to do something, and Vincent is trying to stop him. Barma said what Jack said was fake. He's not hero, but the cause of everything.

Jack just wanted to give this world that Lacie, who died, loved to Will of Abyss. Oz was a chain made in Jack's request to Will of Abyss, and wants Oz's power of destroying for that. Alice came to the rescue!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 18, 2012 6:39 AM
Sep 2011
Not sure what to say.
But we went back to the present so yay !
Apr 18, 2012 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
there is a lot to talk about in this chapter
I got to realize how insane Jack was ..." if you don't want her to feel lonely just go yourself !" but I still like him :p

and FINALLY back to present ..I really want to know what Gil's reaction on all of this , what's with the "O...z ? " thing ?!!!
for an instant I thought that he was the one who attacked Break with Raven when Oz was mentioned .

yeah Alice's back to stage !

Can't wait till next chapter >_<
Apr 18, 2012 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
Where'd you read this at?
Apr 18, 2012 1:26 PM

Mar 2010
HomuraRewind said:

There are no scans yet, only the spoilers. LJ and Tumblr and stuff!
Apr 18, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
Maidofag said:
HomuraRewind said:

There are no scans yet, only the spoilers. LJ and Tumblr and stuff!

I'm on Tumblr and I've already gotten some spoilers. Woot. ^_^

Now to go through LJ and find more.
Apr 18, 2012 5:28 PM
Sep 2011
Okay my first post didn't say much but -
That flashback when Jack called the Intention a glutton [Oz's memories from way earlier chapters] really did occur. o no;

It still doesn't explain what Lacie's Chain was, if Jack has "Oz the B-Rabbit" and 'Oz' has "Alice the B-Rabbit" what did Lacie have?

&& Poor Alice and her Oz rabbit and Jack, Lacie didn't even give second thought about her earring when she gave it to him and their encounter was only because she had time to waste. It kind of sucks for him and makes Jack x Lacie one sided.

Also... she blamed Jack for realizing loneliness, but isn't it a good thing to understand all feelings?

"I should deliver the world to you." Oh Jack, why?

EDIT; Also the "chains" mentioned last chapter make much more sense after Revis explained it this chapter. The chains that hold the world but why was Oswald relieved ??
cielleiaApr 19, 2012 6:22 PM
Apr 19, 2012 8:23 AM

Aug 2010
cielleia said:
Okay my first post didn't say much but -
That flashback when Jack called the Intention a glutton [Oz's memories from way earlier chapters] really did occur. o no;

It still doesn't explain what Lacie's Chain was, if Jack has "Oz the B-Rabbit" and 'Oz' has "Alice the B-Rabbit" what did Lacie have?

&& Poor Alice and her Oz rabbit and Jack, Lacie didn't even give second thought about her earring when she gave it to him and their encounter was only because she had time to waste. It kind of sucks for him and makes Jack x Lacie one sided.

Also... she blamed Jack for realizing loneliness, but isn't it a good thing to understand all feelings?

"I should deliver the world to you." Oh Jack, why?

actually when she "hugged" Ozwald he told her that he'd be lonely without her and that was when she realized that she'd feel the same with Jack and appreciated his passion ..so I think -even a little bit - she had crush on Jack
fayotakuApr 19, 2012 8:40 AM
Apr 19, 2012 5:43 PM

Jun 2008
Lacie blushed with Jack´s words, she totally had a crush on him. If given time she would come to love him as much as he loved her. T____T

I found it adorable she hugging Jack. and sexy.

Jack is a psycho. But a good one. "Im gonna deliver the world to Lacie, so she wont feel alone anymore". Damn you Jack...dont be such a romantic villain...

Lacie is like Jack´s religion. everything for her, and everyone for her, screw the rest, lol.

He and the Will are bff, I believe,since she was the one creating Oz and supporting Jack.

The end was fantastic with Alice kicking Jack and saving Oz.

Alice VS Jack next chapter? XD or perhaps some Vince and Gil helping Break, he is in a pinch.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 20, 2012 8:26 AM
Apr 2012
ive saw ep.72 with translations

jack wants to send the whole world to lacie - he needs to break the 'chain' around the world which ppl cannot see. looks like only lebbie? glen can see those chains.

gilbert has became a baskerville. his speech bubble has 2 layers like other baskervilles

breaks in danger. he stole rufus's earrings which served as the key of the gate leading to abyss which sheryl had.
break arrived where the broken seal and vincent are. rufus summoned dodo, and pinned break down to the ground, between dodos claws from behind.
looks like break will lie down on the ground with dodos feet above him for like 5 month -..-

vincent is in panic. gils kinda out of his mind.
Apr 25, 2012 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
MY GOD! ALICE IS FINALLY RELEVANT AGAIN! THANK YOU BASED JUN!! \o/

So Jack is confirmed as final boss? I feel like we are getting close to the ending...I cant wait to see what happens next. What a great story.
Apr 25, 2012 7:41 PM
Dec 2011
^ I also feel like this is winding up towards the end.

It's great to see everything come together. I honestly didn't expect Jack to be as insane or lust-driven as he is. But this is PH -- nearly every character has an insane side LOL.

And I'm glad Alice is going to have a bigger role next chapter!

5/5
Apr 26, 2012 12:11 AM

Jun 2009
All you got from this chapter was that Jack was insane ..... thats just stupid...The whole pandora hearts world is messed up and Jack actually found something that he wanted so much he based his life around it.And he never was lust driven he aways kept his distance
The world never had any meaning to Jack his world was Lacie and i actually love how pure he is in contrast to every other evil antagonist. He is pretty much my favourite character from the start and made me like him more
And seeing Lacie's realisation made me even more sad...even if her appearance in the story was short she clearly is far superior to any other female cast from the manga
Apr 26, 2012 12:38 AM
Sep 2008
I really like Lacie now and I feel for her. And it turns out she was beginning to love Jack after all.

Jack went completely bonkers from love. Jack, merging worlds is almost never a good idea and what would Lacie say?

But at least now Alice is here to stop him from messing with Oz. I'm so happy Alice is back and somehow the sanest person at the moment. And unlike almost everybody else (well, Oz and Gil kind of have complete mental breakdowns right now, so it's not their fault) she actually can do something. You go, girl!
Apr 26, 2012 1:09 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I just wonder if it's rly Alice there :3
Apr 26, 2012 1:23 AM

Jun 2009
Maffy said:

This
At first i think Oz saw Lacie and then Alice kicked Jack and judging by the personality its current Alice not past Alice
Apr 26, 2012 1:28 AM

May 2011
So...is jack going to be antagonist here?
Apr 26, 2012 3:16 AM

Aug 2010
Dreamtime said:
Maffy said:

This
At first i think Oz saw Lacie and then Alice kicked Jack and judging by the personality its current Alice not past Alice

Really!. I also want to know who that was...Lacie or Alice?
And I'm definitely loving how Jack's character is developing...it's truly unique.

But the thing I'm looking forward to the most is How Oz and Gil will react after their mental breakdown is over. Who's side will they be on...etc
Apr 26, 2012 4:45 AM

Jun 2009
Barion-Zara said:
Dreamtime said:
Maffy said:

This

Really!. I also want to know who that was...Lacie or Alice?
And I'm definitely loving how Jack's character is developing...it's truly unique.

But the thing I'm looking forward to the most is How Oz and Gil will react after their mental breakdown is over. Who's side will they be on...etc

This
Actually that is pre Alice when Jack said he was gonna sink the world in the abyss for the first time my bad
Apr 26, 2012 10:59 AM

Dec 2009
Awwwn, Lacie. <3 I freaking love her, and I love the way Jack "loved" her, always in distance.
I really want him to reunite with Lacie in the end of this, they must do. ;;

And that Alice's expression on the beggining of the page... just wonderful! Must say I like her past self much more than now.
LiinahApr 26, 2012 12:22 PM
Apr 26, 2012 12:32 PM

Sep 2009
Hmm... kinda torn here. So Jack is just love-crazy, which isn't very respectable to me. But, he has sympathetic reasons to love Lacie so much, and his love is completely selfless and pure. Despite all the stuff he went through in his life, and despite all the sex he's undoubtedly had, he just wants Lacie to be the one pure and innocent thing in his life. She's sacred and he exists to worship her, as Orulyon said. His motivation is incredibly irresponsible yet hopelessly romantic.

If Lacie is really still around in some form, "one with the Abyss," I can maybe find the motive sympathetic. But what could he hope to accomplish that way? What kind of world could he bring to her? Even if he drops everyone in, they'll just become twisted and transform into chains. Is this why Glen ordered the Baskervilles to kill everyone in Sablier? To save them from that fate? There's still a lot of questions for me. The same questions Jack was trying to ask Glen: why do the Baskervilles want to destroy/control the Will? what do they want to do with that power? I wouldn't trust anyone with it.

We've seen that Alyss is terribly lonely herself, and has sent Lacie's memories to Jack. But did she really think he'd react this way? Did she, as Jack seems to think, create Black Rabbit to bring the world into the Abyss? I don't know. She was awfully surprised by the Sablier tragedy during Break's flashback, and was in agony over it. She no longer even wants to be the Will. She also still has a bizarre love/hate relationship with Jack. She pursues him, yet she also has a hatred for him.

Who was the Alice from the past who said she wouldn't let Jack do what he did? Black or White Alice? We have lots of memories of "Alice" being infatuated with Jack... I'm still unclear which Alice that was, but I think it was White Alice. This makes for another mind-bending relationship: Alyss loves Jack (the guy who spent so much time with her and made her feel special), Alice loves Oz (her favorite toy that she thinks Jack broke and is now reborn in the flesh).

The past is repeating itself, but in new ways. This gives me hope that maybe this time Jack will succeed, everyone will fall in, and the climax will take place within the Abyss. I've always wanted to see a direct encounter with the Will on her own turf again.
Apr 26, 2012 12:59 PM

Jun 2009
Lacie was asimilated by the abyss so she is like those white particles which i think are life and memories...maybe after Jack understood that he then accepted that he cannot return Lacie back as she is no more...but at the same time she remains a part of the abyss
Btw Alyss seems like she remembers time before she was born after all she remembered Lacie so i guess she inherited the memories from that white form Lacie talked with.
Was it ever explained whether you could go back in time via the abyss power or is impossible...i don't remember
Apr 26, 2012 2:00 PM

Jun 2010
Why does everything just keep going from bad to worse?

Why are so many horrible things happening at the same time?

Leo is still bleeding on the floor isn't he?

I can't think about plot, I'm being distracted by the heartbreak.
Apr 26, 2012 4:46 PM

Dec 2009
Neiru2012 said:
Who was the Alice from the past who said she wouldn't let Jack do what he did? Black or White Alice? We have lots of memories of "Alice" being infatuated with Jack... I'm still unclear which Alice that was, but I think it was White Alice. This makes for another mind-bending relationship: Alyss loves Jack (the guy who spent so much time with her and made her feel special), Alice loves Oz (her favorite toy that she thinks Jack broke and is now reborn in the flesh).

The one who said was probably Black Alice 'cause the White Alice was the one who sent the memories through Oz, so she wouldn't be so surprised by seeing him being destroyed by it. The same Alice who screams at Jack is the same one who says "I won't let you do that!" to him. I hardly doubt that W. Alice would switch places with B. Alice just to proclaim those words.

Dreamtime said:
Was it ever explained whether you could go back in time via the abyss power or is impossible...i don't remember

Many people made contracts with chains in order to change the past, even Break did. However Alyss can't really control the time, she may change the past, but not the way she wants to.
LiinahApr 26, 2012 4:50 PM
Apr 26, 2012 7:07 PM

Sep 2009
I think Alyss can change the past in whatever way she wants... it's just not usually how you want her to. She did make it so that the Sinclair family wasn't massacred during the incident that Break asked her to change, but it's not like Break also asked for nothing bad to ever happen to the Sinclair family. Alyss changes particular events. Past that, she doesn't concern herself with how the new timeline will flow.
Apr 27, 2012 4:40 PM

Dec 2009
Mmm.. I don't think she can. Or else she would have gone back in time to prevent Jack from dying, unless she really wanted the Sablier tragedy to happen.
Apr 27, 2012 5:52 PM

Sep 2009
I guess it depends on how coherent she is, or whether she has to be specifically asked by somebody, or do it in exchange for something.
Apr 28, 2012 9:19 AM

Jul 2010
So happy to see Alice back. I liked the flash back and everything but I missed seeing Alice.
Apr 28, 2012 10:35 AM

Dec 2009
I think we still gonna have some flashbacks. Jack will see Alice and probably remember of how she got in his way 100 years ago or something.
at least that's what i'm hoping for.
Apr 29, 2012 5:36 PM
Dec 2011
Dreamtime said:
All you got from this chapter was that Jack was insane ..... thats just stupid...The whole pandora hearts world is messed up and Jack actually found something that he wanted so much he based his life around it.And he never was lust driven he aways kept his distance
The world never had any meaning to Jack his world was Lacie and i actually love how pure he is in contrast to every other evil antagonist. He is pretty much my favourite character from the start and made me like him more
And seeing Lacie's realisation made me even more sad...even if her appearance in the story was short she clearly is far superior to any other female cast from the manga

Lust: "Lust is an emotion or feeling of intense desire in the body."

I never said that he DIDN'T keep his distance. Just that he was lust driven. By that, I meant that his whole existence was dedicated for a woman and hence my usage of the word lust. But whatevs. :P just clarifying.

I agree Jack is quite the character.
May 2, 2012 1:12 PM
Sep 2011
The Sealing Stones kept Jack in a 'slumber' within Oz I thoguh but well not like everything really makes sense at this point. :P
May 3, 2012 1:01 AM

Jan 2011
PH is nearing the ending, isn't it? Most mysteries are currently being solved.

My life is rapidly approaching lack of sense.
May 7, 2012 9:42 AM

Apr 2009
I was never expecting Jack to have a really great explanation for what he did, but now that he really does not I sort of lost most of my respect for him. I mean, that is all nice and cute but... just no.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
May 8, 2012 4:14 PM

Jun 2008
Well, Ive been thinking and indeed like Neiru said, if Jack throws everyone on the Abyss, they will probably become chains or something. It will be total chaos.
But the thing is...Jack says he wants to give the world Lacie loved to her, and I dont believe he thinks that making everyone chains would be Lacie´s ideal of the world she loved, it seems to me that he wants to deliver her the world just as it is, not making it warped.

It somehow makes weird sense to me...like, i dont remember but wasnt it told that when the abyss was created it was pure light?
what if by merging the abyss with this world, the Abyss becomes light again or a place that resembles this world? (aka: a true wonderland and not just a place of madness).

one way or another i dont think he will succeed.

Definitely the one who opposed Jack´s plans was the Black Alice. And since she appears wearing the same dress as the day she was killed, i guess Jack really did kill her, otherwise she wouldnt have ripped her memories apart. I mean she liked Jack a lot too, and being killed by someone you trust is enough for you to want to forget everything.
White Alice asked Break to save Black Alice right? It means Jack might want to kill her again because she is going to interfere in his masterplan.
I believe at the moment the only ally Jack has is White Alice, and perhaps she agreed with his plan firstly because she loves him, and secondly because there is a possibility that if the two worlds are merged, she would stop being the Intention.

Also random crazy theory:
OrulyonMay 8, 2012 4:23 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 10, 2012 8:30 PM

Nov 2009
CRIMES OF PASSION HELL YEA

Jack was really pissing me of for the longest time but i actually really enjoy his motives. it enhances the feelings of all the characters and their motives as well. alice's "theres no way ill let you do that" was amazing. and im soooo happy shes back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sad that if the mysteries are all wrapping up like this that the manga may be in the last leg of its journey T_T i love ph so much.

Lacie really sold me on her character this chapter too. she had feelings after all. her lonsomeness really puts the entire concept of the Abyss into consideration.

but damn Alice was just so epic this chapter. i can hardly wait for the next one ahhh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2012 10:11 PM

Sep 2009
I'm starting to think Alice killed herself to sever a link between the human world and the Abyss core or something. That'd be the most efficient way to stop Jack maybe. Yes, I'm sure it's been suggested before... I'm slow. XD
Nov 29, 2015 4:35 AM
Jun 2015
I fangirl raged when Duke Obama(Or whatever the fuck)pinned down Break with the dodo. I love Break too much. But at least Gil's probably gonna help him out.
Alice, back in action! Oh yes, and she's up against Jack? Even better.
Alice best girl btw.
Dec 4, 2015 10:21 AM

Aug 2014
Alice is back in action! But I wonder how she got into the memories of Jack/Oz or whatever that place.
Sep 9, 2016 12:44 AM

Sep 2014
Jack really needs to chill a bit, there's more than just Lacie.
Good to see Alice again!
Dec 18, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2016
Alice came to rescue her husbando <3
Feb 3, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
wow... this chapter was awesome!
I'm kinda confused tho~ i don't know what to think about Jack anymore. Is he the good guy? Maybe the bad guy?

ugh... hahaha so stressing :P
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Dec 25, 2017 10:36 AM

Mar 2015
So much fucked up things happening and I agree, it's so fucking confusing.

Jack's plan is purely out of love, which is to bring the world to Lacie that has been assimilated with the Abyss by using Oz's power to do so. But how about the current Alice? Is she a chain or just a child that was made in the Abyss and then got time jumped 100 years later?

May 2, 2023 8:00 PM
Sep 2019
I hate jack so much, but I also wouldn’t mind an end of the world tbh. As long as jack dies in the end and the good guys like Gil (and all the animals) won’t have to suffer anymore, I don’t really care what happens to anything else.

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.