MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Success of Gundam Unicorn Cancels Failure of Gundam AGE
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Success of Gundam Unicorn Cancels Failure of Gundam AGE

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
04-14-12, 4:42 AM

Gundam AGE is not too bad, but it's nothing special, either... I hope they'll cancel it soon or it might get really bad...

04-14-12, 4:47 AM

no wonder the PG-gundam age is no good to watch besides it too not working.

1.3 different story of 3 sets of generation not much to give make short series.

2.lack of characters using come some of them got mis-used.

3.too very PG light soft to watch indeed older fans want something.

overall the age is a BOMB failure so bad only one thing to do SAVE_US GS ERA!!!
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime

04-14-12, 4:52 AM

It's not cancel Gundam Age failure in term of sales

its overwhelmed it, damn with that kind of sales for each volume

I couldn't imagine what kind of profit they have >.>

angelslayerX said:
...that kids today are unfamiliar with wars and space colonies.

eh, what?
Childs todays are unfamiliar with war? With call of duty and all those wargames that fly around?

sure you remember that he talked about kids in japan

04-14-12, 4:58 AM

i was hoping AGE would be an AU version of Victory but far to light harted it is more and AU of ZZ
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

04-14-12, 5:10 AM

not surprised. age is kinda boring :o

04-14-12, 5:16 AM

AGE is pretty awful, but then again I'm only 8 episodes into it right now and it supposedly improves. Unicorn is great though and deserves its title as the best selling OVA series of all time. We need more of that, less of... whatever AGE is.

04-14-12, 5:24 AM

webkid94 said:
I was one of those who looked at AGE at the beginning and went 'ew character designs' (still applies to Dique, dear god..), but really this show isn't that bad. It's weaker than the average series, but much better than DESTINY or the awful 00 movie.

You did NOT just effing say that... you're gonna start a damn war brother.

04-14-12, 5:30 AM

Veronin said:
AGE is pretty awful, but then again I'm only 8 episodes into it right now and it supposedly improves. Unicorn is great though and deserves its title as the best selling OVA series of all time. We need more of that, less of... whatever AGE is.

Asemu's arch is much better than Flit's.

04-14-12, 5:30 AM

AGE is not bad, JUST DISGUSTINGLY RIDICULOUS!!!!

04-14-12, 5:53 AM

Actually if the drawing was better like gundam seed & gundam seed destiny, i might have considered watching gundam age.

04-14-12, 6:01 AM

I love Gundam AGE, but its main problem is that they seemed to have spend the entire first generation deciding which audience they were trying to get, since about two episodes in it became clear that kids didn't give a damn.

Then that led to the school arc (Which I was fine with) and now they've just started to kill people off en masse now that it's clear that kids aren't watching, I guess.

04-14-12, 6:05 AM

AGE isn't that bad at all! The beginning started off slow yeah, but it gradually picked itself up and started getting really interesting. Sure it's totally not as good as SEED or 00, but it's still good none the less.

04-14-12, 6:05 AM

mitch3315 said:
Veronin said:

Asemu's arch is much better than Flit's.

Flits arc was decent, but it could have done without the Fairdain arc. >_>

Asemu's arc is amazing and I'm expecting great things from the Kio arc.

I hope the film project is true and is also a sequel to the series and not a movie trilogy. If it is a sequel they better not fuck it up like the 00 movie. >_> That is probably where the assumption that the UE are aliens came from was because of the previous 00 movie. There is no aliens in AGE. xP

AGE's 2nd opening by Nagato made 4,000 sales so even if the DVDs/BR sales suck the merchandise sales will cover them.

AGE is amazing sad to see it doing badly really am its not that bad once you get pass the Fairdain arc in the first generation.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

04-14-12, 6:14 AM

I find Age not that bad. IMO, the thing that kinda went downhill from the start is that they portrayed the Antagonists to be aliens and focuses on just Flit (maybe some Decil...not really) while the UE were disregarded. Even in Asemu's arc, the only Vegan that has a background is Zeheart while the rest of that race is ambiguous to the viewers.

Doesn't this make you hungry?

04-14-12, 6:35 AM

(...)kids today are unfamiliar with wars and space colonies(...)

Seems like a questionnaire created and filled in within PR Department. So much fail.

Anyway, serves them right. AGE has a quite bad series composition and is quite shallow on character profiles and developments. Unicorn is the very much the opposite. And I don't think its success has that much to do with the UC timeline. It simply has quality written all over it.

AGE is ZZ-tier so far and it's nothing to be proud of. Second arc is a vast improvement over Flit arc, but for me it's only because it contains more mature themes and better space battles. Scriptwriting and dialogue are still sub-par though.

Overall, if I was watching this as a kid it would discourage me from checking other series pretty efficiently.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."

04-14-12, 6:36 AM

MapoTofu said:
I find Age not that bad. IMO, the thing that kinda went downhill from the start is that they portrayed the Antagonists to be aliens and focuses on just Flit (maybe some Decil...not really) while the UE were disregarded. Even in Asemu's arc, the only Vegan that has a background is Zeheart while the rest of that race is ambiguous to the viewers.

It isnt that. In Nadesico there were Aliens from the Jupiter, which you found after like... eh... 17 episodes that there were human after all. And even than only 3-4 really got a charcter development at all from the enemy. What Nadesico did instead of AGE was more focus on the crew personal problems and character development. But because we have three different arcs with timeslip in AGE, there isnt much character development you can do but the mc himself. Although they did that pretty good, Flit is lost in his revenge, Asemu has his problems with not being a X-Rounder like his father.

I have great hopes for the third arc, as, as long AGE will have around 50 episodes, the third arc will have the most epsiodes from all the arcs, so they can do in the last arc alot of character development, and, instead of before, making a harem, as that MC doesnt have to make a child.
You cant stop a troll, you can only stop feeding him.
People like to rage and hate about everything, its one of the fundamental rules of the internet.
And finally, correct spellin doesnt exist either anywhere on the internet.

STOP FIGHTING! - Kira Yamato/Kio Asuno

04-14-12, 6:38 AM

-clicks on Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn-
-Ranked #51-
me: ... yeah...

04-14-12, 6:38 AM

angelslayerX said:
MapoTofu said:

It isnt that. In Nadesico there were Aliens from the Jupiter, which you found after like... eh... 17 episodes that there were human after all. And even than only 3-4 really got a charcter development at all from the enemy. What Nadesico did instead of AGE was more focus on the crew personal problems and character development. But because we have three different arcs with timeslip in AGE, there isnt much character development you can do but the mc himself. Although they did that pretty good, Flit is lost in his revenge, Asemu has his problems with not being a X-Rounder like his father.

I have great hopes for the third arc, as, as long AGE will have around 50 episodes, the third arc will have the most epsiodes from all the arcs, so they can do in the last arc alot of character development, and, instead of before, making a harem, as that MC doesnt have to make a child.

I think AGE will have 45 episodes all together since there has been I think 15 episodes for each generation so far. Unless they decide to give Kio 20 episodes.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

04-14-12, 7:09 AM

webkid94 said:
It's weaker than the average series

That's the problem.

It waay too average.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

04-14-12, 7:13 AM

really give total bad idea making 3 different story into one whole show with too much time-skip.

ya mention lack of characters develop give some were being fillers, cannon fodder, extra, living props, etc.

besides it like make it into 3 season series story into one whole bomb to watch.

overall i don't if anything that can salvage what left of look like failed experiment?

yea better call in SAVE_US GS ERA.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices