MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Favorites
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» seinen & josei »» Favorites

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
08-23-07, 11:01 PM

alright i think the title pretty much explains wat im askin lol my favorite i would have to say is Bartender b/c it went through the lives of different ppl and i thought it taught lessons

08-26-07, 10:03 AM

Well, members already have their favorites listed in their profiles but I wouldn't mind sharing anyway. It's no secret that I'm a YKK fanboy: in almost every forum, it's the same avatar, signature, and custom user user title.

"This gentle calm and quiet is the twilight of an era.
I will probably watch the passing of this twilight age."
-Alpha Hatsuseno

After having read and watched what may now be hundreds of anime and manga, I've encountered so many cliches so often that becoming jaded was inevitable.

Then, I stumbled across a manga series with an unusually long title.

More than just making me actively seek out slice of life titles, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou has also affected the way I view the world. Since then, I've tried seeing things in a positive light, keeping myself amused with the most mundane sights and experiences. I can even go as far as saying that it put an end to the semi-emo stage of my teenage life. (~_-)

So, what is the manga really about? Different people will give you different answers. You'll have to read it for yourself.
Modified by Yuunagi, 10-06-07, 8:45 AM

12-27-07, 7:33 AM

my favorite would have to be Mushishi

simply great series

after that it would be Paranoia Agent, NHK ni Youkoso!, Death Note and Mononoke in any specific order

as for manga I would have to say Monster

Say Satisfied Fans

01-01-08, 5:48 PM

I like those weird little seinins like Sexy Voice and Robo, Ryuuguden or National quiz.

As for a little more 'lowly' series - that's definately Berserk - it's certainly good at hiding it's more complicated messages among rivers of blood and fairytale creatures, but that's probably what's fresh and interesting about it.

Beware! For I wield the chair leg of truth!

01-02-08, 12:23 AM

I have a lot of favorites, but I really fell in love with NANA. It's the first one that comes to mind.

01-13-08, 6:50 PM

Clannad, Paradise Kiss, NHK, Honey and Clover, and Yotsubato.

01-16-08, 8:11 PM

I like thoughtful or insightful shows like Kino no Tabi and Bartender or Ergo Proxy. Anything that is a seinen slice-of-life comedies equals instant WIN for me, anime like Genshiken, Ichigo Mashimaro and Minami-ke

01-22-08, 8:08 AM

Toost_Inc said:
my favorite would have to be Mushishi

simply great series
I came in here to post this :)

01-23-08, 2:20 PM

Nothing can touch me more than Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, I want to have all the volumes scanlated in high quality and in english, but since volume 11 I only can find bad scans from magazines translated so I donwloaded high quality volumes from a french scanlator (www.iscariote.org) and I´m editing putting the english translation of a group that I can´t remember the name now.

02-16-08, 11:38 AM

Paranoia Agent and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

03-03-08, 8:40 AM

Monster, never seen such a wide palette of brilliant characters.

Mushishi, watched it 4 times already and it still amazes me.

Some lesser favorites are, Texhnolyze, Ghost in the Shell, Elfen Lied, NHK, Nodame Cantabile
Modified by Ivantrollet, 03-03-08, 8:45 AM

03-09-08, 1:42 PM

Anime: Gankutsuou, Ergo Proxy, Lain, Witch Hunter Robin, Ghost Hound

Manga: Monster, 20th Century Boys, NHK.
Modified by Danish, 03-16-08, 2:18 PM

03-20-08, 12:14 AM

Deep Love series....my one and only!

04-03-08, 6:00 AM

My very favorite manga at this moment is Akumetsu. Shou has a very twisted sense of humor and I seriously didn't think a slightly gory manga like that could make me laugh that much

04-25-08, 5:41 AM

Koi Kaze, Ai yori Aoshi, Ai Ren, Chobits, SaiKano, ... Pretty much any Seinen romance.

08-10-08, 10:04 PM

Darker Than Black. It was the only aniime series which I rewatched a lot (the action scenes and plot were topnotch).

As for manga, it would be Yokohama Kaidaishi Kikou and Aria.
Click Here !:

08-11-08, 8:43 AM

Monster, 20th Century Boys, Azumanga Daioh, Yotsubato, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Maison Ikkoku (Yes, it's seinen), xxxHolic, and Clannad.

08-11-08, 1:57 PM

funny thing, like with Yuunagi, YKK is my favorite manga. Why is this funny? Well, the part about different people having different theories about what the manga is about is what directly inspired me to create not only the whole "StarfleetCaptain" persona but the Starfleet Academy Cultural Anthropology Department to discuss exactly this kind of thing applied to all manga and anime :)

Now that that shameless self-plug is out of the way, as I explained in the other topic Trigun is one of my favorite manga/anime. I really love the Old West setting, and especially as the series goes on I love how the characters develop.

08-15-08, 11:30 AM

I'm surprised, anyone here loves MPD Psycho ?? This manga is amazing!

09-02-08, 9:59 PM

Monster, Terra e..., Nodame Cantabile, Mushishi, Blood+... out of what i can think of right now. Mononoke is seinen too right? couldn't find the information on that, but i can't think of any other category it would be in. Oh, and Emma.

--edit-- dared i to forget about Cowboy Bebop, Akagi, Chobits, Baccano!, Kino no Tabi, Gankutsuou and Koi Kaze.

and 5cm Per Second.
Modified by Takai, 09-02-08, 10:03 PM
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices