Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 6, 2012 8:41 AM
Feb 2012
randomperson2229 said:
GuiltyKing said:
randomperson2229 said:
LOVE! I was so happy when they confessed and kissed.

But I have a question. If Mizuho is indeed Ichika's older sister (which has been hinted at), TvTropes claims that the camera indicates that Kaito's grandfather is Kei. That would make Ichika his
. Aliens may have different views on incest, and Kaito might never find out, but couldn't it still be problematic?

Quite honestly I don't get that at all. I've watched all episodes of this show but this comment downright confuses me lol. Who is Mizuho and why would she be Ichika's sister?

This show could possibly be a stealth sequel to Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins, which have much of the same staff as this show.

Ah that sounds plausible then. Thanks for the clarification. :)
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 6, 2012 8:49 AM

Jul 2005
This episode was ok, maybe a bit to cheesy for my taste. I'm happy for Kaito and Ichika but at the same time Mio x Tetsurou started to look pretty weak T______T...whywhyWHY does Tetsurou have to like Kanna?!?!? >___<
Mar 6, 2012 9:17 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, so it's official Kaito X Ichika, so what's gonna happen on the next 3 episode?
Mar 6, 2012 9:31 AM

Feb 2012
Ritsuka said:
whywhyWHY does Tetsurou have to like Kanna?!?!? >___<

Why does anyone like anyone? Love is a inexplicable feeling sometimes.
Mar 6, 2012 9:32 AM
Mar 2008
She comes to Earth, she does nothing other than showing off her boobs and steals Kaito.
Fucking anime logic, fucking big breasted papercharacter, fuck this shit, poor Kanna.
Mar 6, 2012 9:34 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
jimjameswhatever said:
Ritsuka said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/love/

In the attraction stage, a group of neuro-transmitters called 'monoamines' play an important role:
* Dopamine - Also activated by cocaine and nicotine.
* Norepinephrine - Otherwise known as adrenalin. Starts us sweating and gets the heart racing.
* Serotonin - One of love's most important chemicals and one that may actually send us temporarily insane.
(bold emphasis added by me)
Mar 6, 2012 10:34 AM

Jun 2011
Great episode, finally a kiss and what's gonna happen in the final episodes.
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Remon is also an alien?
I kept thinking she one from the first time she befriended Ichika
Mar 6, 2012 11:51 AM

Jun 2011
very good
Mar 6, 2012 12:01 PM

Dec 2006
*^* ... 5/5

I really dislike Ichika and Kaito, as characters and as a couple, but I have to admit that this episode has been the best so far, I loved how they showed the reactions and the feelings of Kanna, Tetsurou and Mio ;O; I'll love to see what's coming for the next 3 episodes :D
Mar 6, 2012 1:00 PM

Jan 2012
Cratex said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Ritsuka said:

In the attraction stage, a group of neuro-transmitters called 'monoamines' play an important role:
* Norepinephrine - Otherwise known as adrenalin. Starts us sweating and gets the heart racing.
* Serotonin - One of love's most important chemicals and one that may actually send us temporarily insane.

I hate articles like that who try to explain love with science. Pisses me off -.-....Pure garbage.
Mar 6, 2012 1:23 PM

Feb 2012
Cratex said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Ritsuka said:

I know the chemical processes associated with "love," but I'm talking about reasoning behind loving someone. I'm going to say that who you end up loving is half purely instinctual and half depends on random circumstances. Sometimes you end up falling for someone just 'because'
Mar 6, 2012 2:06 PM

Jun 2009
I totally didn't expect everyone just to accept things so easily. Nice to see that despite her feelings, Kanna supports Kaito & Ichika. Now let's move on Mio & Tetsurou & Kanna triangle. This show is very unpredictable.
Mar 6, 2012 2:40 PM

Dec 2009
KANNAAAAAA! ;AA; I realized I like her a lot now. Somehow she screaming at Ichika reminded me of Taiga screaming at the girl Kitamura liked.
Tetsurou covering her eyes was so cute, but I only started tearing up when I saw Mio crying. ;; oh my.
Mar 6, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2010
"Well actually I'm not an Earthling."

"Okay, we won't tell."

They accepted it so easily! xD

Anyway, Ichika being away made a good oppurtunity for Kanna. I loved the back story we got on her. Later on they got to see Kaito's film when he wasn't around. I think he didn't really want them to see some of it though.

And who would've though Lemon could actually give some useful advice? Kanna was pretty harsh towards Ichika too. It must be very frustrating for Kanna to see the person her crush likes running away from it. I guess it's really just game over for Kanna now. Tetsuro grabbed his chance and Mio saw that too. Oh well. =(
Good for Kaito and Ichika though. The confession was sweet.

Mar 6, 2012 3:43 PM
Jun 2009
I really enjoyed the ending of the episode. it was awesome that Ichika took the initiative after Kanna kicked her butt lol. I do feel sorry for Kanna. Now im looking forward to how the other triangle plays out.
Mar 6, 2012 4:10 PM

Oct 2009
Poor Kanna, each episode she wins more and more points for the forever alone trophy of the series.
Mar 6, 2012 4:51 PM
Dec 2007
This one was redemption for the last failure of an episode I guess. Great one, even though I still prefer the secondary characters to the main couple and wish they weren't together.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 6, 2012 4:55 PM

Mar 2012
I felt so warm when I finished watching this episode!!
No words to describe my emotions!!! oooh god it was amazing and the best episode so far!!!!
of course I ship Kaito x Ichika and I am happy that finally Ichika took the lead and made the next move!!! afsgdhjlezrzxcgdsdgucgsdugcuihisdicugysxh<3

Nghhh... that kiss... >////>

5/5

Ichikaaaaaaaaaaa-senpai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3
Kaito_DragneelMar 11, 2012 1:48 PM

My friend code: 0688 - 6300 - 6898
Mar 6, 2012 5:57 PM

Aug 2011
GDI, this show gives me so many happy/spazzy feelings for the cute Ichika/Kaito moments, but it tears my heart with Kanna's sadness. I know how it feels to be in her position where your feelings aren't reciprocated :c same with Mio, though I feel that maybe Tetsurou could come to like her as well. asdfghjkl my heart :T
Mar 6, 2012 6:14 PM

Jan 2012
italy said:
GDI, this show gives me so many happy/spazzy feelings for the cute Ichika/Kaito moments, but it tears my heart with Kanna's sadness. I know how it feels to be in her position where your feelings aren't reciprocated :c same with Mio, though I feel that maybe Tetsurou could come to like her as well. asdfghjkl my heart :T

I think everyone has been in that situation at one point or another, even me. However i still love Ichika and Kaito.
sakaMar 9, 2012 4:24 PM
Mar 6, 2012 8:13 PM

Oct 2011
*squeal* ^P^ that was absolutly amazingly drmaaitcly romanticly cuttttttteeeeeeee >w^ 100/5!
Mar 6, 2012 8:49 PM

Jan 2012
Very good episode.

As soon as I heard the music getting all dramatic and saw the train, I wondered if his dream was going to be a Galaxy Express 999 reference. I think Kaito was even wearing a jacket like one of the characters wore. :D

The ending was nicely done.
Mar 6, 2012 8:49 PM

Dec 2011
Freaking great!! I just wanted to cry and cry on the last scene
Mar 6, 2012 9:54 PM
Dec 2011
They always have Kanna in unflattering clothes, but she's the cutest girl in this series!
The flashback to (I think) middle school, just further convinced me of that...
Mar 6, 2012 11:59 PM

Apr 2010
AMAZING. I am loving this anime to no end. That was a great episode. I have no idea where the next 3 episodes will take us but I don't care at this point. 5/5
Mar 7, 2012 2:16 AM

Apr 2008
i would be ok if it just ended like that
Nekomimi~
Mar 7, 2012 2:40 AM
Apr 2010
Nice episode indeed. I expected a bit more shock when Ichika announced that she was an alien, everyone just seemed to roll with it. Even though it was completely obvious that it was going to happen, Kaito x Ichika GTFO. Anime still rocks though, found it way too funny that Remon was taking pictures of the kiss. Going to be interesting to see how these last three episodes get filled.
Mar 7, 2012 3:17 AM
May 2010
Great episode. I'm not the biggest fan of Kaito x Ichika, but they pulled off the scenes fantastically and it's boosted up my opinion of the show, especially considering they have three episodes left.

That said, I can't see this series ending on a happy note. I am predicting things are about to get hectic, both with the other love triangle and the fact that our alien girl needs to go home still.
Mar 7, 2012 3:17 AM

Mar 2012
necKros said:
Poor Kanna, each episode she wins more and more points for the forever alone trophy of the series.

This. Now she gained my respect.
This episode makes me fuzzy inside somehow. Love this episode so much.
I can't predict what will happen in the last 3 episodes.
Mar 7, 2012 3:26 AM

Oct 2009
A series that jerks at the emotional heart strings.
I finally get around to watch this and after getting to here am glad I did.
Series plot is playing out very reminiscent to its predecessors in the Please Teacher series it makes you laugh, cry, scream and throw something out the window in each ep.

I wonder if Lemon is the same girl from Please series????
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Mar 7, 2012 5:16 AM

Dec 2011
the first few minutes felt very... off.

but it pulled itself up somehow.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Mar 7, 2012 7:17 AM

Jan 2008
wow.. this is like a new revolution in anime. I shouldn't be comparing and just enjoy the show but of all the anime i watch for the past decade this is amazing. The love drama just gets better and better. And Kanna just Top my fav character.

Gotta get that soundtrack of Kanna 'awakening' Ichika

〇 Maru!

∞/5
Mar 7, 2012 9:18 AM

Feb 2012
Eckilsax said:

Because this show is actually at its best when it's focusing on its slice-of-life aspects while ignoring its science-fiction aspects.
Mar 7, 2012 11:36 AM
Jan 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
Eckilsax said:

Because this show is actually at its best when it's focusing on its slice-of-life aspects while ignoring its science-fiction aspects.

Which begs the question why it was even included.
Mar 7, 2012 11:45 AM

Jan 2012
Cratex said:
Ahri said:
Next time don't laugh at my opinion.

I wasn't laughing at you or your opinion. I was trying to show I understood. Obviously, it came across wrong. I was just surprised and disappointed that you had to resort to foul language and insults to express your displeasure at my clumsy attempt to associate. If for some inane reason on my part I had been trying to belittle your opinion, trust me I would have done so in no uncertain terms (and without foul language and insults).

Cratex said:
Ahri said:
Next time don't laugh at my opinion.

I wasn't laughing at you or your opinion. I was trying to show I understood. Obviously, it came across wrong. I was just surprised and disappointed that you had to resort to foul language and insults to express your displeasure at my clumsy attempt to associate. If for some inane reason on my part I had been trying to belittle your opinion, trust me I would have done so in no uncertain terms (and without foul language and insults).

Well, i humbly apologize for what i said =)
Mar 7, 2012 12:36 PM

Dec 2011
Oh god, Kanna crying was just heartbreaking. Still rooting for Mio though, best girl of this anime in my opinion.
Mar 7, 2012 2:10 PM
Dec 2007
exs120 said:
Hakuromatsu said:
Eckilsax said:

For the same reason the makers added it in the Onegai Teacher series. The screenplay and character designs are done by the same people. One might even say this is a covert remake or sequel to Onegai Teacher (might as well had called it Onegai Senpai considering even most of the designs are the same, including Ichika and Lemon being carbon copies of Mizuho and Ichigo).

Let's just say they ran out of ideas and leave it at that, since the alien thing was at least touched on more in Teacher rather than in ANo Natsu where it's just swiftly brushed aside.

Mar 7, 2012 2:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
@Ahri - I was being a dork for a poor choice of words - sorry. Please don't hold it against me.

I still like the idea that "Love" and "Insane" might be related ;)

Anyway...I not only don't have a problem with the "alien" aspect, but also don't see a problem with it having had only a marginal influence on events up until now. It's "background" - instead of being from, say, Wheeling West Virginia, she's maybe from somewhere in the Pleiades. And instead of dad flying in on a Boeing 747 to find her he'll be flying on in on a "Seven Sisters M45". Humans and aliens having romantic affairs in fiction has a VERY long history both in print and on the screen - I see no reason to start nit picking such things with a silly little love story.
Mar 7, 2012 2:42 PM
Jan 2012
Leon-Gun said:
For the same reason the makers added it in the Onegai Teacher series. The screenplay and character designs are done by the same people. One might even say this is a covert remake or sequel to Onegai Teacher (might as well had called it Onegai Senpai considering even most of the designs are the same, including Ichika and Lemon being carbon copies of Mizuho and Ichigo).

Let's just say they ran out of ideas and leave it at that, since the alien thing was at least touched on more in Teacher rather than in ANo Natsu where it's just swiftly brushed aside.

True. It definitely had a purpose in Onegai and was integral to the plot. Kei was actively aware that Mizuho was an alien from the beginning.

Here though, it just feels tacked on. Once the big reveal is made, everyone is cool with it; Kaito "knew" all along...I know the show isn't over yet and it could still play a hopefully more important part, but it feels like a cheap trick to make Ichika a more interesting character. Honestly though, she has to be one of the most well-informed aliens ever when it comes to human relationships. Aside from her basic alien quirks, you would think she would have at least a little more trouble assimilating. But Ano Natsu shows a complete disregard for such an important part of her character. Maybe the Japanese idea of aliens is different than the West, but it should be a bigger deal.

They could have gone without the alien shtick. She could have been an exchange student or transfer student and it would have been fine. The same emotions would come across: the guilt of having to leave the one you love.

I have nothing against Ichika or Kaito. Congrats to them! It's just as the main characters, the show banks on the exoticism of a human-alien relationship without the alien part having any lasting importance. What's the point?
exs120Mar 7, 2012 2:57 PM
Mar 7, 2012 3:11 PM

May 2011
Leon-Gun said:
exs120 said:
Hakuromatsu said:
Eckilsax said:

I get the feeling the fact that Ichika is an alien will lead to a "protagonist vs supreme being" conflict, which will become a larger issue as outside forces will come to take her back with them when she doesn't want to. Also, throughout the series there's various times where she used alien powers to cure Kaito and teleport around to keep tabs on him, which some of it is important in the plot.

To be honest, I think they have done a much better job of keeping the alien aspect of the story in the background than they did with Onegai Teacher.

But near the end I do think that the conflict of her being Alien will take a more prominent role as she faces hard choices of staying on earth or going home. I have a feeling alien entities will play a part in this as the decision might become forcibly placed on her. We have already seen evidence of this conflict as Ichika struggled with her feelings for Kaito.

I think Ichika being alien is better than just her being a foreign national because it adds more of a finality if she has to leave. In the dream sequence of this episode, Kaito realizes that if Ichika leaves it's permanent. There's no getting on a plane and flying to find her like you could if she was from western Canada.
Mar 7, 2012 3:22 PM
Jan 2012
Cirris said:

I get the feeling the fact that Ichika is an alien will lead to a "protagonist vs supreme being" conflict, which will become a larger issue as outside forces will come to take her back with them when she doesn't want to. Also, throughout the series there's various times where she used alien powers to cure Kaito and teleport around to keep tabs on him, which some of it is important in the plot.

To be honest, I think they have done a much better job of keeping the alien aspect of the story in the background than they did with Onegai Teacher.

But near the end I do think that the conflict of her being Alien will take a more prominent role as she faces hard choices of staying on earth or going home. I have a feeling alien entities will play a part in this as the decision might become forcibly placed on her. We have already seen evidence of this conflict as Ichika struggled with her feelings for Kaito.

I think Ichika being alien is better than just her being a foreign national because it adds more of a finality if she has to leave. In the dream sequence of this episode, Kaito realizes that if Ichika leaves it's permanent. There's no getting on a plane and flying to find her like you could if she was from western Canada.

I do think there is more to the alien part of the story. But so far, apart from having to heal Kaito with kisses (really?), it has been highly underutilized. I want more, but only if they're going to make use of its potential.
Mar 7, 2012 3:32 PM

Jan 2008
Remon: "Oh, a cute boy. Want to go on a date?"

Kaito: "Sure."

Series over.

That's how I would've done it.
Mar 7, 2012 3:36 PM
Apr 2011
Misuryu said:
Oh god, Kanna crying was just heartbreaking. Still rooting for Mio though, best girl of this anime in my opinion.

YES. And we have 3 more eps to see I hope for a good ending and if Ichika leaves the planet it would be good if Kaito go with her it will be a surprising ending.

As I see it the blue mushroom will end up alone that is not good, maybe some alien will come for her too.

sorry for the eng.
Mar 7, 2012 3:42 PM

Mar 2008
I will always hate Kanna.

This episode was perfect though ;~;
Mar 7, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2010
Aww. Wait, no! Fuck Ichika!
How could you possibly be in favor of Ichika over Kanna after that?
Mar 7, 2012 3:53 PM
Apr 2011
Even if the blue mushroom loves the Megane more than the Alien, and I doubt that.

The Megane loves the Alien and not the Blue mushroom I feel sorry for her but she had her chance for years now its too late. This is Life no one waits for you if you don't get on the train you will stay on the station.

again sorry for the Eng.
Mar 7, 2012 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
bassa_x said:
Even if the blue mushroom loves the Megane more than the Alien, and I doubt that.

The Megane loves the Alien and not the Blue mushroom I feel sorry for her but she had her chance for years now its too late. This is Life no one waits for you if you don't get on the train you will stay on the station.

again sorry for the Eng.

Agreed!

And just because I can I will now say

Sugoi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 7, 2012 4:35 PM

Jul 2008
AngelicFeces said:
Aww. Wait, no! Fuck Ichika!
How could you possibly be in favor of Ichika over Kanna after that?
Fuck kaito, that idiot doesn't deserve kanna. Funny how I really like watching this show, but pretty much don't give a fuck about it's protagonist and his alien gf. I'm rooting for Kanna x Tetsurou. Though it probably won't happen. :(
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Mar 7, 2012 5:23 PM

Sep 2009
Hmm, that was quite heart-warming. Well, at least the part with Kaito and Ichika was. However, I feel so so sad for Kanna. Her poor little broken heart! She has so much envy and fury in her, ugh. I want Ichika and Kaito to be together, but at the same time I want Kanna to be happy -shakes head-
And Tetsuro is such a sweetheart for comforting Kanna like that! She should try to give him a chance instead. Then, what about Mio? -sigh-

I wrote a complete review for this episode on my blog ^.^
Mar 7, 2012 6:36 PM

Feb 2012
Well I suppose I was more invested in the characters than I realized. When Kanna got angry and exposed her heart at Ichika I was so sad. Seeing a character I was rooting for decide that she was going to accept it and have to move on hurts the soul.

Anyway, props for a male character in a romantic anime for actually being assertive. And to the show itself for having a momentous confession before the last few minutes of the series. Even if it wasn't with Kanna. Damn this love train.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.