Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 7, 2012 5:16 AM

Dec 2011
the first few minutes felt very... off.

but it pulled itself up somehow.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Mar 7, 2012 7:17 AM

Jan 2008
wow.. this is like a new revolution in anime. I shouldn't be comparing and just enjoy the show but of all the anime i watch for the past decade this is amazing. The love drama just gets better and better. And Kanna just Top my fav character.

Gotta get that soundtrack of Kanna 'awakening' Ichika

〇 Maru!

∞/5
Mar 7, 2012 9:18 AM

Feb 2012
Eckilsax said:

Because this show is actually at its best when it's focusing on its slice-of-life aspects while ignoring its science-fiction aspects.
Mar 7, 2012 11:36 AM
Jan 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
Eckilsax said:

Because this show is actually at its best when it's focusing on its slice-of-life aspects while ignoring its science-fiction aspects.

Which begs the question why it was even included.
Mar 7, 2012 11:45 AM

Jan 2012
Cratex said:
Ahri said:
Next time don't laugh at my opinion.

I wasn't laughing at you or your opinion. I was trying to show I understood. Obviously, it came across wrong. I was just surprised and disappointed that you had to resort to foul language and insults to express your displeasure at my clumsy attempt to associate. If for some inane reason on my part I had been trying to belittle your opinion, trust me I would have done so in no uncertain terms (and without foul language and insults).

Cratex said:
Ahri said:
Next time don't laugh at my opinion.

I wasn't laughing at you or your opinion. I was trying to show I understood. Obviously, it came across wrong. I was just surprised and disappointed that you had to resort to foul language and insults to express your displeasure at my clumsy attempt to associate. If for some inane reason on my part I had been trying to belittle your opinion, trust me I would have done so in no uncertain terms (and without foul language and insults).

Well, i humbly apologize for what i said =)
Mar 7, 2012 12:36 PM

Dec 2011
Oh god, Kanna crying was just heartbreaking. Still rooting for Mio though, best girl of this anime in my opinion.
Mar 7, 2012 2:10 PM
Dec 2007
exs120 said:
Hakuromatsu said:
Eckilsax said:

For the same reason the makers added it in the Onegai Teacher series. The screenplay and character designs are done by the same people. One might even say this is a covert remake or sequel to Onegai Teacher (might as well had called it Onegai Senpai considering even most of the designs are the same, including Ichika and Lemon being carbon copies of Mizuho and Ichigo).

Let's just say they ran out of ideas and leave it at that, since the alien thing was at least touched on more in Teacher rather than in ANo Natsu where it's just swiftly brushed aside.

Mar 7, 2012 2:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
@Ahri - I was being a dork for a poor choice of words - sorry. Please don't hold it against me.

I still like the idea that "Love" and "Insane" might be related ;)

Anyway...I not only don't have a problem with the "alien" aspect, but also don't see a problem with it having had only a marginal influence on events up until now. It's "background" - instead of being from, say, Wheeling West Virginia, she's maybe from somewhere in the Pleiades. And instead of dad flying in on a Boeing 747 to find her he'll be flying on in on a "Seven Sisters M45". Humans and aliens having romantic affairs in fiction has a VERY long history both in print and on the screen - I see no reason to start nit picking such things with a silly little love story.
Mar 7, 2012 2:42 PM
Jan 2012
Leon-Gun said:
For the same reason the makers added it in the Onegai Teacher series. The screenplay and character designs are done by the same people. One might even say this is a covert remake or sequel to Onegai Teacher (might as well had called it Onegai Senpai considering even most of the designs are the same, including Ichika and Lemon being carbon copies of Mizuho and Ichigo).

Let's just say they ran out of ideas and leave it at that, since the alien thing was at least touched on more in Teacher rather than in ANo Natsu where it's just swiftly brushed aside.

True. It definitely had a purpose in Onegai and was integral to the plot. Kei was actively aware that Mizuho was an alien from the beginning.

Here though, it just feels tacked on. Once the big reveal is made, everyone is cool with it; Kaito "knew" all along...I know the show isn't over yet and it could still play a hopefully more important part, but it feels like a cheap trick to make Ichika a more interesting character. Honestly though, she has to be one of the most well-informed aliens ever when it comes to human relationships. Aside from her basic alien quirks, you would think she would have at least a little more trouble assimilating. But Ano Natsu shows a complete disregard for such an important part of her character. Maybe the Japanese idea of aliens is different than the West, but it should be a bigger deal.

They could have gone without the alien shtick. She could have been an exchange student or transfer student and it would have been fine. The same emotions would come across: the guilt of having to leave the one you love.

I have nothing against Ichika or Kaito. Congrats to them! It's just as the main characters, the show banks on the exoticism of a human-alien relationship without the alien part having any lasting importance. What's the point?
exs120Mar 7, 2012 2:57 PM
Mar 7, 2012 3:11 PM

May 2011
Leon-Gun said:
exs120 said:
Hakuromatsu said:
Eckilsax said:

I get the feeling the fact that Ichika is an alien will lead to a "protagonist vs supreme being" conflict, which will become a larger issue as outside forces will come to take her back with them when she doesn't want to. Also, throughout the series there's various times where she used alien powers to cure Kaito and teleport around to keep tabs on him, which some of it is important in the plot.

To be honest, I think they have done a much better job of keeping the alien aspect of the story in the background than they did with Onegai Teacher.

But near the end I do think that the conflict of her being Alien will take a more prominent role as she faces hard choices of staying on earth or going home. I have a feeling alien entities will play a part in this as the decision might become forcibly placed on her. We have already seen evidence of this conflict as Ichika struggled with her feelings for Kaito.

I think Ichika being alien is better than just her being a foreign national because it adds more of a finality if she has to leave. In the dream sequence of this episode, Kaito realizes that if Ichika leaves it's permanent. There's no getting on a plane and flying to find her like you could if she was from western Canada.
Mar 7, 2012 3:22 PM
Jan 2012
Cirris said:

I get the feeling the fact that Ichika is an alien will lead to a "protagonist vs supreme being" conflict, which will become a larger issue as outside forces will come to take her back with them when she doesn't want to. Also, throughout the series there's various times where she used alien powers to cure Kaito and teleport around to keep tabs on him, which some of it is important in the plot.

To be honest, I think they have done a much better job of keeping the alien aspect of the story in the background than they did with Onegai Teacher.

But near the end I do think that the conflict of her being Alien will take a more prominent role as she faces hard choices of staying on earth or going home. I have a feeling alien entities will play a part in this as the decision might become forcibly placed on her. We have already seen evidence of this conflict as Ichika struggled with her feelings for Kaito.

I think Ichika being alien is better than just her being a foreign national because it adds more of a finality if she has to leave. In the dream sequence of this episode, Kaito realizes that if Ichika leaves it's permanent. There's no getting on a plane and flying to find her like you could if she was from western Canada.

I do think there is more to the alien part of the story. But so far, apart from having to heal Kaito with kisses (really?), it has been highly underutilized. I want more, but only if they're going to make use of its potential.
Mar 7, 2012 3:32 PM

Jan 2008
Remon: "Oh, a cute boy. Want to go on a date?"

Kaito: "Sure."

Series over.

That's how I would've done it.
Mar 7, 2012 3:36 PM
Apr 2011
Misuryu said:
Oh god, Kanna crying was just heartbreaking. Still rooting for Mio though, best girl of this anime in my opinion.

YES. And we have 3 more eps to see I hope for a good ending and if Ichika leaves the planet it would be good if Kaito go with her it will be a surprising ending.

As I see it the blue mushroom will end up alone that is not good, maybe some alien will come for her too.

sorry for the eng.
Mar 7, 2012 3:42 PM

Mar 2008
I will always hate Kanna.

This episode was perfect though ;~;
Mar 7, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2010
Aww. Wait, no! Fuck Ichika!
How could you possibly be in favor of Ichika over Kanna after that?
Mar 7, 2012 3:53 PM
Apr 2011
Even if the blue mushroom loves the Megane more than the Alien, and I doubt that.

The Megane loves the Alien and not the Blue mushroom I feel sorry for her but she had her chance for years now its too late. This is Life no one waits for you if you don't get on the train you will stay on the station.

again sorry for the Eng.
Mar 7, 2012 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
bassa_x said:
Even if the blue mushroom loves the Megane more than the Alien, and I doubt that.

The Megane loves the Alien and not the Blue mushroom I feel sorry for her but she had her chance for years now its too late. This is Life no one waits for you if you don't get on the train you will stay on the station.

again sorry for the Eng.

Agreed!

And just because I can I will now say

Sugoi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 7, 2012 4:35 PM

Jul 2008
AngelicFeces said:
Aww. Wait, no! Fuck Ichika!
How could you possibly be in favor of Ichika over Kanna after that?
Fuck kaito, that idiot doesn't deserve kanna. Funny how I really like watching this show, but pretty much don't give a fuck about it's protagonist and his alien gf. I'm rooting for Kanna x Tetsurou. Though it probably won't happen. :(
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Mar 7, 2012 5:23 PM

Sep 2009
Hmm, that was quite heart-warming. Well, at least the part with Kaito and Ichika was. However, I feel so so sad for Kanna. Her poor little broken heart! She has so much envy and fury in her, ugh. I want Ichika and Kaito to be together, but at the same time I want Kanna to be happy -shakes head-
And Tetsuro is such a sweetheart for comforting Kanna like that! She should try to give him a chance instead. Then, what about Mio? -sigh-

I wrote a complete review for this episode on my blog ^.^
Mar 7, 2012 6:36 PM

Feb 2012
Well I suppose I was more invested in the characters than I realized. When Kanna got angry and exposed her heart at Ichika I was so sad. Seeing a character I was rooting for decide that she was going to accept it and have to move on hurts the soul.

Anyway, props for a male character in a romantic anime for actually being assertive. And to the show itself for having a momentous confession before the last few minutes of the series. Even if it wasn't with Kanna. Damn this love train.
Mar 7, 2012 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
This episode made me cry, smile and cry-smile.
Mar 7, 2012 9:15 PM

May 2010
Cynderella said:
This episode made me cry, smile and cry-smile.

Same here. This episode was so beautiful *.* The end of the episode made me cry a lot, Kaito x Ichika you are the best *.*
Mar 7, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2010
Ok this episode has never made me cry this much in anime since Anohana. This episode was just amazing!

I really feel so sad for Kanna knowing that she will not get Kaito, even if she loves him ever since they first met. I mean I feel her pain. It is tough to let your crush be off with someone else and her reaction was perfect. You could not have felt sad for Kanna after what she had to face in front of Ichika.

And they two are finally together. In fact, I actually cried more when they finally kissed. Those two were meant for each other. :) FINALLY!!!!

Mar 7, 2012 9:44 PM
Jun 2009
Ritsuka said:
whywhyWHY does Tetsurou have to like Kanna?!?!? >___<

mattaku da 。・゚゚・(>д<;)・゚゚・。

Jojo-kun said:
I really like watching this show, but pretty much don't give a fuck about it's protagonist and his alien

This. It would be great if the plot wasn't focused on them in the next one or two episodes (at least). But of course it's impossible I guess, because we 'so need' to know what kind of place Ichika is looking for on Earth or whatever...
Mar 7, 2012 9:45 PM
Dec 2007
kiltroutgore said:
Hmm, that was quite heart-warming. Well, at least the part with Kaito and Ichika was. However, I feel so so sad for Kanna. Her poor little broken heart! She has so much envy and fury in her, ugh. I want Ichika and Kaito to be together, but at the same time I want Kanna to be happy -shakes head-
And Tetsuro is such a sweetheart for comforting Kanna like that! She should try to give him a chance instead. Then, what about Mio? -sigh-

I wrote a complete review for this episode on my blog ^.^
Personally I think Mio was crying not just because she believes this moment made Tetsurou/Kanna a possibility but also because she probably feels torn about putting Kanna through the same thing if it came to that. But Tetsurou also seems pretty torn too, I think his feelings are not as unshakable as they were at the start anymore. This triangle will be messy (unlike the very dull and very hopeless Kanna vs Ichika battle).

chickadee said:

This. It would be great if the plot wasn't focused on them in the next one or two episodes (at least). But of course it's impossible I guess, because we 'so need' to know what kind of place Ichika is looking for on Earth or whatever...
Ten dollars say it's the lake where Kei and Mizuho met.

Mar 7, 2012 11:56 PM
Jun 2009
Leon-Gun said:
I think his feelings are not as unshakable as they were at the start anymore.

which means Mio still has a chance. Gosh I just want this girl to be happy ;__;

Leon-Gun said:
chickadee said:

Okay ;) hope it will not take a lot of screen time though hehe
Mar 8, 2012 3:25 AM

Apr 2010
Leon-Gun said:

Yeah, the more this show goes on, the more it makes me wonder if this is follow up to Please Teacher. It was never mentioned when it was announced if it was related or not.

All the details are making me wonder if Ichika's related/or possibly Mizuho's daughter. Also the stuff hinting to Remon is having me think that she might be Ichigo under a different name and something happened between then. Especially with Manami asking why she's still in school and replying that she's "forever seventeen" and the fact she acts the same as Ichigo did in Please Twins. Not to mention the fact that she was using "keep moving forward" line in this episode that was repeated in Please Teacher.
tangytangerineMar 8, 2012 3:44 AM
Mar 8, 2012 6:52 AM

Nov 2007
I d'awwed.
Mar 8, 2012 9:23 AM

Oct 2010
I feel so bad for Mio :_____:
Mar 8, 2012 11:07 AM

Dec 2011
I liked Kaito and the alien kissing but i hope a happy ending to all chars.
But this is impossible.
:(
Poor kana.
Mar 8, 2012 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode. Really, it was. Just Kanna made me cry so hard. I love her so much, and I'm so happy she was able to give Kaito-kun, albeit painfully, to Takatsuki. It was so sweet and beautiful. Kaito and Takatsuki I really don't care. They're happy. Whatever. I just want Tanigawa and Tetsuro. Such a beautiful couple. The guy in the back just loving her without having to show it.

I like Kaito's assertiveness though. He's strong, and he shows it. It's nice :)

5/5
Mar 8, 2012 1:15 PM

Apr 2011
The best episode of the series IMO. Drama everywhere and not to forget about the epic ending with the kiss.
Mar 9, 2012 12:35 AM

Oct 2011
Ardamaeus said:
Lol, so what sap is coming to Earth to ruin Kaito's and Ichika's newfound lurve?

^THIS. That's what I said. A premature confession will only lead to more drama for the couple.

Kanna has the short end of the stick. Maybe Mio will turn bi and will get Remon? Lol.. but seriously. The fact someone's heart is not going to survive this particular summer hurts me where my heart should be.
MaiTaiMar 9, 2012 12:44 AM

Mar 9, 2012 2:06 AM

Sep 2010
Drama between Tetsurou / Mio / Kanna was the best.

Finally Kaito manned up and confessed..... Awesome....
Mar 9, 2012 3:36 AM

Nov 2011
exs120 said:
But so far, apart from having to heal Kaito with kisses (really?), it has been highly underutilized. I want more, but only if they're going to make use of its potential.

IMO, the sci-fi element is just there to spice things up a bit and make the show feeling less cliche. It'd be nice if the writer puts more effort into it. However, it may just add another layer of complexity and end up having the plot losing its focus. This is not a tale of interspecies marriage across the galaxy; but love-circle between a group of boys and girls, with one of them happens to be an alien.
Mar 9, 2012 4:38 AM
Dec 2007
frustrated said:
exs120 said:
But so far, apart from having to heal Kaito with kisses (really?), it has been highly underutilized. I want more, but only if they're going to make use of its potential.

IMO, the sci-fi element is just there to spice things up a bit and make the show feeling less cliche. It'd be nice if the writer puts more effort into it. However, it may just add another layer of complexity and end up having the plot losing its focus. This is not a tale of interspecies marriage across the galaxy; but love-circle between a group of boys and girls, with one of them happens to be an alien.
When you originally tease watchers with the sci-fi element you can't just escape it because it's suddenly inconvenient. And making it less cliche? Did you not get the several times it's been mentioned the writer already played the alien card in Onegai Teacher? He just chose to use the alien main character again because he's already used it before, in other words he just lacked ideas.

Mar 9, 2012 5:47 AM
Jun 2008
Is this suppose to be the last episode ..
Hope they don't come up with the "save the planet" plot again to end the episode .
Mar 9, 2012 6:15 AM

Sep 2010
This episode realy got to me. Not the big kiss between the 2 main characters but the emotion that kana showed. By the time kana was done giving the man she loved away i was realy affected, and then when she broke down infront of Tetsuro and he put his hand on her face, i fucking lost it. That moment made this show worth watching, and it made onigai teacher look like childs play. They have realy made a good anime here. If it has a good ending this gets a 10.
Mar 9, 2012 7:37 AM
Jun 2011
まじで。。。?
How anyone can wish for bad things to happen to any of these characters is beyond me...

And what is up with this hate? Just because you ship one pairing doesn't mean you have to hate on another. Not to mention you shouldn't have any emotional biases since this is a love triangle concerning fictional characters, not yourself (lol). The only "people" that should be legitimately frustrated/angry should be the characters themselves. Every single one of these characters, imo, are good people. I see no reason to hate anyone (if you think logically, that is)

This.
Mar 9, 2012 12:13 PM
Jul 2009
*Raises fist*
Mar 9, 2012 12:18 PM

Dec 2009
Oh it's soo happy happy for Ichika and Kaito at the moment. This can't end good.

Poor Kanna ; _ ; She deserves so much better. The relationship between Ichika and Kaito seems to rip every one else to pieces. Interesting.

Lemon being the troll as usual with her camera <3

5/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 9, 2012 12:54 PM

Jan 2012
I used to kind of hate Tanigawa because of how she always tried to prevent Kaito X Ichika, but after this EP Tanigawa is now one of my favorite characters for what she did.
Mar 9, 2012 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
Tanigawa has some serious cajones.

But still Ichika needs to die or leave. One of these girls are going to get hurt if she doesn't!

Mar 9, 2012 2:00 PM

Dec 2009
Hashida said:
Tanigawa has some serious cajones.

But still Ichika needs to die or leave. One of these girls are going to get hurt if she doesn't!

One? I see 2 girls getting hurt. Kanna and Mio.
Mar 9, 2012 2:32 PM

Nov 2011
Leon-Gun said:
When you originally tease watchers with the sci-fi element you can't just escape it because it's suddenly inconvenient. And making it less cliche? Did you not get the several times it's been mentioned the writer already played the alien card in Onegai Teacher? He just chose to use the alien main character again because he's already used it before, in other words he just lacked ideas.

Maybe he has a thing for romancing with an alien chick? Maybe he considers this as an improved version of his old tale? Maybe he wants to pay homage to his "Onegai Teacher" series? It's been 10 years since Onegai Teacher was produced. I don't see why he can't re-use his old concept again. The sci-fi element is not becoming inconvenient. It's been playing its role in the background. It's going to provide the final obstacle to their love affair, just like in Onegai Teacher.
Mar 9, 2012 2:38 PM

Nov 2008
My favorite girl in this series iis Ichika and will always be Ichika, so I was overjoyed at the fact that her and Kaito finally got together.

That scene where Kanna was crying made me feel bad for her, but I actually felt worst for Tetsurou, not only seeing the girl he likes cry, but crying for another guy and professing her love for him. That must seriously hurt the heart. Add to that Mio, and I just felt worst, because she's a favorite also.

I want an ending with Ichika x Kaito and Mio x Tetsurou. If it happens...I will love this anime..and it will be the perfect ending.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 9, 2012 2:54 PM

Jul 2011
Oh gosh, I knew this anime was horribly underrated.

5/5 for this one.
Mar 9, 2012 3:35 PM
Jan 2012
frustrated said:
Maybe he has a thing for romancing with an alien chick? Maybe he considers this as an improved version of his old tale? Maybe he wants to pay homage to his "Onegai Teacher" series? It's been 10 years since Onegai Teacher was produced. I don't see why he can't re-use his old concept again. The sci-fi element is not becoming inconvenient. It's been playing its role in the background. It's going to provide the final obstacle to their love affair, just like in Onegai Teacher.

I don't mind him having Ichika as an alien or paying homage to Onegai Teacher. What I do have a problem with is the way certain plot points have been handled, namely the alien reveal. I would assume the alien card will be used to its fullest by the end, but up to this point has been nothing but a convenient plot device.

The main problem I have is with the writing in closing out episodes and dealing with the aftermath. EVERY single cliffhanger in this show has had no immediate effect whatsoever and they all have been entirely anti-climactic. I'll list the major cliffhanger episodes, and their immediate outcomes (of course the ultimate outcome is Kaito x Ichika...):
Episode 3: subway camera scene...Ichika just walks off (they couldn't think of anything creative?)
Episode 5: Tetsurou reveals to Kaito about Kanna's feelings...NEVER resolved as of yet, and since the Kaito sweepstakes are over, I don't see it ever being brought up again. Like the alien reveal, WHY was it even brought up if it wouldn't have any lasting impact (SERIOUSLY wasted opportunity - Kanna could have AT LEAST found out and the repercussions with Tetsurou would have been interesting)
Episode 8: alien reveal...everyone's okay with it (this has been touched on upon enough already)

Ano Natsu swiftly handles its cliffhangers without actually resolving them completely. Episode 3 and Episode 8 are resolved very poorly while Episode 5 is a complete joke, troll, and insult to all Kanna fans. They could have easily had a Toradora-esque confrontation like when Minori calls Ryuuji a liar in Episode 23. Just a complete lack of handling the plot point.

Luckily the direction helps A LOT! I just wish the writing would fully handle everything it brings up. So far, it hasn't done a good job in the areas above.
exs120Mar 9, 2012 3:39 PM
Mar 9, 2012 8:08 PM

Sep 2008
However the anime is going to end, Kanna will be on the losing end
I just see no way that she can obtain what she wants; I mean, I like her and all, but still...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2012 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
However the anime is going to end, Kanna will be on the losing end
I just see no way that she can obtain what she wants; I mean, I like her and all, but still...

And that's why I won't consider the ending to be a happy ending, no matter what happens from now on.
Someone WILL be lonely and sad in the end because of that alien, and I fear that will be Kanna. If not her, then it's Mio. Even if Ichika leaves, they'll still love each other 'til eternity and stuff.

I bet they'll downplay Kanna's part from now on (they always pull this shit, heartless bastards) and focus on how Ichika has to leave soon. Of course she'd rather stay. But oh well, I couldn't care less for those two.

Meh.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.