Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 29, 2012 3:30 AM

Oct 2011
super-kawaii - love this show - great family drama as per usual...
Feb 29, 2012 3:32 AM

Oct 2011
Stuartxtr7 said:
Antanaru said:
Oh wow, who came up with this horrible filler episode? It had pretty much everything what makes fillers the worst episodes possible. Seeing the preview, isn't the next one a filler too?

Another two names to my list of directors and scrip writers I don't want to watch again.

I said this in the Another thread this week, and I'll say it again.
"If you don't like it, stop watching it".
i'll second that, on both counts - both shows did their usual entertaining thing - love both these shows!!!
Feb 29, 2012 4:16 AM

May 2011
Antanaru said:
Oh wow, who came up with this horrible filler episode? It had pretty much everything what makes fillers the worst episodes possible. Seeing the preview, isn't the next one a filler too?

Another two names to my list of directors and scrip writers I don't want to watch again.

it wasn't even a filler to begin with. It's following the plot properly. And so will the next one as well.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 29, 2012 5:45 AM

May 2008
Hageshiikaze said:

I'd make friends with some spirits to live in an apartment like the first one they saw for that price.

I would highly doubt that o.o . Unless you watched horror movies and you arent scared of being in one then go ahead.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 29, 2012 6:51 AM
Feb 2012
predictable, about hina, shes really cute, i want to see more development in the story thought.

dat stupid and innocent noble man...

oh man... don't tell me miu fall for that womaniser.
Feb 29, 2012 7:04 AM

Jun 2010
"She made Hina cry. THAT BITCH" is what I want to say, but she let them off the hook. So I guess, she's not a bitch.

Feb 29, 2012 8:33 AM

Dec 2011
I wish the show made some progress, to me it still feels like nothing ever happens.
Feb 29, 2012 9:47 AM

Sep 2010
I still hate that landlady. Such a bitch, making a 3year old child cry.
Feb 29, 2012 10:06 AM

May 2010
Thank Hina to save the day with her moeness !!

Feb 29, 2012 11:33 AM
Jan 2011
Well, all well and ends well.
Feb 29, 2012 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
Well, it seems fate has twisted yet again, they get to keep their home, Yuuta gets to stay at the same number of jobs as well as a college student, Hina is in a daycare, and Sora and Miu can go to school. I wish I was living in a world like that.
Feb 29, 2012 2:28 PM
Sep 2009
Hina indeed play most of the work there. But what really changed Sawa's mind should be Miu and Hina showing their determination in living together and why they actually live together in that small room despite all those troubles. All adults would have thought the same way Sawa did but after hearing the story, they might let it through.
Feb 29, 2012 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
Damn, they should've totally taken the first appartment that they visited; looked nice as hell. What was up with it being haunted by evil spirits, or whatever...? Pretty silly reason for declining it.
Now we didn't get to know if it was located in a good location close to schools and stuff, from what I can remember. I think they just mentioned something like that at one appartment that Hina's school was too far away from that place. Also, why the hell must she go to one specific school? Maybe she was registered there already, or something. Anyway, would be better to adapt to their current home, somewhere close to that.
Feb 29, 2012 3:02 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
bci110 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
End Card in the spoiler
is of Miu in a erotic fashion. Personally I don’t approve of it cause it emanates sexually and she is 10 years old but it has some form of MOE I guess with the shirt like that. I would have preferred a bra and panties better.

I actually don't think it's that bad. True it's a bit erotic, but isn't Miu supposed to be flirtatious? That was the vive I felt from the picture.

And speaking of which, I'm looking forward to next week's episode. I don't care if it's filler or not.
I will agree with you that it does show her flirtatious character however that Miu knows of it sexually is a bit surprising for me at her age. She does act more mature than she let's on and that I will affirm.

And that's pretty much why I love Miu. Outside of her mischivous and flirtacious demeanor which I find very entertaining and fun to watch, she does possess a good heart and cares deeply for her family, most especially towards Hina. I think of the three she does show the most maturity - might not be fair to compare her to a 3-year-old, but Miu is certainly more mature than Sora. She also has a goal set for herself apparently (fashion design?), and was doing a decent job handling the finances. So it's clear that she's a smart girl - she may not show it that much with the teasing and the flirting and whatnot. She's also very passionate. If anything if the anime didn't convince me about how wonderful Miu is, then the first two chapters I read in her spinoff manga did.

So in relation to the picture, is it wrong for me to say that it's now my current wallpaper? Might be too risque to post on the club site, though.
bci110Feb 29, 2012 5:51 PM
Feb 29, 2012 3:08 PM

Oct 2010
bci110 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
bci110 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
End Card in the spoiler
is of Miu in a erotic fashion. Personally I don’t approve of it cause it emanates sexually and she is 10 years old but it has some form of MOE I guess with the shirt like that. I would have preferred a bra and panties better.

I actually don't think it's that bad. True it's a bit erotic, but isn't Miu supposed to be flirtatious? That was the vibe I felt from the picture.

And speaking of which, I'm looking forward to next week's episode. I don't care if it's filler or not.
I will agree with you that it does show her flirtatious character however that Miu knows of it sexually is a bit surprising for me at her age. She does act more mature than she let's on and that I will affirm.

And that's pretty much why I love Miu. Outside of her mischievous and flirtatious demeanour which I find very entertaining and fun to watch, she does possess a good heart and cares deeply for her family, most especially towards Hina. I think of the three she does show the most maturity - might not be fair to compare her to a 3-year-old, but Miu is certainly more mature than Sora. She also has a goal set for herself apparently (fashion design?), and was doing a decent job handling the finances. So it's clear that she's a smart girl - she may not show it that much with the teasing and the flirting and whatnot. She's also very passionate. If anything if the anime didn't convince me about how wonderful Miu is, then the two chapters in her spinoff manga did.

So in relation to the picture, is it wrong for me to say that it's now my current wallpaper? Might be too risque to post on the club site, though.
Miu would be happy for you to compliment her like that. I am sure a kiss on the cheek would kill you heart from her IRL if it were ever the case.

Point taken, I think her fashion design might stem from her mother for sure. I am hoping in that, she will avoid the same mistakes her mother did. I am still baffled at HTF did she leave her daughter less the father was opposed to taking her out from Japan since her mother travels most likely, I assume.

That being said I can see that it's risky to post such things around in public view so all I can say is exercise caution or ask around to see if anyone is offended. Ideally if not then I see no problem with the end card.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 29, 2012 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
So-so episode
Least things got resolved, that landlady I knew had to have reason's for it and wasn't a bad person.

Though why they turn down the 1st place apart from spirits which have resistant spell charms on the hall is a bit baffling.

Raika is still kicking ass :), Her and Yuuta should eventually get together :).

Sora wasn't being that much of a tsundere this episode which for me is much better.

The pres wasn't too bad this episode apart from the two gags, he seemed pretty normal dare i say :L

Less comedy and more realistic episode but taking in 3 kids as a college student is never going to be all happy faces and good times.

Next episode is a Miu one, I bet it'll start off good but her attraction to older guys will bring negative consequences or something like that. I could be wrong though.
Feb 29, 2012 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
I knew the landlady (who appears to be her daughter actually) has some sort of problem with her age. Poor Hina got scolded and lost her ice cream because she called her a lady! I also knew she would come around once she saw the girls. Now they won't even have to move. But... even if he's allowed to make it "for three" then they would still be with too much people right? =/

The first place they visited was great and for the same rent too! Can't believe they didn't take it due to the so called "spirits" in the hallways. -_-

Feb 29, 2012 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
The daughter of the landlady was pretty mean when she shouted at an innocent child like that

So the old lady who they always talk to when they are in the convenience store is the land lady. I really thought her daughter was the landlady.

good episode
Looking Forward for the Miu ep
Feb 29, 2012 3:56 PM

Dec 2011
Tch, crisis averted through power of cute. How...disappointing.

And the bit where they don't take an awesome apartment for the same rent because it's haunted was really, really stupid.
Feb 29, 2012 5:07 PM
Aug 2009
Obvious out come is obvious. That aside, the landlord is rather boring in the aspect of strictness actually, imo. If her TRUE reason was because of the contract she would have my respect and I would have been fine (albeit sad) about how they would have to find a new place (that said I really wished they picked the obakeyashki XD), however tht is not the case, she was thinking he couldnt take care of them, and really quite a pathetic reasoning considering she knows nothing about her tenants (seeing as how she is overtly judgemental and tempermental). With all that said, I do forgive her for that one epic comment at the end: "Next time you cause a problem, I am taking this kid." <---- that right there is a comment full of win.
As for the comments about Miu, she's actually two sided when it comes to her maturity level, she seems very mature for sure but I'm wondering if it's not a face she hides behind.
With all I've said I hope I did not offend anyone's sensibilities, my favourite character is afterall Miu, and I do not hate any of the characters (with the one big exception of that pig, they call a senpai) but I have a great love for psychology and analyzing and picking apart character actions and emotions has become a bit of norm when I watch animes so once again I aplogize beforehand for anyone who I might offend. Cheers
Feb 29, 2012 6:33 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
clannadlover said:
As for the comments about Miu, she's actually two sided when it comes to her maturity level, she seems very mature for sure but I'm wondering if it's not a face she hides behind.

Point

Rodness said:
I think they just mentioned something like that at one appartment that Hina's school was too far away from that place. Also, why the hell must she go to one specific school? Maybe she was registered there already, or something.

I don't know about in Japan, but here in the US daycare is very, very hard to find on short notice.
Feb 29, 2012 9:39 PM

Feb 2009
I kinda fail for not even recognizing Satou Rina as the landlady. Fail.
I added her character now. As well as Sako. Poor guy not even having an entry here in MAL.
I can see why though, with that bunny outfit, ugh.

Should have taken that first apartment. And just have it exorcised or something.
This works too I guess. It was enjoyable.
Mar 1, 2012 2:15 AM

Nov 2010
Some of you guys are fail when commenting about the haunted house.

Sure it may be stupid for a logical adult to not take that offer (although still reasonable for me). But for little girls (and even more, a toddler) in a superstitious country like Japan ? Come on...Learn to change perspective when watching something =="a

Anyway, this episode suits my cup of tea. This kind of anime just need heartwarming moments, they didn't need unpredictability that much :p
Mar 1, 2012 4:24 AM

Oct 2009
clannadlover said:

With all I've said I hope I did not offend anyone's sensibilities, my favourite character is afterall Miu, and I do not hate any of the characters (with the one big exception of that pig, they call a senpai) but I have a great love for psychology and analyzing and picking apart character actions and emotions has become a bit of norm when I watch animes so once again I aplogize beforehand for anyone who I might offend. Cheers

No need to apologize - I actually agree with you about Miu being two-sided with her maturity level. It is obvious that she and Sora are masking their feelings (espically towards Yuuta) and doing what they can to prevent Hina from eventual sadness once she finally realizes the reality of the situatiuon. In a way it makes this series tough to watch on an emotional level but on the flip side it want me to root for them even more.
Mar 1, 2012 5:12 AM

Sep 2011
Well, what a heart-warming episode we have there. What more can I say?
Mar 1, 2012 5:49 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
Some of you guys are fail when commenting about the haunted house.

Sure it may be stupid for a logical adult to not take that offer (although still reasonable for me). But for little girls (and even more, a toddler) in a superstitious country like Japan ?

I fully agree with you on your main point, but just want to quibble - I'm not sure "superstition" is the right word to use. I'm no expert to be sure, but I'd say that sort of thing is 'normal' from the point of view of Shintoism (which, according to the Wiki, is followed by over 100 million Japanese).
Mar 1, 2012 6:30 AM

Jun 2009
JEEEZ!!!

How could you give up on that BIG APPARTMENT?!?! Just hired an exorcist or something, gosh!! I'd take it in a heart beat! Hiring a few guys to do some damn ritual and problem solved. (+ I don't believe in evil spirits)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2012 9:32 AM

Oct 2010
Hina ♥___________♥
Mar 1, 2012 11:29 AM

Dec 2006
It's not that easy to live on an apartment that is haunted, for those who are saying so ¬¬ believe me sometimes those things are beyond of our hands :truestory:.

I liked the episode so much, I even almost cried *^*
I understand Raika-san and sawa-chan, Hina-chan is sooooooo cute x3, I want a daughter like her *0*

oh and I can't stand that creepy lolicon otaku D:
Mar 1, 2012 12:12 PM

Feb 2010
Ye.. let's not take that cheap huge one because it's haunted. WAIT WHAT!? Oh anime...
Mar 1, 2012 1:02 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode, all's well that ends well.

Raika is still the best character in this show, I hope to see more Raika and Yuuto moments in the future.
No annoyance from sora this episode which is also a plus, though I still don't like the fact she's in love with her uncle.
Mar 1, 2012 3:45 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
darkwap said:
No annoyance from sora this episode which is also a plus, though I still don't like the fact she's in love with her uncle.

Just because I feel the need to point it out, Yuuta is technically not her uncle - they are not related by blood. Sora is a daughter of Yuri's husband by a prior marriage.
Mar 1, 2012 3:55 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Rhypo-oniichan said:
Ye.. let's not take that cheap huge one because it's haunted. WAIT WHAT!? Oh anime...

For what it is worth...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_house#Legal_aspects
Mar 2, 2012 5:05 AM

Sep 2011
It seems like they try and create drama but immediately banish it.

Nevertheless, great episode.
Mar 2, 2012 8:06 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode, quick and nicely resolved.
Thanks to Hina's moeness <3
Mar 4, 2012 4:08 AM

Sep 2008
The end card art was awesome. I've never commented on these things before, but I really liked this one. EDIT: Oh, the artist was alpha. No surprise there. He does the art for Akabei Soft2 visual novels.

Episode was pretty good. Bitch landlady finally gave in. I still think she needs to be hit by a truck though.

Stupid that they didn't take the haunted house.
5layerMar 4, 2012 4:23 AM
Mar 4, 2012 5:21 PM

May 2011
Forget ghosts; they should've taken the big, cheap one. If Hina can melt the landlady witch's ice heart, then I think she can take care of any other demon.

I liked her throwing a fit. That was pretty nice, since we've never really seen her cry before. It made things more...realistic, I guess. I always thought she'd been strangely well-behaved.

But all that fuss for nothing...Oh, well. Glad it all worked out in the end.
Mar 4, 2012 5:26 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Forest-kun said:
Forget ghosts; they should've taken the big, cheap one. If Hina can melt the landlady witch's ice heart, then I think she can take care of any other demon.

BIG GRIN :)
Mar 5, 2012 4:48 PM

May 2011
Hina's irresistible adorableness saves the day! Also pretty lucky that kind old woman was actually the landlord. Glad to see this problem end well and they get to stay at their place. Though I dno why in the world they didn't take that awesome apartment because of that haunted thing...

Lol at that hentai pedo president's fantasy... wtf. Haha at Yuuta getting caught with his fantasy too.

:o Yay a Miu episode next it seems.
Mar 7, 2012 2:11 AM

Apr 2009
Yuuta's fantasy about a family including Raika was nice. Except they still lived in a cramped apartment from the looks of his little daydream. That's basically his life goal there, but he needs to aim a bit higher for housing choices.

Luckily for all of them they were able to achieve an alteration of the contract. Good thing the girls were on good terms with the landlady, and Hina's cuteness and general adorable power over adults won the landlady's daughter over. Hina saved the day. And in the case they really have to move out, I thought the first large apartment was a great deal, ghosts be damned.
Mar 7, 2012 4:12 AM
Nov 2011
I'm convinced if there was a war you could drop Hina in it and both sides would stop fighting over whatever.... They might fight over Hina though. She's so cute! Shame on the land lady for making her and Miu Cry!
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 7, 2012 7:54 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, story progressed so I'm happy with this.
I'm wondering about if/when the school friends get a bigger role.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 12, 2012 2:23 AM

Aug 2010
The landlady had a change of heart? What a shock! I totally didn't see this overused plot device coming!

Raika redeemed the episode though. 3/5.
Mar 13, 2012 1:12 PM

Apr 2010
So the kind lady was also the landlord and the frustrated landlords mother and she seemed pretty angry at her daughter to.
The frustrated landlord seemed to be thinking she is old people who usually refer to young people these days or in my time consider themselves old and are usually sensitive about there age.
Mar 15, 2012 1:09 AM

May 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
Hina is able to convince anyone! :')

That girl could save the world one day. ^^
Apr 10, 2012 11:33 PM

Sep 2011
Hina saved their asses. LOL
Apr 16, 2012 11:41 PM

Feb 2008
Its sad how this series tries to substitute moe garbage for good story telling. If this is the best the writers could do, then they should have just written third rate galges for the lolicon market instead, it would be a more appropriate use of their "talents."
Sep 26, 2012 5:04 AM

Jul 2012
hina kawaii!! :3

Oct 10, 2012 2:10 PM
Sep 2011
EternalDreamer said:
So now people are fawning for the landlady, seems like the majority was a bit quick to form their own opinions and pass judgement, more or less exactly what she did.
Quite amusing (^.^)

Decent episode, although somewhat lacking in comedy department imho.

Hina was as adorable as ever though, an even provided us with a nice bath scene =D
But she also managed to remind me why RL kids are so obnoxious, that crying >.<

It was funny, you must of missed it.. great episode 9/10 every episode
Nov 8, 2012 12:26 PM

May 2012
Great episode! Seems everything worked out in the end!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Mar 6, 2012

112 by sinsforeal »»
Jan 21, 4:39 PM

» The OST in this series sounds like Fire Emblem

jendorei - Jun 27, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
Jun 27, 2023 11:44 AM

» [Major Spoilers] What ever happened to Oda Raika?

--Dawn-- - Apr 2, 2016

5 by Shreyash101 »»
Jun 24, 2023 2:56 PM

» I came here after watching the ova

Ghefira - May 24, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
May 25, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2012

221 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 13, 2023 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.