Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 2, 2012 11:06 AM
Jul 2009
9/10 and 8+ for me outside MAL. From 16episode show was damn good.
I quess Hakim did not blow things up, for we saw funeral of ninjas and a weeding- all in place destinated to be destroyed. He realised that there is no border between ppl and countries but still he was struggling with words spoken: I know it but I have to do it...I quess, again!, he will wait for Claire.
Next series about Goro second son with child of Ai XD.
xxx
Apr 4, 2012 7:18 AM

Aug 2008
Yeahh, a baby! But so sad, the baby won't get to see his father until he/she's 7 years old :(
Apr 10, 2012 7:03 PM
Feb 2011
Wasn't a bad ending. Tho I knew he was going to end up with Tanabe from the start who I didn't much care for. I would have liked to see one where he ends up with Claire.
Jul 1, 2012 12:32 PM

Aug 2010
Meh ending. I was cruising about a 9/10 for most of the series, and then the ending just... was so disappointing. They tried to give everyone a good ending after showing you a lot of stark reality before it and it just doesn't gel and isn't authentic. Tanabe gets her man, Hachi gets the girl and his dream, neither have to sacrifice anything of themselves in the end, the terrorists live and are reformed... its too much. In life, in crazy situations such as these, most people get the bad ending and for -no one- to get one at all is a lame cop-out, writing-wise. A silly end to an otherwise good series.
Jul 15, 2012 12:14 AM

Feb 2012
I just finished this series and I have to agree with the guy above me. It just seems like a complete cop-out ending to an otherwise very nice series.

It goes all this way to try to show you that life isn't all that grand, and yet everyone has their plot armor equipped and goes off like nothing happened. The series seems simply afraid. Afraid to kill off any of their characters. Afraid to have them make more difficult decisions and face the consuquences.

I'm not against "they lived happily ever after" endings, but there is a time and a place for those types of endings, and I think Planetes could have been so much more than it is. The good ending here seems too artificial.
Aug 31, 2012 1:11 AM

Aug 2010
Thought the ending was beautiful. 10/10 last episode and 10/10 for the series as a whole.
Oct 17, 2012 1:18 PM

Jul 2012
such a great ending !!! ah I loved the baby clothes in the sky during the last seconds^^
Nov 4, 2012 12:17 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this series was great.

He finally had the balls to propose in space. What a boss. The soundtrack of the series is supreme imo. There were a few episodes that caught me off track but some of the characters and scenes were quite interesting.

I expected more action from space although there were definitely some involving those bow-like high tech weapons and a few explosions going around.

Overall, a great series with a great story. 8/10.
Jan 1, 2013 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
eh... wtf.
this anime turned 'gung-ho' all of the sudden, and all thanks to going over the rails and into the sea.
well whatever, it did its job in portraying how humans react when isolated and alone.
...yeah, they get their shit together and become successful. that's the moral of the story -- be alone. :)
you can have your wedding and babies after you've actually done something with your life.
Jan 9, 2013 6:08 PM

Jan 2013
Just finished this up, and I think there might be two kids. I mean we seen the baby sleeper on the line, more like a larger one, but it also seems she had a slight buldge, and with the way his brother was acting giving her a seat and such to me confiirms that. If I'm correct and there is one at 9 months or so, with another at 4 months or so in the womb, hopefully both won't be spacemen. lol

That or shes pregnant with the first one and they are washing unused baby clothes for beats me why.
RedArmyShogunJan 9, 2013 7:44 PM
Jan 25, 2013 7:02 AM

May 2012
Great final episode that rounds everything off quite nicely, that ending where they played that word game was just perfectly put in and made it all the better!

Everything in the end finished quite nicely and that's nice to see!

The series in general was okey not to overwhelming good imo but still enjoyable to watch! And had a good plot! 7/10
Mar 19, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2012
I am so glad I stumbled upon this anime [thanks to Space Brothers!].. and I don't know why but I cried when Hachi proposed to Tanabe!

Nice ending. I am glad that Hachi and Tanabe got married plus Hachi can fulfill one of his dream.
Mar 26, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2010
A Simply & Utterly AMAZING anime, also who doesn't love a happy ending.

It's been quite a while since I watched 2 different shows back to back and end up with a perfect 10 for both of them.
Mar 29, 2013 9:32 AM

Mar 2013
Great ending! Although, dat scene with Hakim... I thought he was going to shoot her, and I'm surprised he didn't after he learned she was Lunarian, isn't that everything he was fighting against? Crazy terrorists...

Anyway, regarding the voyage to Jupiter, I did a few calculations for my own satisfaction and it seems that the Von Braun is one hell of a ship. In order for them to make a round trip in 7 years, not accounting for time taken to accelerate, or any time spent orbiting Jupiter;
The VB would have to travel at least 20,506 Kp/h. (Assuming that Jupiter is at it closest to earth at the time.)
Incidentally, at that distance it would take light-speed messages a bit over half an hour to make a one way trip.

Oops, did Kami-sama just kill another neko girl? My bad.
TheacuratorMar 29, 2013 9:57 AM
Apr 19, 2013 12:32 PM

Nov 2011
I loved it!

The finish is very nice, it is able to fully meet my aspettative.La paronamica end of all the characters was a good idea, the only flaw not know what happens to Cheng-Shin, while knowing that her friend fool of Tanabe bride that idiot Colin Clifford does not make me neither hot nor cold and! Stunning songs Hitomi in the latest episodes. Too bad that the design has not always been great, because the context is used almost unique! Series that really deserves to be seen!
May 20, 2013 6:10 AM

Sep 2010
The show started off as a 9/10 for me despite the moon ninjas and stupid filler characters. It shifted to a 8/10 when Hachi became a dick. When the terrorist plot kicked in, it just killed it for me so I'll give it a 7/10.

READ THE MANGA INSTEAD.
Jun 7, 2013 5:07 AM
May 2012
I'm surprised everyone hates the terrorist plot of the story. That was part of the allure of this series to me - it makes a great analogue to the terrorism of the present and the strife that's rampant in 3rd world countries today, in the real world. I thought it was interesting that even though humanity had gone so far into space and advanced so much technologically, that the same exact problems that plague us now (like the inequality gap) followed us just as far.

So it makes sense that there would be a group of terrorists fighting against that, and how we label them "terrorists" just like how we label some (emphasis on some) in the real world as terrorists, whereas in their world, they're just fighting for what they believe is right (such as taking land back, or fighting against a nation vastly more powerful than their own). The ending of it was kind of flat (quick 2 second negotiation defused everything) but overall I didn't see it as gimmicky but a pretty nice parallel drawn between the show's setting and reality.
Jun 16, 2013 5:14 AM
Sep 2008
ShaneOH said:
I'm surprised everyone hates the terrorist plot of the story. That was part of the allure of this series to me - it makes a great analogue to the terrorism of the present and the strife that's rampant in 3rd world countries today, in the real world. I thought it was interesting that even though humanity had gone so far into space and advanced so much technologically, that the same exact problems that plague us now (like the inequality gap) followed us just as far.

So it makes sense that there would be a group of terrorists fighting against that, and how we label them "terrorists" just like how we label some (emphasis on some) in the real world as terrorists, whereas in their world, they're just fighting for what they believe is right (such as taking land back, or fighting against a nation vastly more powerful than their own). The ending of it was kind of flat (quick 2 second negotiation defused everything) but overall I didn't see it as gimmicky but a pretty nice parallel drawn between the show's setting and reality.

Kinda agree with what Shane is saying here.

Watching the anime, you could tell that it was dissected into 2 portions, the first 12 (13?) contained a lot of comedy, romance, and character background, while the later half was a lot more serious plot related. In real fact, i believe the first half was dedicated to showing the viewers the unfairness between third world and first world countries face in terms of space ventures. Right off the bat (episode 1) it showed how INTO invaded third world countries. It allowed us to sympathise with the terrorist, to tell us that nothing is black or white. (not racist here)

The beauty of the anime is that we know such problems exist today and yet media, heavily biased towards the affluent, does not show us the truth. Interesting that more than 50 years down the road, when technology has developed so far as to send manned rockets to Jupiter that such problems continue to exist.

It seems most people enjoyed the good(questionable) ending to this series but I felt that this anime brought out the ugly truth to humans and society and did a good job in that aspect. Revealing Hakim's betrayal to Gigalt on his deathbed, Claire's sad reason for defection, Ninja boy stealing his dead comrades things to make a living etc. Were the space defense front heroes for demanding fairer terms? Did their terms improve inequality and disparity in the world? Were they really thinking for their people when they abandoned others? Is Space exploration more important than poverty here on earth? These are the questions invoked in our (mine at least) minds after ep. 26. Not so much the baby and Jupiter.

IMHO the terrorist plot was fine. I was more interested in the comparison between the 2 distinct ways of living, alone as compared to being interconnected. Blended in well with all the ugly sides they showed. Actually now that i think about it, living alone is portrayed as an "ugly side" itself.

ohwells TBH, I probably would have enjoyed it if it had a bad end as well. Not that i dun like good endings, but they didn't really resolve the issues I mentioned above. Maybe because there are no resolutions... Looks like I rambled too much xP
Jul 12, 2013 7:16 AM

Nov 2010
"In space no one can hear you clean" (Space Quest)
This fabulous space tale is like Roger Wilco meets Genshikin and City Hunter beyond earth

I liked every bit of it and it doesn't seem dated at all, since it's almost 10 years old
The characters are appealing as well and develop on a nice pace as it goes

A mature show with topics that can still be used today and contains most subjects like: Comedy, Romance, Drama, Minority, Terrorism (9/11) and even bits of Action

Does the Journey to Jupiter take 3,5 years actually and the back trip 3,5 years again?
Jul 19, 2013 10:28 AM

Nov 2008
willag said:
God, I am soooooo pissed! That was a horrible ending! The f*cker married her, impregnated her, and then left her (and his unborn child) behind! And now she gets to play the role of the "harbor" that waits for the "ship" to return home.

I'm obviously too much of a feminist to appreciate this. I mean, they were both happy in the end, so I should be happy for them right? No, no, I'm not. 'Cause once again it's a story about man's adventure, about men having dreams and being explorers and reaching new frontiers, and the women/wives they leave behind who are "okay" with it and play the role of whatever the man wants of them. Screw that crap. Hachi was willing to kill (would have succeeded in killing but failed due to luck) while Tanabe couldn't compromise her ideals in the end (showing she's the better person all around), Hachi comes to realizations and becomes the calmest man in the world, Hachi doesn't need to apologize, Hachi is easily forgiven, and Hachi still gets what he wants and Tanabe is relegated to the loyal wife. GRAGH!.

I totally agree. Hachi wants to follow his dreams, fine, but did he have to propose? It's so fucking selfish. Tanabe has dreams too, she said she wants to be a debris hauler again. Couldn't they have gone their separate ways for 7 years, do their own thing and then meet again and THEN decide if they want to get married etc? Getting married now, Tanabe getting pregnant and waiting for Hachi while raising their kid alone(ok, Hachi's mother and brother will help her) for seven years... i can't even. It's a great series but the ending kinda ruined it for me :/ It really is once again a man's adventure and the woman is almost a complete person. And this has nothing to do with a man being the protagonist.
willag said:
And now she gets to play the role of the "harbor" that waits for the "ship" to return home.

Ughh, I hate this.

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed this. Great characters, great plot, great journey. I'll be forever amazed by how well-constructed the Planetes world is and how close to what could be the future. 8/10
Jul 22, 2013 4:04 PM

Jul 2012
Just finished Planetes. Gotta say that this was really really well written anime even though there were a few flaws but I can easily overlook them. You rarely see as good stuff as this, an anime where every character (even supporting cast) has a purpose to the main plot and real motives (and no pretentious friendship bullshit). And even though the anime is already 10 years old, it held really well. If someone would've told me that this was made last year, I would've believed it. It's actually kinda odd that this ain't that popular, considering that this is pretty western and lacks your typical anime cliches but then again, maybe dub wasn't that good, I don't know.

It's a shame though that now it will take forever to find as good anime as this was.
Nov 21, 2013 5:15 PM

Jan 2013
What a great ending! I have to say that this series really is a masterpiece. I kind of wish Tanabe and Hachimaki had more interaction especially after she found him in the motorcycle accident. I mean, did she really know at that time if he loved her or not?

I liked how they kept bringing up actions from the past like things that Claire said to Tanabe and the impact of Gigalt sensei on everyone. It really shows how every character and action had some meaning behind it.

Very nice way to end the series by showing mostly everyone and how they were doing while the amazing PLANETES track is playing in the background.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 2, 2013 5:50 AM

Nov 2009
Ending is happy!!! So glad that Tanabe and Hachi did end up together, really was beginning to doubt they would towards the last few episodes . . . Although she is having a child right? Won't it be kind of tragic that the baby will be 6 years old before ever seeing his/her father?

Anyways good series, however a few things kind of bothered me. Mainly A) The first half was ALOT of filler, too much to be written off as "introducing characters", but at the same time not enough to make you feel that it was what the series was about. And secondly, was Hachi's shift in thinking throughout the series . . . It wasn't exactly smooth whenever he had an epiphany, he became a completely different person at the drop of a hat.
Dec 26, 2013 10:33 AM

Dec 2013
I couldn't find it anywhere on YouTube, but I wanted to reflect back on my favorite scene in Planetes and uploaded it.

One of the best scenes in Planetes, in my opinion!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Q8YKUlpqY
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Jan 7, 2014 1:53 AM
Jan 2014
I'd say that in terms of endings: Hachimaki selfishly chasing his dreams in the anime compared to his humble realization about the importance of his job in the manga probably makes the ending in the manga a lot better. But I do prefer the anime because the focus in the manga is far too narrow and dwells for far too long on Hachimaki's existential dread. Outside of that, I'd say both the manga and anime are masterpieces in design and execution.
Feb 2, 2014 1:14 PM

Mar 2011
bugboy said:
I disliked the ending, what kind of nonsense is that, waiting for 7 years? Is going to Jupiter for no real reason better than staying with your wife (and child)? Wow, so what was the purpose of his enlightenment, if he just returns to space?

Granted, I still gave it a 9/10, but it would have been a 10 if Hachi stayed on Earth. Just IMHO.
I thought exactly the same thing.
Feb 5, 2014 2:26 AM

Feb 2009
Those final moments were so heartwarming I teared up a little. Amazing show! 10/10

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 3, 2014 8:02 AM

Jun 2013
I went into this expecting more after hearing so much praise for it, but it turned out good. Not great, but good.

I'll just come out and say the ending was dumb. Proposing before a 7 year trip away from her.. having a son that will grow for 7 years with no father.

One thing that bugged me was all of the "chance encounters". So many times in this show, two of the main characters just randomly crossed paths, often at the perfect times. Honestly at some points I was beginning to think only 10 people lived in space or something. The worst offender was when Tanabe happened to run into Hachi on the beach. A few times is believable, although even that is being nice, but they took the chance encounter thing too far, to the point of being ridiculous.

The show went from being extremely lighthearted to dark then back to an abrupt lighthearted final 2 episodes. Pacing felt odd.

Over all, despite the flaws, it was good, just not great.

In the meaningless number score I give it a 7/10. This is thanks to the OST, which made some mediocre moments feel epic and/or emotional.
May 4, 2014 7:24 AM

Jul 2013
Sickly_Grin said:
Alas86 said:
Almost a masterpiece... if only it could do away with all that terrorism bullshit...

Yep, I feel the same way. 9/10
same here
Jun 13, 2014 1:44 PM

Apr 2012
9/10
The show does a great job making a believable science fiction setting. I also enjoyed the political, bureaucratic, and workplace slice of life aspects of the show. However, I thought the romance was poorly developed. Like Tanabe said it doesn't look like he was in love with her in the first place.
Tanabe stayed true to her ideals to the very end though I think her ideals are stupid and naive as hell o_o. Hachi is going to space for 7 years but gets her wife pregnant. Kind of a pet peeve, but talk about irresponsible lol. Like father like son I guess...... The support cast were very likable and got some great development as well. Yes the only reason I couldn't give this show a 10/10 are the main characters and the very slow start of the series.

Jul 22, 2014 9:41 PM

Oct 2012
I still feel robbed out of a much more thematically challenging story. But, I guess, there are more pros than cons in this show. I liked that Hachimaki still went to Jupiter. He's no longer an agsty emo, so that's a good thing. Tanabe is still the unflinching embodiment of naivety and positivity, but at least episode 24 showed that even she can have momentary lapses.

Not sure how to score this. There's a lot to consider. Maybe 8 or 9. I'll go with 9 for the time being, but it's a weak 9 at that.
Aug 1, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
ender650 said:
I liked the ending, I didnt think the ending was perfect, but it was pretty close. I don't think I can think of a better way they could have ended it. Its certainly better than the endings in many series that manage to ruin a perfectly good show.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 16, 2014 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
arimakenshin said:
fnmpm said:
I disliked the ending, what kind of nonsense is that, waiting for 7 years? Is going to Jupiter for no real reason better than staying with your wife (and child)? Wow, so what was the purpose of his enlightenment, if he just returns to space?

Granted, I still gave it a 9/10, but it would have been a 10 if Hachi stayed on Earth. Just IMHO.

Read the manga. I really suggest it because it fleshes out the whole anime series much better and has a more realistic, mature ending instead of having a fancy terrorist conspiracy plot.

u fokn kdng m???

Jesus Christ

I will do as you instruct so. I am not satisfied with how they ended this, moreso the entirety of the anime. It was a mix of shitty parts, then followed up with really nice parts again and again in this last ep. 26 episodes was not enough. Though the manga is only 4 volumes (is this for real?), I hope that it will be much of an eye-opener than this was. Looks like 2003-2004 was still too early for space in 3D.

I'm not even sure if all the terms mentioned (excluding things cited with the backing of a non-fictional scientist like the "Kessler Syndrome") are all real and the things the characters were spouting really made sense.

Fuck it.
Oct 6, 2014 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
bugboy said:

This. Would've been better if he stayed with Tanabe <_<
Gib [img] plz
Nov 5, 2014 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
so underrated series. 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2014 3:24 AM
Jul 2014
Good ending. I don't know why people are annoyed that Hachi left for 7 years after proposing, I mean, you gotta lock that shit down, amiright?
Dec 11, 2014 5:14 AM

Jul 2014
When I first watched this episode, I wasn't entirely convinced I'd like it. Now after watching the finale... well, I loved it! xD

I'm glad Nono was safe. Kinda got scared for her seeing Hakim there but I suppose she managed to to inadvertently change his mind.

With regards to the ending scenes, I loved Hachi's proposal! It wasn't only romantic because they were floating in space with the Earth behind them as a backdrop either. :P It was just so casual and sweet. I'm also glad the ending simply and subtly showed that Tanabe was pregnant instead of the typical marriage scene.

I have to admit though, as I watched the show, I grew to resent Hachi. I didn't like how his character grew so bad and pathetic (despite it being a part of his development) and since the start, I always resented Tanabe's pushy attitude when it came to her ideals. That's just my opinion though. Though I'm still glad with the happy ending~ 7 years is a long time but at least they resolved their issues before the Jupiter trip.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 13, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
I don't know about you guys & gals, but Chapter 24 tainted the whole ending for me. [[Big spoiler alert]], STOP reading IMMEDIATELY if you haven't seen the anime.

So... on one hand, this chapter shows how Hachi completely loses his mind by potentially shooting that gun; he pretty much leaves behind all humanity in order to attain his dream. That's not what I call a hero, that's what I call a murderer. That is not an astronaut, that is a dreadful excuse of a human being. If anything, he should have had flashbacks about the universe **RIGHT THERE AND RIGHT THEN**, and not during the stupidly random motorcycle accident (in which btw he as VERY lucky not to lose his life. Guardrails do kill real people, and so do cliffs).

Now, on the other hand, Tanabe faces a life and death situation BECAUSE of Hachi (remember that she visits the Van Braun to meet him). While Tanabe is fighting for her ideals of love, Hachi is too busy 100% ignoring her while protecting his goddamn spaceship. Despite aaaaaaaaaall this reckless indifference and upon looking at death in the eye, what does Tanabe choose?... to LOVE. To love him, to love terrorists, to love the entire human race, to love the whole universe. And for that love, she puts her life on the line. For that love she dies... WHILE FU(&$"%NG HACHI F%·&%$ING IGNORES HER. To me, Tanabe dies in that damned moon. Forgotten. Alone.

I am tremendously sorry, but the big ending simply does not fit in my head. In episode 26 an assassin marries the woman he abandons multiple times (by ignoring her existece, by giving a death stare in the phone, and yelling absolute hate face to face). Tanabe, as a real woman, had a 99% chance of dying of asphyxiation in the moon, plus a 99% chance of becoming disabled, plus a 99% chance of NOT beholding the motorcycle accident. I am sorry, but the ending is as painfully random as it is tremendously gorgeous. Hachi meeting Tanabe in that road was the result of a random coin toss.

Again, sorry. I will give you that the ending is a 10/10 in the sense that it shows everyone coming to terms with themselves: Hachi realizes that the universe is one and bound by love, and Tanabe sees the man she loves opening his eyes to her & her dreams. But luck and only luck had an effect on the ending. Not Hachi's love. Not Jupiter. Not the Universe. Only Tanabe.

*sigh* ... ;'(

ps.- please, pleeeease change my mind. I want to believe but I caaaan't
Apr 19, 2015 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
Well, in terms of character development.. so Hachimaki went full retard and then managed to return to his same past self? Seems legit. The flatness of main characters ruined this for me. Tanabe leaving oxygen to Claire was touching... but Tanabe doing otherwise would make this anime so damn good. So 7/10 overall. Was about to give 9/10 before all this Jupiter crap started.
Apr 29, 2015 5:25 PM

Mar 2010
Need more comments about the song, because it really stands out and it is really pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlxL4ZRwvc
Jun 5, 2015 4:25 AM

Nov 2014
This sucked.

It was too preachy and contrived, and the cartoonish characters and childish farce comedy distracted from whatever mood and deep commentary they were trying to create.

Hachi was an ego driven a-hole, and Tanabe gets stepped on by Hachi for most of the series. *SPOILER* In the end she returns to Hachi after being repeatedly berated and abandoned by him. She marries him, gets pregnant, and agrees to wait 7 years for him while he goes to Jupiter to fulfill his "dream". So, what about her dream? Was it just to wait around for him? It doesn't even work as a romance.

4/10, and that's being generous.
aikaflipJun 5, 2015 6:46 PM
Jun 17, 2015 7:14 AM

Jun 2014
I never hated a main character this much in my anime period. The hell, I really wish Tanabe diddnt marry that f*cking asshole coz this guy doesn't deserved to even have a family.

I really regret watching this anime, now im gonna slap my friend for recommending this sh*t to me.

Jul 3, 2015 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
Fee ftw.
Aug 19, 2015 5:39 AM

Jun 2014
aikaflip said:
This sucked.

It was too preachy and contrived, and the cartoonish characters and childish farce comedy distracted from whatever mood and deep commentary they were trying to create.

Hachi was an ego driven a-hole, and Tanabe gets stepped on by Hachi for most of the series. *SPOILER* In the end she returns to Hachi after being repeatedly berated and abandoned by him. She marries him, gets pregnant, and agrees to wait 7 years for him while he goes to Jupiter to fulfill his "dream". So, what about her dream? Was it just to wait around for him? It doesn't even work as a romance.

4/10, and that's being generous.

Agreed.

The drama in this anime was so fucking corny. Well, it was expected since it's from Sunrise... 3/10
Oct 16, 2015 3:13 PM

May 2012
i like how it showed that tanabe was pregnant through the visuals, nice touch, a lot of other shows could learn something from this show

overall and fantastic show, i appreciate everything that was done as far as world building and character building, but at a lot of times it just felt like the story was lacking focus and was poorly paced and executed, namely episodes 16 and 17, but in the end i like how it managed to tie almost everything up. ill give it an 8
Nov 11, 2015 9:39 PM

Nov 2013
one of the best, one of the best
inochi ga kurikaesu naraba nandomo kimi no moto e ...
... if life can be repeated, i'll go to you many times over
Dec 8, 2015 7:30 PM

Sep 2015
I found this anime to be average at best. From preachy, underdeveloped characters, to some of them being just plain unlikeable this series was just a mess. Throw in a haphazard terrorist subplot coupled with some awful comedy and romance elements, it really was difficult at times to get through the 26 episodes. On the plus side i quite liked the music, so there's that at least.

I'll give the manga a try to see if that's any better.
OnTheShoreDec 8, 2015 7:47 PM
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Jan 17, 2016 11:58 AM
May 2012
Wow, the last 5 minutes was pretty amazing with that song~
I freaking knew he would say "Kekkon" and she would say "Um". That was good.
Well, this was a pretty good Anime. It's just that some shits annoyed me. Music was great.
I'll probably read the Manga someday :D Poor kid will grow up without his father by his side, though.
Feb 21, 2016 9:43 PM

Dec 2014
This was a really fun show to watch. The first half was enjoyable and the second half was just awesome. I wish there was an ova to see Hachimaki after the seven years. All the supporting characters got development besides the Chief. He was sorta just there to be there, he never was involved in anything. They really copped out without killing anybody off. Fee, Yuri one of them could've died in the shootout to make it feel like they were in real danger but all who died were just faceless characters. One thing that was really bad was that damn ED. It ruined the ending of so many episodes especially towards the ending. It's like everybody's about to die and then if you're happy and you know it clap your hands comes on. It was so out of place. It was a good anime but it wasn't as serious as I was looking for so I hope I can find something with a bit more "oh shit" moments in the future.

9/10
Apr 28, 2016 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
Well it's over, 10/10 for sure even tough i think they kind of fucked up hachi, t'ill half of the show he was a good relatable character but after he became a piece of shit, i mean at the end he still leave to jupiter even tough he have a wife and a child.......

I fell like this show even tough highly rated on MAL (#154) is extremely underappreciated in the sense that i had to find it myself, i heard about hundred of show but i have never seen even a mention of this show anywhere, that's crazy because because it's amazing.

Anyway overall this show have some issues but it his a 10/10 from me !
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planetes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

56 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 22 Discussion

seita - Aug 28, 2008

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

55 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 26, 8:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.