3It was OK
8.2%
2Disliked it
3.7%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.5
134 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2008 8:40 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*sniffle*
Yay, Irie finally got a clue! Though it was amusing that it had to be Kin-chan, he who knows jealousy the most, to tell Irie what his problem was :D

Kin-chan's proposal was pretty awesome as well. Go Kin-chan! The leg burning scene reminded me of a cross between what happened to Kotoko and Satomi in the manga.

Yay Kotoko hurling books at Naoki, and Naoki going public.

Heh, the stuff about "Hontou no Jibun" made me think he needs to discover his Shugo Chara ^_^;;

This anime adaptation is pretty good, but something I really do miss is a lot of the Irie-Kotoko interaction. We don't actually see a whole lot of it in this series. They cut out a lot of the stuff they do together, so their relationship doesn't feel as strong. In the manga they interact a lot more, be it weird things that happen (Kotorin ^^;) and just random every day stuff. They have more really nice moments. Not to mention missing characters (poor Funatsu)

But next episode, if they follow the manga, should be really nice.

Heh, at the end of the manga volume that this stuff happens in, the mangaka, Kaoru TADA, mentions that she was hooked on the Angelique series of reverse-harem games and she drew her versions of Clavis and Julious, and there was much fangirlyness and playing till the sun came up ^_^; Then there is a cute "Kotoriina and the Prince" 4-panel story about Kotoko as a cinderella-like princess and Naoki as a cold prince. Very amusing :D
Aug 17, 2008 6:06 AM

Dec 2007
Hoooo boy, this calls for screencaps

Aug 17, 2008 9:45 AM

Mar 2007
The screencaps illustrate something I forgot to mention about that episode- wtf was up with the character designs? Everyone went off-model totally, it was scary. Kotoko looks all round and Irie just looked awful most of the episode >_< Great episode, but the character designs were distracting :)
Aug 17, 2008 6:09 PM

Dec 2007
Well, since the character designs were only slightly improved from the manga, and animated by TMS's C team apparently, they weren't all that great in the first place, IMO.
Kokujin-kunAug 17, 2008 6:21 PM
Aug 17, 2008 6:30 PM

Mar 2007
I like the manga artwork (amazingly enough ^_^) and I liked the anime character designs, but every once in a while whoever they outsource a particular episode to does a really lazy job @_@ It reminds me of the two different shops that did the hana yori dango anime. You could always tell which one it was because the character designs would totally change back and forth between two styles episode to episode ^_^
Aug 17, 2008 7:50 PM

Oct 2007
@ MagicalEmi: I agree with you about the anime adaptation removing a lot of cute Kotoko/Irie moments... I was hoping to see something like the christmas scene, or kotorin! As well as a bunch of the other funny stuff that happens.. . especially since I haven't been able to find a translated version of the stuff I've read. I don't understand raws too well... lol.

Aug 18, 2008 2:33 PM

Nov 2007
oh man, this episode looked so good that I ended up grabbing a raw. kinnosuke's proposal was so cute ^_^ . I loved how he tried to reassure chris of his true feelings by trying to burn his own leg XD . also, the way that kotoko told off naoki was epic, the screencaps don't do it justice. even though I know that kotoko loves naoki, I still can't help but feel that he's just leeching off of her love for him. even when he tries to get her back, he doesn't really go into his feelings for her, only that he can be himself around her. while I understand that he's a cold character that can't really express his feelings, kotoko deserves better.
Aug 20, 2008 6:36 AM

Oct 2007
I loved this episode :) It was great seeing how Irie finally got a clue and hopefully from now on he will be less cold towards his wife. I feel a little sorry for Keita, since he is a nice guy despite his trying to tempt Kotoko out of her marriage.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Aug 20, 2008 10:40 PM

Jan 2008
Wow? So that was an interesting episode :P
Aug 20, 2008 10:42 PM
Dec 2007
Chris! I'm so glad her and Kin finally got engaged! *sniffle*
And thank goodness Irie was true to himself, and admitted his feelings to Kotoko. And it was cute how him and Keita made a scene in the cafeteria.
Overall, adorable episode. Can't wait for the next!
Aug 20, 2008 10:43 PM

Jun 2007
Episode was great! Wasn't expecting kinnosuke to propose so soon though, it just came out of no where lol.
Aug 20, 2008 11:01 PM

Oct 2007
yay! oh my god, Kotoko FINALLY stands up for herself! ...and gets slapped for it... but yay for her standing up for herself! i hope it'll last.

Orbitzz83 said:
while I understand that he's a cold character that can't really express his feelings, kotoko deserves better.

agreed! she totally deserves better!
Aug 20, 2008 11:36 PM

Apr 2007
awww...Irie is so cute when he's clueless x3

This is probably my favorite episode so far. Irie finally understands his feelings and it looks like we'll have some good Kotoko x Irie moments for the rest of the series :D

RaitoTheReaper said:
Chris! I'm so glad her and Kin finally got engaged! *sniffle*

ditto :3
Aug 21, 2008 12:35 AM

May 2008
Interesting.
Aug 21, 2008 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
finaly a good episode :D
Kruh sa uzatvara, ale mna to netrapi - povedalo avangardne kruzidlo a dalej rysovalo stvorce...
Aug 21, 2008 2:43 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I would've sent a Guardian Character to Naoki if he didn't manage to save this situation. It was kinda cool how he was able to talk about his mistakes in front of everyone. Good episode.

staff.applications ▼ 
guidelines.faq ▼

report.abuse ▼ 

thx.skittles ▼ 
thx.kina ▼

[H+] ³ă€€â–Ľă€€
Aug 21, 2008 3:35 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode, but I'm not at all happy about how it turned out. I know it was inevitable for them to make up, but still... Irie is a selfish bastard and Kotoko deserves better!!

Kotoko throwing books at Naoki was win, though.
Aug 21, 2008 4:03 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode, glad everything worked out

a point of interest

when Motoki said Kotoko was cute (when they're at tomoko's place), I got shivers =.=
Aug 21, 2008 4:17 AM

Jul 2008
Good episode, all is well between Kotoko and Naoki. When Naoki slapped Kotoko, I thought he was going to tell her his feelings straight, but instead he didn't say anything, and that whole scene made him look bad.
Aug 21, 2008 4:46 AM

Jan 2008
really good episode.. gd for irie~
Aug 21, 2008 4:53 AM
Jun 2008
XD I want a gif of Kotoko throwing books at him, that was awesome, the stupid baka.
Aug 21, 2008 10:01 AM

Feb 2008
hahaha kin's proposal was way better. haha looks like shes turned him into a real man haha.
Aug 21, 2008 12:01 PM

Apr 2007
Awwwww! ....so Naoki reveals his true self. It was nice to see him breaking out of his "aloofness" shell. Nice scene between Kinnosuke and Chris.

BTW, I got the wallpaper from the anime's website!

Current Avatar: Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke
Aug 21, 2008 12:18 PM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
I would've sent a Guardian Character to Naoki if he didn't manage to save this situation. It was kinda cool how he was able to talk about his mistakes in front of everyone. Good episode.

exactly my thoughts, it was kinda cool....to see Irie talk in public like that about himself.

About the Guardian Character...lol make that 2.

Kokujin's screencap is amusing too xD but really this ep the designs were kinda off....different to the design in prev eps D:
Aug 21, 2008 12:32 PM

May 2008
i loved this episode i think this is my favorite episode now! it was so kool when kin-chan proposed it was so cute!!! I cant believi naoki didnt know he was jeolous, kin-chan had to tell him but the end was so kool!!!!
Aug 21, 2008 1:59 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode, damn.
It was really nice when Naoki finally patched things up. Like they were married again.

This show continues to amaze me, though.
Aug 21, 2008 3:12 PM

Oct 2007
MagicalEmi said:
The screencaps illustrate something I forgot to mention about that episode- wtf was up with the character designs? Everyone went off-model totally, it was scary. Kotoko looks all round and Irie just looked awful most of the episode >_< Great episode, but the character designs were distracting :)

QFT. umm Keita stayed hot though lol

As far as the episode i loved it. really exciting... Don't know about Kotoko collapsing in his arms coming to tears (once again). That kinda annoyed me. And then her crying again in the preview pissed me off a little more... I understand she's a very emotional free spirit type of character but i would have liked to have seen Irie loose his composure or maybe end off a little flustered and have Kotoko embrace him and say it's alright or something to that effect. I like her and i would hate to dislike her by the end of the series because she's always playing the weak-damsel in distress-victim role
Aug 21, 2008 5:29 PM

Jan 2008
damn. i really like this episode...

after the series, i really should see the manga. i want to take a look on some of their sweet moments..

i just love it when couples, after an argument, end up hugging and kissing...

i love the way how kotoko says her lines:

let's have great kisses to make up for all the kisses we've missed. Let's kiss lots and lots, okay?

and then the ED. it really suited the atmosphere... OMG, i really like it..
Aug 21, 2008 5:35 PM

Oct 2007
cute episode, but i do feel bad for keita. Though the next episode looks good too :D i love this show so much.
Aug 21, 2008 5:37 PM

Feb 2008
AceSoldia said:
XD I want a gif of Kotoko throwing books at him, that was awesome, the stupid baka.

should not be difficult to take screenshots and take them together xD

THe episode was rly nice. Irie understand the feelings, that he never had. I think for ppl u hever had feelings before is it difficult to show them or to understand. ^^

And the Kinosuke scene with Chris was very awsome.
Aug 21, 2008 7:54 PM

Jul 2007
awww... i wished keita and naoki would like beat each other up over kotoko... but we all can't get what we want q_q...
Aug 21, 2008 8:15 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Fantastic! x)

Character designs -- agreed. The cafeteria and flying book scenes were wonderful. Just fantastic!! xD

Join MAL's Mod Team! ✧ 
Guidelines & FAQ ✧ 

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~ ✧ 
Aug 22, 2008 3:14 PM

Apr 2008
yay this was a great episode ^^; so happy naoki and kotoko are in better conditions now. the scene where kin was like LOL YOURE ZE JEALOUS! so funny cause hes never experienced jealousy :P

the part where she threw books of him was laughable, really didnt expect it hahaha.
Aug 22, 2008 3:21 PM

Jun 2007
Oh yay cute episode, made me cry xD

Zomg at Naoki saying everything in front of everyone! embarrasing... >_<

Kin-chan propossing to Chris yay! and Naoki learning from him what jealousy was lol "I have 5 years of experience!"
Aug 22, 2008 4:45 PM

Aug 2007
I honestly think they are going to try to fit ALL the volumes into these 24 eps.

God help us all. ;_; They are missing so much! There is so much of the manga that *makes* the series.

Like, the time they go the the relatives! The mole! The mole! Or the Internship (Unless everything is out of order and they are doing this after)

I honestly wonder where they are going from here...

Aug 22, 2008 9:36 PM

Jun 2007
I loved when Kotoko threw the books at Irie! I just smiled so widely! :D
But then Irie slapped her... o_ó GAH! I would have thrown a vase at him right after!!!

cyruz said:
I would've sent a Guardian Character to Naoki if he didn't manage to save this situation.

ROFL!

Aug 23, 2008 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
This was a really good episode- lol @ Kin-chan telling Naoki that he was jealous. xD Also yes for Kotoko finally yelling at Naoki he seriously deserves it, and finally Naoki finally makes everything good and in front of a crowd too. :D
HEY!
Aug 23, 2008 8:45 PM

Apr 2007
Great episode, couldn't help but smile most of the way through.

Way Naoki for fixing it all up~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2008 3:01 AM

Apr 2008
I thought it was great that Naoki learned about how he was feeling from Kinnosuke. It seems those two are getting along better. ^.^ And the smile between Naoki and Kotoko after Chris agreed to marry Kinnosuke was wonderful. I went all fangirly. But I was cheering Kotoko on when she was throwing the books and screaming at Naoki for NOT chasing after her. BAKA! At least he did show some emotion and get Kotoko back in the end. I went all fangirly again when Kotoko mentioned they were going to kiss and kiss and kiss. (Hopefully more too. ^.~)
Aug 24, 2008 3:15 AM

Jun 2008
yay!! finally!!! oh well.. i still feel bad for keita.. but at least from now on, irie would treat kotoko better...
Aug 24, 2008 10:07 PM

Dec 2007
AceSoldia said:

You got it!

Kokujin-kunAug 24, 2008 10:21 PM
Aug 25, 2008 1:19 AM

Oct 2007
I didn't really feel Irie did enough at the end of the episode for Kotoko to go back to him, but it was a good episode none the less. Kin-chan's proposal was really cute. <3
Aug 25, 2008 9:04 PM

Jun 2007
!cried ;.;
Aug 27, 2008 1:39 AM
Mar 2008
Ok...I just watched episode 19 and I have to get this out of my system
Towards the end of the episode during the show down between Keita and irie, Keita says to Kotoko, that Irie has never done anything for her and...HE'S ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!
What does dear Irie say to get his wife back?
That he needs her by his side to be a normal human being. No "I love you"s or "You are such an amazing person", etc. No! Kotoko just has to fulfill a function for him.
And that silly chicken Kotoko immediately breaks out in tears and asks the mighty Irie if it is ok for her to be by his side.
HMPFFF...talk about no self-esteem at all. If this obedient wifey act keeps up, it'll ruin the whole series for me.
Did Irie even tell Kotoko he loved her even once?
And all Kotoko does is worry about what Irie might think of her, if he will like her decisions, etc. So what if she threw books at him? Big deal
Aug 29, 2008 4:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
cyruz said:

LOL...that was exactly what I thought when he said "hontou no jibun" (my true self) Go Shugo Chara!!!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 22, 2008 7:48 PM
Jan 2008
I'm glad that things worked out with Chris and Kin. Having Kin tell Naoki about jealousy made this one of my favorite episodes.
Nov 27, 2008 12:34 AM

Aug 2008
MagicalEmi said:

Yes, totally agree. It happened in ep.12 already but luckily things went back to normal. I like the character design very much on this series and it distracted me very much in the episodes where it changed (and for the worst). Hope it doesn't happen again. Especially in ep.12 (i think it was) kotoko and irie looked soo bad! It ruined the beautiful and moving moments in those episodes!

I love this series sooo much and it has become even more interesting since they married!!
Dec 23, 2008 5:53 PM

Jan 2008
So, Keita wanted to save Kotoko from her unhappiness, but the only reason she was unhappy was just because he was trying to do that. LOL
Jan 30, 2009 1:55 AM

Aug 2007
Kokujin-kun said:

lolol. take that Irie!

Feb 8, 2009 7:24 AM

Dec 2008
after the 2nd half started, i just wanted to beat the crap out of Naoki...

but it turned out to be a great episode!
Kin was kinda cool too...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.