Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2011 6:00 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
She dumped him.....damn. Oh well, it's not like it's gonna hurt the future! xD

Feb 1, 2012 10:34 AM

Dec 2010
KitaTsuki said:

My thoughts exactly.
Feb 26, 2012 8:58 AM

Jul 2010
Haha, little does Bulma know about the Red Ribbon Army. :D
Jun 2, 2012 2:06 AM

Jan 2010
poor Yamchi :D
Jun 11, 2012 12:45 PM

Apr 2010
Wrong balls... again. Funny episode.
Apr 15, 2013 11:48 AM

Jan 2013
Haha, "Sorry, Mole." One day, Goku is going to have to start understanding what people say.
May 6, 2013 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
Yay Bulmas back I missed having her around she really is a great character in this series, makes me sad that shes kinda relegated to a side character in Z.
Nov 9, 2013 1:16 PM

May 2012
Daw Bulma why did you do that, but still this was quite a lovely episode and Bulma is back with Gohan searching for the dragonballs :D So lets see what's next!
Nov 28, 2013 9:28 AM

Jun 2009
Fucking hell Goku LOL. Bulma's such an idiot, sigh. If there's one thing I hate in anime it's the extremely common "not what it looks like" trope, which is what happened in this episode. And then there's the bumbling retard on the other end that never fucking explains himself, god fucking damn it brings my piss to a boil. Anyway, this episode brings the end of of the Red Ribbon Army saga. Next up, General Blue Saga.
loghneckbeardNov 28, 2013 9:43 AM
Mar 4, 2014 8:24 PM

Jun 2009
Shape430 said:
Yay Bulmas back I missed having her around she really is a great character in this series, makes me sad that shes kinda relegated to a side character in Z.

Except for the Namek/Freiza saga. Anyway, I too am glad to have her back.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 4, 2014 9:41 PM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Shape430 said:

Except for the Namek/Freiza saga. Anyway, I too am glad to have her back.

haha yeah, one of the faults of Akira Toriyima's manga is he never build alot of these characters to become useful in DBZ like they are in Dragonbal. once the saiyan race took over, everything all became about saiyans, if i had to deeply anyalize the seires, that is one of the major faults i would say bout dbz.

But.. despite that, its still entertaining for what it is.

Jul 27, 2014 5:27 PM

Oct 2013
i love Bulma.
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Nov 15, 2014 2:18 AM

Mar 2013
Bulma continues to be bitchy.... Ma ii ka...

When Husky started about the "two balls under your clothes" I knew the gag was incoming. Still hilarious!

Meritas said:
KitaTsuki said:

My thoughts exactly.

I guess you guys already know about Bulma's future :) Somehow I feel like Bulma will end up with Yamucha at the end anyway. This is my first series in the Dragon Ball franchise. I already accidentally spoiled myself about who Goku will end up with. Itching to get spoiled about Bulma's future as well. Must. Resist.
Nov 5, 2016 1:46 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
KitaTsuki said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

It was kind of a short story xD

Feb 4, 2017 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
Goku wasn't wrong in his action, she did ask to see his balls should've been a bit more specific.
Jun 29, 2017 2:47 AM

Jul 2008
Lol at Goku...

I like Hasky though.
Sep 1, 2017 1:09 PM

Jun 2016
These were fun, I enjoyed getting to see the gang back together, no matter how briefly it was, as well as getting to see what a popular city in the Dragon Ball Universe is like.

Also, I was just thinking upon seeing our cast back together, none are really a stereotypical hero at all. This is a character driven story by characters with very personal motivations, such as getting a new boyfriend, wanting your grandpa's memento, stealing the dragon balls to lose a fear of women and get married, getting forced to come along with diarrhea pills / perversions, coming along cause your friends going, getting strong to get girls, etc. The only clear cut characters with good and bad morals are the villains, which for the most part are black and white evil.

What an interesting cast, I think this is what makes everyone feels so real, their connections with each other are due to who they are and not because of the plot dictating a cast of chosen heroes or something. It really feels as if they all ran into each other on their travels, because they did, all of which were there for their own personal reasons and either came along for those personal reasons, or because they had to, only to form true relationships amongst themselves. Such radical storytelling character wise. Just another incredible strength I've picked up on watching, only rivaled by the anime's world building.
Mar 1, 2020 7:26 PM
Jan 2020
the most fun episode in a while, can't wait to finally jump back into the plot
May 16, 2020 9:59 PM
Jul 2018
And thus, Yamcha got dumped due to a misunderstanding. Oh well, it sure was a short-lived relationship. It appears Yamcha wasn't the one for Bulma. Maybe when she finds some other dude, she and Yamcha can reconcile with one another.

It sure was a dark underlying episode, though. The seemingly infamous thief, Hasky, was about to blow away an entire wonderland, filled with dozens of children and other civilians, to dust out of her greed for money. Quite a disturbing thought, that's for sure.

It looks like Bulma would be journeying with Goku in search of the Dragonballs in the coming episodes, with her wish for a perfect boyfriend still not forgotten. I just like how each character in the series isn't up for heroics with their self-entitled ridiculous wishes. It sure adds a unique touch to the show.

Nonetheless, this side-saga is officially over. It was decently done overall. I could see it being one of the weakest arcs for me so far. It was still enjoyable, though.
Sep 5, 2020 5:19 AM
May 2019
Goku's naivety is simply comedic, hahaha. Poor Yamucha, being taken advantage of like that, and then making Bulma mad... Oh well, at least Goku managed to destroy the gadget just in time.
Nov 12, 2020 10:43 AM

Oct 2020
Hasky is done!!!

haha...... Goku realized us that man have 2 balls ... haha.. funny part.

Bulma was annoying there. Yamcha was fighting and saving the dragon balls and she just helped hasky without understanding...grr....

As I always say --- Girls are dangerous!!!

Oct 9, 2022 11:34 AM
Jun 2020
It’s epic and me love the hype
Nov 24, 2022 1:34 AM

Dec 2021
This episode worth watching for the balls joke.
Nov 30, 2022 6:55 PM
Mar 2018
Man, I really did not like this episode, and I feel like it is worth talking about why this episode isn't so good. The biggest problem is with Hasky. Honestly, for an anime about collecting world-changing orbs I feel like having a character that is purely a thief is a good idea. She may be a filler villain but as villains go I think that she had the potential to be interesting. She even gets one cool scene where she pickpockets several teenagers' tickets into the amusement park with ease. That's a great way of showing off her wit and cunning. But then the episode turns her into a lame Hanna-Barbera antagonist. She spends the majority of the time doing this idiotic fake psychic act (adding two bumbling goonies to help with the ridiculousness) to trick Goku into showing off his dragon balls. Many problems with this plan though. First off, Goku could have just not shown off the balls. That's originally what happens anyway when Goku thinks she is talking about his crotch nuggets and not the dragon balls (I love this stupid scene). Goku does eventually show off the dragon balls, but that scene could have easily not have happened. He couldve been like, "Yeah I do have two hidden balls, but Im not really in the mood to show them off to you right now" or "Wow you're very strange, being able to know that and stuff. Im really hungry, we are going to get something to eat. Thanks again!" Second, he could have brought out the dragon balls and just be quicker than Hasky when she tries to grab him. Then what does she do? Stand there awkwardly and pretend she didn't mean to do that? Third, if Goku took out the dragon balls and she was able to grab them in time, then what would she do? Does she really think that she can just casually run away from this kid who was able to defeat a colonel and a general? She could try seducing him but I know that wont work (it only works on Yamcha because he is a wobbly awkward doofus). Anyway, it doesn't matter at all, because the bumbling goonies do a bumbling routine of being easily seen. Some Yamcha stuff happens with Hasky and Bulma, Hasky acquires the dragon balls and...ties up Yamcha?? (I dont really understand how that happened that scene was really quick and edited strangely). Then Hasky states she PLACED A BOMB IN THE PARK. This moment is so out of left field. It was never brought up beforehand when she was planning with goonies. She had no real desire to cause wanton destruction beforehand (just a woman on a mission). But she just decided that blowing up the whole park would be necessary to get Goku out the Red Ribbon Army's hair. It wouldnt be so jarring if she showed any reasoning behind her actions. She is just a thief after all; not some crazy scientist who has to prove a point or seeking revenge. I could go on and on but this comment is already way too long. The only highlight is going on an adventure with the whole crew again, but even that is sullied by Bulma spending the whole time sulking around. Watch for Goku balls
Jun 9, 2023 5:27 PM
Nov 2020
One of the best episodes in the series so far, introduced Hasky, a character with really good personality. Also had great and unexpected humor, compared to alot of the bad humor in previous episodes.
Sep 12, 2023 3:23 PM

Jun 2020
Super fun episode and I loved seeing the og crew back together. The balls joke was predictable but still super funny šŸ˜­Goku is so cute.

Interesting that only Bulma is coming along. She thinks finding all the dragon balls again will be fun, but doesn’t know that their main opponent is a military force. I hope we get to see Krillin eventually šŸ„ŗ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 123 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 11, 2011

21 by wildhood »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 57 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 2, 2011

24 by David_Mamyan »»
Apr 21, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 75 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 15, 2012

24 by vehehgito »»
Apr 20, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 13 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 26, 2008

41 by Kyla_The_Plant »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 41 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Apr 27, 2011

28 by JaminKT »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.