Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2008 1:40 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well finally some good battles, also we got to see New Macross 25 Frontier finally and the tables of the bar with microsoft surface on them :D
The Frontier seems also have a decent mobility not unlike the New Macross 07 Battle7 , but the normal size for a Macross class ship.
And more Aimo <3
Also seems that the Varja are somewhat linked to it, so they could be one of the "weapon races" the protoculture created...
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Jul 11, 2008 7:12 AM

Feb 2008
Great action episode!

I'm still confused about what's Ranka's relation with the Vajra, and what Grace mean with her being the Little Queen. Hope they clear this in the upcoming episodes.

Oh, and lol at Sheryl failing miserably on her combat debut xD
KayroJul 12, 2008 12:53 PM
Jul 11, 2008 10:44 AM

Dec 2007
haha! the plot is moving faster! yipee!
i guess this is a good episode for AltoxRanka fans lol

the fights are so awsome man! glad to know Brera's alignment now....
Jul 11, 2008 1:52 PM

Jun 2008
Kayro said:

Oh, and lol at Shirley failing miserably on her combat debut xD

LOL. It seems the Code Geass lovers always get Shirley and Sheryl mixed up...

Sheryl blew her image this episode, I LOL-ed at her. And it seems to be turning towards Ranka x Alto > which makes me pissed off.

Wonder what Grace and Leon are up to now...
Jul 11, 2008 5:52 PM

Jul 2008
Good episode all around.
Jul 11, 2008 6:49 PM

Jun 2008
It seems like forever since I last saw a MF episode, this was a great refresher as to why I liked this series so much.

That quote about "Little Queen" confused me quite a lot, considering her reaction to when Alto homerowed what seemed to be the control center in the vajra ship, maybe the vajra somehow took hold of her before she lost her memory and did something nasty.
Jul 11, 2008 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
PLEASE HAND OVER TO ME THOSE REACTION MISSILES!!!! :) I would love to use them for personal use. I want to get those reaction missiles! I have not seen anything like it. People please tell me the truth: is Ranka Lee going to become a mother giving birth to those alien Vajras??? Ranka looked like Ripley that was infected with a Alien from Alien 3. DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT GLOW INSIDE HER STOMACH??? What the hell is that??? If she got infected or inpregnated....I am really going to be angry with this series. Finally mystery boy is another surviving person from Galaxy fleet. Too bad there is another person that dies and REALLY too bad for Michael's VF, which got wrecked by Sheryl, who come to think of it though she was a pilot.Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 11, 2008 9:57 PM

Sep 2007
Loved this episode except for one thing... Alto is now... a complete dumbass what is wrong with him!? Why!? WHY!? would he goes for that loli, flaky, ditsy, freaking living/moving hair girl Ranka when he has Sheryl right in front of him literally! Its completely obvious she loves him... dumbass... gah ok so maybe for some they prefer the Ranka x Alto combo but I dont like her... she is too muck like Lynn Minmei. Damn you!

Best part was definatly Sheryl's moment... "no way am I dieing..." <a few seconds later> crap I was shot down lol priceless

Oh, and lol it is Sheryl NOT Shirley who comes from Code Geass.
Jul 11, 2008 11:14 PM

May 2008
That was epic.
Jul 12, 2008 12:28 AM
Mar 2008
Another epic episode.
I LOL'ed hard when Sheryl destroyed in less than 30 seconds that mecha, I feel sorry for Michael XD
Jul 12, 2008 6:00 AM

Jul 2008
Firefox265 said:
Loved this episode except for one thing... Alto is now... a complete dumbass what is wrong with him!? Why!? WHY!? would he goes for that loli, flaky, ditsy, freaking living/moving hair girl Ranka when he has Sheryl right in front of him literally! Its completely obvious she loves him... dumbass... gah ok so maybe for some they prefer the Ranka x Alto combo but I dont like her... she is too muck like Lynn Minmei. Damn you!

Best part was definatly Sheryl's moment... "no way am I dieing..." <a few seconds later> crap I was shot down lol priceless

Oh, and lol it is Sheryl NOT Shirley who comes from Code Geass.

Ranka Lee will be the next Lynn Min Mai but maybe the thing inside of her will eat her????
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 12, 2008 12:47 PM

Jul 2008
I totally agree with you Firefox265. I like the Alto x Sheryl combo as well, but it just won't happen now. There was a possibility, a damn good one at that, but in this new route (last 2-3 episodes) has just burned down that bridge. They have this set up for the "damsel in distress" with a "hurdle that is near impossible to overcome" storyline that will split these two star-crossed lovers (well, not quite... that phrase only words for relationships doomed to failure but a possible alien in the chest seems to indicate this possibility) apart. Once they do this, all the other female characters become cannon fodder.

I may be wrong, and more than likely will be, but the above is kind of the formula we all come across often whenever we have a ménage à trois (couldn't resist, I mean love triangle) story.

angel999 said:

Ranka Lee will be the next Lynn Min Mai but maybe the thing inside of her will eat her????

We can only hope for an Aliens style chest bursting scene. A Spaceballs chest bursting scene would also be appealing.
LensFlaredAwayJul 12, 2008 1:16 PM
Jul 12, 2008 12:55 PM

Feb 2008
-hoshi- said:

LOL. It seems the Code Geass lovers always get Shirley and Sheryl mixed up...

I actually have no idea how I made that mistake. Maybe it was because I was looking at some Geass pics while I was typing that =P
Jul 12, 2008 1:22 PM

Dec 2007
best episode so far imo

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 12, 2008 1:31 PM
Jun 2007
2 thoughts regarding this episode:

1) while the action in this episode was indeed epic, it still wasn't close to the magnitude of episode 7. I guess it evens out since this battle will have more of a consequence to the plot which is fine by me. throughout the episode, I had a fleeting feeling that Luca would be killed off because he was going out of his comfort zone (actually engaging in battle). I'm glad that didn't happen.

2) I was rather irked because Alto and Sheryl are gradually drifting apart. I've been a fan of hers since the series started and this recent development does not amuse me. however, knowing her character, she wouldn't back down just from this.
Jul 12, 2008 3:32 PM

Apr 2008
It was good....anything with Aimo is an automatic 5/5 for me =P
Jul 12, 2008 4:02 PM

Oct 2007
Maaya Sakamoto's Aimo outshined Megumi's so much it wasn't funny, I can't listen to Megumi's version anymore.. Maaya's better be on OST II... and the Don't Be Late remix was nice, I always thought that was a remix of it when they played the instrumental for 15 seconds at the start of episode 6.

Avarice said:
2) I was rather irked because Alto and Sheryl are gradually drifting apart. I've been a fan of hers since the series started and this recent development does not amuse me. however, knowing her character, she wouldn't back down just from this.

You should know where they are taking this ;) Think back on any proper triangle and things usually look bad for the eventually winner at this point of the show. Like ef episodes 5-7 pretty much looked over for the winner.
Jul 13, 2008 12:27 AM

Jul 2008
sakuko said:
I totally agree with you Firefox265. I like the Alto x Sheryl combo as well, but it just won't happen now. There was a possibility, a damn good one at that, but in this new route (last 2-3 episodes) has just burned down that bridge. They have this set up for the "damsel in distress" with a "hurdle that is near impossible to overcome" storyline that will split these two star-crossed lovers (well, not quite... that phrase only words for relationships doomed to failure but a possible alien in the chest seems to indicate this possibility) apart. Once they do this, all the other female characters become cannon fodder.

I may be wrong, and more than likely will be, but the above is kind of the formula we all come across often whenever we have a ménage à trois (couldn't resist, I mean love triangle) story.

angel999 said:

We can only hope for an Aliens style chest bursting scene. A Spaceballs chest bursting scene would also be appealing.

Who knows but that would be crazy, yeah.
Jul 13, 2008 8:04 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ranka's growing belly was there the whole time (long before this episode, back in the concert). From the photos we've seen in the laboratory and the similarity between the woman with Aimo song and Ranka, I suspect Ranka is a young VAJRA QUEEN ALL ALONG result from experiments and brought up by scientist of the fallen research station.....

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 13, 2008 8:18 PM

May 2008
Macross Frontier does not disappoint and delivered a satisfying episode.

great battle sequence
Ranka Getting Saved
And Those reaction Missiles

Altough more questions have risen
can't wait for 15...
Jul 13, 2008 9:54 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode. I honestly love Sheryl to death, but her scene was so funny to me i honestly thought that she was going to start fighting good and everything, boy was i wrong, but i still love her. the story i really coming along now and i can't wait to see what happens next.

Jul 13, 2008 9:59 PM

Jun 2008
omg, that ep was epic. felt like it coulda been the end of the show if it weren't only halfway thru. Sheryl was coo in this ep, she seemed much more interesting and vulnerable. and Alto was just a badass. animation+editing+music = simply amazing.
Jul 14, 2008 9:58 AM

Jul 2008
wakka9ca said:
Ranka's growing belly was there the whole time (long before this episode, back in the concert). From the photos we've seen in the laboratory and the similarity between the woman with Aimo song and Ranka, I suspect Ranka is a young VAJRA QUEEN ALL ALONG result from experiments and brought up by scientist of the fallen research station.....

I wanted to add to this that it would link logically to maybe why she survied as the sole survivor but since Major Brera Starne introduced himself as another survivor from Galaxy then things have changed in hopes that perhaps he may know certain aspects that others may not in the future episodes. Guess these guys never learn just like that corporation in Alien Werner or something like that. Money=power=technology. Considering this case that in the same field as bio-weapons.
Jul 15, 2008 2:16 PM
Dec 2007
Pretty generic episode I guess, good battles but nothing more. That was not as good as the previous episodes imo, the animation was average compared to some episodes of the series and it felt rushed overall (miles away from the terrific 7th episode for example).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 15, 2008 3:35 PM

Mar 2008
Macross is doing it right, yea.

And now I have a feeling that the Vajra are actually the survivors of Ranka's fleet (when her family was killed) or something...

There's definitely a link between her and the Vajra.

And Brera, don't ruin Alto's time to shine, plox, he has worked so hard to take a level in badass, but...

and I had a thought about Sheryl kicking ass, and I really had my hopes up high, but...

well, maybe she will improve with some hands-on approach, lmao.

and finally, the NUNS pilots grew some balls nao. SHINING FIST OF DOOM FTW
FotonJul 15, 2008 3:39 PM
Jul 15, 2008 3:58 PM

May 2008
LAH-Foton said:
Macross is doing it right, yea.

And now I have a feeling that the Vajra are actually the survivors of Ranka's fleet (when her family was killed) or something...

There's definitely a link between her and the Vajra.

And Brera, don't ruin Alto's time to shine, plox, he has worked so hard to take a level in badass, but...

and I had a thought about Sheryl kicking ass, and I really had my hopes up high, but...

well, maybe she will improve with some hands-on approach, lmao.

and finally, the NUNS pilots grew some balls nao. SHINING FIST OF DOOM FTW

Did you notice that the NUNS pilots had VFs now as opposed their regular Fighters
thats prolly why the grew some balls.
Jul 15, 2008 4:18 PM

Mar 2008
they always had VFs, what are you talking about? They're using VF-171s, the upraded version of VF-17s
Jul 15, 2008 8:51 PM

May 2008
LAH-Foton said:
they always had VFs, what are you talking about? They're using VF-171s, the upraded version of VF-17s

Wait, how come in previous battles they didn't transform into the battleroid mode?
Jul 15, 2008 11:20 PM
May 2008
brera could be a survivor of galaxy and still be a survivor of Ranka's fleet originally as well, dont forget that.

Izzy2008 said:
LAH-Foton said:

Wait, how come in previous battles they didn't transform into the battleroid mode?

they just didnt, no reason. they probably did it a couple times and you missed it, or though they were SMS
Jul 15, 2008 11:23 PM

Mar 2008
well, it has been (almost) established that Brera is Ranka's brother.

And last time, the usual grunts are handling the Vajra. This time, it's the elite Diamond Squadron. Still, it's fun seeing those allied mooks not getting owned too badly this time.

and, SHINING PESTICIDE FIST OF DOOM ftw.
Jul 16, 2008 7:59 AM

May 2008
hatebobbarker said:
brera could be a survivor of galaxy and still be a survivor of Ranka's fleet originally as well, dont forget that.

Izzy2008 said:
LAH-Foton said:

they just didnt, no reason. they probably did it a couple times and you missed it, or though they were SMS

LAH-Foton said:
well, it has been (almost) established that Brera is Ranka's brother.

And last time, the usual grunts are handling the Vajra. This time, it's the elite Diamond Squadron. Still, it's fun seeing those allied mooks not getting owned too badly this time.

and, SHINING PESTICIDE FIST OF DOOM ftw.

So my question now is the Grunts had VFs aswell?
Jul 16, 2008 9:33 AM

Mar 2008
they always had it from before <_<

Maybe it's because the Vajra threat was new to them before, maybe it's because they were sending in noobs, who knows. But bottom line, they always had assigned with VFs

The era when they are using conventional spacecraft/aircraft for any reason has ended since Macross Zero.
Jul 16, 2008 9:53 PM

May 2008
LAH-Foton said:
they always had it from before <_<

Maybe it's because the Vajra threat was new to them before, maybe it's because they were sending in noobs, who knows. But bottom line, they always had assigned with VFs

The era when they are using conventional spacecraft/aircraft for any reason has ended since Macross Zero.

K that clears it up
Jul 17, 2008 1:39 PM

Aug 2007
epic episode is epic

I actually rewatched it twice.. lol.
Jul 17, 2008 3:41 PM

Jan 2008
Amazing episode. This show has the best cg sequences i've seen from any anime. And i just cant decide if i like the whole Ranka/Alto thing going on. But there also seems to be too much of a generation or maturity gap or something between the two so i dunno if anything will actually come of it.

Oct 4, 2008 2:06 PM

May 2008
sakuko said:
Good episode all around.
I agree
Oct 28, 2008 6:36 AM

Feb 2008
Damn, that was intense.
Dec 30, 2008 1:02 PM

Aug 2007
the duet battle thing was just TERRIBLE and I had to skip it coz I was SUFFERING.

Alto didn't suck this episode, wow.

Recap??? Sheesh.
Jan 30, 2009 9:32 AM

Jun 2008
When the civilians were thrown to space from the huge hole that beam ripped on the ship, I was pretty much going "HOLY SHIT".
Mar 31, 2009 5:56 AM

Jan 2008
Another awesome episode. I'm guessing Ranka has some sort of connection with the Vajra D:
Apr 26, 2009 3:25 PM

Mar 2009
My eye not blinking when watching this episode XD.
Jul 5, 2009 10:42 PM

Jul 2008
Enough action to distract me from the love triangle of doom. Yay!

We finally find out how Brera is. Macross Galaxy sounds really interesting.

BEGINNER
Sep 15, 2009 10:42 AM

Apr 2008
Michael's Ship...DAMNIT! Sheryl. Other than that, great fighting in this ep.

Ehhh, so Brera is from the military of Sheryl's macross vessal (or is that some kind of spy cover-up)?

Orkel said:
When the civilians were thrown to space from the huge hole that beam ripped on the ship, I was pretty much going "HOLY SHIT".

That made me sad...
shakeyourpup45Sep 15, 2009 7:18 PM
Oct 5, 2009 10:25 PM

Jan 2009
EPIC episode! =D

But seriously though... to be thrown into space like that with no protection. It makes me shiver thinking about it.
Dec 10, 2009 9:54 PM

Jan 2009
Holy shit that was EPIC!
Best ep yet full of insane fights and some awesome splosions!

This series does not disappoint!

Dec 12, 2009 6:44 AM

Apr 2009
After seeing what Grace did in the last episode I was beginning to suspect that the Vajra are actually the creation or allies, rather than the bane, of the technocratic Macross Galaxy... if what Brera says is true then even more... its still to be seen what's the deal with that 117th fleet though...
BTW the whole scene with Ranka in the egg pleading for an end to violence gave me Sara/Birdman from Zero vibes...
Alas86Dec 12, 2009 6:58 AM
Jan 12, 2010 1:27 PM
Aug 2009
so GAR this episode was.
Jun 13, 2010 2:15 PM

Dec 2009
She is Sheryl Nome . She can destroy anything ( mostly when she doesn't want to) !
Dec 15, 2010 5:07 PM

Aug 2009
Aw Alto got his spotlight stolen by Brera.
Serves him right that two-timer.
Mar 21, 2011 10:19 AM
Jun 2010
bit confused about where ranka sits now, being the queen and all. Maybe queen of vajra? I dunno, that berre guy is annoying, pisses me off.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.