Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 5, 2011 1:56 AM

Sep 2010
Am I the only one who is totally annoyed with Yukio?? Haha..
I have a feeling he isn't really siding with him.. It's realllly temping just to read the manga instead hnngnhnhng.

Also I don't find sheime that annoying haha, I've seem muchmuch worse main female characters than her ;P
Sep 5, 2011 2:48 AM
Dec 2007
After the worst episode of the series last week we now get one of the best. Ao no Exorcist really is random.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 5, 2011 2:58 AM

Apr 2009
Vanisher said:
danilodsz said:
shit episode...

I find very strange that the most powerful man of the exorcists can't end the battle easily and Shura, that are ways below him can stop Rin with just one sword swing... >_>
and very strange that after the battle started, all the other exorcists just watched and didn't do a thing to help the paladin... and then suddenly a shot comes out of nowhere.

in any case, will just remember that it's all anime original -fillers- episodes and continue watching for Shiemi/Kamiki scenes ><

nothing have sense in this anime , rin oneshoted amaimon while the paladin+shura had to run away from him.

Also we had a filler episode 2 episodes ago , and now we have rushed plot? so stupid.
maybe it's because Rin is freaking son of SATAN :) it's just natural he is way stronger than them he just doesn't control his power well yet and about Yukio people judge situation too quickly based on preview we should wait and see what happens
Sep 5, 2011 5:56 AM

Sep 2006
I guess they're going the totally off-tangent storyline as an anime ending. It seems to be something that might become acceptably epic, it really depends on they're gonna develop it further. But currently there's a lot of wth:

- Splinter group in vatican
- Yukio?!?!?
- Arthur is a real jerk. And really weak. As a paladin all he has is the title, he doesnt seem to have any real ability/skill to speak of.
- Mephisto is .... he nv actually gets to do anything. -.-
Sep 5, 2011 6:38 AM

Dec 2009
So what really happened to Michelle and Neuhaus? >_>
Sep 5, 2011 6:54 AM

Aug 2011
That tree made me ROFL!!! XD
the rest of the ep was a meh....
not hating it, but really wierd....
wait to see if we can more details about how that dude killed those higher ups, or whatever he did with them..
Sep 5, 2011 6:55 AM

Oct 2010
did Shiemi kill those 2 when she wrapped them up in those plants? or where did they go?
Sep 5, 2011 7:19 AM
Jun 2011
That tree would have kicked Arthurs a$$ for sure
Sep 5, 2011 9:41 AM

Jul 2009
I'm showing my age; that ep was cliche rich to the point of comical:
- villan soon turns into typical shounen defenceless female dispite doing well and seemin powerful previously
- sad(ish) backstory comes into place to make the female villian look innocent
- said new, strong character 'dying' in order to prevent stealing the limelight
- no harm falls on the famale as she gets rescued by the leading male
- leading teenage male fairs well against established opponents
- leading moe girl plays angel and damzel in distress
- leading 'cute girl' surrounded by 'cute things'
- fairly happy ending dispite seeming morbid
It's as if a book of writers tools was opened and a multitude of options were selected.

Yukio and the grandad was the highlight of the ep' - I would have been happy to see more of them.

OK episode still.

Sep 5, 2011 11:54 AM
Jun 2008
Vatican: I have nothing to do with this Anime >.>"
Sep 5, 2011 1:51 PM

May 2008
I totally though that they'd go with the "Rin killed your mother when you were born" thing making them fight each other. Though they wished bigger and now Yukio and his grandfather? vs. Rin and the Vaticans....
Sep 5, 2011 2:25 PM

May 2008
Are you kidding, Yukio >_> This better be a joke.

Cause honestly I fucking hate Arthur. He's starting to get on my nerves. Always cutting in at the worst times and just causing stupid shit for EVERYONE. Wish someone would like..kick him in the face and shut him up. And fuck Shura for stopping Rin from screwing Arthur up. That would have been cool.

Sep 5, 2011 5:23 PM

Aug 2010
my ratings for yukio just went down quite significantly >_>; im sorry but some stranger tells you he's your grandfather and without doing anything you support him ._.? well at least arthur gets trolled for once >_>
looks like this is where the focus'll be these last few episodes
Sep 5, 2011 5:52 PM

Apr 2011
cardin said:

- Arthur is a real jerk. And really weak. As a paladin all he has is the title, he doesnt seem to have any real ability/skill to speak of.

Well, He did this fast movement thing (almost like teleportation) last episode, but thats about all I've seen from him.
Sep 5, 2011 8:54 PM
Aug 2011
Arthur really annoying in this episode!
Sep 5, 2011 10:38 PM

Apr 2010
Lightyear8684 said:
I wished Shiemi gotten shot instead, damn...

This.
Sep 5, 2011 11:23 PM
Jun 2011
At first I was really irked that they just had Mr. Paladin kick Rin's arse without a fight scene.
But then we got a fight scene :D
Sep 6, 2011 1:13 AM

Jan 2011
Okay you can all hate me for saying this but I didn't really like how it all went down in the end. Everything went WAY too fast, Rin was just acting like a child too. Normally he's reckless and stuff, but not necessarily childish. But that's my opinion.
The lady hated Rin, then took a bullet for him JUST cuz he was fighting for her, and then Rin attacked the Vatican and about 2 minutes later they retreated like "oh well, we barely tried, might as well leave now"

Nooot a great episode, but not terrible.

Next episode looks promising...
But Yukio...really? XP
SerB3128Sep 6, 2011 1:17 AM
Sep 6, 2011 5:50 AM
Oct 2010
o_o whoa.
Sep 6, 2011 6:59 AM
Jan 2011
I think Yukio will have to face off with Rin.
Sep 6, 2011 1:53 PM

Dec 2009
webkid94 said:
Ugh, Yukio is really annoying me now. His inferiority complex has pretty much taken over him to the point where he believed anything that old dude in the mask told him about their mother. I liked him at first, but i had a feeling it would turn into this.

Shoot everyone in this episode was annoying:
--Rin for barging in on Shiemi and Nehaus' wife when it was obvious she wasn't going to hurt Shiemi. Totally lost it.

--Shiemi for pretty much letting in a stranger not knowing who or what she is.

--Paladin guy for stopping Mephisto from being a badass. If he wasn't voiced by Daisuke Ono, i'd really hate this guy.

--Shura..I don't know about her. She just doesn't seem as cool anymore, more like a grouchy adult.

Yeah, honestly, I should have seen this coming as well. Ever since the split-second Kyoto Arc, Yukio has been thinking a little too much about everything and now he's losing his 'leadership/stronger brother' role and now it's become spiraled into an inferiority complex like you said *sigh* Unfortunately, though, he's starting to gain one in the Manga, too. At least, that's what I think anyways. And, yeah, waaaaaaaaaay too trusting to the 'grandfather' already. But, again, inferiority complex is clouding his judgement orz.

So:

-Rin is a teenage boy. Has a huge crush on Shiemi, thought Michelle was going to hurt her (because, Rin also doesn't want anyone else to fall on his behalf) and so attacked without thinking. Plus, you have to think about how Michelle just attacked everyone close to him so he wouldn't know about Michelle other than how she's been attacking people.

-Shiemi WAS annoying on that part I have to say. But, she's way too trusting because she wants friends since a) she's been weak because she let the demon in her grandmother's garden use her b) didn't have many friends as a child c) is just too nice. Sucks, yes, but - that's just how she is I guess.

-I think he's a looot better in the Manga, personally *shrugs*

-She's also a lot better as a character in the Manga.

FlynnxGuy said:
Nehaus seems like a pretty cool guy to me .____.
BTW I didn't like how they showed Rin's mother in the anime before the manga....

I guess in the end he did turn out nice. But, it's so damn inconsistent because he also attacked all the Exwire's mere episodes ago. And, let a high-powered demon familiar into the academy *sigh*
I didn't like that, either. Bleh.

AzylSagara said:
I'm not sure if this original ending is going to be any good at this point. The whole episode felt pretty rushed.

I doubt it's going to be with how the episodes are going now. And, yeah, now that I think back on the episode - way too rushed indeed.

FenixDragon43 said:
Am I the only one who is totally annoyed with Yukio?? Haha..
I have a feeling he isn't really siding with him.. It's realllly temping just to read the manga instead hnngnhnhng.

Also I don't find sheime that annoying haha, I've seem much worse main female characters than her ;P

I think Yukio is another character that is good in the Manga but in the Anime loses part of himself. As it were.
And, I WOULD. The Manga is more epic, has more fighting, everyone one is a lot more down to Earth than "You're the Son of Satan?! But, wait, I need to get your sword fixed 'cuz you're my friend. But, now I hate you again plus I don't trust you! However, you helped me so let's be friends again~!" (lol, cliff notes version of the cast's feeling towards Rin from episode 15 to 17). So, you should go read it. Plus, it isn't going to be ending anytime soon I can guarantee it~

And, I don't find her annoying either to be honest. Just sometimes XD;

cardin said:
I guess they're going the totally off-tangent storyline as an anime ending. It seems to be something that might become acceptably epic, it really depends on they're gonna develop it further. But currently there's a lot of wth:

- Splinter group in vatican
- Yukio?!?!?
- Mephisto is .... he nv actually gets to do anything. -.-

I agree with all of those. I'm tired of Mephisto getting the short end of the stick for being bad-ass thanks to Arthur :T

kamina99 said:
That tree made me ROFL!!! XD
the rest of the ep was a meh....
not hating it, but really wierd....
wait to see if we can more details about how that dude killed those higher ups, or whatever he did with them..

Me, too! XD
And, I think he either a) killed them or b) imprisoned them so he can do what he wants. Which, happens to be "rid the world of demons"

sayami said:
I totally though that they'd go with the "Rin killed your mother when you were born" thing making them fight each other. Though they wished bigger and now Yukio and his grandfather? vs. Rin and the Vaticans....

Well, there's always the Manga for that ending I guess. Which, I think will make the storyline more interesting in the end. And, yeah, I want to see what happens for the rest of the Anime *___*
sillyker0nianSep 6, 2011 1:58 PM
Sep 6, 2011 2:04 PM
Jul 2010
This episode was just ridiculous... The anime is so friggen far away from the actual plot of the manga that it's just stupid to me at this point... I understand that they need to fit this stuff into 25 eps, but they created a completely different storyline. After how badly they just butchered the manga, this really doesn't deserve a second season imo. I'm not even going to watch this garbage anymore.
Sep 6, 2011 3:05 PM

May 2009
The plot and character developments in this episode were so fast, it's like the producers want to wrap up things as fast as they can. I bet someone realized that they're only 4 episodes from the end and he was like:"Crap! This is the 20th episode and we haven't planned yet an ending to this anime! Screenwriters, quick! Write something that looks like a satisfying climax, I don't care about cliches or being rushed, we need an ending ASAP!"

I guess only the last episodes will decide if this series will be good or not...
Sep 6, 2011 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
Lemonzest said:
This episode was just ridiculous... The anime is so friggen far away from the actual plot of the manga that it's just stupid to me at this point... I understand that they need to fit this stuff into 25 eps, but they created a completely different storyline. After how badly they just butchered the manga, this really doesn't deserve a second season imo. I'm not even going to watch this garbage anymore.

"Inb4 Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood"
Someone told me this, and yeah, the name is cool. -n
Sep 6, 2011 7:16 PM

Feb 2010
the manga isnt good either.
Sep 6, 2011 11:46 PM

Aug 2010
decent ep, even if it was supposedly half filler. and for those manga purists expecting it to be pure to the manga is kinda setting yourself up for a letdown. hope for the best but expect the worst.
Sep 7, 2011 5:22 AM

Oct 2010
Another excellent episode. I loved mostly seeing Rin's mother as follows,

how old is she? She looks like a teenager and if she had kids then so more the sadder. Was she like demon raped? I don't see it any other way less somehow a demon forced itself inside her birth that she had at the time all this happened.

Further on Shiemi in the following,

for some reason that face is kind of unique. Well I like it. Shiemi fan after all.

WTF is up with the subbers in the spoiler
playboy bunny on the breasts of Shura?
Oh noes trolling by gg again right?

BTW Image Stitches in the spoiler
I forgot those but Neuhaus's wife is hot TBH. It's not until you see her on the big plan you can see her light skin and innocence.
Yumekichi11Sep 11, 2011 8:40 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 7, 2011 8:04 AM

Oct 2009
The music towards the end was really beautiful.

Plus I need to ask.. why are people finding Shiemi annoying in this episode?
I don't see it, or even understand how she's acting any different.

Also -- Rin's tail is mega cute. I wanna' tug on it.
Sep 7, 2011 8:33 AM

Sep 2009
The grandfather seems like a bad guy. What happen to gurigori? Angel seems like the villian too lol. Green man nii-can is so cute!
Sep 7, 2011 11:10 PM

Jun 2011
Rin is so great. I missed my darling Memiphisto though this last episode. WHERE WAS HE!?!? and why is he not in a jail cell the next episode but rin is? What is up with this plan to hunt demons too!?!? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

I love the concept of the garden of amahara btw. Sounds really beutiful. (;
Sep 8, 2011 11:08 PM
Sep 2011
femalegoblin said:
Rin is so great. I missed my darling Memiphisto though this last episode. WHERE WAS HE!?!? and why is he not in a jail cell the next episode but rin is? What is up with this plan to hunt demons too!?!? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

I love the concept of the garden of amahara btw. Sounds really beutiful. (;

You did watch the previous episodes right?
Sep 9, 2011 3:54 PM

Jul 2011
Judging from the previews for the next episode, Yukio turned into an idiot.
Sep 9, 2011 9:20 PM

Jul 2010
Really great episode! I can't wait to see what happens to Yukio. I thought for sure he was going to decline the offer. I guess that's only a MAIN character thing... lol.

And does anyone know who reads the manga if the plot now is canonical? I was just wondering, I mean, I love the show, but if there's a slightly different story in the manga I'd still love to read it...
Sep 9, 2011 9:40 PM

Sep 2011
Sakulily said:
The music towards the end was really beautiful.

Plus I need to ask.. why are people finding Shiemi annoying in this episode?
I don't see it, or even understand how she's acting any different.

Also -- Rin's tail is mega cute. I wanna' tug on it.
people probably hate her just to hate her, plus there s asurprising amoutn of people that ahte her cause they prefer rin with izumi, yah all 3 minutes of screen tiem they ahve had in both manga and anime ha s alot of shippers, :/

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 10, 2011 6:39 AM
Sep 2011
fishergirl16 said:
Really great episode! I can't wait to see what happens to Yukio. I thought for sure he was going to decline the offer. I guess that's only a MAIN character thing... lol.

And does anyone know who reads the manga if the plot now is canonical? I was just wondering, I mean, I love the show, but if there's a slightly different story in the manga I'd still love to read it...

the manga is completely different from after the time rin's friends find out he's satan's son
Sep 10, 2011 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
rebelling for someone who just tried to kill you and your friends? Rin is stupid but we already knew that. Shiemi is still annoying.

so yeah I don't trust the grampa at all. he staged a coup to take over the Vatican and go on a demon hunt. Yeah, that's not suspicious and idiot Yukio is just going along with it.
Sep 10, 2011 8:18 PM

Oct 2008
Oh my god, this is horrible. What an emo faggot Yukio is. QQ, my brother is better than me, so i'll turn against him in hopes of killing his ass.
Sep 11, 2011 2:46 PM

Dec 2009
The end was nice
Sep 11, 2011 6:10 PM

Jul 2009
The most annoying protagonist and the most annoying leading lady in one show. GREAT. JUST GREAT.

I'm starting to hate this show, again.
Sep 12, 2011 9:12 AM

Aug 2008
This ep feels so rushed. Kind of lame how it ended actually.
Sep 12, 2011 11:18 PM

Aug 2009
This is pathetic. What a terrible episode.
Sep 13, 2011 10:38 AM

Aug 2010
ew, I haven't read the manga but just feel that something idiotic appeared in the series. First time when this show annoyed me.
Sep 14, 2011 11:56 PM

Apr 2011
Michelle looks like Riza from Full Metal, sadly her drama was sadly developed, may she R.I.P.

Shiemi meeting Michelle was sketchy as Yukio introduced grandfather, who seem to have bad intention.

Yukio excepting to become the new Paladin was ridicules, he doesn't have the strength to earn it.
vansonbeeSep 15, 2011 4:57 PM
Sep 15, 2011 12:38 AM
Mar 2009
I can't tell who I found more annoying, Shiemi or Rin. The Paladin too...

I guess that's the last we'll ever see of Neuhaus.
Sep 18, 2011 8:50 AM
Feb 2009
Arthur's a git, to be honest... Compared to what Fujimoto seemed to be capable of, he'd be a mere esquire.
story felt a bit, flimsy, it was all like "Oh, she's my wife, she was dead, but now she isn't because someone reanimated her." ---> She gets shot "Ahwell, let's bugger off into some sort of plant orb."

And Shiemi isn't all that annoying, I've seen more annoying female characters, both supporting (I fffing hated Denpa's Meme), as wel as lead (OreImo's Kirino).

Sep 19, 2011 5:16 AM

May 2010
So Michelle knows Japanese too. ~_~

Anyway, many sudden events are happening and I hope it delivers till the end.
Sep 19, 2011 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
Feels like this anime is going to bomb in the last few episodes. 21 episodes in and Rin is still the same stubborn idiot and Yukio is still self absorbed and lacks anything of interest. There has been absolutely no character development in this anime. Really disappointing especially since I really liked the first three or four episodes.
Sep 19, 2011 12:36 PM

Sep 2010
Didn't Shiemi basically killed that eye-patched teacher? He was alive when she put him and his dead wife in that thing of leaves and branches, wouldn't he die of starvation in that thing?

This show really starts to take a completely different turn compared to the last few eps when it was just fun stuff. I like the fillers very much in this show though, just like the story. I don't like though that Yukio, again, took the side in which he has to kill his brother.
Sep 22, 2011 5:01 AM

Oct 2010
Lots of things going on. I love busy episodes. :bd

I liked Michelle, though. Seeing her and Neuhaus together was kind of ♥~

I'm shallow, so everything makes me happy.
[insert awesome signature here]
Sep 24, 2011 9:02 AM

Jan 2011
Is the plot straying from the manga now?
This episode was kind of sad. but those little green men are adorable.
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.