Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2011 6:31 PM

Aug 2008
That was an amazing episode as usual. I loved how Cristina tried to copy Hououin's laugh. I kind of expected Suzuha to be from the future or at least something along those lines since she was rather suspicious, but I did not expect her to be John Titor.

Also, does anyone understand the spoon and fork thing? I assume it is a meme from 2chan, but a further explanation would be nice if anyone can give one.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Jul 5, 2011 6:49 PM

May 2008
Hmm, kinda didn't surprise me when Suzuha turned out to be John Titor, since after she started talking of the 1% divergence I somehow got the feeling she would be him, with her father being Barrel Titor and all :D

Quite an actionless episode this time, but at least it gave some valuable information :D At least it is confirmed that there is a way to save Mayuri, but reaching it seems to be a completely different matter O_o
Jul 5, 2011 6:51 PM
May 2011
so okabe was in the world line beta before the first d-mail, now he needs to get back there, can't wait to the next ep
Jul 5, 2011 7:14 PM

Nov 2009
Daidragon1990 said:
MaiKaosuSekai said:
Anyone else think of
?
That was the first thing that popped into my head when he kept failing to save Mayuri ;o

Agreed. Once again, this episode totally grabbed a shotgun and blew my mind away with its sheer awesomeness

I just hope the traveling back through time doesn't become stale like Endless 8

It already has destroyed the horror of what is the endless 8. With that said I hope they do avoid the overuse of the same scenes.
Jul 5, 2011 7:32 PM

Jun 2008
It just keeps getting better and better......(I think I've said that after every episode)

Anyways.....WOW.....I didn't expect her to be John Titor, and hopefully they have a plan to save Mayuri.

TUTURU~
Jul 5, 2011 7:43 PM

Nov 2009
omfg .. Suzuha is John Titor? Things are heating up!
Jul 5, 2011 7:45 PM

May 2010
So the speculations were true that Suzuha came from the future but to be John Titor wasn't expected.

Suzuha using a male title didn't crossed my mind. >.<

And Kurisu blushing more. <3

She proved to be more useful than just making time leaps and D-Mail work.

So there's still hope for Mayuri to be alive. That was relieving..
Jul 5, 2011 7:53 PM

Apr 2011
That lady with the white bullet train has got to be important in some way later on ... probably as a clue to let the viewer know when something major's changed again.
Jul 5, 2011 8:03 PM

Sep 2008
I wonder why it took so long for him to get some help.
If one's libido is not enough, always get more sources of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2011 8:12 PM

Mar 2010
If Okarin does change world lines or w/e........Is it possible that Moeka isn't the one currently working for SERN or will she always be the one working for them? /confusedabit

Either way, its gonna be interesting to see what happens next episode.
Jul 5, 2011 8:32 PM

Nov 2008
So, this was an awesome episode. I got to see Mayuri die again like a bunch of times, which honestly became annoying. I get Okabe is worried about her, but for me it got annoying really fast. So, I was pretty happy that Mayuri disappeared for the rest of the episode and I got my Okabe and Kurisu scenes. Don't get me wrong..I like Mayuri, but my favorite is without a doubt Kurisu so I was missing her already.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 5, 2011 8:41 PM

Feb 2010
i suspected her to be titor :P

so... d-mails wont solve the problem it seems.
or do they?

some people said that okabe d-mail in first episode saved kurisu , but i still think that there's something more...

why there are so many "i didnt expect her to be titor" -.- it was highly possible...
Jul 5, 2011 8:43 PM

Apr 2010
brilliant episode! i wanna hop into suzuha's time machine and go 1 week into the future so i get my share of new steins gate episode... :p
Jul 5, 2011 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
Jul 5, 2011 9:05 PM
Nov 2010
"Right now what you want most is your own personal fork, but you already have your own spoon?"

What, im confused by that sentence what does it mean?

I wonder why Christina blushed like that after Okabe said it does she have some sort of cutlery fetish? is it a bad translation interpretation?
Jul 5, 2011 9:29 PM

Jul 2010
I really hope there's a way to prevent Mayuri's death.
And I never expected Suzuha to be John Titor. Things are really getting interesting!
Jul 5, 2011 9:40 PM

Jun 2011
I think my brain exploded from awesomesauceness of this anime. It's full of freakin' surprises!
Jul 5, 2011 9:42 PM

Jun 2009
But... the future refused to change. (At least for now...)
Jul 5, 2011 11:10 PM

May 2011
Wow, Steins;Gate just keeps getting better and better. At first it seems like a big mess of confusion where only little bits here and there make sense, then they start connecting together... falling into place... and now we're starting to get the big picture!

I really did not expect Suzuha to be John Titor, so that there was a huge surprise, but it all makes sense! Gahh, this anime is so hard to describe but I LOVE it. What started out as some weird guy rambling on about who knows what and his two friends who didn't really give a damn has turned into a masterpiece. At least in my opinion.

This is awesome, the plot just gets more interesting and even though it may seem nonsensical, all of a sudden everything snaps into place. I feel really bad for Okabe though. I mean what a nightmare watching your close friend die over and over, in a world where no one has a clue what you're talking about. A world where no matter how hard you desperately try to protect someone, everything seems to conspire against you so they die. Poor guy, I really hope they find a way to save her soon.

I really suck at describing what I mean, but either way I love it so far and can't wait for the next episode. I want to know more about Suzuha too! And even though she said something about Kurisu joining SERN, I really hope that doesn't happen. I mean really, after going through all that and knowing what they're up to why would SHE EVER want to join them!? Gahh, next week seems so far away...
Jul 5, 2011 11:19 PM

Feb 2010
After all those time jumps I still couldn't get over the fact I'm not in the "real world" that I should have been in. I don't get how he can live with that. Maybe I don't know what im saying either, though.
Jul 5, 2011 11:40 PM

Sep 2009
Another great episode. I was wondering why it was taking so long for Okabe to get help.
Jul 5, 2011 11:41 PM

Jul 2007
solman said:
"Right now what you want most is your own personal fork, but you already have your own spoon?"

What, im confused by that sentence what does it mean?

I wonder why Christina blushed like that after Okabe said it does she have some sort of cutlery fetish? is it a bad translation interpretation?

I played VN but couldn't get why Kurisu was embarrassing where she mentioned spoon and fork. Maybe for her, spoon means friend and fork means lover as her own metaphor or something, I guess.
revive4563Jul 5, 2011 11:57 PM
Jul 6, 2011 12:01 AM

Jun 2011
Omg jello scene in a flash. Is that it? I wanna hear that horrific scream of Okabe. Disappointed. They portrayed him as less emotional. In the VN, when Mayuri got shot back in the lab, it just painted Okabe's mind all red and he charged at Moeka screaming "I'LL KILL YAAAAA!!!", but was stopped by Kurisu. And we've yet seen the "best" of Mayuri's deaths, hahahaa... ha. All we got are the gore ones. Tho I doubt they will ever put it into the anime as it's -

*Not really a spoiler*

I'm glad that Suzuha finally explained everything. So every1 can stop arguing and enjoys the show. =]

If Suzuha's Attraction Thoery is indeed correct... she should of realised that her doings will all be in vain. SERN will rule time itself. But if it's Worldline Beta... hum...
KansokushaJul 6, 2011 2:16 AM
Jul 6, 2011 12:20 AM

Nov 2010
herox3 said:
I wish I hadn't been spoiled by /a/, the plot twist isn't as shocking :/ (although I was shocked when I read it).

Oh, and

you just raped my childhood
Jul 6, 2011 1:01 AM

Oct 2010
This is freaking crazy at the end. When Suzuha in the following,

said “I am from the year 2036 and am John Titor” I was like WTF! O_O Then it went something like Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!
I knew it but still it totally got me surprised with the setup it put forward. Suzuha here literally blew me out of my seat with her Alpha/Beta word line theory that is rather well shown here with the way it's portrayed I loved it! Not to mention the divergence number indicator in the spoiler
whom Okabe himself invented.
Which means he does succeed in saving Mayuri possibly because he built that so that a mistake like with Mayuri would not happen. Perhaps he built to save Mayuri in the past as well.

According to what I understood (I am sure Fai and Saka can correct me if I ma wrong) I love you guys in this thread! Anyway from the looks of the threads on this rope they are like many world lines but only in one major world line and all Okabe did was change the circumstances around an event that repeats itself in that major world line thus it is not avoidable but there is something as things being undone, however it's impossible to do that in that major world line because too much has changed, I suppose, to reverse it back. Thing is if you can change major world lines like the ropes here show then changing the occurrences of things without having the death of Mayuri happen is a possibility. In fact Mayuri's death may never happen as long as those things get undone in that major world line that Mayuri's death has not happened at all. In the end we have a time machine able to do that major world line change and I hope that Makise/Suzuha/Okabe do it all together. Save Mayuri please! Save her no matter what!

The other thing that cheered up my super depression still lingering around me is Makise's pose in the following,

now that was great. Her facials of shy and loving nature in the spoiler
got me really good into a better mood somewhat. Like the red fading away of a slap but the pain still being around. In fact it was this very face of Makise with a cursing of her future self. That got me laughing for the first time in this episode. Loved Makise's cause/occurrence board. After all for a occurrence to happen a effect must happen but for that to occur a cause must be responsible. It's precisely that cause that is root that cannot be undone less the major world line occurs to the Beta world line!

• I cried manly tears with Okabe in the following spoiler
    as he cried I broke down! I can't take Mayuri's death. It's hard on me emotionally.That bitch Moeka and SERN. Damn you all!

• I got totally broken down by Mayuri's death. This is so hard on me. HEY MAN! I have seen Mayuri die like 7 times! 7 times! Oosran is probably getting orgasmic over it in this episode but I value emotionally a lot Mayuri. Mayuri died 7 times:
    -First time was not that bad.
    -Second was not bad either.
    -As the third times became more graphic it has gotten me much more emotionally. As details are shown it affect me more.
    -Fourth time just kept piling up on the depression.
    -Fifth time here.
    By the end Mayuri's deaths in the spoiler
    got me T_T like never before. I broke down there at that moment. It was a total drenching experience of tears. I mean when you see Mayuri have a gun pointed at her and you see a window being broken like that while Okabe got Mayuri's blood on his face. T_T No more! Mayuri's watch in blood made it worse! :(

• Loved how Okabe used a toy gun at first and then got a real one from Moeka in the spoiler
    I find Moeka's reasons to be the same lame ass reasons that any other organization would use as a excuse to shut down civilians that know too much. FUCK YOU SERN! That's all I got to say. Damn shit ass organization think they can do like all these major oil tycoons that shut down inventor of cars that don't need their shit ass oil (e.g.). Yeah, I say let the public of this machine and let them use it with some control implemented. Like you can't go back more than a amount. Anyway SERN can eat my shorts and die from that.
Lovely episode. This show is amazing and rocks. It got me raged, depressed and excited in one go again! Wow! Amazing really.
Yumekichi11Jul 6, 2011 2:12 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 6, 2011 1:33 AM

Mar 2011

"Sorry 3D girls, i'm already in love..." :3

Jul 6, 2011 2:02 AM

Jul 2007
Muchan said:
If Okarin does change world lines or w/e........Is it possible that Moeka isn't the one currently working for SERN or will she always be the one working for them? /confusedabit

That would require changing world-line from further away point, at least twenty years or so. So yeah, I bet with current tech capabilities he is not capable of that.

Falmung said:
I was speculating Suzuha being John Titor from the very first 4 episodes.

It was such an obvious thing that it almost seemed like a red herring and I kind of hoped for something surprising with Titor's identity
Jul 6, 2011 2:06 AM

Jul 2010
Finjas said:

Kurisu & her husband. What a pity!
Jul 6, 2011 2:09 AM

Oct 2010
kusushi said:
Finjas said:

Hey wow! They are really so go good together. Now I get the Makise x Okabe stuff. Finally!

Jul 6, 2011 3:00 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, a big twist. finally John Titor was revealed. Kurisu was cheering Okabe up was hilarious, "Haaahhahahaaaa..."

Jul 6, 2011 3:03 AM

Apr 2011
Fai said:
Muchan said:

That would require changing world-line from further away point, at least twenty years or so. So yeah, I bet with current tech capabilities he is not capable of that.

I'm pretty sure they did say something in one of the episodes, there being a time limit on the time leap machine and can only go back about 48 hours maximum.

Anyway, glad to see more of Suzuha finally and got the feeling she was John Titor or at least knew him so sadly wasn't much of a surprise but the rest of the episode was absolutely brilliant! Excited for more!
hey hey hey hey no
Jul 6, 2011 3:07 AM

Jul 2011
That was awesome! With Joh titor-Suzuha- there is possibiltiy to find %1 divergence world to save Mayuri. I cant stand to see her died many times. Why not another girl? maybe feyris. but i dont want to see her dying again! Damn you Moeka, you bitch! I cried many times because of you! Damn you Sern.
Jul 6, 2011 3:36 AM

Jul 2010
Totally loved this episode! Okabe x Kurisu moments were definitely the best!
Actually, I would never have thought that Suzuha was John Titor, thought that Okabe himself was John Titor.
Jul 6, 2011 5:50 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, lovely Kurisu action indeed, as always. Suzuha "Part-Time Warrior/John Titor" Amane revelation was surprising too, at least for myself ;D
Jul 6, 2011 6:30 AM

Mar 2011
kusushi said:
Finjas said:

Kurisu & her husband. What a pity!

Actually, Okarin is my 2D reincarnation. :3

Jul 6, 2011 6:53 AM

Jan 2009
fuck ye!!! Steins Gate is awesome
im guessing Suzuha is Okabe and Kurisu's daughter lol
Jul 6, 2011 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
Boy, I love tsundere like Kurisu. Just the perfect type.

Anyway, John Titor aka "Part-Time Warrior" finally decides to help. Now, my worries is why she is against Kurisu before for most of the time. I wonder what she did in the future.
Jul 6, 2011 9:13 AM
Sep 2009
Ep was awesome man! No idea what a personal fork and spoon does but i really wish to find out now. Its too bad mayushii has to die though she'll be remembered forever as one of those non-cliche banana-loving happy going characters. Farewell, Tutuuruu!
Jul 6, 2011 10:01 AM

May 2008
Probably means you can't use chopsticks, and you lived in America for way too long. lol
fmiu
Jul 6, 2011 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
^ I can use chopsticks and never been in america, yet i have no clue what's a personal fork. I mean, i guess it's a fork that only you use, but that's kinda stupid.

Well anyway, this was a good episode. Loved Kurisu. But i feel like Suzuha's lying to me. I refuse to believe she's John Titor.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 6, 2011 12:05 PM

Feb 2009
STM said:
The ChäoS;HEAd anime is absolutely terrible and a big piece of shit, you should avoid it at all costs.
The VN (visual novel) however, is great. You should definitely read the VN, it's completely translated in English. You can find it on Google.

Are they so different?
Jul 6, 2011 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
Rinso said:
STM said:
The ChäoS;HEAd anime is absolutely terrible and a big piece of shit, you should avoid it at all costs.
The VN (visual novel) however, is great. You should definitely read the VN, it's completely translated in English. You can find it on Google.

Are they so different?

Yes, they are. They really REALLY are.
Jul 6, 2011 12:56 PM

Nov 2009
Not a spoiler just a thought

So, does this mean Okabe really travelled back in the past in the same world line and not jumping to another?
Jul 6, 2011 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
STM said:
Rinso said:
STM said:
Are they so different?
Yes, they are. They really REALLY are.
And just to emphasize, they really, really are very much different.
The VN's almost a masterpiece, while the anime is... well, far from anything near good.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 6, 2011 1:14 PM

Oct 2010
bakuramariks said:
So, does this mean Okabe really travelled back in the past in the same world line and not jumping to another?
No he does not because the 1% was never crossed. he just jumped on many world lines of the major world line. The only way to really jump to the Beta world line would be Suzuha's time machine IMO. Thus why Suzuha is valuable imperatively.

Is there really another way to travel to Beta line without Suzuha's time machine?

Jul 6, 2011 1:20 PM

Nov 2009
I wasn't talking about Alpha and Beta world lines. I remember that there was a discussion of whether Okabe went back to the past of the same world line again and again (ep. 13) and Fai, if i remember correctly, said it's impossible to do it and he only changed world lines again.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Jul 6, 2011 1:40 PM
May 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
bakuramariks said:
No he does not because the 1% was never crossed. he just jumped on many world lines of the major world line. The only way to really jump to the Beta world line would be Suzuha's time machine IMO. Thus why Suzuha is valuable imperatively.

Is there really another way to travel to Beta line without Suzuha's time machine?

actually suzuha said it: the only way to change to beta worldline is to change a major event (going over 1%) u don't really need suzuha's time machine, okabe was in the beta worldline on the first episode
darkziosjJul 6, 2011 1:46 PM
Jul 6, 2011 3:04 PM

Jun 2009
bakuramariks said:
I wasn't talking about Alpha and Beta world lines. I remember that there was a discussion of whether Okabe went back to the past of the same world line again and again (ep. 13) and Fai, if i remember correctly, said it's impossible to do it and he only changed world lines again.

I think, that difference in divergence between this worlds probably too low to register... Maybe...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Jul 6, 2011 3:07 PM
Jul 2010
bakuramariks said:
I believe you are correct. As Okabe didn't change what happened before, aka. the only change being the fact that he's back at one point with the memories from the future, which means nothing is different from before. So it's the same worldline, but if he acts different, the course of events will obviously flow in a different way (as we've seen).
Jul 6, 2011 3:36 PM

Jul 2007
Dusk252 said:
bakuramariks said:
I believe you are correct. As Okabe didn't change what happened before, aka. the only change being the fact that he's back at one point with the memories from the future, which means nothing is different from before. So it's the same worldline, but if he acts different, the course of events will obviously flow in a different way (as we've seen).

*facepalm*

Read the bolded part you wrote yourself. That is what a different worldline is.

Even if I posted a 20 page explanation on why time travel TO SAME TIMELINE IS IMPOSSIBLE, someone would still write such stuff.

AS for the counter-mcguffin the only explanation I could offer is animation error
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.