Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2011 2:47 PM

Jul 2007
DenjaX said:
Fai said:
And seriously, people surprised on who Suzuha is?...after countless foreshadowings(capsule disappearing from building after she leaves, her appearing after titor says to okabe he will contact her,etc). The show pretty much SPELLED OUT who her parents are, even.
^Way to go Einstein, I can still remember you made Okarin as John Titor instead of Suzuha eps before.

as one of possibilities.

John Titor was either Okarin, Daru or Suzuha(most obvious choice). Nothing else woul dhave made sense.

Daru and Okarin fell from the list with the reveals of Suzuha episode. Thus it was VERY painfully obvious who Titor was.

hikaricore said:
I still don't think Fai fully understands what's going on with the time/world line concepts. :)
This episode didn't really prove you right like you seem to think, it's currently borderline.

I understand with perfect clarity that the very idea of changing or travelling to same timeline is physics bullshit of quantum level.

Suzuha pretty much spelled out that every decision makes worldline from our pov. And that the lines are currently grouped by two probability outcomes - mayuri dies and mayuri lives. Okabe just needs to shift to world line with enough differences for that different outcome to be possible.
AhenshihaelJul 5, 2011 2:52 PM
Jul 5, 2011 2:54 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
So depressing anime T_T ........ cant wait for next ep.. Mayuri T_T ....... Moeka GO to hell! W00t Susuzha = Titor !!!! ARawnIFJAWfawojfawiojaw il go mAD
Jul 5, 2011 3:02 PM

Dec 2010
Damn. They really portrayed Okabe's emotions really well. His despair...his anger...his confusion - that was really intense.

Moe points for Kurisu blushing. Omfg.

Hey... they changed the story a bit from the VN regarding Suzuha...and I wanted to see that scene too...damnit!

What actually happened in the VN was..

In my opinion, that would have been a lot better considering it adds a lot to the emotions that are already present.

But now we know that.....SUZUHA IS JOHNT TITOR AND IS A TIME TRAVELLER FROM 2036 :OOOOOO

Can't wait to watch the next one.

Jul 5, 2011 3:11 PM

Oct 2010
so she is John Titor, wouldn't expect that, this anime has really grown on me in the past 4 or so episodes!
Jul 5, 2011 3:14 PM

Aug 2010
MAN that was awesome!
Well the cat is out of the bag Suzuha is John Titor and that satellite thing was a time machine!

If the butterfly effect is in play...i think that in the beta worldline they may save Mayuri but i can't stop thinking that may lead to someone else dying (im thinking about Kurisu) remembering the first episode it may be a possibility.

Jul 5, 2011 3:16 PM

Mar 2011
Damn! I really want that thing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qoxnkneIpA

Jul 5, 2011 3:24 PM
Nov 2010
"Screw you, future me..." XD was the best line in this episode for me.
Jul 5, 2011 3:33 PM
Jun 2010
Oldy said:
cruel but i couldnt help it

EPIC PIC

and epic anime.
sakaJul 5, 2011 8:27 PM
Jul 5, 2011 3:36 PM

Dec 2010
My gosh Okarin is like what...a prof at some university? I was annoyed that he ran around mindlessly trying to do everything on his own. Then again he was sort of crazy to begin with, and Kurisu has already been shown to be the one who had better long term thoughts between the two. Well I guess Mayuri's death caused him to go full crazy for a bit but I'm glad this was only limited to 2 episodes. Makes me want to downgrade Steins Gate rating of a 10/10 to a 9/10 because he was acting very stupid/annoying.

Finally last episode and this episode is over. Next episodes should start to be interesting again.
Jul 5, 2011 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
taro_sado said:
My gosh Okarin is like what...a prof at some university? I was annoyed that he ran around mindlessly trying to do everything on his own. Then again he was sort of crazy to begin with, and Kurisu has already been shown to be the one who had better long term thoughts between the two. Well I guess Mayuri's death caused him to go full crazy for a bit but I'm glad this was only limited to 2 episodes. Makes me want to downgrade Steins Gate rating of a 10/10 to a 9/10 because he was acting very stupid/annoying.

Finally last episode and this episode is over. Next episodes should start to be interesting again.

why annoyed? seeing your childhood friend die over and over again brought him close to a nervous breakdown

Imagine he would have acted like nothing major happened that would actually make him a shallow character
Jul 5, 2011 3:42 PM

Apr 2011
Kurisu was so damn hot doing the Mad Scientist posu and her laugh, even though she lost momentum pretty fast. I do wonder what's so embarrassing about having her own fork and spoon.

The 'Groundhog Day' effect was pretty nuts, going over and over the same thing dozens of times and still seeing Mayushii die no matter what. I'm annoyed they showed us Mayuri turned into jelly but didn't give a word of explanation about that one. Any readers of the VN who clue us in, or is that a spoiler?

Yeah, 'Barrel' Titor is even more obvious to the Japanese, since Daru is another word for Barrel (or phonetically similar, one of the two). Things really have picked up in this series after the lackadasical approach of the first season. 11 episodes still to go, I wonder if the whole series will revolve around saving Mayuri from now on or if there's a greater Plot to be discovered with changing worldlines ...
Jul 5, 2011 3:45 PM

Jun 2010
Blind_Guardian said:
I wonder if the whole series will revolve around saving Mayuri from now on or if there's a greater Plot to be discovered with changing worldlines ...

Just to remind everyone, we still don't know the cause of Kurisu's death in episode 1. I think its almost obvious that this event will still have some kind of major effect in the plot soon.
Jul 5, 2011 3:52 PM

Sep 2009
You Oosran , such a sadist (-v-)

Not shocked with Suzuha being John Titor as she was really really ayashii, like all the time. Satellite being a time machine on the other hand was a shock as it was just lying there on the top of the building like an orphan. The government not making a huge fuss out of it shows that the organization (not going to say SERN because the FB shit is confusing here) behind it is highly powerful.

Okarin crying like that was just *gets teary*---- I just want to give him a hug and maybe even kiss him if required.
Kurisu is just too awesome of a character. Trying to cheer up Okarin like that was just so cute and nice of her. She does care a great deal about Okarin~♥
And the hand scene between them was indeed hot.

So glad that the gel Mayushii wasn't that scary to look at but still ;___ ;
So, I really can't enough of S;G. Do end up viewing the eps from time to time. Its been a while since that happened.
ValentilnJul 5, 2011 5:05 PM
Jul 5, 2011 3:54 PM

Jun 2011
Riga92 said:
Blind_Guardian said:
I wonder if the whole series will revolve around saving Mayuri from now on or if there's a greater Plot to be discovered with changing worldlines ...

Just to remind everyone, we still don't know the cause of Kurisu's death in episode 1. I think its almost obvious that this event will still have some kind of major effect in the plot soon.

Good point and reminder Riga. Can't wait to see what happens when they finally figure out the bigger picture of events happening.

I really love everything so far. The pacing is reeeally enjoyable.
Jul 5, 2011 3:56 PM

Aug 2008
omg this show's getting better and better
epic 11/10 for this ep!!

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Jul 5, 2011 4:16 PM

May 2008
The woven similar timelines explain a lot about why d-mail seems to change things drastically while time leap cannot seem to escape the same major line.... and the major splits in the previous events mentioned (gulf war, y2k, etc) are actually the only major divisions recently. This does imply that okabe is actually in the same major line since the beginning of the show.... so he's only ruffling tiny leaves on the end of a massive tree of world lines, and the major divergences are like the boughs of it.

Was kind of expected that Suzuha was Titor, but it still made me smile when she admitted it. The major events that she mentioned btw are all things the actual John Titor is cited as being wrong about (for example he said Y2K would greatly destroy the infrastructure of the world, splitting the USA into various regions and causing global pandemonium).... as well as the predictions about the Gulf War. So it's all neatly rationalized as a correction in the current world lines.... lol.

I am a banana.
Jul 5, 2011 4:18 PM

Jan 2011
Suzuha is John Titor eh....
makes..some sense I guess... xD;; it explains mostly why she seems to have this dislike towards Kurisu lol

anywho, Mayushii keeps dying on us endlessly... ; n ; so sad.. why!??!?!?!
well, atleast they'll save her, I think...
Jul 5, 2011 4:28 PM
Jun 2009
Love how this started she just kept dieing over and over lol
Jul 5, 2011 4:29 PM

Aug 2010
I got to say, the reason why I watched Steins;Gate is because I can never predict what's going to happen. This episode is the proof of it. I always thought that there was something going on with Suzuha, but I thought she was just telling the truth about the fact she is a Soldier. The fact that she is from the future explains a lot of her actions, but who would have thought that she is the infamous time traveler John Titor.

Once again, Steins;Gate succeeded to entertain me. (It would be even more awesome if the real John Titor is an alternative Suzuha)
Jul 5, 2011 4:31 PM
Dec 2007
Hell, Suzuha just mindfucked me. I expected someone less obvious to be John Titor honestly. It was a totally fantastic episode plot-wise and Kurisu shined really bright, just as she should.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 5, 2011 4:48 PM

Aug 2010
LadyOrihime said:
It feels like I've only seen 10 minutes of the episode, when really I've seen 22 minutes of it. I hate that!

The hand scene between Okarin and Kurisu was hot; It was like hands making out XD

Hah yeah, before I realized it, it was over! Too intense. Man this is AMAZING!
Jul 5, 2011 5:02 PM

Jan 2011
I knew it, if Okarin just calms the fuck down, and actually tells someone what the hell was going on, he would see much better results. Everything is looking a LOT better than it was when he was failing over and over it again. There is actually a chance now.
Jul 5, 2011 5:05 PM

Sep 2010
You know, I'm actually not all that surprised.
It's Mayuri's watch! Don't let it stop! If her watch actually is the cause, then that would be kind of lame.
Jul 5, 2011 5:08 PM
Jun 2011
I was speculating Suzuha being John Titor from the very first 4 episodes. At the first episode she is seeing waving to Okabe at the roof next to the satellite. She knows nothing about fireworks and stuff that other people would normally know. Then there was also the hate for Kurisu. Suzuha also telling Okabe to contact John Titor. From previous experience with Fate/Stay Night I was sure that Suzuha was John Titor.

After the day she disappears and Okarin sends himself a dmail to stop her from leaving it could not be more obvious than that. The place where the satellite was was even shown empty. The instant she says her father was a Titor, it was obvious she was a Titor as well.

I knew she was a time traveler. The only time traveler known in the series was John Titor. All the pieces were there. Victorique! I reconstructed the pieces of chaos!

As for Kurisu. Best character ever. "I hate the future me" was so funny. Totally enjoyed this episode. Was surprised to learn that the counter she had was made by Kyouma. That means he must be an awesome resistance time travel fighter.

As for Suzuha's father. I think the father is either Daru or Kyouma himself. Clues being that Daru was also heading for that same conference Suzuha was going.
Jul 5, 2011 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
ugh the beginning got on my nerves. not because mayuri kept on dying but because our so called mad scientist was just being hysterical. it annoyed me to death. so really this episode 'started' when he began talking to christina.
Jul 5, 2011 5:32 PM

Oct 2010
Riga92 said:
Blind_Guardian said:

I'm not able to speculate on why Kurisu originally died, but I'm fairly convinced that her being alive is the base cause of Mayuri's death.
Jul 5, 2011 5:36 PM

Oct 2010
I knew it i knew it i knew it

I could smell Suzuha's post nuclear war stench from episode 1

I always suspected she was or had strong ties to John Titior

Kurisu was hot

9000/5
Jul 5, 2011 5:52 PM

Nov 2007
finally he got help. did like Hoouin Kyouma trying to fight Moeka, should have killed the bitch there. should have went to the part time warrior and Makise to begin with. Moeka gave him some tips though with the 3 reasons...

wait Suzuha aka part time warrior is also ... AKA JOHN TITOR? WHOAAA

she could have been much help earlier! awesome... where does Hoouin Kyouma go now?!

man I really thought he was losing it after failing repeatedly to save Mayuri that must have been crushing him. her own personal fork? HAH.
Jul 5, 2011 6:00 PM

Jan 2010
MaiKaosuSekai said:
Anyone else think of
?
That was the first thing that popped into my head when he kept failing to save Mayuri ;o

Agreed. Once again, this episode totally grabbed a shotgun and blew my mind away with its sheer awesomeness

I just hope the traveling back through time doesn't become stale like Endless 8
Jul 5, 2011 6:22 PM

Aug 2010
Kurisu is so cute XP an amazing episode once again. i might just cry when its over not b/c it might be sad but because its too damn good.

my only wish was Okabe didnt use kurisu real name after the jump. she looked so cute when he used it the first time when see blushed,
Jul 5, 2011 6:31 PM

Aug 2008
That was an amazing episode as usual. I loved how Cristina tried to copy Hououin's laugh. I kind of expected Suzuha to be from the future or at least something along those lines since she was rather suspicious, but I did not expect her to be John Titor.

Also, does anyone understand the spoon and fork thing? I assume it is a meme from 2chan, but a further explanation would be nice if anyone can give one.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Jul 5, 2011 6:49 PM

May 2008
Hmm, kinda didn't surprise me when Suzuha turned out to be John Titor, since after she started talking of the 1% divergence I somehow got the feeling she would be him, with her father being Barrel Titor and all :D

Quite an actionless episode this time, but at least it gave some valuable information :D At least it is confirmed that there is a way to save Mayuri, but reaching it seems to be a completely different matter O_o
Jul 5, 2011 6:51 PM
May 2011
so okabe was in the world line beta before the first d-mail, now he needs to get back there, can't wait to the next ep
Jul 5, 2011 7:14 PM

Nov 2009
Daidragon1990 said:
MaiKaosuSekai said:
Anyone else think of
?
That was the first thing that popped into my head when he kept failing to save Mayuri ;o

Agreed. Once again, this episode totally grabbed a shotgun and blew my mind away with its sheer awesomeness

I just hope the traveling back through time doesn't become stale like Endless 8

It already has destroyed the horror of what is the endless 8. With that said I hope they do avoid the overuse of the same scenes.
Jul 5, 2011 7:32 PM

Jun 2008
It just keeps getting better and better......(I think I've said that after every episode)

Anyways.....WOW.....I didn't expect her to be John Titor, and hopefully they have a plan to save Mayuri.

TUTURU~
Jul 5, 2011 7:43 PM

Nov 2009
omfg .. Suzuha is John Titor? Things are heating up!
Jul 5, 2011 7:45 PM

May 2010
So the speculations were true that Suzuha came from the future but to be John Titor wasn't expected.

Suzuha using a male title didn't crossed my mind. >.<

And Kurisu blushing more. <3

She proved to be more useful than just making time leaps and D-Mail work.

So there's still hope for Mayuri to be alive. That was relieving..
Jul 5, 2011 7:53 PM

Apr 2011
That lady with the white bullet train has got to be important in some way later on ... probably as a clue to let the viewer know when something major's changed again.
Jul 5, 2011 8:03 PM

Sep 2008
I wonder why it took so long for him to get some help.
If one's libido is not enough, always get more sources of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2011 8:12 PM

Mar 2010
If Okarin does change world lines or w/e........Is it possible that Moeka isn't the one currently working for SERN or will she always be the one working for them? /confusedabit

Either way, its gonna be interesting to see what happens next episode.
Jul 5, 2011 8:32 PM

Nov 2008
So, this was an awesome episode. I got to see Mayuri die again like a bunch of times, which honestly became annoying. I get Okabe is worried about her, but for me it got annoying really fast. So, I was pretty happy that Mayuri disappeared for the rest of the episode and I got my Okabe and Kurisu scenes. Don't get me wrong..I like Mayuri, but my favorite is without a doubt Kurisu so I was missing her already.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 5, 2011 8:41 PM

Feb 2010
i suspected her to be titor :P

so... d-mails wont solve the problem it seems.
or do they?

some people said that okabe d-mail in first episode saved kurisu , but i still think that there's something more...

why there are so many "i didnt expect her to be titor" -.- it was highly possible...
Jul 5, 2011 8:43 PM

Apr 2010
brilliant episode! i wanna hop into suzuha's time machine and go 1 week into the future so i get my share of new steins gate episode... :p
Jul 5, 2011 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
Jul 5, 2011 9:05 PM
Nov 2010
"Right now what you want most is your own personal fork, but you already have your own spoon?"

What, im confused by that sentence what does it mean?

I wonder why Christina blushed like that after Okabe said it does she have some sort of cutlery fetish? is it a bad translation interpretation?
Jul 5, 2011 9:29 PM

Jul 2010
I really hope there's a way to prevent Mayuri's death.
And I never expected Suzuha to be John Titor. Things are really getting interesting!
Jul 5, 2011 9:40 PM

Jun 2011
I think my brain exploded from awesomesauceness of this anime. It's full of freakin' surprises!
Jul 5, 2011 9:42 PM

Jun 2009
But... the future refused to change. (At least for now...)
Jul 5, 2011 11:10 PM

May 2011
Wow, Steins;Gate just keeps getting better and better. At first it seems like a big mess of confusion where only little bits here and there make sense, then they start connecting together... falling into place... and now we're starting to get the big picture!

I really did not expect Suzuha to be John Titor, so that there was a huge surprise, but it all makes sense! Gahh, this anime is so hard to describe but I LOVE it. What started out as some weird guy rambling on about who knows what and his two friends who didn't really give a damn has turned into a masterpiece. At least in my opinion.

This is awesome, the plot just gets more interesting and even though it may seem nonsensical, all of a sudden everything snaps into place. I feel really bad for Okabe though. I mean what a nightmare watching your close friend die over and over, in a world where no one has a clue what you're talking about. A world where no matter how hard you desperately try to protect someone, everything seems to conspire against you so they die. Poor guy, I really hope they find a way to save her soon.

I really suck at describing what I mean, but either way I love it so far and can't wait for the next episode. I want to know more about Suzuha too! And even though she said something about Kurisu joining SERN, I really hope that doesn't happen. I mean really, after going through all that and knowing what they're up to why would SHE EVER want to join them!? Gahh, next week seems so far away...
Jul 5, 2011 11:19 PM

Feb 2010
After all those time jumps I still couldn't get over the fact I'm not in the "real world" that I should have been in. I don't get how he can live with that. Maybe I don't know what im saying either, though.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.