Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 12, 2011 2:00 PM
Jul 2010
Once again, great episode. I wonder what FB is and who is Moeka. She's really wired. It's nice that they can now control how far the messages go into the past but there's still no progress with actual objects. Okarin dream sure was interesting... I wonder what all that meant. To extend time past space and the eternity not being infinite are concepts I really can't grasp.

"The mail that leapt through time" = win xD
May 12, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:
Ugh Mayuri needs to gtfo.

щ(゚Д゚щ)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 12, 2011 4:22 PM

Sep 2010
this is one of those anime that I can't remember why I like it and watch it until I see an episode.
Seriously; innuendo, references, and a consistent plot.
The mail that leapt through time, Back to the mail, DeLorean mail, "put the banana in," yuri field, "I warned you five days ago."
May 12, 2011 4:33 PM

Sep 2009
shinki7 said:
Suzuha definately from the future.
and she time traveled back to the past to raise her points in Farmville (with her future experience).
May 12, 2011 5:42 PM
Sep 2009
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:
Ugh Mayuri needs to gtfo.

щ(゚Д゚щ)
May 12, 2011 5:54 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Regardless this anime made me paranoid about what if they are using the Hadron Collider to do time travel experiments. Already there are rumours that Russians are using it for Black Hole weapon experiments
The Russians? o_0 You do know that the whole thing is in Europe right?
Russia invested massive funds into all this Hadron Collider and Russian is in Europe.

Russians are only on observer status. they haven't massively invested at it at all. Where do you get this theories? And Russsia may be aloud to call it's self European or Asian depending on circumstances due to her huge size but the Hadron Collider isn't anywhere near them. The French and the Germans are the most involved in it.
The 12 original founding members of CERN are France, Germany, UK, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and Yugoslavia that doesn't exist anymore. Now they are about 20 or something since more European countries like Spain, Finland, Austria etc have joined the party.
MonadMay 13, 2011 2:53 AM
May 12, 2011 7:08 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Regardless this anime made me paranoid about what if they are using the Hadron Collider to do time travel experiments. Already there are rumours that Russians are using it for Black Hole weapon experiments
The Russians? o_0 You do know that the whole thing is in Europe right?
Russia invested massive funds into all this Hadron Collider and Russian is in Europe. Russians are only on observer status. they haven't massively invested at it at all. Where do you get this theories? And Russsia may be aloud to call it's self European or Asian depending on circumstances due to her huge size but the Hadron Collider isn't anywhere near them.
I know it is not near them but did you know they are building their own and since they are involved in the whole affair they can make a duplicate of it theri way. Yes indeed but the point to this anime is that a company like Stern is dangerous in this affair as IMO it's a private organization. It's like involving the FBI into the CIA affairs, it's dangerous because there can a in independent action from them.
Monad said:
The French and the Germans are the most involved in it.

Yes that I am aware but like Stern I think they are being controlled by bigger company funds like from the USA, such Stern IMO may be something along those lines investing massive funds to have total control.
Monad said:
The 12 original founding members of CERN are France, Germany, UK, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and Yugoslavia that doesn't exist anymore.
They were indeed but some other countries were in the shadows Russia is no fool of knowing USA super spying techs always improving and getting sophisticated. So is Stern but the only questions remains is how will they proceed to eliminate the problem that may occur through Okabe.
Monad said:
Now they are about 20 or something since more European countries like Spain, Finland, Austria etc have joined the party.
Exactly no more are going for it and some countries emerged from the shadows. Stern may also have allies in the shadow and thus why all this mess will be fun to see who is on Stern side and who is against them. So far time traveller may be for them or will be against them through a change of thoughts because I doubt Stern time travel agent would betray them less they know about their past.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 13, 2011 3:19 AM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

Now you are just giving me a headache. You made a theory about the real CERN and i answered only about that, so why are you now mixing in your answers the SERN(not Stern) in the anime with the CERN in reality and giving half theories about the one with thoughts about the other?
You can't have a coherent conversation like that. It will just be a mess of words.
When you talk like that you really make me wonder if you are born in 78 and not 98.

Anyway if you want a good conspiracy theory, the truth is that CERN are gonna bring other dimension creatures and Half-Life to reality..
The proof lol!
MonadMay 13, 2011 3:28 AM
May 13, 2011 3:45 AM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
I merely attempted at liking IRL to Sern and it got confusing my point was in a way to link multiple example that may interact with Sern's ideology from IRL cases.

May 13, 2011 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
Anyway if you want a good conspiracy theory, the truth is that CERN are gonna bring other dimension creatures and Half-Life to reality..
The proof lol!
Oh you. You win this thread, so 3 internets to you, good sir.
I never thought about it, but the evidence is all there. I hope they have a breakthrough soon, I want my own pet headcrab.
But instead of bringing half-life into reality, how about they get back in the game and make half-life 2 episode 3 possible first? D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 13, 2011 9:00 AM

Jan 2010
This anime is a lot of fun.
May 13, 2011 11:27 AM

Sep 2009
Did you put your bananas in microwave already?
May 14, 2011 1:32 PM

Jul 2007
FB = Federal Bureau? Moeka is always trying to hide away in the shadows, not talk but speak thru emails, and then avoid cameras. Maybe she worries if Okarin can talk to the FB(I) thru his secret cell-phone.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
May 14, 2011 1:44 PM

Feb 2011
This show is very entertaining, even if the pace is a little slow, the character interactions just make it a fun ride

Moeka reminds me of MeruMeru from SZS, but Im glad that she talks when she needs to, has potential to be a great addition to the lab crew

Gotta love Yuri Fields and the references haha

Dream sequence was also a neat little surprise

5/5 episode

May 15, 2011 8:44 AM
Mar 2011
tutturuuu !
s;g becomes more and more entertaining every week.
fun dialogues and references, and Yuri Field = ftw.
May 15, 2011 5:40 PM

Aug 2010
Yuri field.. thats epic. And now we have Lab member 005!

I thought FB stood for facebook lol ^_^
May 16, 2011 12:06 AM

Jun 2009
I've noticed, that in the beginning of the episode, on her cellphone all messages are entitled Re:Re:Re:Re: FB...

I wonder, who did she talked with...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
May 16, 2011 2:21 AM
Apr 2011
Interesting episode. I wonder if the reason Moeka does not speak, is because verbal communication cannot be taken back and can be used for or against her. As we saw Daru, Makise, and Mayushii speak outloud about the time machine, the cat was out of the bag and forced Okarin to include Moeka. Whether this will benefit or hurt Okarin has yet to be seen.

With all the data Makise is collecting, I'm beginning to wonder whether her information will get her into trouble. From what i gather she's weak if pressured or pushed a certain way (recalling Okarin's outburst making Makise cry ;-;) and with the knowledge she's obtaining from all this, she might be coerced or forced into giving up that information that could consequently affect the future. This may explain Suzuha's caution around her. (if she's from the future)

Just speculation. Makise could be rickrolling us all for all we know.

Yuri Field was probably the funniest thing in that ep.
May 17, 2011 1:22 AM

Nov 2008
Ani-Blast said:
FB = Federal Bureau? Moeka is always trying to hide away in the shadows, not talk but speak thru emails, and then avoid cameras. Maybe she worries if Okarin can talk to the FB(I) thru his secret cell-phone.

i'm surprised no one else guessed this already, this is what i thought the entire time too. moeka is definitely someone to watch out for. she reminds me of yua from chaos;head- that bitch is going to go insane on okarin any moment.

i think moeka talks through cellphones because she is worried about places being "bugged" and recording what she says- her voice is very quiet when she does speak. i think she mails okarin so much not because she is obsessive, but because she has information to talk to him about, it's just too bad okarin isn't coming to that conclusion.

this is easily one of my most favorite anime so far... let's hope they don't fuck it up past episode seven the way they did with chaos;head.

as for c;h and s;g parallels, they both deal with manipulation of time and space matter. in c;h time/space was manipulated to use di;swords, and the time in people's minds were altered through hallucinations in order to control the world. i think it's possible cern and the corporation in c;h could be related. aside from that, phantasm sings the ending song, and as you all know she was ayase (fes). i wonder if fes will make an appearance in steins;gate?

i really love the more intellectual series like these... they bother to actually go through explaining things that could plausibly happen some how... i wonder how many kids are experimenting with their microwaves now, and how many auctions on yahoo.jp are going on for ibm5100 ;p
May 17, 2011 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
Could it be FB? Yes, it's definitely Facebook. =P

Interesting episode. I wonder what that new lab member has to do with everything.

May 17, 2011 6:56 PM

Nov 2009
Woot woot, i am starting to really enjoy the lab member interactions now. Took a while to get used to.

The naming was pretty funny, but the atmosphere just made all the serious moments so much better.
May 18, 2011 3:23 AM

Apr 2008
LoooooL as a fan of the movies laughed pretty hard @ the Delorean mail and they actually went with short name of that in the end xD
FB = Face Book indeed :p?
May 18, 2011 8:52 PM

Oct 2010
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
LoooooL as a fan of the movies laughed pretty hard @ the Delorean mail
That made me so much think of "Back to the Future"

May 26, 2011 8:29 AM

Sep 2010
Toki wo Kakeru Mail (Shoujo)
Back to the Mail (Future)
DeLorean Mail

They have pretty good sense of humor in this show. Though Daru may have some less perverted jokes, they're getting a bit old.
I actually thought at first D-Mail had nothing to do with DeLorean, but was named after D-Day.
May 27, 2011 7:21 PM

Aug 2009
Yuri Field <3 new term to use.
May 28, 2011 6:51 AM

Sep 2008
I get the feeling that time is moving extremely slowly for Moeka so she finds it difficult to speak. Would also explain why she sends so many texts as she feels impatient or that enough time has passed to send another one. Just my theory though.

Really awesome episode as usual.

5/5
May 31, 2011 10:32 AM

Dec 2010
Daru: -“Put the banana in”!
Daru: -Can you repeat the part about the hole?
Back to the email. Great reference (y)
The way Okarin didn't get the insult at start, was great too :D
But this one just killed me:
-Stop making a Lesbomagnetic field and prepare the D-mail xD

Kiryu is the strangest character to now =\

Yeah, the part-time warrior is from the future. I just hope that nothing too bad will happen to her, because she is still one of my favorite characters ^^

I really wonder if Okarin is any kind of scientist at all =\ Kurisu may be prodigy, but actually she did all the scientific matter to now
Jun 1, 2011 12:18 AM

Apr 2010
tu-tu-ruu!! another nice eps!! welcome the new member of the crazy group of okarin XD
Jun 11, 2011 4:27 AM

Dec 2009
"The mail that leapt through time", that made my day ..
Jun 26, 2011 9:56 PM

Aug 2010
alwaysbored said:
"The mail that leapt through time", that made my day ..

Same here lol

That Moeko smells so fishy there is definitively something going on with her...she gives me the creeps O_O

Now then...activate the YURI FIELD!! XDD
Jul 7, 2011 3:39 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty good episode and "Yuri Field" would be something I want actually! O.O
Jul 10, 2011 2:17 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm, even more questions. What is FB? I feel like I saw it in an earlier episode but can't remember more. And who is Moeka? She obviously knows more than she's letting on.

Methinks it was SERN who killed Makise. If they can create a time machine (and not by accident) then they surely know what the others are up to by now and probably did since the very first text. Also, we really need to address how Okabe physically travelled through time when he sent it. Did he accidentally connect to a SERN experiment involving the satellite? (Hence it crashing?) Is he the first subject who successfully travelled through time? If so, maybe it has something to do with his DNA -- this could back up the "Suzuha is his daughter" theory since she's from the future. (Although I'm still inclined to think that Titor is her father.)

Less Mayuri pls.
Aug 4, 2011 11:29 AM

Feb 2011
another new lab member
that lab grew rapidly in a week
Aug 20, 2011 12:53 PM

Mar 2011
I need a yuri-field generator.

And sending mails 5 days in the past is no good, if it uses a dimension shift, so you'r only aware of then at the point in time the mail was sent.

Or am I missing something here?
Sep 20, 2011 11:50 PM
Mar 2009
Lol at the references during the naming part.

A yuri field?!? Lol, that guy is really horny/perverted.

Moeka is obviously talking about Facebook.
Oct 25, 2011 6:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I want a Yuri Field too...

Love all the references to Back to the Future, Girl that Leapt thorugh Time and even Ah My Goddess...
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 4, 2011 4:51 PM

Aug 2009
Onyxthegreat said:
Could it be FB? Yes, it's definitely Facebook. =P

Haha first thing which struck us all I bet.

What an annoying woman. Text messages when you're standing 5 feet apart.

Also, why are the new members all females? I want some more new male blood.
Nov 9, 2011 12:05 AM

Feb 2009
So many references its crazy. Not only otaku references but cultural, pop-cultural and many others! Great stuff.

And yeah the dialogue was especially good in this episode, funny and witty!
Nov 11, 2011 4:10 AM

Nov 2011
'Yuri Field' made me LOL.
Nov 26, 2011 9:31 AM

Jun 2011
A reference for Toki wa Kakeru Shoujo =) An otaku inside in this series really make this show interesting.

I_C_U said:

Me too~

Okarin said:
Stop trying to show what a klutz you are

This one really make my day~

And suddenly they have Lab Member 005...can't wait to see what happen next.
Dec 5, 2011 7:35 PM
Apr 2011
Great episode.

I have to say that this anime has the potential to become boring since the concept of time travel and all the explanations behind it could slow the plot down. However, this hasn't been an issue so far. I feel like the pacing is great, and also the characters always keep things fresh, especially Mayuri (possibly one of the cutest anime characters ever!).

So far, I'm really enjoying this show. The first ep was a bit confusing but now things are starting to pick up. I can't wait to find out more about Lab Member #5 (Moeka)!

Oh, one more thing: the "perverted" jokes are really funny, but I just hope they don't get overused.
Dec 6, 2011 10:13 AM

Jul 2010
Facebook? xD JP.
Amazing episode as always. It's interesting to see Hououin reflect on the ethical and moral concerns about the time travel SERN is doing.

5/5
Dec 10, 2011 11:55 AM
Jan 2010
I_C_U said:

It didn't make me LOL because it was not FUNNY.
Dec 30, 2011 11:12 AM

Sep 2010
fishergirl16 said:
Facebook? xD JP.

Lol, I thought the same thing.
I guess I am really liking this show.
Jan 2, 2012 2:17 PM

Dec 2010
Mogami-kun said:
"Okabe is an ... airhead" Kurisu-TINA ftw!

LMAO! *dead*
Couldn't of said it better myself! Just LOVE the relationship between those two :P
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
Jan 5, 2012 11:09 PM

Aug 2010
the fuck is FB?

also that Moeka girl is creepy

keep that bitch away from me
Jan 6, 2012 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
Nice "Girl who lept through time" reference :P
Feb 24, 2012 9:59 PM

Jul 2010
maybe our cell phone girl will open up a bit while hanging out with our crew? i hope all of them can wear lab coats, that would be sweet.

Mar 19, 2012 9:18 PM

Feb 2011
"It's shining finger" Hahahah damn Okarin makes me laugh, love that character and the story is coming nicely too.

It's been a while since I've seen such an interesting show (I'm not good at physics, but I'm a closet scientist nonetheless), it really makes you think.
Apr 4, 2012 10:08 AM

Dec 2009
Tutturuu~~
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.