Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 11, 2011 10:26 AM

May 2010
nice mix of perverted and S-F plot xD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
May 11, 2011 10:57 AM
Dec 2008
domo022 said:
kaena said:
FB = facebook
yuri field LMAO
the owner getting dust in his ramen was funny as shit
best anime of the season
and if it keeps up, best anime of the year

that's the real meaning?

no i was just making a joke

and there isnt any connection to chaos;head whatsoever, besides that steins;gate takes place a year and half after chaos;head.

and the bgm when okabe was in space is called
Gate of Steiner the piano version
you can find it on youtube
May 11, 2011 11:13 AM

Jun 2009
belatkuro said:
heidurzo said:
We are now 6 episodes in and I can't find any relation to chaos;head whatsoever. Has anybody else seen any sort of link between the two.
There isn't one?
Or so I heard. Haven't watched or played C;H but people say there's little to no relation. So yeah.

They're just set in the same universe. At most, you'd can maybe see some C;H character making cameo appearance.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 11, 2011 11:15 AM
Nov 2010
Great as usual, it sure is hard to communicate with 005...:P

Of course, the naming of D-Mail was funny and some other things, too...:)

Go, go, go, waiting for the next one!
May 11, 2011 11:39 AM

Jun 2010
Can you repeat that part about the hole? :3 lol
May 11, 2011 12:35 PM

Dec 2010
And the harem gathers. Mayuri <3. I can't get enough of her. MOAR of her please.
May 11, 2011 12:46 PM

Aug 2010
His nightmares are pretty scary.

May 11, 2011 1:22 PM

Apr 2009
FB... hmmm. future b-something?
May 11, 2011 1:41 PM

Jun 2010
AlexTrusk said:
Hmm... Five days since the satellite crashed... They are sending D-Mails five days backwards... Then why does Okarin didn't received this letters in the day of conference?

I was just wondering the same. But Okarin was "in the future" when the satelite crashed... not that that should matter.

Can FB stand for frozen banana? :P
May 11, 2011 2:22 PM

Apr 2009
Daru is too awesome. Glad to be seeing more Moeka.
May 11, 2011 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
Obviously FB stands for Facebook, you silly lamas.
May 11, 2011 2:26 PM

Jan 2009
STM said:
You silly alpacas, if I may.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 11, 2011 2:28 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
STM said:
You silly alpacas, if I may.

OU
May 11, 2011 5:03 PM

Nov 2009
the mail that leapt through time hahahaa .

yuri field was hilarious

shining finger is the best code name in this show. and i really dont like suzuha. so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2011 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
I'm loving this anime <3

YURI FIELD LOL

But... It's just me or... Daru's 'Guten Morgen' looks like...from Sound Horizon. It can't be coincidence!
May 11, 2011 7:10 PM

Feb 2008

ha!hahaaha okarin u pilot gundams don't u!!??
May 11, 2011 7:38 PM
Sep 2009
Oosran said:

But damn it, all this Dr. Pepper drinking in S;G makes me feel like drinking some. But they don't sell it anywhere near here D:

That's just a crime--somewhere in the world where Dr. Pepper isn't found~ =n=

~~

Nonetheless, it took me a few episodes, but I'm really glad that I began watching this show in the first place.

Even if the time travel techno-babble may be nonsense (depending on how one looks at it), the interactions and situations are truly what makes this show shine for me. The characters are all so unique and different from one another, yet their personalities bounce off one another like Flubber-covered rubber. I honestly can't get enough of it, at this point~

Not to mention, the references are golden~ ♥

Tu-tu-ruu~! ♫
BL2WMay 11, 2011 7:43 PM
May 11, 2011 8:11 PM

Jan 2010
Number one best anime season so far....
Okarin is a genius :P
Nostralia drive ! Priceless :X
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2011 8:44 PM

Oct 2010
"Don't put anything weird in my heart" = win ^^

good episode, we get to see more of Shining Finger. A bit shady if you ask me.
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
May 11, 2011 9:19 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episode, tu turu xD

Lol at the discussion for the name of the "e-mails to the past", references to Back to the Future.

New lab member, too.

5/5
May 12, 2011 1:37 AM

Aug 2010
Favorite show of the season hands down.

"Put the banana in" "The black hole is too tight" never thought physics can be this naughty. Not to mention: YURI FIERDO! "Nothing happened in the past" pretty much confirmed Suzuha is from the future, I'm really curious to learn her agenda. Could Moeka be also a time traveler? Wonder what FB means, I guess it's not Facebook. "Okabe is an ... airhead" Kurisu-TINA ftw! During Okabe's dream, if I heard correctly the voice was Kurisu's, I wonder what that means.

Great references during the naming scene, laughed a lot. 6/5 for this episode I absolutely loved it!
May 12, 2011 2:51 AM

May 2009
LOL ...I laughed when the tokikake joke scene appear xD

"The Mail That Leapt Through Time." --> WIN

I feel something strange with moeka attitude...

"Miracles isn't something that just happen. You have to make it happen"

May 12, 2011 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
Finally after all these episodes, I can finally be discussing this with everyone. This certainly is the best in time travel that I have seen. The suspense is a killer and great. While everyone says Makise, well I say Feiris and Mayuri but not as maid. Feiris win in that one. I am so far completely addicted to Mayuri's tuturuuuuuuuu! I love it! I say at the same time as her. That's how great it is. Still freaks me out how ape Suzuha went on Makise. WTF is up with that? VN players get your asses over to my profile or PM to spoil me and I want to know WTF is FB? What is that seriously? Which brings to how Moeka scared the living crap out of me in the following,

with the OST and the situation, it made shat myself out. Wow, what a atmosphere at that part.

The other thing is the whole Yuri vibes between Makise x Mayuri of the following,

so says my buddy Itaru here. To me, Mayuri is not capable of doing yuri but her name sure contains that part on the funny part.

On the other hand the Mayuri looks is great but here marks a Back To The Future reference. “Back To Mail”

About Okabe Rintarou, he marks himself as a “True Mad Scientist” here as the experiment reminisces me of a little how mad scientist can get during a experiment. However I noticed that he is having fears from seeing the picture of the end of humans that had time travel tested on them based on the following spoiler
clearly he see something that looks like jelly and gets rather nasty flashbacks. Which brings me to WTF in the following spoiler
what was the point exactly of the black hole else than a simulated Time Travel through the Kerr Black Hole. You know that is even funnier is that IRL the Hadron Collider can produce the substance of the Black Hole. Regardless this anime made me paranoid about what if they are using the Hadron Collider to do time travel experiments. Already there are rumors that Russians are using it for Black Hole weapon experiments. Anyways Okabe was cool to announce the invention of the century.

About Mr. Brown, well he sure did not like the vibrations considering in the spoiler
that he got crap from his ceiling on his food.

Other than that, where do you get the previews on this series. The ED having Makise top naked is not something I need TBH. The OP is amazing! It is awesome and I sing it! Hacking to the Gate fuck yeah! Always yeah! OP is terrific and I can say it millions of times. My theory is that they just proved it from episodes 5 and this one that the human spirit can time travel easier than the being with body and spirit. Matter does not matter therefore there is a easy slip into that small black hole. Problem is if your spirit is stuck there then you will be like Sayaka in Madoka, lifeless till you rot or your spirit comes back somehow. Anyways I read some people having these meditation OFB (Out Of Body) experiences. Kick ass series. In my top 5 easily. Oh and I still say it's a bad move to make #005 as Moeka. She looks like someone who comes from Sterns or a saboteur.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 12, 2011 9:33 AM

Sep 2009
FB = Face Book? LOL
Suzuha definately from the future...or she might be Titor.
May 12, 2011 10:31 AM

Jun 2008
Awesome dialogs and phrases. As other already mention everything like Yuri field" and staff so no need for me to mention a big list of the awesome phrases.

Yumekichi11 said:
Regardless this anime made me paranoid about what if they are using the Hadron Collider to do time travel experiments. Already there are rumors that Russians are using it for Black Hole weapon experiments

The Russians? o_0 You do know that the whole thing is in Europe right?

AlexTrusk said:
Hmm... Five days since the satellite crashed... They are sending D-Mails five days backwards... Then why does Okarin didn't received this letters in the day of conference?

At that time Okarin was in a different time-line or dimension wasn't he? But still if they make more experiments and don't receive the mails before hand it will be strange.
May 12, 2011 11:31 AM

Jun 2009
Monad said:
At that time Okarin was in a different time-line or dimension wasn't he? But still if they make more experiments and don't receive the mails before hand it will be strange.

Well... He was there between 12:00 and 13:00, if I'm not mistaken. Considering, that Kurisu experimented whole day with different intervals, I'm quite surprised that no message fall later that day...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
May 12, 2011 11:40 AM

Dec 2010
lol Okarin comes out with sick ass terms/names man damn.

Nostalgia Drive? Yuri Field? hahhahaha

That dream was really weird..there's some sort of revelation in it I think...

When Okarin asks "When will it be one second later?" I'm guessing that means that the time machine turns people to jelly because it has not reached the end yet. To reach the end means to have time extend past the space or else it will seem like an eternity.

Really good episode so far.

May 12, 2011 12:10 PM
Aug 2010
This anime getting interesting in ever episode ...Tu tu ru ^_^
May 12, 2011 12:37 PM

Sep 2007
Ugh Mayuri needs to gtfo.
May 12, 2011 1:14 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Tuturuuuuuu not MOE for you? I think it's the best shit since Katanagatari's Cherio expression TBH.
DesolateOne said:
lol Okarin comes out with sick ass terms/names man damn.
Nostalgia Drive?
Nostalgia drive! Yeah! That one was really good I LOL hard!
DesolateOne said:
When Okarin asks "When will it be one second later?" I'm guessing that means that the time machine turns people to jelly because it has not reached the end yet. To reach the end means to have time extend past the space or else it will seem like an eternity.
IMO the reason why people turn into jelly is for one instable molecular structure, they should try making the human go in a capsule to be sent through the Kerr Black Hole although that human can still get crushed in the capsule. #2 is incorrect trajectory. I am thinking more and more thatn John Titor is the only one who made it as a human to time travel and he knows that Okabe will make a differences because he landed safely around in time and in the future there may be a device he could have stolen that makes time travel possible for anyone before it got invented. Something along those lines.

What is not clear to John is the butterfly effect it will create in the events that are not expected to happen. Those are teh consequences of time travel, that of changing events i nthe process.
Monad said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Regardless this anime made me paranoid about what if they are using the Hadron Collider to do time travel experiments. Already there are rumours that Russians are using it for Black Hole weapon experiments
Russia invested massive funds into all this Hadron Collider and Russian is in Europe.
Yumekichi11May 12, 2011 1:25 PM

May 12, 2011 2:00 PM
Jul 2010
Once again, great episode. I wonder what FB is and who is Moeka. She's really wired. It's nice that they can now control how far the messages go into the past but there's still no progress with actual objects. Okarin dream sure was interesting... I wonder what all that meant. To extend time past space and the eternity not being infinite are concepts I really can't grasp.

"The mail that leapt through time" = win xD
May 12, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:

щ(゚Д゚щ)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 12, 2011 4:22 PM

Sep 2010
this is one of those anime that I can't remember why I like it and watch it until I see an episode.
Seriously; innuendo, references, and a consistent plot.
The mail that leapt through time, Back to the mail, DeLorean mail, "put the banana in," yuri field, "I warned you five days ago."
May 12, 2011 4:33 PM

Sep 2009
shinki7 said:
Suzuha definately from the future.
and she time traveled back to the past to raise her points in Farmville (with her future experience).
May 12, 2011 5:42 PM
Sep 2009
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:

щ(゚Д゚щ)
May 12, 2011 5:54 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Regardless this anime made me paranoid about what if they are using the Hadron Collider to do time travel experiments. Already there are rumours that Russians are using it for Black Hole weapon experiments
Russia invested massive funds into all this Hadron Collider and Russian is in Europe.

Russians are only on observer status. they haven't massively invested at it at all. Where do you get this theories? And Russsia may be aloud to call it's self European or Asian depending on circumstances due to her huge size but the Hadron Collider isn't anywhere near them. The French and the Germans are the most involved in it.
The 12 original founding members of CERN are France, Germany, UK, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and Yugoslavia that doesn't exist anymore. Now they are about 20 or something since more European countries like Spain, Finland, Austria etc have joined the party.
MonadMay 13, 2011 2:53 AM
May 12, 2011 7:08 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Russia invested massive funds into all this Hadron Collider and Russian is in Europe. Russians are only on observer status. they haven't massively invested at it at all. Where do you get this theories? And Russsia may be aloud to call it's self European or Asian depending on circumstances due to her huge size but the Hadron Collider isn't anywhere near them.
I know it is not near them but did you know they are building their own and since they are involved in the whole affair they can make a duplicate of it theri way. Yes indeed but the point to this anime is that a company like Stern is dangerous in this affair as IMO it's a private organization. It's like involving the FBI into the CIA affairs, it's dangerous because there can a in independent action from them.
Monad said:
The French and the Germans are the most involved in it.

Yes that I am aware but like Stern I think they are being controlled by bigger company funds like from the USA, such Stern IMO may be something along those lines investing massive funds to have total control.
Monad said:
The 12 original founding members of CERN are France, Germany, UK, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and Yugoslavia that doesn't exist anymore.
They were indeed but some other countries were in the shadows Russia is no fool of knowing USA super spying techs always improving and getting sophisticated. So is Stern but the only questions remains is how will they proceed to eliminate the problem that may occur through Okabe.
Monad said:
Now they are about 20 or something since more European countries like Spain, Finland, Austria etc have joined the party.
Exactly no more are going for it and some countries emerged from the shadows. Stern may also have allies in the shadow and thus why all this mess will be fun to see who is on Stern side and who is against them. So far time traveller may be for them or will be against them through a change of thoughts because I doubt Stern time travel agent would betray them less they know about their past.

May 13, 2011 3:19 AM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

Now you are just giving me a headache. You made a theory about the real CERN and i answered only about that, so why are you now mixing in your answers the SERN(not Stern) in the anime with the CERN in reality and giving half theories about the one with thoughts about the other?
You can't have a coherent conversation like that. It will just be a mess of words.
When you talk like that you really make me wonder if you are born in 78 and not 98.

Anyway if you want a good conspiracy theory, the truth is that CERN are gonna bring other dimension creatures and Half-Life to reality..
The proof lol!
MonadMay 13, 2011 3:28 AM
May 13, 2011 3:45 AM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
I merely attempted at liking IRL to Sern and it got confusing my point was in a way to link multiple example that may interact with Sern's ideology from IRL cases.

May 13, 2011 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
Anyway if you want a good conspiracy theory, the truth is that CERN are gonna bring other dimension creatures and Half-Life to reality..
The proof lol!
Oh you. You win this thread, so 3 internets to you, good sir.
I never thought about it, but the evidence is all there. I hope they have a breakthrough soon, I want my own pet headcrab.
But instead of bringing half-life into reality, how about they get back in the game and make half-life 2 episode 3 possible first? D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 13, 2011 9:00 AM

Jan 2010
This anime is a lot of fun.
May 13, 2011 11:27 AM

Sep 2009
Did you put your bananas in microwave already?
May 14, 2011 1:32 PM

Jul 2007
FB = Federal Bureau? Moeka is always trying to hide away in the shadows, not talk but speak thru emails, and then avoid cameras. Maybe she worries if Okarin can talk to the FB(I) thru his secret cell-phone.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
May 14, 2011 1:44 PM

Feb 2011
This show is very entertaining, even if the pace is a little slow, the character interactions just make it a fun ride

Moeka reminds me of MeruMeru from SZS, but Im glad that she talks when she needs to, has potential to be a great addition to the lab crew

Gotta love Yuri Fields and the references haha

Dream sequence was also a neat little surprise

5/5 episode

May 15, 2011 8:44 AM
Mar 2011
tutturuuu !
s;g becomes more and more entertaining every week.
fun dialogues and references, and Yuri Field = ftw.
May 15, 2011 5:40 PM

Aug 2010
Yuri field.. thats epic. And now we have Lab member 005!

I thought FB stood for facebook lol ^_^
May 16, 2011 12:06 AM

Jun 2009
I've noticed, that in the beginning of the episode, on her cellphone all messages are entitled Re:Re:Re:Re: FB...

I wonder, who did she talked with...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
May 16, 2011 2:21 AM
Apr 2011
Interesting episode. I wonder if the reason Moeka does not speak, is because verbal communication cannot be taken back and can be used for or against her. As we saw Daru, Makise, and Mayushii speak outloud about the time machine, the cat was out of the bag and forced Okarin to include Moeka. Whether this will benefit or hurt Okarin has yet to be seen.

With all the data Makise is collecting, I'm beginning to wonder whether her information will get her into trouble. From what i gather she's weak if pressured or pushed a certain way (recalling Okarin's outburst making Makise cry ;-;) and with the knowledge she's obtaining from all this, she might be coerced or forced into giving up that information that could consequently affect the future. This may explain Suzuha's caution around her. (if she's from the future)

Just speculation. Makise could be rickrolling us all for all we know.

Yuri Field was probably the funniest thing in that ep.
May 17, 2011 1:22 AM

Nov 2008
Ani-Blast said:
FB = Federal Bureau? Moeka is always trying to hide away in the shadows, not talk but speak thru emails, and then avoid cameras. Maybe she worries if Okarin can talk to the FB(I) thru his secret cell-phone.

i'm surprised no one else guessed this already, this is what i thought the entire time too. moeka is definitely someone to watch out for. she reminds me of yua from chaos;head- that bitch is going to go insane on okarin any moment.

i think moeka talks through cellphones because she is worried about places being "bugged" and recording what she says- her voice is very quiet when she does speak. i think she mails okarin so much not because she is obsessive, but because she has information to talk to him about, it's just too bad okarin isn't coming to that conclusion.

this is easily one of my most favorite anime so far... let's hope they don't fuck it up past episode seven the way they did with chaos;head.

as for c;h and s;g parallels, they both deal with manipulation of time and space matter. in c;h time/space was manipulated to use di;swords, and the time in people's minds were altered through hallucinations in order to control the world. i think it's possible cern and the corporation in c;h could be related. aside from that, phantasm sings the ending song, and as you all know she was ayase (fes). i wonder if fes will make an appearance in steins;gate?

i really love the more intellectual series like these... they bother to actually go through explaining things that could plausibly happen some how... i wonder how many kids are experimenting with their microwaves now, and how many auctions on yahoo.jp are going on for ibm5100 ;p
May 17, 2011 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
Could it be FB? Yes, it's definitely Facebook. =P

Interesting episode. I wonder what that new lab member has to do with everything.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.