Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 4, 2011 7:14 PM
Oct 2007
I'm starting to enjoy this series more. Hopefully at least another 2 more major arc will happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2011 10:03 PM

Jun 2009
So there's the reason to Grevil's ridiculous hair.

I want to feel a little bad on Grevil's unrequited love but since he turns out to be an egoistical douche later on even though an immature Victorique is at fault, not really.
Apr 4, 2011 11:09 PM

May 2010
Was an okay episode. The doll part was funny, but I'm sick of the overused "bump and switch bags" scene, it's just too stupid.
Apr 4, 2011 11:50 PM

Aug 2010
Wow this is a two-cour? I COMPLETELY forgot. I was expecting the ending soon... xP
Apr 5, 2011 1:46 PM

Mar 2010
perpare to see cosplays with that hair do soon
Geso
-----:D
Apr 5, 2011 6:58 PM

May 2008
EvianBubble said:
I think he looks better with his current hairstyle actually lol XD

Yaaay, I'm not the only one who thinks so. : D
Apr 6, 2011 9:52 AM

Jan 2008
Every time I start to think "Hey, maybe Grevil's actually a cool dude", he turns into Douche Mc.Jerkass around Victorica and makes me want to punch him in the face.
Apr 6, 2011 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
Awww Victorique don't cry.

She really does look like a doll. A grumpy but adorable doll. :3
Apr 7, 2011 8:31 AM

Oct 2009
Victoria trying to act like a doll xD
Apr 8, 2011 8:06 PM

Dec 2009
OH HOT DAYUM, LOOK AT HIS HAIR!
His beautiful :3 And I now have a new found respect for him and his drill :'D
Apr 9, 2011 5:52 AM
Dec 2007
GennyMon said:
OH HOT DAYUM, LOOK AT HIS HAIR!
His beautiful :3 And I now have a new found respect for him and his drill :'D
I didn't. He's an egocentrical douche who can't seem to stop for one second to realize Victorique didn't know love BECAUSE SHE WAS NEVER LOVED. How did he expect her to show emotions and empathy when no one cared for her and just left her trapped in a cold room. Even after she shows him that her mother is innocent he's still treating her like a cold monster.

Apr 9, 2011 5:40 PM

Feb 2011
I like that I got to see another side to Grevil. Victorique as a doll was great!
Apr 9, 2011 6:22 PM

Aug 2008
I don't think but a few ppl can understand Grevil's pain. It can be pretty
depresssing. What was worse was the barb he threw back at Victorique. He may
not be as smart as her, but he believes she lacks a human heart. I thought
their meeting might have moved them closer together. All it did was clarify the
divide.

Devoid of a clever mystery (it was too easy to figure out what had been done),
it was still an excellent episode.

Apr 10, 2011 8:17 PM

Apr 2009
Grevil... meh. His relationship w/ Victorique is so... convoluted. Really unclear.
Apr 12, 2011 5:47 AM

Apr 2010
i feel bad for grevil..now i sympathize with him..

and his old hair looks so cool..
Apr 14, 2011 5:45 PM

Feb 2009
One fuck up family you have there Victorique!
Apr 15, 2011 1:24 AM

Jan 2011
dum du..dum!
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Apr 17, 2011 5:54 AM

Oct 2008
Why was Grevil so evil to her? :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 26, 2011 1:39 AM

May 2009
Curse you Kujo... now you made me cry.
Apr 30, 2011 3:16 PM

Oct 2009
Wow...Grevil is quite handsome w/out the drill hair :O! So many fangirls would go crazy for him but alas the curse of the drill hair u.u
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2011 8:38 PM
Dec 2009
Grevil seems to be a better person in this episode, and I also think he looks better with this current hair of his. ^^;

Is there a relation between Q-chan and how Grevil always call Kujol?
May 15, 2011 5:43 PM

Mar 2010
Hm things made a tad more sense when i replayed some things but its good to see some gosick

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 3, 2011 1:16 PM

Nov 2007
pretty boring ep imo...
Jun 3, 2011 7:50 PM

Oct 2010
Jacqueline De Signore was amazingly beautiful when she was young in the following,

too bad she married the chief inspector instead of Greviel. I laughed so bad when Victorique being a doll woke up and scared the living crap out of her! ROFL! It was interesting to know that the library used to be where the kind committed adultery.

Greviel was quite handsome when he was young in the following,

this is my favorite part of him with Jacqueline. Unfortunately he was so stupid to not solved the case that the price to pay was the hair style he had to use for Victorique to solve for him. He was quite scary here and there for having lighting in his face during a rather nasty time of Victorique being in prison.

• I love the flashbacks in the spoiler
    they showed nicely a different style and expressed the sadness behind the arrest.

• OMG and WTF! Greviel you SOB! How dare you do that to Victorique in the spoiler
    not only you pissed her off but you make her cry? You bastard! She is not the person who she was! Kujo showed her emotions! Besides that you did fuck all to help her from your father shit head! Yes me mad at Greviel for this!

• Although the doctor being killed scene was gruesome, I knew it was Paula in the spoiler
    quite simple case really when you think the culprit can self write in her hand but way to go in insulting the dead girl!
Lovely episode! Jacqueline was fun for sure.

BTW I love the assistant of Jacqueline, Marrion in the spoiler
she looks nicely done and her hairstyle is nice too.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 20, 2011 4:08 AM
Sep 2010
cleo said:
guyklc said:

Grevil's story was pretty sad. I don't really know who I should feel more sorry for, though: Grevil or Victorique. Grevil couldn't save the one he loved, and he selflessly allowed Jacqueline to marry someone else. But Victorique, for never knowing what love is being locked up. She helped Grevil with his case, and how Grevil thanked her after all these years was by condemning her by not understanding love.

Yes, exactly. Everytime I start to like Grevil a little better, he does something cruel to Victorique to undo that opinion.
Calling her a grey wolf, saying she doesn't have a heart and doesn't understand what love is, is so cruel. He's well aware she's been locked up and isolated for ca. 7 years of her life, seperated from her mother.
He does seem to care for her, but he probably had the 'Victorique is the shame of our family' hammered into him to such a degree, that he cant help himself hurting her.

I feel no pity for Grevil at all. He's a chump IMHO for "selflessly allowing Jackie to marry someone else" without confessing his own feelings so that Jackie could have all of the facts before making her decision. Jackie's affection for Grevil makes me think that she might have appreciated knowing of his care for her.

MoonFox said:
I can't stand Grevil.. this episode made me hate him even more. Calling Victorique a heartless gray wolf cause she didn't know what love was? For heavens sakes, his bastard of a family has had her locked up away from everyone and everything. Sure Grevils past is "sad", but not really that much so. He uses Victorique just to further the honor of his family, as he even said. I don't really like the stereotypical goth loli, but that was pretty messed up.

Thank you! I really thought that I was the only person that disliked Grevil even more after this episode. Not because he is arrogant b/c so is Vickie for that matter but because, unlike her, he has little justification for his conceit. His feelings for Jackie earned him some brownie points with others but his use of Vickie to make himself look good and his justification for it, his treatment of her as something less than human disgusts me.

DameRelent said:
EvianBubble said:
I think he looks better with his current hairstyle actually lol XD

Yaaay, I'm not the only one who thinks so. : D

I also thought I was the only person who thinks that he looks better with his "drill" pompadour than with his hair down though. There are better pictures but I didn't feel like making a snapshot myself. Still, I think that this shows that the pompadour frames his face better, showing his features nicely, giving him "character". When they draw him with his hair down, even though I love long hair, here they do it poorly, hiding his jawline & forehead making his face look fat and plain.
Aug 19, 2011 11:03 AM

Oct 2009
Grevil is a ass if you ask me >_>
Vic asked him to do that to his hair cause she hated him and his family for keeping her locked up, how the hell would she know of love ._.
Eh..i liked Grevil before now i kinda don't like him much for making Vic cry :|
Sep 7, 2011 3:47 PM

Jul 2010
Clous said:
Good ep. Felt like filler but good filler? IT EXISTS.

a rarity these days, you gotta appreciate it, lol

so vic is actually socially awkward huh? its weird actually seeing it, lol

Sep 7, 2011 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
supermegasonic said:
Clous said:
Good ep. Felt like filler but good filler? IT EXISTS.

a rarity these days, you gotta appreciate it, lol

so vic is actually socially awkward huh? its weird actually seeing it, lol
o dont know filler ha sbeen getting more entertaining recently

also this wasnt filler, it is very relevant in the finale, actually this show only has 1 filler ep and thats the summer vacation ep and even then it was there to build vic and kujo's relationship

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 4, 2011 7:38 PM

Jun 2011
The truth behind the first case that Vic solved is finally revealed, and also the compensation that Grevl has to pay in order to save his friend/love interest.

Grevil was quite handsome before his hairstyle changes =)
Apr 17, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2009
Lol so that's the mystery behind that detective's hair.
Aug 8, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
Aw. Sad love story between Grevil and Jacqualine. :(

Anyways, meh episode. The mystery was boring.
Oct 3, 2012 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
Now I understand why Grevil has that haircut
Nov 7, 2012 5:18 AM

Sep 2010
Ok this episode made me like Grevil SO MUCH MORE.
I would like to see his hair back to "normal" by the end of the series...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 10, 2013 9:31 PM

Jan 2013
Ehh.
Some of it was boring
Mar 20, 2014 5:53 PM

Sep 2011
I like how everyone is saying the like Grevil more after this episode and yet here I am starting to hate him more and more.
He was (and still is) such an ass. Why does he think Victorique is heartless because of not wishing for him to stop loving the girl. I mean it's clear she didn't know much about love, but it's not like she would have told him that even if she knew more about it. It's more like she didn't really know much about people then and she didn't know what would piss Grevil off, it was more like a prank.

Anyway, the best part of the the episode was Victorique pretending to be a doll and telling herself (singing, actually) that she can endure other people because Kujou is there as well :3 That was so cute.
Apr 30, 2014 3:40 AM
Mar 2013
So there's actually a reason for why his hair looks like that? I'm impressed they actually explained that but I much prefer his hair down. Reminds me of another character I really like but I forget the name now.

Anyway it was cool how Grevil wanted to help Jacqueline out like that. That scene with Victorique locked up was hard to bear though. It broke my heart :(

Also even though Grevil is somewhat mean to Victorique, I respect that he has kept that hairstyle for so long. He's a man of his word as they say.
Jul 17, 2014 11:35 PM

Sep 2013
So the mytery is finally resolved.

This one is kinda similar to an episode I have before in city hunter. Pretty girls kidnapped in the dressing room but instead of getting auctioned, they made the kidnapped girls into mannequins lol.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 9, 2014 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
"He does somewhat resemble a carp, but if I look closely, it's cute."

now dis is a woman who knows how to flatter a guy

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 15, 2014 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
A love story that never happened... :(
Like Victorique said, that mystery was so simple that it couldn't even be called a mystery. Damnit, the police is a bunch of incompetent xD

I never thought that they were such in bad terms. Well, from the previous preview, it hinted to that, but I thought it was part of the past.

I really wonder when Victorique changed. We can see that she force herself to look strong and emotionless in fornt of her brother (and pretty much everyone). Is there somthing that happened before she met Kujou, or it really is him who liberated her?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 10, 2015 3:13 PM
Jul 2014
That's where his hairstyle comes from,LOL...
Mar 28, 2015 11:58 PM

Nov 2014
How stupid can Grevil be? How would he expect her to know love if she was locked forever?
Why does he think that he is the good guy?

Poor Victoriqua, I hope she get her family issues resolved soon.
Aug 13, 2015 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
WTF. How do people even remotely like Grevil is beyond me.

"You don't know love."
oh how could Vic when she was so much younger, probably in elementary school then, has been locked up and isolated almost her entire life and treated like a monster. Whereas poor Grevil who got to grow up and live like a human being and interact with all sorts of people.

Grevil really has no sense of gratitude when he has Vic to thank for his accomplishments. He only bothers looking for her when he needs help for a case. Shitty character
Sep 11, 2015 8:29 PM
May 2015
Yes Vic is now different, she is in love with kujo.
Mar 18, 2017 5:03 AM

Feb 2013
Fuck you Grevil!
You know that poor Victorique was in that cell all her life and you expect her to know the meaning of love and you keep rubbing it in her face.
May 27, 2017 4:47 AM

Nov 2016
Interesting episode, it was cool to see the whole backround story behind Grevils hair.

Victorique not knowing about love is no surprise, she was a child back then and on top of that isolated.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2018 5:57 AM

Mar 2010
I don't understand why Grevil kept his hair like that for all those years. It's not like Victorique has any real power over him.

Also, I don't see how anyone would come up with a request as ridiculous as "stop loving Jacqueline". How could anyone expect him to actually follow that order? People can't control their emotions like that, everyone knows it and so nobody would make such an unreasonable request. They could order him to never see her again and that could work, but to stop loving her? Ridiculous, therefore it's ridiculous to accuse Victorique that she isn't capable of love based on that.

Other than that, I've been mostly enjoying this anime. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it does have its moments.
Feb 24, 2020 6:19 AM

Dec 2019
Interesting episode we get to see grevil when he was handsome xD
                                                         🖤   

Dec 10, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2018
I can't understand how some people side with Grevil here. Calling her heartless.. what do you expect from someone you keep locked up like an animal? How is she supposed to know what love is.
Aug 4, 2022 2:44 PM

Mar 2019
So Grevil's "hatred" for Victorique has to do with more than just her mother, but I'm more confused now since I don't see why he hates her. The fact that Victorique doesn't know what love is has nothing to do with him. Her request was not something harsh so I don't see why Grevil hates her for that, unless she was a much different person in the past, one who did bad things.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 7, 2023 1:30 AM

Feb 2022
Grevil is a piece of shite. The audacity to say that Victorique does not have a heart. When she is literally locked up on that mansion since birth and she does not know what it feels to be loved.

That hairstyle is just a small price to pay for being mean to her.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.