Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2011 4:06 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahhh.... Nitori goes to school crossdressing as a cute-looking girl with the girl's uniform. I think that's all that matters in this episode.

Mar 18, 2011 12:31 AM

Jan 2011
Yea, only RAW is out. But its still not that hard to get whats going on. Poor Anna, I think she was the one crying at the next episode sneak peek. But looking at how there are only 2 episodes left they cant possibly follow the manga... Probably the anime will have its own ending. The real question is how close to the real thing they want to get. Again, as the sneak peek suggests, I think Anna will break up with Nitori so this far it will remain cannon. But how it will end depends on the studio's intentions. If they have decided to make more seasons, it will end with the second grade - open ending. If they wanna finish it, I really dont know... I hope they dont go that way.
AlexGKMar 18, 2011 3:09 AM
Mar 18, 2011 1:03 PM

Jul 2008
I feel bad for Shuu. It really isn't fair that Takatsuki can break dress code but he can't.

I really wanted to see more people's reactions though! Like what his class thought.

Is the next episode a two-parter or something? It said 10+11 in the preview.
Gar_LoganMar 18, 2011 4:18 PM
Mar 18, 2011 4:23 PM

Feb 2008
Ah the moment when Nitori faced the fires and jumped in with conviction.Without even being there, without even being Nitori I can feel the emotions. The nervousness, the courage, the doubt, the worry. It was an emotional moment to say the least. Having both read and watched it I can say that the moment doesn't lose any of it's impact. Poor Nitori has witnessed the true mercilessness of the blade of life.
Mar 18, 2011 5:04 PM

Dec 2008
It's acceptable for a girl to wear boys clothes, but totally unacceptable for a guy to wear girls clothes. Society and their double standards really suck!! Much praise to Shuu for having the courage to do it!!

Is Doi falling in love with Shuu? Doi is just straight up...ODD. I don't like him one bit.
Mar 18, 2011 6:03 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah, geez, they subbed it late T____T
Anyways, I never really thought about how much courage it takes to do something like Takatsuki and Nitori did...with the standards and expectations of the society, people automatically labeled them as just plain weird when nobody really understands their true intentions or even look at it seriously.
Some people also label this issue as a problem, therefore that was probably why Nitori was brought into the nurses office. I just know that he will be the talk of the school and his reputation will probably be labeled as weird and practically mentally "not there", while Takatsuki has the status and reputation of "looking cool" or "doing what Chi did".

I really like how Nitori took that one large step to boost his confidence and to express who he really believes he is and have faith in himself, just like Takatsuki, but honestly. I'm not really sure what Doi's TRUE intentions were, but I believe he was curious about transsexuals and even cross-dressing so he decided to bring Nitori up into this, and...embarrass him even more..
Mar 18, 2011 6:07 PM

Aug 2010
Doi... you are one confused boy. I bet his mind was blown when he found out Yuki was a transsexual. Well mines would be too.
Mar 18, 2011 8:22 PM

Feb 2010
billng said:
Doi... you are one confused boy. I bet his mind was blown when he found out Yuki was a transsexual. Well mines would be too.

LOL forreal! Doi was like.. "Wow. He was HOT!"

Excellent episode... I'm VERY proud of Nitorin & Takasuki.

Not enough Anna or Chi this ep!
Mar 18, 2011 8:27 PM

Feb 2011
He looked really good in the school uniform too...I'm worried about what his Dad is gonna say...

I guess I'm gonna start reading the manga once this is done, 11 eps is too short.

My video paused to buffer just as Doi closed the door and I was thinking "They've been in there a long time..." before I noticed.
Mar 18, 2011 9:02 PM

Feb 2008
shadowyoshi said:
He looked really good in the school uniform too...I'm worried about what his Dad is gonna say...

I guess I'm gonna start reading the manga once this is done, 11 eps is too short.

My video paused to buffer just as Doi closed the door and I was thinking "They've been in there a long time..." before I noticed.

If you do read the manga be sure to start from the beginning. It has been said before but the anime leaves a bit out.
Mar 18, 2011 11:31 PM

Dec 2010
Found this episode pretty average for the most part but the reaction of the teachers at the end and the epilogue saying he was brought to the nurses office and his mum took him home, that was quite touching. So he overcame his fears but was brought down by the expectations other people have.
Mar 18, 2011 11:36 PM

Jan 2009
This turn of events ends up making Nitori quite the daring guy!
Mar 18, 2011 11:46 PM

Jul 2008
I don't really understand why he stood there staring at the teachers for like a minute. Why didn't he try to blend it and walk to class?
Mar 19, 2011 1:03 AM

Oct 2006
The school uniform stood out either way.
Mar 19, 2011 1:17 AM

Sep 2009
I wish they showed more reactions from other people.
Mar 19, 2011 4:49 AM

Aug 2009
Whoa, Doi... I really didn't expect that from him.

And Nitori going to school CROSSDRESSED?! Holy crap, Nitori, you've got some serious balls.
Mar 19, 2011 5:00 AM

Nov 2009
Epic. One of the few times an episode can actually embody that word.

We got both of them going to school crossdressed in one episode. I didn't think Nitori would do it this episode, so I was surprised at that. My heart was also beating just as fast as his was the whole episode, could really show empathy for him.

Doi was enjoyable this episode. Not the frustration i thought he would be.
Mar 19, 2011 5:15 AM

Jan 2011
saxophone15 said:
I wish they showed more reactions from other people.

They will. Next episode will be FULL of that. Poor Anna.
Mar 19, 2011 11:20 AM

May 2010
Oh crap! Nitorin sure has some serious balls to do such a thing. That's what I call manly courage. lol

This Doi is really funny. So he's in traps and transexuals? xD

Next ep seems emotional. 10 + 11? Can't wait..
Mar 19, 2011 1:09 PM

Sep 2009
helur said:
Doi was enjoyable this episode. Not the frustration i thought he would be.
Agreed. I sort of like his character a bit now. He's funny on the sarcastic side.

What will happen with Anna? Its hard to hate Nitori even though he is acting a bit Bella but really does he still like Takatsuki?
Takatsuki looked hot! XD
Like how the show portrays strong characters for a change.
So next week is the last episode (10+11) huh.....too short.
Mar 19, 2011 1:43 PM

Mar 2010
Aww...!! i feel sorry for him ;/ he wants to be a girl but he can't because he was born in a boy's body :( how unfair is that!
I bet kids will pick on him / or the other way around - think he's very daring.

gahh im itching for a next ep >.>
Mar 19, 2011 1:58 PM

Nov 2007
Oh wow. That was the most courageous and yet most stupid thing to do.
So much tension this ep. And though Doi brought up the idea, it was Nitori's own choice in the end, and he needed to do it. Shame is that due to society's double standards, he'll be going through hell because of it. Luckily he has some good friends to stand up for him.

I don't know what to make of Doi. It's understandable that when some classmates are so obviously questioning their sexuality, it has effects on others as well. During that scene in the train when Nitori lost his balance, he really was like a girl grabbing onto her boyfriend for balance. But Doi having the hots for Yuki and Nitori, can just as well result in him becoming Nitori's worse bully, or make him stand up for Nitorin.
Mar 19, 2011 2:39 PM

Dec 2010
i swear i thought Doi was going to attack him when he asked him to change. He is one strange guy. I freaking love Ana chan she is super cute getting her bf matching hair pins lol
- Marissa Chan!
Mar 19, 2011 3:37 PM

Oct 2009
This is my favorite part from the manga, and the anime did it well.

I wish Nitori would have borrowed Takatsuki's uniform, then maybe he wouldn't stick out so much. I feel bad for him though, I just want to hug him.

We'll be seeing the aftermath and the rest of the reactions next episode.
Mar 19, 2011 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
My respect goes out there to Nitori. What he did required courage of upper echelon. But as already mentioned, it is quite unfair that Takatsuki got away cross-dressing because she's a girl while they blew it up for Nitorin. It is shame that the society is like this, labelling these people as they did.

Again, Nitorin, you got my respect.
Mar 19, 2011 4:20 PM

Jan 2011
I feel like the part where Yuki brings out Shiina during the conversation with Doi was really important for Doi to understand transgender people and how they can live normal, romantic lives like everyone else. That, I think, plays a part in Doi (maybe) realizing that sex and gender identity are two totally different things. He found Yuki "hot" and Nitori "cute" because of their gender identity, but genetically Nitori and Yuki will always be male (not that it matters), but it seems now Doi is curious about Nitori and might even have feelings for him.

... Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and Doi's just a huge jerk. XD

I don't think it's been developed much further in the manga, so I'm interested in how the anime deals with Doi.
Mar 19, 2011 7:23 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Such a good episode. Doi worried me there for a while, but I really like him.

Poor Nitori for being picked up by his mom and sent home. :(
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 19, 2011 7:51 PM
May 2010
"They brought him to the nurse's office. Then his mom came and took him home."

Those lines left my speechless, there are no words to describe how much better that was than actually showing the immediate scene. (They can next episode, just how they ended the episode with that which was amazing.)

DAMN. I simply can't wait for next week, I'm anticipating it more than Madoka now.
Mar 19, 2011 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
Ousto said:

I wish Nitori would have borrowed Takatsuki's uniform, then maybe he wouldn't stick out so much. I feel bad for him though, I just want to hug him.

We'll be seeing the aftermath and the rest of the reactions next episode.

Yeah, I agree, that should have been the real school's girl uniform and he would have sticked less than what he did.

But this is by far my favorite moment in the manga, and the anime for now. Go Nitori!
Mar 19, 2011 8:44 PM

Sep 2008
The absence of of bgm is finally getting to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2011 9:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yea, unfortunately, society's double standard is too deeply engraved.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 20, 2011 12:26 AM

Jun 2009
10+11? Just a title of the next episode or the final episode?

Anyway, Doi doing his stuff though can't fault him on this since Nitorin is too gullible but I guess, he wanted to try it once. No harm in doing so but there is a thing called double standard and it's always a bitch against guys.

I'm just a little disappoint that there is almost no Anna in this episode.
Mar 20, 2011 5:37 AM

May 2009
This episode was really, really great.

I adore Maho's boyfriend, he's so sweet to Nitori.

Ousto said:
Yes, the anime definitely does the manga justice with the way it portrays Nitori's turmoil.
Mar 20, 2011 12:17 PM

Apr 2010
A episode with a really deep meaning behind it and i have to say it was great.
I liked how both Takatsuki and Nitori came over there fears and went to school tho i didn't go that well for Nitori. (For the ones that missed it the episode continued for about 10 seconds after the ED)
But it went well for Takatsuki her teacher appears to be pretty open minded about many things and it was interesting to see his reaction on Nitori being a guy.

Maho didn't seem to like that her little brother was mistaken for a girl by that lady who was talking to her grandmother.
And it seems she really is always angry about something like Nitori mentioned to her boyfriend i wonder if she will ever get over it.

Doi reaction at hearing that Yuki was a transexual was funny, Yuki was pretty harsh at him in her behavior it became pretty clear that she knows that Nitori is easily influenced and doesn't say no.
I wonder what Doi was up to making Nitori dress as a girl and then asking him to come to school like that.
Mar 20, 2011 12:32 PM

Dec 2009
I loved this episode a lot, but I can't believe the show is almost over! There are only two more episodes, then we have to wait until September for the 12th as it's being released as an OVA.

I'll have to start reading the manga now.
Mar 20, 2011 12:41 PM

Oct 2010
I sort of feel sorry for Nitori, since he won't be accepted by people :(
But is this getting good or what?
Mar 20, 2011 7:59 PM

Jul 2009
The fact that he was sent home made me a little bit mad.

Also, WHY IS ANNA CRYING IN THE PREVIEW?!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 20, 2011 8:34 PM

Nov 2010
Some people just cant accept Nitori for who he is but other can, looks like this can either end in a bad or good way only time will tell. Too bad he isn't accepted by the teachers and school, but by the looks of it he really did it this time.
Mar 20, 2011 10:00 PM

Apr 2010
Okay.... WHAT THE FUCK DID NITORI JUST DO!? HOLY CRAP!!! This is troublesome.

But LOL... his mother took him home... see how different things can be if you're a man.

Nice episode name.... Green Eye... doesn't that have something to do with Jealousy/Envy?
And I guess the next 2 episodes will be put together for a long finale.
CRAZEH247Mar 20, 2011 10:04 PM
Mar 21, 2011 4:59 PM
Dec 2010
I am starting feeling sad for Anna!

Next episode 10+11? Will be the end? :(
Mar 22, 2011 2:38 AM

Aug 2008
For a moment I thought Doi was going to rape Nitori when he closed the door. It looks so wrong. Either that or I certainly have a vivid imagination. :P
Mar 22, 2011 8:37 AM

Sep 2008
darkerealm said:
For a moment I thought Doi was going to rape Nitori when he closed the door. It looks so wrong. Either that or I certainly have a vivid imagination. :P

You're not the only one. Me too. Lulz.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 22, 2011 11:45 AM

Oct 2010
i like the look on Doi's face when he learned about Yuki :)))
Mar 22, 2011 4:45 PM

Jun 2007
Fuck! That ending almost made me cry. I hope Nitori's strong enough to handle the consequences (which wouldn't even exist in a perfect world).
Mar 23, 2011 12:04 AM

Apr 2010
GOD that was so EPIC. Nitori is so cute as a girl~!!! It is so awesome that he had the courage to walk into school dressed like a girl. I can't wait for the double last episodes >_<
Mar 23, 2011 5:34 AM

Feb 2011
That was awesome. I laughed throughout the entire episode too, especially with the Doi bit. I totally thought he was gonna kiss Nitori too, haha.

And talk about double standards! Sheesh.

This anime, among a few others, should be obligatory in schools worldwide to create some understanding for the beauty of abnormalness.
Mar 23, 2011 4:25 PM
Mar 24, 2011 9:40 AM

Nov 2009
LOL,
So im not the only one with sick imagination XD when doi closed the door
I was like "O_O...WTH? X\\D?"
Mar 27, 2011 4:51 AM

Apr 2010
way to go nitorin!!!
Mar 29, 2011 12:27 AM

Mar 2009
So Nitori really went to school dressed as a girl..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Mar 10, 2011

61 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 17, 2011

56 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hannah_Ana - Jan 27, 2011

88 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

259 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 29, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Samu-tan - Mar 31, 2011

134 by Baskarite »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.