Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2011 10:12 AM

Sep 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very nice episode, as always, i'm looking forward for the next, I questioned myself about Nessa, what is she really? what is she hide? And the same goes for Phryne.
I want to be hit by Nessa :( but before.. I want to know what'll happen to her, could she gave up on hating Phryne?

"Clain ... Baaaaaaaaaka."
-Angy-Feb 3, 2011 11:27 AM
Feb 3, 2011 10:23 AM

Jan 2010
Well, it seems the plot thickens.
And Clain did not answer to Phryne's question...
I wonder what'll happen to Nessa now ?
Wafu~ !
Feb 3, 2011 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
And now Phryne is at Clain's side instead of Nessa.

This episode was great. I loved the action/adventure feel to it. I'm still on the fence about the Granitz. Are they good guys or bad guys? They seem like they're supposed to be the good guys, but at the same time they made as much of a blood bath as the priestesses did.

I'll miss Nessa if she's not going to be around at the same time as Phryne. Hopefully this will give us a chance to learn more about Phryne's character.

That priest guy at the end there was just great. "There is no fourth option!" XD
Feb 3, 2011 7:21 PM

May 2010
I know this is off subject but Nessa is so kawaii! and I'm still curious about the fractale and their magic staffs.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Feb 3, 2011 7:51 PM

Sep 2009
It's so odd to see Phryne turn up the tsun so heavily in this episode with not a single soft moment, given how she was around Clain in the first episode. So with more on how Fractale operates revealed, more questions get asked about Nessa's origin and purpose. I wonder if they're going to talk more about why the Fractale system is corrupt because at this point, the impact to me isn't that heavy. Maybe the atmosphere of this show is to blame since the music is still fairly lackadaisical and doesn't have a really epic adventure feel to it.
Feb 3, 2011 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
Anyone else notice the art style kinda changed mainly on Nessa.
Feb 3, 2011 8:14 PM

Jan 2010
Hmm... I was expecting something a bit heavier after that shocking end to the last episode. I'm not saying that this episode was bad, but it didn't feel quite right straight after all those people died.

Was still pretty funny to watch, though.
Feb 3, 2011 9:06 PM
Nov 2009
The plot seems to be quite deep, very interesting. Also Nessa so cute~
Feb 3, 2011 9:27 PM

Jul 2009
Am I the only one who thinks Nessa is annoying? Kana Hanazawa is great but her character tries too hard to be sickenly cute. Ugh.

Anyway I'm glad Phryne's back. She was pretty badass this episode! I very much prefer her over Nessa.
Feb 3, 2011 10:00 PM
Sep 2009
Ojisama_Cut said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very nice episode, as always, i'm looking forward for the next, I questioned myself about Nessa, what is she really? what is she hide? And the same goes for Phryne.
I want to be hit by Nessa :( but before.. I want to know what'll happen to her, could she gave up on hating Phryne?

"Clain ... Baaaaaaaaaka."

Well since Phryne said that Nessa is a data created by her, I think Nessa is the image of phyrne when she was a child.
Feb 3, 2011 10:20 PM

Aug 2009
Nessa loves everything! Except for Phryne XD

:3
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Feb 3, 2011 11:10 PM

Nov 2010
midgemage said:
Hmm... I was expecting something a bit heavier after that shocking end to the last episode. I'm not saying that this episode was bad, but it didn't feel quite right straight after all those people died.

I agree with you there. Although I wouldn't call it absolutely vital, I was bothered by the lack of bloodshed there was on the ground. I mean there were scores of bullet-ridden people lying on the ground, so the grass should have been dyed red by then.
Feb 3, 2011 11:49 PM

Jan 2011
I now have even more questions without answers. What did Nessa mean when she said "Nessa loves love" and "I hate Phryne"? What did Phryne mean when she said that she hates love?

I LOLed when Phryne asked Clain if he loved her, but that discussion didn't go where I thought it was going to go.
Feb 3, 2011 11:51 PM

Mar 2010
Oh My GOODNESS theres soo many things i liked about this episode,..Nessa was soo cute singing that song, and when she gets all jelous its so cut too xD

Clain Looked very Funny when he was Dangling from the Motor cycle.

overall this episode was awesome!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 3, 2011 11:53 PM

Dec 2008
I'm not 100% sure what the hell is happening...but I like it 8D
Feb 3, 2011 11:54 PM

Sep 2008
I like the part where he left Nessa.
Anyone in the right mind would pick Phryne.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2011 12:28 AM

Apr 2010
The last part was so cute >.<

Feb 4, 2011 1:23 AM

Feb 2010
good ep Phryne already back that was quick.
Feb 4, 2011 1:28 AM

Mar 2010
Nessa is still the cutest thing ever

Phryne is baffling character - in a good way.
Feb 4, 2011 1:48 AM

Oct 2009
What is this I don't even, I'm enjoying this shit.

+ I can use it for my Extension English classes, using it as a text for Utopia/Dystopia xD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2011 2:56 AM

Aug 2010
Uhm...where are we? The show just gives more mysteries instead of answers...
Well, I could help with some theories on Phryne...in this episode, the phrase "Key to the World" got glued to Phryne. We now know that she is actually 'evil' in a sense, selfish and greedy. I think it s possible to link this two facts with Phryne. Imo, I think she will die, in order to restore love in the world. Also, I have read in a post before that Nessa might be a childish form of Phryne. This might be possible as well and this would mean that by eliminating Nessa, Phryne would love(?) the world again? Anyway, I'm really enjoying the show. Can't wait for the next episode :D
Feb 4, 2011 5:02 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder how long Clain just going to go with the motions before he finally decides to do something him self. He just seems to be dragged around. Also, what did he expect when he left Nessa? That she would just come back.
Feb 4, 2011 5:11 AM

Nov 2010
How can Clain leaves Nessa behind?!? Clain no baaaaaaka *Nessa pout*
Feb 4, 2011 5:24 AM

Jul 2008
prismheart said:
I wonder how long Clain just going to go with the motions before he finally decides to do something him self. He just seems to be dragged around. Also, what did he expect when he left Nessa? That she would just come back.

I think it was a parody to usual story developments: main hero and another character end in a fight and main character decides to do it. Later, that other character ends up following him. It was quite a surprise to see Nessa not following him and thus breaking this traditional story development.

With that said, I approve Clain's choice :P
NayraelFeb 4, 2011 5:29 AM
Feb 4, 2011 5:46 AM

Nov 2010

I agree with you on that, and also I can't quiet believe that Nessa is the child form of Phryne just because there was that other Nessa at the ceremony, and I don't think she was a doppel, and she even called Phryne her sister...All in all though i'm definitely liking this show very much :P
Feb 4, 2011 6:45 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode ^^

Feb 4, 2011 8:00 AM

Dec 2010
kalamity said:
midgemage said:

I agree with you there. Although I wouldn't call it absolutely vital, I was bothered by the lack of bloodshed there was on the ground. I mean there were scores of bullet-ridden people lying on the ground, so the grass should have been dyed red by then.

Feel the same way. Even the grief for the fallen comrade was washed away pretty fast. Most of the guys seem to be teenagers so you'd expect them to be a bit shocked after killing for the first time. But not the slightest remorse for murdering inocent bystanders.
Feb 4, 2011 8:17 AM

Sep 2010
I don't know...something is lacking. I can't take this show seriously. There are things that just doesn't feel right. I suppose the scene were they burned that fat guys corpse was supposed to be moving or at least in some other way emotional and yet...I couldn't care less. Despite the serious tone of the story, many aspects just feel so childish and...unfitting? Apart from people acting weird that chase scene was just so...stupid. How do you capture the daughter of the high priest? I know: we freaking shoot at her! If it was a random anime aimed at children I could suspend my disbelief that much but Fractle definitly tries to be more than that and quite frankly...fails at the moment.
I hoped for a turn in direction after the last episode but they somehow turned back instead.
Feb 4, 2011 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
It`s going a good way, but hoped for more in this episode (still it was good).
Feb 4, 2011 9:13 AM
Nov 2008
Every episode of Fractale leaves me more and more curious about the universe and the mysteries behind the characters. I hope this show ends up being amazing all the way through. I would hate to see it lose credibility for being having a crappy ending or something like that.
Feb 4, 2011 9:16 AM

Jun 2009
I loved this episode. I wonder that Phryne means when she says that she hates love? Also, Nessa hates Phryne. I wonder why.
Feb 4, 2011 9:34 AM

Oct 2010
I didn't really like this episode :(
Feb 4, 2011 10:24 AM

Dec 2007
I wanna see another ep....NOW....

Also Nessa was cute at the end :D
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Feb 4, 2011 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
I liked this episode. Phryne is back, so we might get some answers. What is the key? Is Nessa a doppel or not? And what is exactly the Fractale system.
msskitties said:

Anyway I'm glad Phryne's back. She was pretty badass this episode! I very much prefer her over Nessa.

Phryne is a great character, mysterious and adventurous, i guess. I wonder if she will continue be like that..
Feb 4, 2011 11:15 AM

Sep 2010
This show just keeps getting better and better, although I'm not particularly fond of the characters. I do like Sunda a lot though.
Feb 4, 2011 11:38 AM

Jun 2009
I found this episode underwhelming in contrast to the last episode. I don’t know, there was something that didn’t make it have the same impact…

So, Nessa loves love, and Phryne hates love. Nessa hates Phryne, therefore she’s “hate”. The key of the world is “hate”.
She thought Nessa’s data couldn’t be awaken by anyone, Clain did, and then she asks him if he loves her, which leads me to think Nessa is love and someone has to love Phryne to stir up Nessa.

That was all I could figure out using my pointless logic, and it makes no sense, still, my —wrong— assumptions left me thinking what the heck is going to happen from now on. I don’t understand a thing.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Feb 4, 2011 11:53 AM

Apr 2010
This was a very nice episode and after last weeks sudden change very surprising.
That Phryne would be so importuned to the temple is a surprise, tho the way they want to bring her in is pretty violent.
It's a shame that priest didn't get killed he is just an obsessed idiot hungry for power and violence.
Those soldiers from the temple just appear to be sacrificial pieces for them.

Phryne's reaction was a bit strange tho i expected she would slap Claine.
I wonder why Nessa hates her and why Phryne hates love i am also wondering what there history is and why Nessa looks like that other priest.

And why where the saying that there world would end soon?
Feb 4, 2011 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
Tl;dr for ep1-4, what the fuck am I watching?
Oh well, at least there's Phryne. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
After doing some reading, I seem to be the only one who hates Nessa for being an annoyance.
OosranFeb 5, 2011 1:52 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 4, 2011 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
God bless scriptwriter for this episode, he managed to release me from epic end of previous one, so I can drop fractal without any regrets.
Feb 4, 2011 12:14 PM

Dec 2008
Clain, you idiot!! How could you leave Nessa behind? Get away from Phyrne!! She's a selfish bitch!
Feb 4, 2011 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
I hope that Phryne knows how to "get it on behind the curtains" with Clain as good as Nessa. Otherwise this show is screwed D:
[fancy signature here]
Feb 4, 2011 1:14 PM

Jun 2007
Nessa is so cute. Nessa loves love but hate love. What's up with Phryne? I want to know why her personality changed. The granitz family is probably good but Sunda is looking like the bad one well he thinks he is doing good but we can't just get on his side till we know what the hell is the Fractale system. No more Nessa? next episode? Well I guess to much Nessa might turn people off. Clain...Baka indeed.
Feb 4, 2011 1:24 PM

Jul 2010
Clain no Baka. nessa is cute and stubborn. nice episode with rebellion phryne.
Feb 4, 2011 1:33 PM

Oct 2010
Still Nessa can go back to where Clain is w/e she wants right?

This made me sad ~.~
choyosFeb 4, 2011 2:04 PM
huh?
Feb 4, 2011 2:10 PM
Dec 2007
I'm starting to like the universe and the characters but the development and script are still really inconsistent.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 4, 2011 3:22 PM

Nov 2007
mljato said:
I don't know...something is lacking. I can't take this show seriously. There are things that just doesn't feel right. I suppose the scene were they burned that fat guys corpse was supposed to be moving or at least in some other way emotional and yet...I couldn't care less.

^This.
With the bloodshed from last ep fresh in our minds, it was weird to see all that crying over one dead LM member.
I'm guessing it was done to gain sympathy for Clain's POV, being caught in the middle.
On the one hand LM - freedom fighters who don't shun bloodshed -, on the other hand the temple - into brainwashing, yet they did give the order to avoid innocent bystanders from getting hurt.

Lots of unexpected turns this ep: Nessa's dislike of Phryne, Phryne being pissed off that Clain opened the data. And here I thought she chose to leave Nessa with Clain just for that reason :P
Feb 4, 2011 3:27 PM

Apr 2010
so i understand bits and pieces of the plot... but the fact still remains... wth is going on?
like someone said earlier, with every passing episode there are more questions and less explanations... this makes me sad xP
Feb 4, 2011 7:21 PM
Dec 2007
b-naks said:
so i understand bits and pieces of the plot... but the fact still remains... wth is going on?
like someone said earlier, with every passing episode there are more questions and less explanations... this makes me sad xP
And only 6 more episodes to clear them up. Oh, I so smell a crappy ending already with no questions answered. I swear the director is screwing up the anime on purpose just as a last middle finger to the producers.

Feb 4, 2011 7:57 PM

Jul 2009
haha i agree with clain, phryne might not look like it but she's a tomboy
Feb 4, 2011 8:13 PM

Nov 2008
Villetta_Nu said:
Clain, you idiot!! How could you leave Nessa behind? Get away from Phyrne!! She's a selfish bitch!

I wouldn't go as far as calling her a bitch, but I'm with Nessa, I don't like her. Also, Clain you idiot. Just thinking that Clain may end up with Phryne, grrrrrrrrrrr.....irritates me.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.