Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2011 12:34 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
12 year old Cleo activated SEED mode for a bit there. Lolz at Rygart completely just running through the other guy in his mech. That was pretty lulz.

Looks like shit is finally going to go down with Borcuse on the move.
WasabiJan 31, 2011 12:39 AM
Jan 31, 2011 1:48 AM

Feb 2010
cleo's age is so lol 12 seriously couldn't they make her 14 at least...
Jan 31, 2011 3:12 AM

Jul 2010
This show is really, really average ain't it? Oh well, I was bored.
Jan 31, 2011 4:35 AM

Oct 2009
Meh..

I was really looking forward to this cos I saw my favourite character Girge in the trailer. And guess what? He had so little screentime! Oh well at least Narvi is in it.

And obviously the fanservice is a more major plot than the mecha fights itself. I really thought it was unnecessary. Along with the lesbian vibes Cleo & Sigywn are giving though I had nothing against lesbians.
Jan 31, 2011 7:15 AM

Apr 2009
I had hopes that this movie would be at least somewhat of an improvement on the last, but I guess it really shouldn't come as a surprise that it wasn't. Maybe I should just read the manga to see if the 4th movie is worth watching...
Jan 31, 2011 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
its still mediocre at best, but im watching this for the good animation and i wonder what will happen in the end
Jan 31, 2011 8:00 AM
Jan 2011
ReaperEXE said:
I had hopes that this movie would be at least somewhat of an improvement on the last, but I guess it really shouldn't come as a surprise that it wasn't. Maybe I should just read the manga to see if the 4th movie is worth watching...

Depend on what the "improvement" you're expecting is.

bskbob said:
cleo's age is so lol 12 seriously couldn't they make her 14 at least...

Believe it or not, 12 year old girl with body like that exists in real life too.

Icolyze said:
This show is really, really average ain't it? Oh well, I was bored.

Then don't watch it and stop whining.
Jan 31, 2011 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
I think episode one and two were better , I feel like nothing happened in this episode.

Oh well, the 4th movie comes out on February 25.
Jan 31, 2011 5:37 PM
Feb 2009
ahh omg now time to wait for the next episode
Jan 31, 2011 8:10 PM

Jul 2008
OMG indeed.

Rygart was so badass, in more ways than one LOL
Jan 31, 2011 8:37 PM

Apr 2010
well the fight scene was pretty epic, liked how he just plowed through that dude...

the rest of it was just kinda lame plot builders lol...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Feb 1, 2011 12:46 AM

Feb 2009
I thought this "movie" was going to be better or at least on par with the other 2, and also the running time felt very short compared with the other two. The story was OK, but there where some awkward moments, like Cleo and Sigyw's fan-service scene and Cleo been 12 despite her 17-18 year old look appearance (silicon included). Best parts where when they where introducing the new characters, and of course Rygart kicking ass was a plus. The action sequences and score/OP song where great, and the art and animation where very good. The chemistry between all characters is still there, and the story still makes sense despite the awkwardness. Overall it was fine, not like the previous 2 "movies", but next one definitely looks to make it up.

6/10
Feb 1, 2011 10:13 AM

May 2009
Found it just as enjoyable as the other two. Very good, and judging by the preview, the next movie will be awesome as well - What's the release date?
Feb 1, 2011 2:39 PM
Nov 2010
Seriously, this show is very good but why did they decide to make movies out of it ?
This show will neither get better nor worse, it will keep the same atmosphere, same pacing, same character development, same level of military and political stuff, same type of flash backs because they are very faithful to the manga so far. So if you hate it, don't bother continuing.

About this episode, nice fighting, nice boobs, better than the second movie and equal to the first one. It gets a 8/10 from me.

Keep up the good work Production I.G. & Xebec.

@I_hate_Elitists

No offense, but did you create this account just to say that?
Feb 1, 2011 3:05 PM

Apr 2008
Felt like this movie could have fit into a half an hour episode.

I guess it takes longer to make them cause of the quartz. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Feb 1, 2011 9:05 PM

Dec 2007
Oh cool, fan service. :D

Some decent development about the war but still pretty slow moving like the previous movies. I don't understand how this gets rated so high. :(
Feb 2, 2011 10:53 AM

Feb 2009
Can't get over that Cleo is just 12 and defeated 5 units without killing them. Makes me wonder about the chances of Rygart's side in this war if they keep getting beat one by one like that.
Movie was good, a bit better than the previous two.
Looking forward to the next one.

Before the title at the preview was shown, the unit there(Rygart's perhaps) almost looks like Strike Gundam preparing to fire his weapon :P
Just saying...
Oh and Sigyn's body is as awesome as always :P
Feb 2, 2011 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
a few pics I had to take at the end.... in spoiler tags

was gonna include a few more but yeah... Cleo is 12? I obviously had the same reaction as Rygart. she was hot especially in the pics, but Sigyn mmm nice body yeah?. uh

... yeah onto the plot. shit is looking to get worse with Borcuse on the move. Rygart was badass with that armor, he just ran over that one guy. surprised he actually got the drop on Zess. Cleo taking down 5 guys was predictable but still kinda cool. I don't see how they can hold them off though as just vs 5 people they lost a good amount. I hope Cleo is fine as I kind of like her, and her and Rygart should have a talk. Zess eventually will learn the conditions of surrender and that might make things interesting.

seemed shorter than the last few? no idea. still I liked it. although I think I'd prefer it just as a series so I wouldn't forget what happened by the time the next one came out.
Feb 3, 2011 4:25 AM
Nov 2010
Like, lukewarm water.

Seriously this series need to get a whole lot more tragic (Looking at you, source material) before it can lift itself from mediocrity. I admit I'm only watching/reading this anime and manga for pretty girls that constantly showing affection to the clueless guy, kind of cute.

If I was Sigyn, I'd seriously do something terriable to Cleo (queue fan service!). Empty gun or not, she tried to shoot Rygart and Sigyn felt SORRY?

The constant slow down of action during mecha fights is also annoying. Used sparringly it is good emphasis but every moment is just a drag.

Rygart has to be one of those RPG characters with 2 for other stats and 10 for luck. No experience with a mech? no problem it has auto corrective maneuvers to dig you out of sticky situations. All you need is to remove Rygart's input and you'd get an invincible mech. Need special favors? No problems, everyone, treat him like the most special farmer in the universe, you'd think farmers are becoming extinct.

Previous episode had some semblance of tactics but this one there's no logic in rules of engagement. Heavily armoured, non range unit charging at you, and the order is to give COVER FIRE? I mean...where's the enemy fire to suppress? Blade shatters from gun shot but not armour, what chance does the melee weapon have at breaking enemy armour then? Deploy 50 units to capture 4 units, and let's more in tight formations - why? To minimize the advantage of numerical superiority of course!
Feb 3, 2011 3:14 PM
Jan 2011
it was a not bad episode, action was pretty much the same as the other episodes... it was great seeing the Dirfringe 3rd form in action (even if it was short) this form is perhaps my second favorite next the Dirfringe 5th form

i thought they would end the movie a little further into the story but i guess they wanted to add the little fan service with Cleo and Sigyn, seriously i don't remember Cleo demanding Sigyn to remove ALL of her clothes off, thought it was just the coat

well... we're now half way until the animated series is over, and hopefully there's gonna be a lot more action coming, i hope they end it on the chapter 41, seems like a good way to end it for now

Mod edit: spoiler tagged
koleareMar 2, 2013 11:44 AM
Feb 3, 2011 4:15 PM

Jun 2010
This is the first show I've watched that leaves me with such a melancholic feeling. I was amazed that Cleo was twelve but still fanservice much?

Is it bad that my favorite character is Gram?
Feb 3, 2011 8:43 PM

Feb 2008
lol i dunno why you guys think this episode was no good when it stuck to the manga pretty well. things wont really get heavy till much later though. i would say from here on out it will be nothing but war, so the best is yet to come.

her age really did not match her body. although in most cases even 16 year olds used to not have bodies like that. these days there chock full of hormones that it wouldn't surprise me at all. (all the more reason to be careful kids hehe)
Feb 4, 2011 2:53 AM

Aug 2009
By the time the sixth movie is out would the manga be over?
Feb 4, 2011 2:58 AM
Nov 2010
Probably not. The plan was to adapt a fixed amount of volumes already released I think. Good for the manga to get animated, though personally I don't see anything even in the latest chapter that suggests a closure of a story. A puzzle how they will be wrapping this up really.
Feb 4, 2011 7:36 AM
Nov 2010
lol i dunno why you guys think this episode was no good when it stuck to the manga pretty well

so something being 100% the same as the manga makes it automatically good in anime format? no wonder FMA:B is top 1 on this site lolo
Feb 5, 2011 4:35 AM
Jan 2008
When Girge was brought to the red golem. That wasn't Rygart's black golem right? I wasn't able to tell.
Feb 5, 2011 3:47 PM
Nov 2010
Looks like Artemis captured from Cleo repainted red. Hence the 'master it' part.
Feb 5, 2011 8:15 PM
Dec 2009
potplant said:
Like, lukewarm water.

Seriously this series need to get a whole lot more tragic (Looking at you, source material) before it can lift itself from mediocrity. I admit I'm only watching/reading this anime and manga for pretty girls that constantly showing affection to the clueless guy, kind of cute.

If I was Sigyn, I'd seriously do something terriable to Cleo (queue fan service!). Empty gun or not, she tried to shoot Rygart and Sigyn felt SORRY?

The constant slow down of action during mecha fights is also annoying. Used sparringly it is good emphasis but every moment is just a drag.

Rygart has to be one of those RPG characters with 2 for other stats and 10 for luck. No experience with a mech? no problem it has auto corrective maneuvers to dig you out of sticky situations. All you need is to remove Rygart's input and you'd get an invincible mech. Need special favors? No problems, everyone, treat him like the most special farmer in the universe, you'd think farmers are becoming extinct.

Previous episode had some semblance of tactics but this one there's no logic in rules of engagement. Heavily armoured, non range unit charging at you, and the order is to give COVER FIRE? I mean...where's the enemy fire to suppress? Blade shatters from gun shot but not armour, what chance does the melee weapon have at breaking enemy armour then? Deploy 50 units to capture 4 units, and let's more in tight formations - why? To minimize the advantage of numerical superiority of course!

Don't like it don't watch it.
Feb 6, 2011 9:50 AM
Jan 2008
potplant said:
Looks like Artemis captured from Cleo repainted red. Hence the 'master it' part.

Ah okay. I see now. Thanks.
Feb 6, 2011 1:51 PM

Jan 2011
Cleo really doesn't look like 12 years old XD

Feb 7, 2011 1:11 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
It was cool to see Zess get defeated.

Feb 13, 2011 4:08 PM
Dec 2007
Now that everything is put in perspective and the characters are beginning to turn a little more than one-dimensional, the script seems pretty good after all. That was really good overall and even better than episode 2 except for the disastrous use of strategy in the opening fight and the not-so-interesting last 10 minutes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 13, 2011 4:08 PM
Dec 2007
Now that everything is put in perspective and the characters are beginning to turn a little more than one-dimensional, the script seems pretty good after all. That was really good overall and even better than episode 2 except for the disastrous use of strategy in the opening fight and the not-so-interesting last 10 minutes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 21, 2011 9:33 AM

Aug 2009
So much better than the second movie. Break Blade 2's fight in the first half dragged on way too long, but 3's fight had me on the edge of my seat.
The development in the second half of the film was great too. Way better than the 2nd movie.

tl;dr 3rd movie > 2nd movie

5/5, 9/10
Feb 22, 2011 1:05 PM

Oct 2009
Fancervice, yay! That was a real suprise that Cleo's only 12 years old. If all girls were like that, pedophilia wouldn't be a crime.
About this episode and about all the movies(3 so far) - many of the characters are ree-ealy emotional, and when in the end their being caught or killed - that makes me happy.
あらあら。。。
Feb 27, 2011 5:52 PM

Mar 2009
Epic movie is Epic!

As opposed to apparently everyone else, I thought this was the best one by far.

Yea, not a lot happened except maybe the two most epic moments in the series so far!

During the Rygart/Zess fight I'm think to myself..."Damn, this may be the most epic battle I've ever seen in animu?!" I mean seriously, did you see that move Rygart did off the sword? And completely shattering it in the process, and then gutcheck Zess, and then have the agility and power to stop himself half way through...wow. Some of the best animation I've ever seen.

And, to top it all of, Cloe goes on an epic Exia-style rampage, that was damn near better than Rygart vs Zess.

If you don't call that "stuff happening" then I suggest you seek some other form of entertainment, because I think they "Nailed" it....pun intended :p

And, the dumbass I am, I guess I missed this. I saw that [gg] dropped 4 today and was like "What? They dropped 4 before 3?" And then I ventured to their site and realized I'm the idiot that never noticed they released 3. But it all works out, cause now I get to go watch 4 right now!

Urahara Out!!
Mar 1, 2011 3:37 AM

Jan 2009
I think this was better than the first movie.
The "main" battle was full of win, for example.
And even the owl landing on Rygart's head was entertaining.

Next movie should be even better. I guess I'll watch that later tonight.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 5, 2011 10:59 PM

Aug 2010
This reminds me so much of Code Geass, in a good way. These movies are just so good.
Jun 4, 2011 3:05 AM

Jun 2009
U MAD CLEO?

...was what I'm always saying when he looks at Rygart with such malice and hatred.

Best fight scene so far... and yes, Rygart, I had the same reaction just like you when I heard in the 2nd movie when Cleo mentioned Lee being 12 yrs old.

Oh me, I wanted something Yuri when Cleo pushed Sigyn. Man, both girls have explosive body.
Jun 7, 2011 9:55 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode. Mecha fights is at its best, it's hard to believe that 12 year old can take down 5 units and not killing them. A 12 year old girl with a 16 year old hot body is pretty interesting like she had a major growth spurt. Both Sigyn and Cleo have a bombshell body. The fanservice is totally unexpected but great.

Looking forward for the last 3 sequels
Jun 9, 2011 1:17 AM

Apr 2009
With all that armor attached to it, I can't believe the Under Golem can still move at that speed! Anyway, so Zess is not invincible after all? I don't know why but I'm somewhat relieved of that.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 30, 2011 2:11 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good movie I guess.
Aug 2, 2011 2:10 AM

Sep 2008
Mmmmm some yummy girl on girl action leading to Sigyn being disrobed.
Gotta say that the fight was awesome though. As Zess survived, I am going to guess that they'll face off twice more, the next one being Rygard's loss.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2011 1:57 PM

Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Gotta say that the fight was awesome though. As Zess survived, I am going to guess that they'll face off twice more, the next one being Rygard's loss.

Yeah,but I am guessing that Zess,despite surviving,is seriously injured. Maybe lost and arm or smth.
HawthorneKitty said:

Mmmmm some yummy girl on girl action leading to Sigyn being disrobed.

Oh,was that exciting or what! Pure awesomeness! I'm giving it a bonus point for this one.

Btw,that baddie general who was called back to service...I've got a bad feeling about him. :S

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Sep 23, 2011 3:59 PM

Aug 2008
Why is there so much ecchi in this show?

It does a decent job of telling the story, has decent action, no romance but tons of unneeded ecchi so far.
Nov 8, 2011 5:56 AM

Jun 2008
Merril said:
Why is there so much ecchi in this show?

It does a decent job of telling the story, has decent action, no romance but tons of unneeded ecchi so far.

That ain't enough to be called ecchi. Just a little fanservice. Besides, why not? If it does not get in the way of the plot then what's the problem?

Some good fighting, some nice boobs, nothing extraordinary but it seemed fine to me, i think people complain too much. We also saw that general guy and from a few images shown during that talk his probably some ruthless bastard but it seems we have a little crazy guy on the Krisna side too. Hoping we won't turn out as bad news for his allies.
MonadNov 8, 2011 5:59 AM
Dec 30, 2011 11:30 AM

Aug 2008
Oh that was nice. Time's like this I really feel at home watching mecha. It had to be intimidating as hell seeing Rygart charge at them full speed and utterly smash one of their own in a single pass. Even more impressive is how he overrode the auto-stabilization to bounce off his claymore and save his ass. Nice! I really thought Zess was dead, too. But at the very least it looks like he won't be seeing combat again. I saw Erekt's face. I know what it means.

Jan 1, 2012 2:55 PM

Dec 2010
You didn't know Cleo is just 12? I thought that someone mentioned this fact early on.
Never mind. This episode was even better than the previous ones(yes, I actually like&enjoy this show). The battles were really tough and epic ones, but I feel like the real shit is yet to begin. The feeling when Rygart broke the lines of the enemy golems was so great, I just could barely stand it. He took two enemies with himself and I believe that he could take Zess's head too if he wanted. Yeah, I guess I liked Zess from the start(he's all pokerface and stuffs), but while I watched the episode I wanted for Rygart to kill him. This is war after all and if Zess doesn't wish to stand back, then he'll be responsible for whatever happens after he makes his choice(I respect him for his choice though). Rygart and Hodr are stupid though, thinking that it's all good to leave the enemy soldier walks in her lines. She already took down five of their golems, it will be suicidal choice to let her fight again.
Girge is on the line of war as it seems so is Borcuse. I hope that Girge will work for Krisna 'cause they pretty much need a masterful soldier(he seems like such one to me).
I just can't get a hold of myself... what's gonna happen now, when the real war has begun?
Jan 22, 2012 10:06 PM

Sep 2008
Was expecting the gun to be empty. The queen wouldn't be stupid enough to have it loaded and let a prisoner in to do as they please.

Probably my favourite Break Blade movie so far.
Feb 10, 2012 2:15 PM

Jun 2010
It's even copying Gundam in the unbelievable portrayal of soldiers; all overly emotional, thoughtless, and in a hurry to get killed.

I'm not very impressed with Sigyn's kindness to Cleo. She offered the girl a cup of a tea in exchange for helping Krisna's army kill her comrades more effectively (with the implied threat that being given back to the military would be unpleasent). Cleo's response was the proper one as a good soldier; finally she does something right!

I find that giant breasts make any scene difficult to take seriously.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Broken Blade 3

aSt3R - Aug 30, 2010

23 by Hero_kun »»
Feb 12, 2011 2:10 PM

» Break Blade 3 Trailer

AmberFebruary - Sep 20, 2010

2 by thb »»
Oct 1, 2010 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.