Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2007 8:38 AM

Oct 2006
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />And so after a few months, episode 4 is released. Hopefully the next ones will come faster ^_^

Anyway, good ep. Not much tension moments though. It's nice to see how Abe can manipulate the game to his favor... This show is actually getting me interested in Baseball.
Looking forward to the next ep.
Jul 18, 2007 8:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yep, was a good ep.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 18, 2007 4:11 PM

Jan 2007
Good episode indeed. Its great that we are getting to see an actual game. I'm glad that there is another person on the other team that understands Mihashi. Anyways, looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 18, 2007 5:42 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
FINALLY got this episode subbed. Woot. Great episode like everyone else said. I hope Abe doesn't become overconfident and fuck up the game.
Jul 18, 2007 10:12 PM

Nov 2006
I loved this ep, rewatched it with subs and got a tad more than with the RAW/summary afterwards.

Momoe is INTENSE, I love her to pieces. She's probably one of my favs in the show besides Mihashi. So strong and determined :)

I am really liking Kanou (guy on Mihoshi that doesn't underestimate Mihashi)...I hope he plays a large part in the next ep.

Can't WAIT for more.
Jul 19, 2007 6:09 PM

Jul 2007
mmhmm it might of been a few months of waiting but maybe now Saizen will start subbing this show at a more consistent speed (fingers crossed), I really want Mihashi's team to win, he needs to get a little more confidence.
Hopefully the next episode won't be to far away^^,
Dec 29, 2007 9:23 PM

Oct 2007
ahhh such a good episode. each episode is just amazing so far.

kanou gets points for not being anti-mihashi and actually understanding his pitching style.

oh, and if abe werent a character on the show i would be SOOOooo lost with all the baseball related stuff. I love how he analyzes each pitcher, he reminds me a lot of inui from prince of tennis in that way, and i love it.

mihashi is growing on me. his personality is weak but i like him still.

oh, and the coach just rocks. yeahhh =)
May 17, 2009 2:39 AM

Jul 2008
Good episode, nothing special but a nice display of baseball from both squads.
Apr 8, 2010 3:20 PM

Feb 2008
I'm glad to see that the relief pitcher at least understood that he didn't deserve to be ace. I think its pretty clear that Hatake was the reason the team lost for 3 years, too bad their coach sucked too much to notice and remove him before he destroyed the Ace's confidence :/
Oct 16, 2010 8:12 PM

Sep 2008
Lelouch Lamperouge vs. Okazaki Tomoya is an exciting battle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2010 9:59 PM

Jul 2008
Fukuyama Jun your voice why does it have such a ridiculous effect on me what is this

I'm liking this show a lot so far. I really enjoy baseball :D

BEGINNER
Sep 16, 2013 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
jacobpaige said:
I'm glad to see that the relief pitcher at least understood that he didn't deserve to be ace. I think its pretty clear that Hatake was the reason the team lost for 3 years, too bad their coach sucked too much to notice and remove him before he destroyed the Ace's confidence :/

Actually you cannot say that Kanou doesn't "deserve" to be the Ace, he qualifies, but that catcher was so bad that he couldn't bring in Mihashi's full power. If they were smart, they should've used Kanou as the end game pitcher, his fork is not a joke, only Tajima with exceptional baseball sense was able to hit it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 5, 2014 2:03 AM

Aug 2009
good episode! I'm glad to see Mihashi get excited about the game and realized that his teammates are there for him. that was great. I want him to become more confident in his pitching. once he does, he'll be unstoppable!

Jun 28, 2014 5:26 AM

Mar 2008
okay so this anime is about baseball but they aren't explaining shit for beginners (I've never in my life played baseball so I need some explanations and I thought I'd find it here). Now I guess I have to inform myself because apparently this anime is made for people who already know how it works... @.@
I'm disappointed tbh because for me a good sports series is beginner-friendly (like Haikyuu or Baby Steps recently), this one just throws me right into the game and expects me to understand everything..
Jun 30, 2014 5:30 PM

Apr 2014
Watching the dub makes the baseball bits less headache-inducing 'cause they absorb audially in my first language. Wahhh =~=

precious said:
okay so this anime is about baseball but they aren't explaining shit for beginners (I've never in my life played baseball so I need some explanations and I thought I'd find it here). Now I guess I have to inform myself because apparently this anime is made for people who already know how it works... @.@
I'm disappointed tbh because for me a good sports series is beginner-friendly (like Haikyuu or Baby Steps recently), this one just throws me right into the game and expects me to understand everything.

Woah, woah, really? I've never considered Haikyuu!! to be very thorough in its explainations. At least as far as the anime (up to 13) goes. Anyways, Haikyuu!! and Baby Steps are both shounen (for kids to teens) while Oofuri is seinen (teens to adults) -- expectations for the reader are different. Plus, baseball is Japan's national sport.

I think you'd have to be as big a baseball nerd as Abe to comprehend all of it. That's OK, though, 'cause (as I've learned) baseball is immensely psychological. Anyways, Japanese yakyuu has a few differences from baseball elsewhere... is what I've heard. I went into Oofuri with minimal understanding of baseball (1. three swings or misses in strike zone = out, 2. hit ball, run around bases, back to home = 1 point, 3. something about balls??) but still learned a lot over the course of the show from context and Abe's analyzing.

It's a tough hurdle at first, but I think you'll find it rewarding to stay with. And the character development is amazing anyways.
Mar 31, 2015 11:28 AM

Feb 2015
katsup said:
kanou gets points for not being anti-mihashi and actually understanding his pitching style.

oh, and if abe werent a character on the show i would be SOOOooo lost with all the baseball related stuff. I love how he analyzes each pitcher, he reminds me a lot of inui from prince of tennis in that way, and i love it.

mihashi is growing on me. his personality is weak but i like him still.

oh, and the coach just rocks. yeahhh =)

all this.
Sep 10, 2015 9:39 AM

Jul 2013
Nice episode.I love how Mihashi was able to pitch well in the first inning,especially against that catcher that bad mouthed him.So the pitcher on the other team didn't think it was favoritism that Mihashi got the ace number? That's interesting but now that I think about it that seems to be a very Mihashi like thing for him to say he got it because of favouritism.He lacks so much confidence in himself that he doesn't even acknowledge how hard he works at developing his skills as a pitcher and that's kinda sad.I also loved that scene of him realizing that he wasn't alone and his teammates were there supporting him and how it seemed to encourage him.
Feb 8, 2019 6:19 PM

Feb 2013
He is pitching great so far, I wasn't expecting it.
Apr 15, 2019 7:36 PM

Mar 2017
Tajimaaa bby!!!!!!!!! ♥

I don't understand though, what did he meant by not winning against Mihashi owo

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jul 19, 2021 8:23 AM

Dec 2020
MEOW MEOWS I LOVE THEM SM

pitcher from mihashi's old school feels inferior to mihashi? would like to see more on that part of his view
Apr 27, 9:17 AM
Jun 2022
His Old School Team Analysis Of MC Pitches Was Amusing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 8 Discussion

Trie - Aug 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 11, 2007

32 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 6 Discussion

zq - Dec 11, 2007

19 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 3 Discussion

Kayrhandros - May 25, 2007

30 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.