Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 4, 2010 5:12 AM

Jul 2008
I agree the whole scene was unnecessary and another example of this show damn near destroying Mikoto's reputation by making her look like a complete IDIOT at times.

What did Mikoto do wrong here? A guy came and started yelling nonsense at her. Not knowing that some magicians were involved (not knowing that they even exist probably) she thought he meant that he doesn't want her to get hurt in this contest.

One of the big reasons why I came to like Railgun more than Index, is because Mikoto is a completely different person when she's not around Touma, she's more badass, she more down to earth, and overall she's a better character when she's not acting like an overused Tsundere.

Mikoto is a tsundere. And a tsundere is a tough girl who gets a 180 turn when a guy she likes appears.

I don't mind the occasional blushing scene between them, but that was VERY ridiculous.

A shame that Touma's monologue from Ln wasn't here: there Touma thought she was being affected by the spell because of her face going all red and sweaty XD
Dec 4, 2010 5:54 AM

Oct 2010
Nayrael said:
A shame that Touma's monologue from Ln wasn't here: there Touma thought she was being affected by the spell because of her face going all red and sweaty XD
Ok! So what else they omitted from the LN in this episode because that monologue would save a lot from the ridiculous like some people think that scene was.

I also agree with you about the reactions of Mikoto being as they are precisely because she is a Tsundere, I have seen too many animes where no matter who much anyone complains, the formula will not abide by their bitching. It will always be used on girls who are Tsundere.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 4, 2010 8:01 AM

Mar 2009
uhm, I really enjoed this :D
Dec 4, 2010 8:54 AM

May 2007
I'm totally watching this show for the plot.

Dec 4, 2010 9:12 AM

Jan 2010
lol.. Misaka's face was bright red.. and it looked like she was expecting a kiss roflmao xD..

Anyway, the episode was great, and if Tsuchimikado could use magic, I thnk he would be a great character. Oriana looked pretty powerful to me.
Dec 4, 2010 10:32 AM

Apr 2008
Once again Touma proves his inability to convey a message with words.

Tsundere service was uncalled for.
Dec 4, 2010 11:46 AM

Mar 2010
This series is getting stupider and stupider.. storys barely progressed at all, just pure fanservice and biribiri acting tarded. Not to mention Toumas inability to speak apparently..
MoonFoxDec 4, 2010 12:22 PM
Dec 4, 2010 12:25 PM

Jan 2009
Oh, dat OP <3
And Touma's intuition seems to be great. First thing that happens is that Oriana vanishes, Touma picks a seemingly random flight of stairs and then heads down a random alley and Boom, he finds her again.
Oh and Tsuchimikado looked somewhat distressed for the first time evar when they were running from the blocks of ice falling from the ceiling. Cool.

And, Kongo ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Also, Fukiyose (屮゚Д゚)屮
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 4, 2010 3:12 PM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:
Oh, dat OP <3
And Touma's intuition seems to be great. First thing that happens is that Oriana vanishes, Touma picks a seemingly random flight of stairs and then heads down a random alley and Boom, he finds her again.
Oh and Tsuchimikado looked somewhat distressed for the first time evar when they were running from the blocks of ice falling from the ceiling. Cool.

And, Kongo ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Also, Fukiyose (屮゚Д゚)屮

Damn, why I always laugh when I read your posts? xD
Dec 4, 2010 3:47 PM

Aug 2009
Poor Fukiyose. It looks like they wasted the money on last episode or something. The animation for this episode was bad.
SoFarGoneDec 4, 2010 3:51 PM
Dec 4, 2010 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
That's because her love is not affecting her, maybe that's why you don't like Touma around Mikoto, it shows a side of Mikoto that is nothing of her badass side at all.

I don't mind the Touma x Mikoto moments, but this one was really idiotic and BADLY executed, it's like any other typical Tsundere moment from the other ONE MILLION anime that everyone has already seen...

IN MY OPINION, Mikoto is NOT a good tsundere, it just doesn't fit her character, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I don't like tsunderes, I'm just saying that Mikoto is wasted as a "tsundere character".

She's too strong and badass to be acting like a stupid, weak little girl....it annoys me to see her like that.

Nayrael said:
What did Mikoto do wrong here? A guy came and started yelling nonsense at her. Not knowing that some magicians were involved (not knowing that they even exist probably) she thought he meant that he doesn't want her to get hurt in this contest.

She could've realized that it was a serious situation and stopped acting like a little girl who is LOVESICK, and taken a different approach...

Again I must state that her tsundere characteristics on this show make her look WEAK and are totally unnecessary for a Level 5 user.

I'm not saying she isn't allowed to fall in love, it's just her Tsundere attitude that almost RUIN her character at certain times.....SUCH AS THIS!!!

Railgun was about fun and fanservice, HOWEVER I want to watch Index II for:

TAB said:
Dec 4, 2010 4:24 PM

Feb 2010
alex, accept it, that's how Mikoto's character is.
It's that way in the novels, in the manga, in the anime. No difference. Also it's one of her characteristics I really like her for.
Dec 4, 2010 4:29 PM

Nov 2007
not bad, a little bit much explaining but that's index. poor Fukiyose, but she'll be ok she has huge boobs and all. haha at him being too concerned with Misaka to notice the other pole. good moments with them. the less Index the better.
Dec 4, 2010 6:41 PM

Jun 2008
I know this Oriana is supposed to be the bad guy but she not only hot but awesome too. She really is tough cookie. A lot better at being the antagonist than the loli nun.

Touma should get a "i am stupid" prize. Hasn't he grasped the whole ability of his arm after using it for so many times? Why is he standing there watching like an idiot instead of immediately running and touching the girl. And instead of straight touching her, he lifts her up first with his other arm holds her and then touches her. Yeah take your time moron, is not like her body is being destroyed by the second. Oh wait...
How amusing will be if she died because of two seconds more damage that she could take.

Also this:
Wasabi said:
The whole scene with Misaka and Touma was just plain ass stupid as hell. Instead of repeating "IT'S DANGEROUS OVER THERE COME OVER HERE" multiple times, Touma could've just said "DON'T TOUCH THAT MOTHERFUCKING POLE" and just ran up to it and checked it which will inevitably result in Fukiyose not getting pwned. But of course, for the sake of pandering to the audience, they had to showcase Misaka's tsundere at least once.

What the hell Touma? Just tell her not to touch the fucking pole, is that really so hard to say?
Dec 4, 2010 6:48 PM

Jun 2009
YEX said:
That hot woman thomson is really good at setting traps!!

So she'll turn out to be a man.
Dec 4, 2010 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
Ahhh, what a good nap. I look forward to next week's too. ZzzzzzZzzz...
Dec 4, 2010 9:28 PM

May 2007
Anyone else remember when Misaka could actually fend for herself, yeah, she is quite useless in this arc...

Otherwise I am really enjoying it.
My anime list
Dec 4, 2010 9:49 PM
Jun 2008
I missing something important in the episode...yet I do not know what it is.

Maybe my biggest question is what is the porpuse of shorthand...and it is place in the school
MorningGloryDec 4, 2010 10:17 PM
Dec 4, 2010 11:58 PM
Nov 2009
Monad said:
I know this Oriana is supposed to be the bad guy but she not only hot but awesome too. She really is tough cookie. A lot better at being the antagonist than the loli nun.

Touma should get a "i am stupid" prize. Hasn't he grasped the whole ability of his arm after using it for so many times? Why is he standing there watching like an idiot instead of immediately running and touching the girl. And instead of straight touching her, he lifts her up first with his other arm holds her and then touches her. Yeah take your time moron, is not like her body is being destroyed by the second. Oh wait...
How amusing will be if she died because of two seconds more damage that she could take.

Also this:
Wasabi said:
The whole scene with Misaka and Touma was just plain ass stupid as hell. Instead of repeating "IT'S DANGEROUS OVER THERE COME OVER HERE" multiple times, Touma could've just said "DON'T TOUCH THAT MOTHERFUCKING POLE" and just ran up to it and checked it which will inevitably result in Fukiyose not getting pwned. But of course, for the sake of pandering to the audience, they had to showcase Misaka's tsundere at least once.

What the hell Touma? Just tell her not to touch the fucking pole, is that really so hard to say?

AGREE 100% like holy asdasdsdgdfg my god just tell her not to touch the god damn pole but no he goes DONT ASK ANY QUESTIONS AND COME OVER HERE PLEASE
Dec 5, 2010 1:00 AM

Sep 2009
Things are really starting to pick up.

Also...that's one crazy competition.
Dec 5, 2010 1:06 AM

Aug 2010
Touma is kind of a dumbass. You'd think by now he wouldn't need to be constantly reminded that he can dispel shit. People are writhing in pain, he's just mouth-breathing a few yards away wondering what in the world he could do to help.

EDIT: I did like the outfits Index and the pink-hair loli sensei were wearing, though. They need more of that teacher in the show. What can I say? I'm not hiding it.
ThillygoothDec 5, 2010 1:19 AM
Dec 5, 2010 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
Yumekichi11 said:
That's because her love is not affecting her, maybe that's why you don't like Touma around Mikoto, it shows a side of Mikoto that is nothing of her badass side at all.

I don't mind the Touma x Mikoto moments, but this one was really idiotic and BADLY executed, it's like any other typical Tsundere moment from the other ONE MILLION anime that everyone has already seen...

You know when I think about it, it was enjoyable at first but felt eventually awkward and did kind leave with something like you say. I kind of like the design of Mikoto so to me her tsundere is quite unique because of her design but I leave to you if you can find another girl that does resemble to Mikoto.
alexcampos said:
IN MY OPINION, Mikoto is NOT a good tsundere, it just doesn't fit her character, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I don't like tsunderes, I'm just saying that Mikoto is wasted as a "tsundere character".

I will agree with this but somehow feel her design might be hard to adapt to other types, in any case is she the only one with a tsundere character in this season?
alexcampos said:
She's too strong and badass to be acting like a stupid, weak little girl....it annoys me to see her like that.
I will agree with that one for sure. They could have done better in this case.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 5, 2010 3:08 AM
Jun 2008
alexcampos said:

IN MY OPINION, Mikoto is NOT a good tsundere

IN MY OPINION, when the word tsundere is used too many time.People tend to think the word will lose it spark( meaning many people rape the word and it lose its virginity)..
Dec 5, 2010 7:30 AM

Feb 2009
Enjoyable episode but details are sure lacking a bit about what's really happening.
Details are kinda short about why they went there, what happened to Styl and what's the purpose of that Short Hand that I don't fully feel the distress that they're feeling.
But we got some good Misaka blushing and Touma getting pushed around in that warehouse by Styl was hilarious.
Dec 5, 2010 9:53 AM

Sep 2007
MorningGlory said:
alexcampos said:

IN MY OPINION, Mikoto is NOT a good tsundere

IN MY OPINION, when the word tsundere is used too many time.People tend to think the word will lose it spark( meaning many people rape the word and it lose its virginity)..

And this pertains to Mikoto how? She's a tsundere. There's no word raping going on. What are you even on about?
Dec 5, 2010 11:01 AM

Aug 2008
Love Misaka and her deredere moments.
Tsuchimikado is starting to grow on me.
Dec 5, 2010 12:38 PM
Dec 2007
Since a lot of you guys fail to hear the long-winded explanation, here's a short one: That little piece of paper was what almost killed Stiyl when he tried to use a spell to search for Orianna. Destroying it allows them to magically search for Orianna again but more importantly, since it could potentially react to touch and harm people, they needed to hurry and neutralize them before people would accidentally touch it. The whole reason she put it at a place with lots of potential victims and hard to access was to buy herself more time.

Just as a sidenote, Espers are strong and gifted individuals but they are not particularly resistant to magic. So it's not a matter of whether they are strong or not, it's just a whole different ballgame. Magic was created because of the fear and envy humans felt of Espers after alll.

Dec 5, 2010 5:17 PM

Jan 2008
Rage face is awesome!
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 5, 2010 6:05 PM
Mar 2010
darkerealm said:
Love Misaka and her deredere moments.
Tsuchimikado is starting to grow on me.

I thought he was such an ass until he bled ;; Finally the magic and the science side is somewhat intervening. Now to watch some Falcon Punches and blushing.
Dec 5, 2010 6:13 PM

Apr 2010
He should've just punched Mikoto in the face instead of telling her to get away from the pole.

That's the only thing he's good at, anyways.
Dec 5, 2010 10:29 PM

Oct 2009
Priceless MisakaXTouma moment XD
I hope Touma won't punch Oriana's sexy face :\
And yeah Touma could have just told Misaka to not to touch the pole..-_-
Poor Fukiyose...
Dec 6, 2010 7:19 PM

Nov 2010
Good episode, in my opinion the competition between the middle schools was pretty intense how the hell do they allow that.

Also that Touma and Misaka moment was awesome, she turned so red it was cute..
Cant wait till the next episode, time for Touma to punch someone with his Imagine Breaker.
Dec 6, 2010 8:26 PM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:

And we looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove them for it!

alexcampos said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Nayrael said:

She could've realized that it was a serious situation and stopped acting like a little girl who is LOVESICK, and taken a different approach...

Again I must state that her tsundere characteristics on this show make her look WEAK and are totally unnecessary for a Level 5 user.

I'm not saying she isn't allowed to fall in love, it's just her Tsundere attitude that almost RUIN her character at certain times.....SUCH AS THIS!!!

Railgun was about fun and fanservice, HOWEVER I want to watch Index II for:

TAB said:

But that's what's so cardiac-arrest-inducingly adorable about her! That someone so strong and confident can get so flustered :D :D :D :D
Reminds us that she's still young

Mod edit: Please edit your posts instead of double posting.
KimuraDec 7, 2010 11:48 AM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Dec 7, 2010 2:52 AM

Dec 2007
mitamaking said:
Anyone else remember when Misaka could actually fend for herself, yeah, she is quite useless in this arc...

Remember how in the episode she saves Touma by shooting her railgun at the falling beam? No? Oh, well then that explains your comment. Misaka is clearly able to fend for herself. From espers. She is absolutely clueless about magic at this point I'm pretty sure.
Dec 7, 2010 12:55 PM

Aug 2009
Damn, I want to play that ball game once.
Dec 8, 2010 12:48 AM

Jun 2010
Meddigo said:
mitamaking said:

Remember how in the episode she saves Touma by shooting her railgun at the falling beam? No? Oh, well then that explains your comment. Misaka is clearly able to fend for herself. From espers. She is absolutely clueless about magic at this point I'm pretty sure.

Correct. At the moment, she's unaware magic exists, and has no need to know it exists. She's the third strongest esper though, so when it's an esper vs esper battle, she can fend for herself fine.
Dec 9, 2010 12:24 PM

May 2010
Sartaj said:
Meddigo said:
mitamaking said:

Correct. At the moment, she's unaware magic exists, and has no need to know it exists. She's the third strongest esper though, so when it's an esper vs esper battle, she can fend for herself fine.

She killed that rock golem in season one...

I am pretty sure she is capable of defending herself.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 9, 2010 10:57 PM
Dec 2007
Confucius said:

She killed that rock golem in season one...

I am pretty sure she is capable of defending herself.
Depends on the type of magic that's thrown at her. She wouldn't be any good against magic that's not upfront and physical due to the fact her own powers are very upfront themselves and her way of fighting lacks much strategy, at least by what we've been shown so far in Index and Railgun.

Dec 10, 2010 6:36 AM
Jan 2008
can't defend something that you can't see. unless you are like accelerator that can deflect anything that comes at him.
Dec 10, 2010 5:06 PM

Oct 2009
damn... Fukiyose... why!? ;_;
Also, what kind of competition was that!? 200 vs 20?

Review here

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Dec 12, 2010 10:58 PM

May 2009
great episode! of course Index is clueless again and Touma is still not explaining anything to Misaka. Fukiyose is now infected with some sort of spell and Tsumikado didn't even know where he was at the time, oh yeah and Stiyl is like almost dead xD anyway looking forward to the next episode hopefully Misaka actually gets some info about the situation!
Jan 6, 2011 7:04 PM

Aug 2008
Hm, you have the reflexes to push someone out of the way of a falling pole, but for some reason totally freeze when you see it about to fall on you, makes sense. Then instead of telling someone "don't touch that or you'll burst into flames!" he says "don't stand there or something bad will happen, come to me and I'll explain." that was just a poorly executed set up for Touma to lay on top of Misaka. How come Touma didn't just run around and punch every pole? It's not like his power has some kind of limitation to it. What a ridiculous ending...
Jan 7, 2011 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
misaka doing some crazy blushing...they should hurry up ad kill off index. nobody will complain.
Feb 13, 2011 6:15 PM
Nov 2010
this arc is so much better than the anglican + mugen vs catholic + loli nuns
Mar 8, 2011 9:01 AM
Jun 2010
YAY MISAKAS FACElol
Mar 9, 2011 1:27 PM

Jul 2010
That scene where Touma tried to get Misaka away from that pole went on way too long. In the end it wasn't even that pole! xD

Go get that bitch Touma!

Apr 7, 2011 10:37 AM

Mar 2011
I really liked the Touma and Misaki interactions in this episode. I love how even if she is a Level 5 human weapon, she's still only a 14/15 year old girl with all the emotional instability that entails! Just because she's physically strong doesn't mean that shes mentally or emotionally strong!
Apr 18, 2011 8:25 AM

Feb 2011
oh my touma gives a false hope to the other girl plus didn't save the right one in dangered... tsk tsk tsk..
May 10, 2011 1:44 AM
Jul 2010
EternalDreamer said:
Wasabi said:
Exactly my thought^^
Touma really isn't the most brilliant guy, I mean for instance he got one useful trait, to dispel magic and esper abilities. But people still need to bloody remind him to use it all the time -.-'

The whole episode was filled with unnecessary forced scenes imho and there was just way too much hypocrite Touma screen time as well.

Bad episode is bad ^^

And what came after that? Touma just freezing their like an idiot, while looking at fukiyose burn in that magical burny thing. After him jumping around like a character straight out from DBZ in ep 7, you'dve thought Touma finally gotten the drill. WHY CAN'T HE JUST UNDERSTAND THAT HE NEEDS TO STFU AND USE HIS RIGHT HAND?
Aug 8, 2011 2:44 PM

Oct 2009
Looks like Touma is getting his fist warmed up for another giant punch. Misaka x Touma moments are always the best.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.