Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 19, 2010 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
Oh, new OP, awesome. Which is many times better than the first one btw.
Though the first one did actually fit the creepy theme of the anime by sounding pretty creepy too.
Other than that, lolNatsuno'sfather.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 19, 2010 2:40 PM

Jun 2010
lo-chan said:
I don't know how many people likes Megumi, i can not stand her -.-'
This

noteDhero said:
Saku_Chan said:
... So yaoi...

No.

And this too for good measure.

Anyway, this episode felt alot more focused than the others, maybe that is just because i was watching it after the break but the story seems to be developing alot better.

It won't give up it wants me dead god damn this noise inside my head
Oct 19, 2010 3:05 PM

May 2010
Saku_Chan said:
... So yaoi...

I didn't really care for the Natsuno/Tohru pairing at first but I was recently looking up Shiki pictures and there were so many of those two that it's impossible to not love them together.
Oct 19, 2010 3:05 PM

May 2010
Saku_Chan said:
... So yaoi...

I didn't really care for the Natsuno/Tohru pairing at first but I was recently looking up Shiki pictures and there were so many of those two that it's impossible to not love them together.
Oct 19, 2010 9:55 PM

Aug 2010
ROFL the lesson from the episode...Dads are slow....

"oh yeah, she died" XD
Oct 20, 2010 8:57 AM

May 2010
Natsuno's dad is baka desu XD haha

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Oct 20, 2010 12:06 PM

Dec 2009
kch33 said:
Natsuno's dad is baka desu XD haha

He is not stupid,but damn he made the wrong choice xD
He didn't belive Akira and Kaori .... that's the point nya nya x3

Oct 20, 2010 12:55 PM

Jan 2008
They're all stupid and/or plain stubborn. If Natsuno was intending to fight them in the first place (preparing those crosses and wooden stake and hammer) then he would have known that he'd face off against his dead friend. But instead he choose to give it all up for the sake of someone he cared about...even though he kills people. Natsuno had the chance to fight back even after being attacked once, and he threw it away...quite literally. I don't care if they are friends/family/loved ones...if they're dead, they're dead, and need to stay dead...especially if they're the ones killing people in the first place. If that happened to me, not matter what my feelings are towards them, I'd be whipping out the charms, arrows, crosses, and wooden stakes...and if possible, get my hands on some holy water.

Akira and Kaori are stupid for not adhering Natsuno's warning to leave, because there's not much they can do with everyone being stuck up pricks with shit for brains.

...especially Natsuno's father...he's the most narrow minded person of all. People are dieing left and right, and the two things that could be happening is either a more scientific epidemic, or superstitious okiagari: if it was an epidemic, with the spread being most likely airborne, why leave the !@#$ing window open!? even someone with HIV/AIDs can die from a common cold...and not sending Natsuno to a larger hospital despite his objections. If it was the okiagari (more precisely shiki) then it'd explain everything, but he didn't want to even play it safe by putting out the agnostic card. Even after seeing what has happened like all their symptoms to the previous people that died that's happening to Natsuno, his father does nothing expect being a prick by lying the honest kids (who looked nothing like that pale creepy little girl) and throw away their stuff...I rather have someone who'd be an honest ass to me than be two-faced and take my gift only to throw it away.
Oct 20, 2010 1:59 PM

Nov 2008
4kicks said:
They're all stupid and/or plain stubborn. If Natsuno was intending to fight them in the first place (preparing those crosses and wooden stake and hammer) then he would have known that he'd face off against his dead friend. But instead he choose to give it all up for the sake of someone he cared about...even though he kills people. Natsuno had the chance to fight back even after being attacked once, and he threw it away...quite literally. I don't care if they are friends/family/loved ones...if they're dead, they're dead, and need to stay dead...especially if they're the ones killing people in the first place. If that happened to me, not matter what my feelings are towards them, I'd be whipping out the charms, arrows, crosses, and wooden stakes...and if possible, get my hands on some holy water.

Could you really do that? I mean, imagine someone precious to you (for ex. your mother) going all strange and all... you know that this person is a vampire, but now imagine yourself killing it with a wooden stake. And it's not even like shooting someone, if you wanna go through the chest, you have to use a lot of force. I think normal human being, that is not under extremal cicustances (ok, you're gettin attacked by a vampire, but not tortured or so, it's a different level of threathen, this can't give you a boody rampage) would be anxious about doing this to even some stranger, not mentioning anyone closer.
Even if you don't agree, the way Natsuno is behaving is his character. He's kind of eccentric and very introvertic, but also just too kind. He has his own ways, too, so sometimes he seems to be cold and angry on everythig, but I think it's just what his conscience tells him to do. Plus, Tooru is the only person he made friends with, someone precious, maybe even more than his family (he doesen't seem to be close to his mother and father much).
Oct 21, 2010 1:35 AM

Dec 2009
Snowley said:
4kicks said:

Could you really do that? I mean, imagine someone precious to you (for ex. your mother) going all strange and all... you know that this person is a vampire, but now imagine yourself killing it with a wooden stake. And it's not even like shooting someone, if you wanna go through the chest, you have to use a lot of force. I think normal human being, that is not under extremal cicustances (ok, you're gettin attacked by a vampire, but not tortured or so, it's a different level of threathen, this can't give you a boody rampage) would be anxious about doing this to even some stranger, not mentioning anyone closer.
Even if you don't agree, the way Natsuno is behaving is his character. He's kind of eccentric and very introvertic, but also just too kind. He has his own ways, too, so sometimes he seems to be cold and angry on everythig, but I think it's just what his conscience tells him to do. Plus, Tooru is the only person he made friends with, someone precious, maybe even more than his family (he doesen't seem to be close to his mother and father much).

I agree with you.I don't like cold characters but Natsuno is the first I like.Because he just isn't like he acts he is.He is a really good person.And he send Akira and Kaori home because he cared about them.He didn't want them to turn into vampires.And he didn't give up,he just didn't want to hurt Tohru.He is his only friend.Even if he is "death" he is still there,and he is the same Tohru as he was before.And Tohru didn't allow Megumi to bite Natsuno,I think if I was on Tohru's place I would do the same.With this he showed that shiki's are still human,they have feelings.And even if Natsuno turns into one of them.I think he still will continue to fight them.

Oct 21, 2010 4:11 AM

Jun 2009
I didn't like the new AMV, since the anime is like suspense genre, the 1st AMV fit this - much creepier. I think that Susano kid bit her mom. His dad I think was persuade that the disease was just a joke by Mr. Kirishiki when they met while he was walking his dogs..
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 21, 2010 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
zinvince said:
I didn't like the new AMV, since the anime is like suspense genre, the 1st AMV fit this - much creepier. I think that Susano kid bit her mom. His dad I think was persuade that the disease was just a joke by Mr. Kirishiki when they met while he was walking his dogs..

AMV? I think you mean either the OP or ED (the opening/ending)? "AMV" is a term typically applied to fanvids.
Oct 21, 2010 12:06 PM

Nov 2008
AngelRaf said:
.And even if Natsuno turns into one of them.I think he still will continue to fight them.

That exactly what I'm lookin forward to, a little coup d'etat of a vampire family ;p
Oct 21, 2010 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
i too kind of dislike new op, maybe with time will get to liking it but idk >_>
the 1st one just had this very special feel about it, both music (very fitting this anime imo) & animation and made impression of a unique anime instantly, and just wouldnt get old yet, deff no, while new op's song is pretty much..meh? l=/ animation still kicks though
Oct 21, 2010 4:58 PM

Oct 2009
VillettaIchihara said:
Natsuno, your father's an idiot! Should you become a shiki, please make sure you eat him first!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2010 12:10 PM

Dec 2009
Snowley said:
AngelRaf said:
.And even if Natsuno turns into one of them.I think he still will continue to fight them.

That exactly what I'm lookin forward to, a little coup d'etat of a vampire family ;p

Haha...Well I think/am sure x333 this will happen :)

Oct 22, 2010 1:20 PM

Feb 2009
Natsuno's father: Go jump off a cliff plz. Kthankx. <3
Oct 23, 2010 2:19 AM

Jan 2008
Now what, everyone is turning into corpse now? Are they serious to let us watch all of them die towards the end of the show, without much revolt against that K family? I was hoping Natsuno will be the one, or at least even after he rise again....but then again, it will be futile with the hunger for blood.
Oct 23, 2010 9:06 AM

May 2009
AngelRaf said:
Snowley said:
AngelRaf said:

I sure hope he'll turn into one of those elite vampires that can live in the sunshine too (like Tatsumi). That would kick ass.
Oct 23, 2010 9:48 AM

Dec 2009
viral_hun said:
AngelRaf said:
Snowley said:
AngelRaf said:

I sure hope he'll turn into one of those elite vampires that can live in the sunshine too (like Tatsumi). That would kick ass.

Or he even becomes stronger than Tatsumi :)

Oct 23, 2010 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
I guess that's it for Natsuno huh?

Whatever, this show has a good story, but HORRIBLE characters....
Oct 23, 2010 4:26 PM

Apr 2010
alexcampos said:
I guess that's it for Natsuno huh?

Whatever, this show has a good story, but HORRIBLE characters....

Agreed. The story had me at the first episode, but it just doesn't seem to able to focus on one character since they all turn into Okiagari.

Good to see show back though, despite it being a somewhat mediocre, slow pasted episode. The story however is what's making me continue to follow this.
Oct 23, 2010 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
Damn, so it's here already, almost catched up with manga. I wish they were scanlating it faster.
Anyhow, this was great. Especially the moment with Megumi killing Kaori and Akira's dad, much better than in manga.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 23, 2010 6:48 PM

Oct 2007
Since the first episode, I always get the message that Sunako seems to be so different from the other vampires/Shiki but the story says otherwise like she is only just a daughter of a vampire/Shiki. And this episode pointed out something interesting at the table scene at the Kirishiki's house. My point is, why was she sitting at the head of the table and acting like the boss of the Shiki?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 23, 2010 7:24 PM

Aug 2008
I always thought she was the head too. I don't even question it. Won't believe otherwise until the very end.
Oct 23, 2010 8:28 PM

Oct 2007
Well you got a good point. Maybe I should have left the idea of the parents are the head of Shiki long time ago instead of sticking with it. But if that is really the case here, then how come she is the only one who can not go under the sunlight among the original Shiki, or at least as far as we know?

Oct 23, 2010 8:56 PM

Aug 2008
Oh, I really have no clue and could be totally wrong, but I'd guess it has something to do with her being the purest.
Oct 23, 2010 9:43 PM

Oct 2007
It is kinda hard to say what is going on with her because there is just not enough information we can get from her.

Oct 23, 2010 9:57 PM

Aug 2008
There really isn't. But because of the loli princess thing and the way the parents seem to be red-herrings (only talking to 'food' while the little girl messes with the priest) that's what I think.
Oct 24, 2010 1:21 AM

Jun 2009
Spoilah time.

Siva said:
Well you got a good point. Maybe I should have left the idea of the parents are the head of Shiki long time ago instead of sticking with it. But if that is really the case here, then how come she is the only one who can not go under the sunlight among the original Shiki, or at least as far as we know?

noteDhero said:
Oh, I really have no clue and could be totally wrong, but I'd guess it has something to do with her being the purest.

レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 24, 2010 6:58 AM
Sep 2010
natsunu's mother maybe has bees bite

i can't wait

that's all
Oct 24, 2010 9:52 AM

Oct 2007
@OrochiPL: When it comes to a show like this I will avoid any spoiler at any cost. Thx for the effort though : )

Oct 24, 2010 2:21 PM

Mar 2008
What day does this air on now?
Oct 26, 2010 11:46 PM

Jul 2007
Everyone is dying and disappearing, Natsuno is at death's door, and these kids are still worrying about speaking disrespectfully to Natsuno's dad. lol

Though, I didnt think Natsuno would take everything lying down. I guess Natsuno cant resist Tohru's charm :s
TrieOct 26, 2010 11:49 PM
Oct 27, 2010 12:54 AM

Sep 2008
VillettaIchihara said:
Natsuno, your father's an idiot! Should you become a shiki, please make sure you eat him first!!

I strongly agree to this. Seriously he's been pissing me off >.>
The new OP isn't creepy like the first :(
As for the ED I liked the old song better but the naked people are better :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2010 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
Siva said:
It is kinda hard to say what is going on with her because there is just not enough information we can get from her.

Until now they´re following the manga timeline, so i guess we´ll know about Sunako´s past maybe in ep.14/15.

Natsuno´s dad should go to hell, what kind of father leaves his son like that without taking him immediately to the hospital?!Even if it was an epidemic, for god´s sake, after all people who died, was it so hard to take him to a Dr? I wish they had bitten his dad instead of his mom, i bet she wouldn't act like him. poor mom ;_;

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 28, 2010 6:17 AM
Jan 2009
Love the new opening song! So happy it's back on after leaving us like that.

I didn't think they'd get to Natsuno so early on. And what is up with his mother?

Maybe the doc will come up with a new concoction to stave off the hunger so everyone can live together.
Nov 8, 2010 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
So wrong, so wrong...Why did I ever watch American Pie? The only thing that came to my mind at the Natsuno/Tohru "suck my blood" scene was Casanova's "suck me, beautiful" XD
Also, seriously, LOL at translator notes. They weren't deleted, so I got bonus lulpoints from things like:
"Wait, something's not right... {HMM I WONDER.}
That's right. She died! {...Now it clicks.}"
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 9, 2010 3:40 AM

Aug 2009
I like the new opening, but it completely pales in comparison to the first one. New ending is sweeeeet.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Nov 9, 2010 8:35 PM

Mar 2010
Looks to me like I'm the only one who likes the new OP. (^^) Oh, well. Looking forward to the next!
Nov 12, 2010 2:57 PM

Apr 2010
Pheefa said:
I like the new opening, but it completely pales in comparison to the first one. New ending is sweeeeet.

Agreement with this.
And. The. Hell. Is. Natsuno's dad thinking? I mean he threw away the sacred shit; also his wife seemed to have 'that' too!
HE COULD HAVE TAKEN HIM TO THE HOSPITAL.

-sigh-
It pains me to see Natsuno like that. It seems like the two kids, the monk and the doctor may be the only ones alive?
I'm not sure. . . .
Nov 16, 2010 4:54 AM
Nov 2010
It's hard to blame Nats' father because he didn't see anything we the watchers/readers see. Of course he would have his doubts. He didn't see Nats' bite wounds either. And if he did, he would've brushed it off like Ozaki in the first place. And also, remember that Ozaki only arrived at the conviction that shikis exist after seeing many, many cases in which his patients who have died bore the same marked wounds and exhibit the same results in blood tests. Nats' father was close to suspecting the shikis, but his wife, who was already a victim, was probably hypnotised to lower his suspicions. Seishirou also played on the "aren't you a city dweller? shouldn't you be more rational than the rest of the village?" card. About bringing Nats to the hospital, well he already thought about it. He talked to his wife aka NAT'S MOM, but she told him not to worry and that an epidemic is unlikely, that Nats was just tired.

I love the new opening theme. The ending was meh.
Nov 16, 2010 7:51 PM

May 2010
Yay new op. To be honest i hated the last one i guess I like girl singers better.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Dec 9, 2010 3:47 PM

Nov 2007
I've hated Natsuno for a few episodes now, He's so stupid. He keeps saying how he's not going to give up or die and is going to leave the village, but then he keps willingly going out at night and letting himself get bit until he can't move and is barely alive...so stupid. Just stab the guy with the giant stake from inside the window...or don't but stay inside houses at night.He's retarded
Dec 12, 2010 5:19 AM

Sep 2008
I love the new OP and ED. This anime is just too good. I'm glad I waited for a whole ton of episodes to air before starting to marathon it as I'd expected this would happen.
Jan 1, 2011 8:48 PM

Jul 2009
New OP and ED are OK, maybe I'll warm up to them later on :P
Wow ... Natsuno's whole family is going huh? His mom, and looks like his dad too next episode ... ah ... looks like he's gonna die soon ... urgh >_< First part with him and Toru I loved it and hated it at the same time ... D;
Love that I have like 5 episodes to watch now XD
Jan 4, 2011 2:15 PM
Jul 2010
I feel bad about both Natsuno and Toru. I wonder what'll happen to Natsuno though... I don't want him to become a okiagari/vampire/shiki (I don't know what I should call them anymore xD) but it seems things are heading that way. His dad is a total jerk though. Stupid guy. I agree with him that believing in superstitions is lame but not believing in them when things happen right in front of your nose is even worse. Not reasoning his disbelief in those things makes it seem like a preconception of the same level of the superstitions he hates so much! *end of the rant*

Anyway, it seems like Natsuno's mother has been bitten as well so she'll probably be dead soon. Natsuno asked his father to open the window so maybe that means he's already lost control of his actions like the other victims. I mean, I don't believe he'd want to die and I don't think he still has hope of making some kind of deal with Toru so that seems like the only explanation.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to like Megumi. She's not even annoying anymore and her scenes are surprisingly amusing. I loved how she was gonna bite the dumb guy. (Come on, he says hello, talks a bit and only some seconds later realizes that... she should be dead? That was fun. Also, how he kept saying: "I wonder why they only come at night..." Not very sharp are you sir?
Jan 5, 2011 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
Why do adults gotta be assholes sometimes...

I see the 'everyone joins the risen' ending ahead.
Mar 3, 2011 6:06 AM

Feb 2009
Why Natsuno,why?! Is he dumb or what?!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 23, 2011 9:26 AM

Oct 2010
So we get a new opening and ending song. I liked the old ones better. :\
Not really a fan of naked characters in a pool of blood (?).

And, yay! I got my Natsuno/Tohru fix. <3
[insert awesome signature here]
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

190 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.