Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 23, 2010 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
I guess that's it for Natsuno huh?

Whatever, this show has a good story, but HORRIBLE characters....
Oct 23, 2010 4:26 PM

Apr 2010
alexcampos said:
I guess that's it for Natsuno huh?

Whatever, this show has a good story, but HORRIBLE characters....

Agreed. The story had me at the first episode, but it just doesn't seem to able to focus on one character since they all turn into Okiagari.

Good to see show back though, despite it being a somewhat mediocre, slow pasted episode. The story however is what's making me continue to follow this.
Oct 23, 2010 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
Damn, so it's here already, almost catched up with manga. I wish they were scanlating it faster.
Anyhow, this was great. Especially the moment with Megumi killing Kaori and Akira's dad, much better than in manga.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 23, 2010 6:48 PM

Oct 2007
Since the first episode, I always get the message that Sunako seems to be so different from the other vampires/Shiki but the story says otherwise like she is only just a daughter of a vampire/Shiki. And this episode pointed out something interesting at the table scene at the Kirishiki's house. My point is, why was she sitting at the head of the table and acting like the boss of the Shiki?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 23, 2010 7:24 PM

Aug 2008
I always thought she was the head too. I don't even question it. Won't believe otherwise until the very end.
Oct 23, 2010 8:28 PM

Oct 2007
Well you got a good point. Maybe I should have left the idea of the parents are the head of Shiki long time ago instead of sticking with it. But if that is really the case here, then how come she is the only one who can not go under the sunlight among the original Shiki, or at least as far as we know?

Oct 23, 2010 8:56 PM

Aug 2008
Oh, I really have no clue and could be totally wrong, but I'd guess it has something to do with her being the purest.
Oct 23, 2010 9:43 PM

Oct 2007
It is kinda hard to say what is going on with her because there is just not enough information we can get from her.

Oct 23, 2010 9:57 PM

Aug 2008
There really isn't. But because of the loli princess thing and the way the parents seem to be red-herrings (only talking to 'food' while the little girl messes with the priest) that's what I think.
Oct 24, 2010 1:21 AM

Jun 2009
Spoilah time.

Siva said:
Well you got a good point. Maybe I should have left the idea of the parents are the head of Shiki long time ago instead of sticking with it. But if that is really the case here, then how come she is the only one who can not go under the sunlight among the original Shiki, or at least as far as we know?

noteDhero said:
Oh, I really have no clue and could be totally wrong, but I'd guess it has something to do with her being the purest.

レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 24, 2010 6:58 AM
Sep 2010
natsunu's mother maybe has bees bite

i can't wait

that's all
Oct 24, 2010 9:52 AM

Oct 2007
@OrochiPL: When it comes to a show like this I will avoid any spoiler at any cost. Thx for the effort though : )

Oct 24, 2010 2:21 PM

Mar 2008
What day does this air on now?
Oct 26, 2010 11:46 PM

Jul 2007
Everyone is dying and disappearing, Natsuno is at death's door, and these kids are still worrying about speaking disrespectfully to Natsuno's dad. lol

Though, I didnt think Natsuno would take everything lying down. I guess Natsuno cant resist Tohru's charm :s
TrieOct 26, 2010 11:49 PM
Oct 27, 2010 12:54 AM

Sep 2008
VillettaIchihara said:
Natsuno, your father's an idiot! Should you become a shiki, please make sure you eat him first!!

I strongly agree to this. Seriously he's been pissing me off >.>
The new OP isn't creepy like the first :(
As for the ED I liked the old song better but the naked people are better :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2010 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
Siva said:
It is kinda hard to say what is going on with her because there is just not enough information we can get from her.

Until now they´re following the manga timeline, so i guess we´ll know about Sunako´s past maybe in ep.14/15.

Natsuno´s dad should go to hell, what kind of father leaves his son like that without taking him immediately to the hospital?!Even if it was an epidemic, for god´s sake, after all people who died, was it so hard to take him to a Dr? I wish they had bitten his dad instead of his mom, i bet she wouldn't act like him. poor mom ;_;

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 28, 2010 6:17 AM
Jan 2009
Love the new opening song! So happy it's back on after leaving us like that.

I didn't think they'd get to Natsuno so early on. And what is up with his mother?

Maybe the doc will come up with a new concoction to stave off the hunger so everyone can live together.
Nov 8, 2010 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
So wrong, so wrong...Why did I ever watch American Pie? The only thing that came to my mind at the Natsuno/Tohru "suck my blood" scene was Casanova's "suck me, beautiful" XD
Also, seriously, LOL at translator notes. They weren't deleted, so I got bonus lulpoints from things like:
"Wait, something's not right... {HMM I WONDER.}
That's right. She died! {...Now it clicks.}"
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 9, 2010 3:40 AM

Aug 2009
I like the new opening, but it completely pales in comparison to the first one. New ending is sweeeeet.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Nov 9, 2010 8:35 PM

Mar 2010
Looks to me like I'm the only one who likes the new OP. (^^) Oh, well. Looking forward to the next!
Nov 12, 2010 2:57 PM

Apr 2010
Pheefa said:
I like the new opening, but it completely pales in comparison to the first one. New ending is sweeeeet.

Agreement with this.
And. The. Hell. Is. Natsuno's dad thinking? I mean he threw away the sacred shit; also his wife seemed to have 'that' too!
HE COULD HAVE TAKEN HIM TO THE HOSPITAL.

-sigh-
It pains me to see Natsuno like that. It seems like the two kids, the monk and the doctor may be the only ones alive?
I'm not sure. . . .
Nov 16, 2010 4:54 AM
Nov 2010
It's hard to blame Nats' father because he didn't see anything we the watchers/readers see. Of course he would have his doubts. He didn't see Nats' bite wounds either. And if he did, he would've brushed it off like Ozaki in the first place. And also, remember that Ozaki only arrived at the conviction that shikis exist after seeing many, many cases in which his patients who have died bore the same marked wounds and exhibit the same results in blood tests. Nats' father was close to suspecting the shikis, but his wife, who was already a victim, was probably hypnotised to lower his suspicions. Seishirou also played on the "aren't you a city dweller? shouldn't you be more rational than the rest of the village?" card. About bringing Nats to the hospital, well he already thought about it. He talked to his wife aka NAT'S MOM, but she told him not to worry and that an epidemic is unlikely, that Nats was just tired.

I love the new opening theme. The ending was meh.
Nov 16, 2010 7:51 PM

May 2010
Yay new op. To be honest i hated the last one i guess I like girl singers better.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Dec 9, 2010 3:47 PM

Nov 2007
I've hated Natsuno for a few episodes now, He's so stupid. He keeps saying how he's not going to give up or die and is going to leave the village, but then he keps willingly going out at night and letting himself get bit until he can't move and is barely alive...so stupid. Just stab the guy with the giant stake from inside the window...or don't but stay inside houses at night.He's retarded
Dec 12, 2010 5:19 AM

Sep 2008
I love the new OP and ED. This anime is just too good. I'm glad I waited for a whole ton of episodes to air before starting to marathon it as I'd expected this would happen.
Jan 1, 2011 8:48 PM

Jul 2009
New OP and ED are OK, maybe I'll warm up to them later on :P
Wow ... Natsuno's whole family is going huh? His mom, and looks like his dad too next episode ... ah ... looks like he's gonna die soon ... urgh >_< First part with him and Toru I loved it and hated it at the same time ... D;
Love that I have like 5 episodes to watch now XD
Jan 4, 2011 2:15 PM
Jul 2010
I feel bad about both Natsuno and Toru. I wonder what'll happen to Natsuno though... I don't want him to become a okiagari/vampire/shiki (I don't know what I should call them anymore xD) but it seems things are heading that way. His dad is a total jerk though. Stupid guy. I agree with him that believing in superstitions is lame but not believing in them when things happen right in front of your nose is even worse. Not reasoning his disbelief in those things makes it seem like a preconception of the same level of the superstitions he hates so much! *end of the rant*

Anyway, it seems like Natsuno's mother has been bitten as well so she'll probably be dead soon. Natsuno asked his father to open the window so maybe that means he's already lost control of his actions like the other victims. I mean, I don't believe he'd want to die and I don't think he still has hope of making some kind of deal with Toru so that seems like the only explanation.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to like Megumi. She's not even annoying anymore and her scenes are surprisingly amusing. I loved how she was gonna bite the dumb guy. (Come on, he says hello, talks a bit and only some seconds later realizes that... she should be dead? That was fun. Also, how he kept saying: "I wonder why they only come at night..." Not very sharp are you sir?
Jan 5, 2011 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
Why do adults gotta be assholes sometimes...

I see the 'everyone joins the risen' ending ahead.
Mar 3, 2011 6:06 AM

Feb 2009
Why Natsuno,why?! Is he dumb or what?!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 23, 2011 9:26 AM

Oct 2010
So we get a new opening and ending song. I liked the old ones better. :\
Not really a fan of naked characters in a pool of blood (?).

And, yay! I got my Natsuno/Tohru fix. <3
[insert awesome signature here]
Apr 29, 2011 11:34 PM

Aug 2008
When the hell did Natsuno's mom get bitten? Did that creepy little puppet girl have something to do with it? Either way I think because of that and his dad's slow ability to catch on, he's double doomed. Then again, what can he do? Even if he went to the clinic it's been proven the doc can't protect him.

Jul 9, 2011 2:08 PM

Oct 2010
man, i wanted natsuno NOT to become a shiki or whatever there called... its looks like he will.... :/
Aug 3, 2011 12:43 PM

Mar 2009
Honestly, Akira should just put on his vongola ring and go kill em all.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Aug 13, 2011 11:13 PM

Mar 2011
If Natsuno becomes a Shiki he will be able to get inside the house and beat them down somehow, or leak information on them.
Oct 25, 2011 9:32 PM

Aug 2011
Cool new opening and ending! this episode was good too. i totally knew that Natsuno's dad was lying to Akira and Kaori. I have a feeling that Tasumi fanservice is about to start up. I mean, first he was in a butler's outfit, and in this episode he is in a jacket with the zipper halfway down. but whatever he is cooler and less annoying then he was before.
Jan 29, 2012 7:24 PM

Dec 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I cant watch it more.
A bunch of stupid and cowards characters and a show going so slow.
Dropped.
May 7, 2012 9:00 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, I love this new OP ^_^
May 28, 2012 9:22 PM

Jul 2011
k0k0 said:
Why do adults gotta be assholes sometimes...

I see the 'everyone joins the risen' ending ahead.

My thoughts.

New OP and ED aren't bad. I'll warm up to them.

Oh Natsuno's dad... -facepalm- you killed your son. Good job.
Jul 5, 2012 2:12 PM

Aug 2010
WTH is wrong with haircuts in this anime! lol

alliexo7 said:
Oh, and Natsuno's father is a prick.

I second this...though I wouldn't be so sure if I were in the same situation...I mean in reality it's sounds like BS, I would demand some kind of proof to believe it. Though that doesn't explain why he threw all their stuff to the garbage...that was really a dick move :l
xMusicMohawkJul 5, 2012 2:16 PM
Jul 7, 2012 12:16 AM

Aug 2008
Ugh his dad seems like one of those annoying Super Atheist. It's fine he dosen't believe in that supernatural/religious stuff but what he's messing up at is the complete dick and stubborn attitude that won't allow his son to have those religious charms and such. But no he throws them all away instead of accepting his son' own s belief that such things will work. Jeesh these are the worst kind of adults/people

Jul 30, 2012 6:03 PM

Jul 2009
it seems Yuuki's mother has been bitten .______.

and wow the father seems to be over protective don't you think???

it seems Yuuki is slowly turning into a Shiki as the day passes.

i fear for Kaori and Akira since Megumi will be the one to attack them

new opening and endings were good :D

and yeah with a little nude in every character hehe :)

cannot wait for the next episode, i just had a marathon today watching ep 1-12 straight. i definitely feel tired but im okay now :D
Aug 1, 2012 4:24 PM

Jun 2012
Natsuno's dad is dumb. However, I really like Kaori and Akira is probably my favorite character. I hope nothing bad happens to either of them :[
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Sep 25, 2012 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
whoa! These new opening and ending songs are much better!
Sep 26, 2012 1:41 PM
Jan 2012
Natsuno's dad is pissing me off with his bullshit, he's killing Natsuno with his stupid actions. Interesting that the dad of the Kanemasa family (I suck with names) knew exactly which buttons to push with Natsuno's dad, damn it. Yay for Gackt and that lovely voice though <3

Old OP is so much better, I miss it! However I love the new ED, didn't care for the last one. Both songs are made by Buck Tick so I'll have to check out their other songs too!

Loving this anime.
Oct 2, 2012 5:17 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Dads in this anime aren't very smart. First Natsuno's dad with his reaction to the Tanaka's offer. If he's in such a contempt of superstitions, then the least he should have done was to put his son in a car and drive him to a big city hospital.

And then Mr. Tanaka...your daughters best friend dies and you forget about it after a couple of months? Or maybe he was taken in by the gothic lolita outfit?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 3, 2012 3:10 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting how Natsuno's father was seriously ticking me off - as most others here, it seems. But if we're being fair, most (not all) of his reaction are actually kinda normal. Wow, things sure look a lot different if you're viewing them from a standpoint with more background information.

Oct 21, 2012 10:25 PM

Jul 2011
-the new OP is way better <3

- Yuuki's father pisses me off.. so Useless!

-In the end, U were killed by ur best friend -_-'
Oct 29, 2012 7:52 AM

May 2012
At first I'd say nice new OP & ED quite nice fragments! The episode was also quite a nice start for beginning something bigger in general!
Nov 6, 2012 12:03 AM

Sep 2011
Getting really good!

Oh and new OP is a lot better! =p
Dec 12, 2012 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
Why can't he just die already? God dammit.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

313 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Nov 4, 2010

407 by Karva1 »»
Apr 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

191 by Karva1 »»
Apr 30, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Aug 12, 2010

189 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 9:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.