Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2010 3:07 PM

Jan 2010
Well, this seems to be the best anime this season so far. I'll keep watching because it made me laugh, so far so good.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Oct 7, 2010 3:35 PM

Aug 2009
I expected Keima to say "I can see the ending" with an epic voice. Thats at least how I imagine it when reading the manga. Anyway great 1st episode. Fall season has not been disappointing so far.
Oct 7, 2010 3:50 PM

Aug 2009
Gangler said:
Also I've always chalked up the unwarranted self importance to the fact that
Oct 7, 2010 4:04 PM

Sep 2008
One thing I would love is if I could get an explanation of the pfp thing. It seems to be a psp, but I don't know if they just have a different name for it in japan or if they're avoiding copyright infringement. Is this a famicom type situation of a WcDonalds type situation?
Oct 7, 2010 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
Guh. My favorite manga has become an anime. Mixed emotions.

I don't like Keima's voice. Probably a large reason for that being because he just voiced Yabe for Mitsudomoe, and Keima ≠ Yabe sensei, at all. I also feel Keima just doesn't seem as awesome as he did in the manga. Oh well.

I enjoyed the episode overall though, and The World God Only Knows just doesn't ever get old.
Oct 7, 2010 4:13 PM

Aug 2009
Gangler said:
One thing I would love is if I could get an explanation of the pfp thing. It seems to be a psp, but I don't know if they just have a different name for it in japan or if they're avoiding copyright infringement. Is this a famicom type situation of a WcDonalds type situation?
Yep. It's simply a parody of PSP. BUT MUCH GODLY.
Oct 7, 2010 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:
Gangler said:

IT HAS A KEYBOARD!
Oct 7, 2010 4:25 PM

Oct 2007
akromataof said:
Yoshii-kun??Himeji-san??

i guess thats why i dislike his voice so much... just finished watching baka test and the characters are just so different, he could have at least changed his tone of voice =/

ah well mabye he'll grow into it a bit more..

after rewatching it, i dont really like the changes they made to the kiss scene... what was the point of falling halfway down the stairs? and she didnt take his hand while she asked if he'd come cheer for her.. =/
as well as afterwords, i liked in the manga how she was showing off being in the paper all buddy-buddy like, then asking why she was talking to him... lol
ShikenOct 7, 2010 4:34 PM
Oct 7, 2010 4:38 PM

Sep 2008
garfield15 said:
ringoo4 said:
Gangler said:

IT HAS A KEYBOARD!
See it's functions like that that were throwing me through a loop. I was beginning to wonder whether psp's were much more badass in japan, especially considering the robust library of eroge this series would have me believe are available on it. The eroge market could have accounted for the system selling much better in japan and thus having add-ons that they don't sell here in north america. It sounds like I might have been overthinking though.

Still, his PFP is badass and I want one.
Oct 7, 2010 4:40 PM

Aug 2009
Shiken said:
akromataof said:
Yoshii-kun??Himeji-san??

i guess thats why i dislike his voice so much... just finished watching baka test and the characters are just so different, he could have at least changed his tone of voice =/

ah well mabye he'll grow into it a bit more..
If you don't know, Keima's screams and stupid antics in manga are as frequent, childish and ridiculous as Yoshii, but never less. Also, it's the first episode, and Keima wasn't really' notably' awesome in the first chapter of the manga, either. His true godliness was in hibernation until the 'capturing god mode' chapter.
Oct 7, 2010 5:01 PM

Jun 2007
i was also thinking of keima as some sort of takajun.... because of the epic lelouch voice i thought keima doing, however, i also see the takatoshi screaming.... so... i think it fits him well, i just hope he makes epic-er voices for the whole "i can already see the ending"

i am also truly happy about this becoming an anime. i don't know why elsee didn't seem as childish as she did in the manga (her voice is also not childish enough) but either way, i think she is still awesome, and we need some firetrucks.

this first episode did good service to the manga, and i loved it. i also love the very epicly OP. what did ruin it for me was the subs. i think i watched the wrong subs... or the ones worst translated.... otamegane shouldn't have been translated, but rather explained.... and elsee is not elce...... but either way, epic manga is epic anime. and season two is just as lovely
Oct 7, 2010 5:05 PM

Jun 2007
good anime good

yeah i like the art, i ofcourse like the story, still a bit peeved that Jun Fukuyama wasnt chosen to play Keima, but looks like Hiro Shimono is doing a good job as well
Oct 7, 2010 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
People should read the manga before watching for the full affect. xP

Btw, I think the PFP is a combination of a PSP and a cell phone or something. xP

Unrelated: I keep thinking combine-ment is a word.... but the word is combination.
Oct 7, 2010 5:22 PM

Jun 2009
Black_Jack said:

I should explain. I spend a lot of time on TV Tropes, so that tends to bleed over into my comments. Look up the "Perverse Sexual Lust" article and all will be explained. I never meant he was necessarily a pervert.

And I have yet to see any genius. :/

Keima is not lustful towards fictional girls. It's more that he admires them. He sees them as perfection.

And he is a genius. You shall see....
AidanAK47Oct 7, 2010 5:26 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Oct 7, 2010 5:43 PM

Nov 2008
AidanAK47 said:
Black_Jack said:

I should explain. I spend a lot of time on TV Tropes, so that tends to bleed over into my comments. Look up the "Perverse Sexual Lust" article and all will be explained. I never meant he was necessarily a pervert.

Keima is not lustful towards fictional girls. It's more that he admires them. He sees them as perfection.

Give them time Aidan. They will soon come to understand how awesome Keima really is.

Oct 7, 2010 6:16 PM

May 2010
Very funny and entertaining.
Oct 7, 2010 7:59 PM

Dec 2009
I'm kinda surprised I liked this, but it was actually pretty enjoyable as a bit of light fun.

And I want that school's rooftop. *so jealous*
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Oct 7, 2010 9:05 PM

Mar 2009
With the exception of all the season 2 anime I've been watching(Letter Bee, arakawa), and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, finally, another great start to what otherwise seems like a very lackluster season.
Oct 7, 2010 9:14 PM

Mar 2009
FujinKeima said:
rarri said:
I was born to watch this.
Oct 7, 2010 10:46 PM

Sep 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Black_Jack said:

Riiiiight. Well, I'll wait and see. But the whole "fictional girls are better than real girls" train of thought is a negative stereotype that annoys me.
Oct 7, 2010 11:28 PM

Sep 2008
Well keep in mind that he's supposed to be a pretty severe case, worshiped online as the capture god and all. I don't think it works under the presumption that all otaku are like that.
Oct 8, 2010 12:23 AM

Feb 2010
Great first episode ^^
Oct 8, 2010 2:19 AM

Sep 2009
really great first episode i really liked this episode ^_^
Main character is awesome as xD
can't wait to see more :3

Oct 8, 2010 2:49 AM

Sep 2009
Gangler said:
Well keep in mind that he's supposed to be a pretty severe case, worshiped online as the capture god and all. I don't think it works under the presumption that all otaku are like that.

But it's glorifying it. And the fact that otaku everywhere are blowing their loads on this anime only proves my point.

It presumes we're like that because we eat it up.
Oct 8, 2010 3:59 AM

Aug 2009
Black_Jack said:
Riiiiight. Well, I'll wait and see. But the whole "fictional girls are better than real girls" train of thought is a negative stereotype that annoys me.
It won't annoy you if you just throw away that tinted glasses. The whole new world will be in front of you. If you don't, you better not watch this anime since he will go extremely psychopathic about anything related to his 2D world.

But it's glorifying it. And the fact that otaku everywhere are blowing their loads on this anime only proves my point.
Not cool bro... that only proves how majority of people like Keima as a character, since I'm obviously not otaku and never played galge before. This manga/anime and we, are not glorifying otaku. We are glorifying Katsuragi Keima. Hell, we all know how creepy and disgusting some otakus are; that's just common sense.

YEAH LET'S HYPE MAH KAMI-SAMA MORRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Oct 8, 2010 4:00 AM

May 2010
OMG!OMG!OMG!
I can't wait <3 <3 .. only 8 minutes till i watch this!
Will come back soon XD ..

DONE!
Wow .. that episode was awesome ! i laughted so hard lool ., and the art is soo amazing && Keima is the best haha <3
i just can't wait till the next episode ..
winddyOct 8, 2010 1:00 PM
Oct 8, 2010 5:26 AM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:

Not cool bro... that only proves how majority of people like Keima as a character, since I'm obviously not otaku and never played galge before. This manga/anime and we, are not glorifying otaku. We are glorifying Katsuragi Keima. Hell, we all know how creepy and disgusting some otakus are; that's just common sense.

That's such a stereotype. I am guessing when people think of the word Otaku they are thinking of that fat ugly guy living in his moms basement with dolls everywhere and anime merc all over the place. There are normal people who really like anime as well you know. I really would like to believe that most of the anime population don't watch anime with their pants down.
I myself have played Galge(Visual novels), read manga, and watch anime but all for the story and nothing else.

Anyway Black_Jack. It's only the first episode. Give it time before making any judgments. Don't be an idiot who writes a review after watching just the first episode.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Oct 8, 2010 6:03 AM

Sep 2008
AidanAK47 said:
ringoo4 said:

That's such a stereotype. I am guessing when people think of the word Otaku they are thinking of that fat ugly guy living in his moms basement with dolls everywhere and anime merc all over the place. There are normal people who really like anime as well you know. I really would like to believe that most of the anime population don't watch anime with their pants down.
I myself have played Galge(Visual novels), read manga, and watch anime but all for the story and nothing else.

Anyway Black_Jack. It's only the first episode. Give it time before making any judgments. Don't be an idiot who writes a review after watching just the first episode.
A stereotype to be sure, but let's not pretend they don't exist. It's true that not every otaku is creepy but, at least at my anime club, there's no shortage of otaku who are. Obviously we're all charming and charismatic. I mean come on, we're on a forum! This doesn't mean the image came out of nowhere.

Admittedly liking 2d girls to the point of eschewing women of three dimensions is very rare, but that's not really something found elsewhere so it sticks out in the crowd.

Just because it reflects poorly on us doesn't make it an invalid character. Let's face it, it's not as if our reputation can really be hurt too much further at this point. Especially not by a show pandering to us to the point that it wouldn't interest anyone else (at least outside of japan).
Oct 8, 2010 6:30 AM

Aug 2009
AidanAK47 said:
What bugged me was that 'all anime watchers = otaku' treatment. Otaku wasn't really a good term till gainax started wondering around and Kyoani productions like suzumiya and lucky star. It still isn't. A lot of people are simply anime fans, who isn't obsessive like otaku stereotype; like most of people who is said to be 'blowingtheirloadonthisanime'. Blah.

True otaku pandering anime is when there are overdose of fanservice and moe... This anime isn't low as those...

Gangler said:
Admittedly liking 2d girls to the point of eschewing women of three dimensions is very rare, but that's not really something found elsewhere so it sticks out in the crowd.
That's a really valid point. People might jokingly say 2D > 3D, but if they really do saying it out load with proud, there is something wrong with them.

In case of Keima, that's why he is so sugoi.
ringoo4Oct 8, 2010 6:49 AM
Oct 8, 2010 6:54 AM

Nov 2008
A decent start, and no doubt it could get quite good indeed.
But man, that OP was something else.
She's still an unknown artist? For a moment she sounded a bit like Elisa..
Oct 8, 2010 7:22 AM

Sep 2008
ringoo4 said:
AidanAK47 said:
What bugged me was that 'all anime watchers = otaku' treatment. Otaku wasn't really a good term till gainax started wondering around and Kyoani productions like suzumiya and lucky star. It still isn't. A lot of people are simply anime fans, who isn't obsessive like otaku stereotype; like most of people who is said to be 'blowingtheirloadonthisanime'. Blah.

True otaku pandering anime is when there are overdose of fanservice and moe... This anime isn't low as those...

This is something I've struggled with in the past. At what point are you otaku? You can watch anime without being otaku, and even be an anime enthusiast. My personal stance at this point is that if you consider yourself a member of otaku culture then you're otaku. So participating in forums, getting excited about isml, enjoying the fringe parts of otaku culture (Visual novels, live action, J-Pop etc.) These are all things that could lead to someone being otaku. That is not to say that any one of them is necessary to be otaku, or that otaku is even properly measurable using such things, merely a very vague, general, and flexible guideline I use.

Now that we're talking about it though I don't think Keima ever calls himself (or is called) otaku. I think he just considers himself a gamer.
Oct 8, 2010 7:39 AM

Aug 2009
Gangler said:
This is something I've struggled with in the past. At what point are you otaku? You can watch anime without being otaku, and even be an anime enthusiast. My personal stance at this point is that if you consider yourself a member of otaku culture then you're otaku. So participating in forums, getting excited about isml, enjoying the fringe parts of otaku culture (Visual novels, live action, J-Pop etc.) These are all things that could lead to someone being otaku. That is not to say that any one of them is necessary to be otaku, or that otaku is even properly measurable using such things, merely a very vague, general, and flexible guideline I use.
The reason for me not being otaku is quite simple; when I met some Japanese friends, I asked them how hardcore someone should be to be called as true 'otaku'. They said an example; 'If you are 'Sailer-moon otaku, you need to know every single details about all the characters from that anime, including hair colour, height, weight, age, likes and hates; and also need to know details of all the scenes, such as the question 'how much time moon comes out when transformation sequence occurs?'.

One of the Korean otaku website has professional testing quizzes that test whether you are otaku or not. It basically had bunch of questions like 'What is Konata's birthday?', which should be very easy question for real otaku. Apparently, you need to get 90% correct answer to be called 'otaku'. I saw similar quizzes in some Japanese site or what. Whether those are jokes or not, level of being otaku is extreme higher than you expect.

It's not just liking or being fan of something that matters; it is level of 'obsession' that determines otaku. However, I admit it becomes vague when you use term 'otaku culture', not otaku by itself. I can say I somewhat belongs to the area of otaku culture, but I'm still not otaku.

I hope it is explained well... >_> If you compare most of 'self-proclaiming non-japanese anime otakus' and 'JAPANESE otakus', you can find some extremely huge gap between them in terms of their knowledge (well.. SPECIFIC and DETAILLED knowledge) and mental mindset.

/edited one thing.
ringoo4Oct 8, 2010 7:46 AM
Oct 8, 2010 7:40 AM

Jun 2010
haven't read the manga..
but it looks promising..
by the way Elci reminded me of botan from yuyu hakusho..
haha
Oct 8, 2010 7:55 AM

Sep 2008
ringoo4 said:
Gangler said:
The reason for me not being otaku is quite simple; when I met some Japanese friends, I asked them how hardcore someone should be to be called as true 'otaku'. They said an example; 'If you are 'Sailer-moon otaku, you need to know every single details about all the characters from that anime, including hair colour, height, weight, age, likes and hates; and also need to know details of all the scenes, such as the question 'how much time moon comes out when transformation sequence occurs?'.

One of the Korean otaku website has professional testing quizzes that test whether you are otaku or not. It basically had bunch of questions like 'What is Konata's birthday?', which should be very easy question for real otaku. Apparently, you need to get 90% correct answer to be called 'otaku'. I saw similar quizzes in some Japanese site or what. Whether those are jokes or not, level of being otaku is extreme higher than you expect.

It's not just liking or being fan of something that matters; it is level of 'obsession' that determines otaku. However, I admit it becomes vague when you use term 'otaku culture', not otaku by itself. I can say I somewhat belongs to the area of otaku culture, but I'm still not otaku.

I hope it is explained well... >_> If you compare most of 'self-proclaiming non-japanese anime otakus' and 'JAPANESE otakus', you can find some extremely huge gap between them in terms of their knowledge (well.. SPECIFIC and DETAILLED knowledge) and mental mindset.

/edited one thing.
Fair enough. There are often discrepancies between how the words are used in japan and elsewhere. I sometimes forget that Otaku is a pretty severe term in Japan. It's almost the opposite effect of what's found with anime. With it being a pretty specific meaning to us over here. But in Japan it's just animation. Flash cartoons and all sorts of stuff would be included.

Under the Japanese definition I suppose Keima would definitely be a eroge otaku.

Otaku culture would also be an entirely different thing depending on nationality. Over here there's an entire language to it. Megane nekomimi loli yuri. If we see a picture with that title we know what we're getting without having to open it and that has huge significance. In japan it's all pretty self explanatory.
Oct 8, 2010 8:11 AM

Aug 2009
Gangler said:
Fair enough. There are often discrepancies between how the words are used in japan and elsewhere. I sometimes forget that Otaku is a pretty severe term in Japan. It's almost the opposite effect of what's found with anime. With it being a pretty specific meaning to us over here. But in Japan it's just animation. Flash cartoons and all sorts of stuff would be included.
Well, there are cases when some words are unique to those own culture. I have Korean background, and we have word which well describes what otaku is in basis (おたく= 폐인). That's why I understand how extreme it is. In English, only 'Mania' or 'Nerd' is the term that has at least closer meaning to the word otaku. So, I found a lot of people defining the word otaku a bit lightly, which sometimes comes to me as an insult when others call me IRL, 'hey otaku!'. (Actually, English word that is closest to the meaning of otaku is 'Anorak'.

I think they do seperate between anime and cartoon, simply by saying 'American Animation' for cartons, like we alternatively call anime 'Japanese Animation'. But it's just my guess. Since I know how to speak Korean, I have general understandings how Japanese terminologies work.

Under the Japanese definition I suppose Keima would definitely be a eroge otaku.
In this case, he is much closer to GOD than simple otaku, though. :D
ringoo4Oct 8, 2010 8:24 AM
Oct 8, 2010 9:32 AM

Apr 2008
Very very very interesting.

Oct 8, 2010 10:16 AM

Dec 2008
This is just overrated. Just because many of us here could identify and sympathize with the main character, I suppose.
I don't mean it's not good, it just isn't that awesome to get a avg score of 8,15.
Oct 8, 2010 10:30 AM

Jun 2010
less excitement though cause i have been spoiled by the manga :(

but anyway the 1st ep is 5/5
-= Space for Rent =-
Oct 8, 2010 12:40 PM

Sep 2009
ringoo4 said:
Black_Jack said:
It won't annoy you if you just throw away that tinted glasses. The whole new world will be in front of you. If you don't, you better not watch this anime since he will go extremely psychopathic about anything related to his 2D world.

So what you're saying is, I should stop being annoyed by negative character traits or I won't enjoy the series? Um......no. I still enjoyed the episode, even if the protagonist bugs me. It wouldn't be the first time I liked a series, but hated the main character.

AidanAK47 said:

Don't call me an idiot for having a differing opinion to yours. And it's a first impressions review. I only reviewed the first episode, not the series as a whole. And may I remind everyone that the only thing that bothers me is how Keima is glorified for negative personality traits.
Oct 8, 2010 1:53 PM

Sep 2010
Alright, alright, everyone here deserves to have their point of view respected. I find it perfectly understandable that Black_Jack has doubts about Keima even if I thought he was awesome from the beginning; it's very rare to see a character well-liked for having negative traits and being the main character.

Black_Jack said:
And may I remind everyone that the only thing that bothers me is how Keima is glorified for negative personality traits.

Although Keima does have a lot of negative personality traits, I think that it actually adds to his character than detract from it. This series would not work at all if Keima was the generic guy in a dating sim type of character, as it's his difficult personality coupled with his subtle development that ultimately differentiates it from any other story that involves a dating sim scenario.

The most I'll say is that the reasons why Keima is amazing for all of his character flaws aren't readily apparent early on, and he does not become nicer until a lot later than that.
Oct 8, 2010 2:32 PM

Sep 2008
This is actually starting to remind me of an argument I used to frequently have about whether or not Homer Simpson was responsible for a decline in intelligence in north america. The other party would always say that homer glorified stupidity, incompetence, and alcoholism because this is where much of his humor comes from and people find him hilarious and love him. I'd always respond that people found homer simpson hilarious and enjoyed his antics, but no one wants to be homer simpson.

Of course Black_Jack hasn't said anything to that effect with this character. Merely that the shedding of these negative traits in a positive light bothers him. Which is fair. We all have our pet peves. It sounds like he's having fun anyway so no reason to go into conversion mode.
Oct 8, 2010 3:31 PM

Apr 2009
Well dude, Shimono is damn good as Keima xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 8, 2010 4:04 PM

Jun 2009
Black_Jack said:

AidanAK47 said:

Don't call me an idiot for having a differing opinion to yours. And it's a first impressions review. I only reviewed the first episode, not the series as a whole. And may I remind everyone that the only thing that bothers me is how Keima is glorified for negative personality traits.

Sorry, I should have rephrased that. Don't be like those idiots who write a review on the first episode. I wasn't calling you an idiot.

Oct 8, 2010 5:21 PM

Dec 2009
I haven't read the manga, but this episode really was great. For some reason it was really enjoyable and it didn't reel rushed or slow, more like perfectly executed. The story, the humour and the romance... everything felt perfect.
My only concern is that this may be a "one episode - one girl" kind of show and that will make it bad. Hopefully, it won't. Anyone who has read the manga might know?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 8, 2010 6:12 PM

Feb 2009
Marow said:
I haven't read the manga, but this episode really was great. For some reason it was really enjoyable and it didn't reel rushed or slow, more like perfectly executed. The story, the humour and the romance... everything felt perfect.
My only concern is that this may be a "one episode - one girl" kind of show and that will make it bad. Hopefully, it won't. Anyone who has read the manga might know?

It shouldn't be one ep per girl. ayumi's arc was an intro and was only 1 chapter i believe. the others should have longer spanning arcs.

putting that aside i thought this was really well done. loved the ep and the animation. makes me wish i didn't ruin everything already with the manga :(
Oct 8, 2010 8:39 PM

Jun 2009
Good start! I've decided to follow this show. I hope it stays as entertaining until the end.
Oct 8, 2010 10:58 PM

May 2008
I have to say, the first episode has pleasantly exceeded my expectations. I was fairly worried about the quality of the animation from early screencaps and concept art, but I see now that I have nothing to worry about; the animation studio is the same one that did Popotan and Nurse Witch Komugi, which adapted surprisingly well to this series. Of course, only time will tell if they keep the quality going for later episodes. This is the pilot, meaning they poured way more effort than normal into it.

The opening was stylish and entertaining, but I don't believe it will be used for episodes 2 onward, again a feature for some animes. The actual opening doesn't look to bad though.

All in all, I am still incredibly stoked for this; my long-time wishes have finally been answered; I started reading this series the moment the first chapters were translated and have loved it ever since. I even cosplayed as Keima back a few years ago, but since the anime wasn't out then no one knew who I was... > > Maybe I will try again this summer.

For people who wanna know, it seems like this season (12 eps) will deal with the first 8 girls in the manga storyline. There has already been a confirmation for season 2, which is not too surprising given the structure they have decided on for the plot.

I'm pretty sure life is a tsundere...
Oct 8, 2010 11:49 PM

Sep 2008
Ichijo_feast said:
it seems like this season (12 eps) will deal with the first 8 girls in the manga storyline. There has already been a confirmation for season 2, which is not too surprising given the structure they have decided on for the plot.

has there really been a confirmation for 12 episodes this season? i was expecting it to be 24 episodes. having a single episode for each capture is very rushed. i tried to test out fitting chapters together to form episodes (prediction) and it seems the majority of captures has enough material to last 2 episodes (well, more like 1 and a half).

heres my prediction list if anyone is interested. contains spoilers of course.
Oct 9, 2010 12:03 AM

Sep 2008
atruong18 said:
Ichijo_feast said:
it seems like this season (12 eps) will deal with the first 8 girls in the manga storyline. There has already been a confirmation for season 2, which is not too surprising given the structure they have decided on for the plot.

has there really been a confirmation for 12 episodes this season? i was expecting it to be 24 episodes. having a single episode for each capture is very rushed. i tried to test out fitting chapters together to form episodes (prediction) and it seems the majority of captures has enough material to last 2 episodes (well, more like 1 and a half).

heres my prediction list if anyone is interested. contains spoilers of course.
Yeah, I was actually thinking 8 girls in 12 episodes sounded rushed too. We'll see how it goes.
Oct 9, 2010 12:12 AM

Aug 2009
Mio's arc will be finished in episode 3, which was confirmed in new-type if I remember. Episode 4 is infinite loop chapter, although I'm not sure whether they will include CAPTURING GOD MODE part or not. This means there will be 8 episode left over for term 1. It will be ridiculous having only Kanon and Shiori arc for that long; I'm assuming that 2nd OP will be made once Shiori is captured.

My guess is, the reason that Wakaki mentioned about 'episode length determined by DVD sales' is because Manglobe apparently one to make this long title. There are already plenty full of really good materials out and it is one of few manga that is getting BETTER with this long running 100 chapters.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

346 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 19, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

198 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

247 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2010

212 by Antanaru »»
Nov 20, 2023 3:49 AM

» This anime has really beautiful music.

LordKirkis - Oct 9, 2023

18 by aDamas_46 »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.