Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 28, 2010 8:35 AM

May 2010
cya Laxus :(

The fantasia was awesome :D

FT is getting better and better
Natsu's Rage !!

Sep 28, 2010 10:02 AM

Aug 2009
Man, I really hope the anime can make the next arc better than the manga cause it was kinda....bad honestly.
Sep 28, 2010 10:24 AM
Aug 2010
K0S-M0S said:
Man, third time crying in this anime. When Laxus was about to send "the message," Makarov did it before him. That part got me. I'm just loving this anime more and more as I keep watching it.

yeah, I noticed my own tears moments before Laxus'.

Overall a brilliant episode. Glad it wasn't series finale.
Sep 28, 2010 10:36 AM

Apr 2009
garfield15 said:
Man, I really hope the anime can make the next arc better than the manga cause it was kinda....bad honestly.

I agree. I prefer they skip that arc. Even fillers will be better lol.
Sep 28, 2010 12:04 PM
Jun 2010
Man I really wish Fairy Tail had better fighting scene, they are kinda lame and repetitive, everything else is perfect, the drama, the characters, the sound track, the humour, especially the humour.

For me, Laxus lost because he wasted so much mana on fairy law and eletric dragon slayer attacks but that's just me.

Gramps is so LOL

Sep 28, 2010 1:25 PM
Nov 2008
Fairy Tail has such fantastic pacing. It's been a long time since I was bored watching the show, and I keep looking forward to what's coming next, now probably more than ever. Compared to something like One Piece, I can forgive a little filler here and there. They make up for it.

That being said, I am tired of plot points that involve Jellal. We beat him, it's over and done with. The Mistogan reveal was lame. Of all the things he could have been, that? I liked Mistogan better as simply bad ass and mysterious. They could have left it at that and I wouldn't have thought twice. And now there's talk of even more super manipulation all along? Meh I say, meh!

Side note, I think I may be taking an unpopular stance here, but Phantom Juvia > Fairy Tail Juvia. I flat out liked the Phantom look better, and even her mannerisms and obsession with Gray were more fun before she joined FT. That being said, I may have been grinning like an idiot at the Juvia/Gray float <_<
Sep 28, 2010 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
Loved this arc, great ep's each week, yet in a way, I'm glad this arc is over, simply for the change in scenery.
It was wrapped up verry well. ;)

The fesival/fantasia was very pretty.

ShiroiRyu said:
Liked this episode and Laxus is a just a little boy who thought to much of his father who is a jackass.

You got it all right!
Laxus was nothing more than a brat giant throwing a tantrum.
Also, perhaps telling him whatever it is about his Dad, no matter how traumatic, may have prevented the whole situation?

Sep 28, 2010 2:26 PM

Feb 2008
I cried.
Sep 28, 2010 2:52 PM

Aug 2007
I loved the festival, was so aesome!!
Sep 28, 2010 3:58 PM

Sep 2010
Natsu FTW!!!! Touchy episode :))
Sep 28, 2010 5:19 PM

Sep 2009
So, without a break, here we go to the next "season"!
Sep 28, 2010 10:44 PM

Dec 2009
Forgot how cheesy the ending was.

Sep 29, 2010 2:47 AM

Sep 2010
I was so touched and borderline crying seeing Gramps cry.
I thought episode 48 was the last episode of the season and it felt like an ending but it's not. :D which yay! more fairy tail next week :D
Sep 29, 2010 7:50 AM

Aug 2010
Beautiful episode. Made me go all YAY-happy when laxus got beat up and all T__T-sad when he had to leave. ROfLL!
Hmm got to see igneel finally.. =] I wonder if the humans.. the dragon slayers will have to save the dragons later on? or at least thats what it sounded like to me.. and im quite curious about that girl who fooled jellal now too...
Sep 29, 2010 9:53 AM

Aug 2008
Fight was pretty good. Fantasia looked amazing. Natsu yelling through his bandages... hilarious. But the highlight was definitely the end of this episode where we see Laxus get his send off. I have to admit, that was pretty emotional. Behind the scenes there appears to be a ton of stuff going on.
Sep 29, 2010 12:21 PM

Jan 2010
LAXUS, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
I really didn't like that everyone in the guild did the hand signal, I thought that would've been a nice thing that only Master and Laxus shared. But no, they had to make it cheesy. I don't know, I might be the only one who feels this way.
Also. Natsu.. It's starting to piss me off how he always gets to be the hero. I get that this is a shounen, and there's always that one character who's strong as fuck, but really now? God, this is one of the reasons why I'm not a big shounen fan.
Either way, great episode. Best one in a while, almost had me crying (I would've cried if it wasn't for my mom being in the same room).
Sep 29, 2010 3:22 PM

Dec 2009
They made Laxus prettier after his defeat.
I bet he'll come back to save the day, eventually.
Sep 29, 2010 4:52 PM

Jun 2010
I did like how they tried to make it more sentimental, that and the background music really added to when he did the pose. I somewhat liked this arc in the manga, and for the most part I think it it got carried out well in the anime for the most part, certainly better than the Jellal Arc.

All I know is the next arc was painful to read at times, so I dont mind if they twist some things around.
Sep 29, 2010 5:08 PM

Dec 2007
holypoop said:
I really didn't like that everyone in the guild did the hand signal, I thought that would've been a nice thing that only Master and Laxus shared. But no, they had to make it cheesy. I don't know, I might be the only one who feels this way.

Truth be told, however, is that the hand signal is Fairy Tail's signal, not just Makarov and Laxus'. I'm afraid I can't cite an exact chapter or page in the manga (be you a manga reader or not), but I think it was mentioned that Makarov taught that hand signal to everyone in Fairy Tail because Laxus taught it to him. In a way, Laxus had more influence on the guild as it currently is than he ever realized.

If you look at episode 2 as further evidence of this, Makarov and everyone in the guild throw the hand signal in air. There's probably other scenes like that too, but they're not as memorable, apparently, for me to bring up. Because it isn't until this conclusion that you realize the hand signal had any meaning in it at all.

To the viewers, Makarov dedicated that last signal in the parade to Laxus, but I think everyone else was just following suit, not necessarily to say good-bye to Laxus. (Because after all, it's obvious that not everyone is ready to forgive him from when he returned to see Makarov in the clinic.)
SeekerSep 29, 2010 5:12 PM

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Sep 29, 2010 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
Tatynin (Female)
said:

So, without a break, here we go to the next "season"!

I think the next episode is the "break" you want. And the word you are looking for is "ARC"

P.S. Cried 2 times in 1 episode. Damn it's good.
Sep 29, 2010 9:49 PM
Aug 2010
so after all that i am sad that Laxus was expelled even though for the last few weeks i have been yelling for some one to kill him ...sigh... it was a good episode we got a lot of information and Juvia and Grey looked Great! can't wait for the next arc!
Sep 30, 2010 12:15 AM

Sep 2009
good ending for this arc
Sep 30, 2010 1:23 AM

Mar 2010
Jellal-sama~ <33333
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2010 3:14 AM
Jul 2010
Nice episode~ Really touched...
Sep 30, 2010 6:20 AM
Feb 2009
Seeker said:
holypoop said:

Truth be told, however, is that the hand signal is Fairy Tail's signal, not just Makarov and Laxus'. I'm afraid I can't cite an exact chapter or page in the manga (be you a manga reader or not), but I think it was mentioned that Makarov taught that hand signal to everyone in Fairy Tail because Laxus taught it to him. In a way, Laxus had more influence on the guild as it currently is than he ever realized.

If you look at episode 2 as further evidence of this, Makarov and everyone in the guild throw the hand signal in air. There's probably other scenes like that too, but they're not as memorable, apparently, for me to bring up. Because it isn't until this conclusion that you realize the hand signal had any meaning in it at all.

To the viewers, Makarov dedicated that last signal in the parade to Laxus, but I think everyone else was just following suit, not necessarily to say good-bye to Laxus. (Because after all, it's obvious that not everyone is ready to forgive him from when he returned to see Makarov in the clinic.)

they aren't angry at laxus, at least based on what they showed on episode 47. They consider his attitude as "rebellious state"
Sep 30, 2010 6:44 AM

Jan 2010
Seeker said:
holypoop said:

Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't realize that.
Sep 30, 2010 2:16 PM

Jan 2010
I really dislike Erza's outfits. I really didn't like the ones she wore on the float, too. But, I still love her.
Oct 1, 2010 1:46 AM

May 2008
Laxus sure loves his steroids.
Oct 1, 2010 3:27 AM

May 2008
EdwardDaemon said:

On a side note, can any manga reader confirm if next episode will be canon or not?
The whole reporter thing did happen in the manga, so technically it's not a filler.
Oct 1, 2010 1:14 PM

Oct 2009
Excellent end to the arc and just a fantastic episode in general. Good fight between Natsu and Laxus, awesome fantasisa parade and then a really touching ending to show us that Laxus isn't really evil. My favourite episode of Fairy Tail so far! Keep 'em coming!
Oct 1, 2010 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
holypoop said:
LAXUS, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
Also. Natsu.. It's starting to piss me off how he always gets to be the hero. I get that this is a shounen, and there's always that one character who's strong as fuck, but really now? God, this is one of the reasons why I'm not a big shounen fan.
Either way, great episode. Best one in a while, almost had me crying (I would've cried if it wasn't for my mom being in the same room).

Really agree on that everyone shouldnt have made the handsign... i mean... wtf? lucy? did she even know him?
Oct 1, 2010 9:22 PM

Dec 2009
It was so touching TvTb

oh i loved this ep! *fangirl side comes out* OH MY GAWD! NATSU YOU SEXY THING >.<
Oct 1, 2010 11:00 PM

Jun 2008
It's quite obvious what happened. This was going to be the last episode but now they renewed the contract for another year and they put things for future references that they left out before.

They still screw the scene between Makarov and Gazille since they where extra scenes and a lot more talk and revelations that made the talk between them being more logical.
Also i don't get why they showed Igneel like that? In the manga we never saw him, it was just two eyes threw a gave and talking bubble. Did they thought that showing a big dragon will be more impressive? It's actually more stupid since the way the manga did it, it had a lot more mystery.
MonadOct 3, 2010 6:31 AM
Oct 2, 2010 1:49 PM
May 2009
Haha! so the anime includes the extra chapter where Lucy finds out about her fated one =) yay! I'm so glad they included it =)
Oct 2, 2010 4:34 PM

May 2009
Superb ending to a very good arc. Sad to see Laxus go, but it was the right thing to do. Fantasia was pretty cool.
Oct 2, 2010 5:49 PM

Nov 2009
i dont get what people mean when they say this is was supposed to be/felt like a last episode?? the way the anime has been running makes it seem like theyve only just set up the main characters and have a tonnn of plot development coming. this could also be because i read the manga and its progressing extremely slowly.

i laugh when people who don't read the manga comment on the anime. its so cute :P but yea the part with the reporter is canon material. a little boring but i believe the next arc will be nirvana right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2010 8:41 PM

Sep 2010
loved the festival like that in real life, i'd soo definitely go!
the fight scene was nice, except for the fact that they went back to using stills, and not fluid fighting animation. :\
iunno, but igneel's voice sounded somewhat similar to the master's voice too. LOL got confused there a bit.
the bubble seems to be poluschka (spell check hahaa)
luved how Gajeel could understand Natsu, but it was awkward when Natsu blushed when Laxus waved. |:S
Fantasia sealed that episode nicely to end a great arc, and the touching moments with Laxus and the master were really sweet and genuine.
5/5
Oct 3, 2010 4:59 AM

May 2009
Great end to the best arc of the story. The next episode will be funny, I liked that in the manga too. And then, Oracion Seis, the weakest arc of the manga so far. :/
Oct 3, 2010 5:54 AM

May 2010
My impressions are here http://wp.me/p12uiW-1jM
That was really cool at the end.
Oct 3, 2010 12:00 PM
Mar 2008
I just realized, Fairy Tail is, like, the ultimate no-hard-feelings-guild...

Laxus is all "I'm sorry I tried to kill you all, but no hard feelings aight?" and the guild is all "of course not" (after natsu going all "next time mmmhmhmhmhmmhmmhmhmhmhmhmmh").

And then Makarov is all "What you did there's just no forgiving. You're expelled, but no hard feelings, aight?" and Naxus is all "I know. Take care of yourself aight?"

Talk about taking responsibility of your actions... Even looking back in history there're not many leaders (military, royalty, presidencies a.s.o. included) who've done that. I actually can't think of anyone who've not tried to justify their actions. Except Clinton, when I think about it. Hmm...He just went up a notch in my book.
Oct 3, 2010 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
animefan82 said:
I just realized, Fairy Tail is, like, the ultimate no-hard-feelings-guild...

Laxus is all "I'm sorry I tried to kill you all, but no hard feelings aight?" and the guild is all "of course not" (after natsu going all "next time mmmhmhmhmhmmhmmhmhmhmhmhmmh").

And then Makarov is all "What you did there's just no forgiving. You're expelled, but no hard feelings, aight?" and Naxus is all "I know. Take care of yourself aight?"

Talk about taking responsibility of your actions... Even looking back in history there're not many leaders (military, royalty, presidencies a.s.o. included) who've done that. I actually can't think of anyone who've not tried to justify their actions. Except Clinton, when I think about it. Hmm...He just went up a notch in my book.

No hard feeling, but you are right... aight?

Although laxus didnt want them dead... He just wanted to make them strong so noone could look down on them
Oct 3, 2010 1:40 PM

Apr 2008
Very happy to see this arc end. Personally, this arc has been my least favorite out of the entire Fairy Tail manga thus far, so I am greatly anticipating the Oracion Seis.

However, this was still a great end to the arc and I feel they tied things up rather well. I would have liked for the conversation between Gajeel and the master to have continued, as there is info that the non-manga readers would have appreciated. But anyways, still glad to know the anime is continuing.
Oct 3, 2010 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
They executed the end of this arc PERFECTLY.

Amazing episode, I even shed a tear near the end :)

Juvia + Gray on the float = win!
Oct 4, 2010 12:36 AM
Aug 2008
Jesuvius said:
Real touching ending with Laxus there. This felt like a last episode, I'm glad that (unlike Hitman Reborn!) this wasn't the case!
what.... lol its only taking a break. Dont you read the manga
Oct 4, 2010 3:11 AM

Jun 2010
The fantasia looked awesome. feels like im at Disney land. lol They always have touching moments at the end. Looks liek they will make anoth op.ed soon. hope they dont release it at next ep cause it looks liek a filler. Finally they'll make a op.ed that fits the content at the moment. =D ppl are having happy lolipops and wearings suits. =]
Oct 4, 2010 10:21 AM
May 2009
I think the next episode isn't considered to be a filler. Indeed it was a special chapter in manga but after "SOMEONE" showed up in the last few chapters of the manga they might have noticed that they should have included it in the timeline. This episode will be the seed of Lucy's romantic feelings to the whole series which will be very useful after the Edoras arc... =)
Oct 4, 2010 8:29 PM

Jan 2010
Great end there. I loved that Fantasia parade. especially the part of GrayXJuvia and Erza. <3
Oct 6, 2010 1:22 AM

Apr 2008
I wonder if Laxus ever regretted doing that o-o

Oct 10, 2010 6:27 PM

Apr 2007
Bye bye Luxas ;_;
It's weird seeing the part with Ultear after this arc, but I guess it can't be helped. I'm actually a bit happy the series will continue, even though I REALLY don't like the next arc.

And the best part of this episode;

d'awwww so cute <333
Oct 20, 2010 1:57 AM
Sep 2007
Kazandravk said:
's voice is funny. :D
Igneel is voiced by Hidekatsu Shibata who is also Narrator´s seiyuu.

I think in the end whole Fairy Tail story could be the legend told by Igneel in the future.
KleferiOct 20, 2010 2:10 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

101 by LightNoragami1 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

breathesunshine - May 17, 2010

112 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 10, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 3, 2010

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 26, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 8:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.