Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 24, 2010 7:43 PM
Jun 2009
Hey i got this weird case of brain damage going on... anyone know what's happening?
Aug 24, 2010 7:50 PM
Apr 2010
excsniper said:
Hey i got this weird case of brain damage going on... anyone know what's happening?

its called the enjoyment of SYD
Aug 24, 2010 7:56 PM

Jun 2008
excsniper said:

Maybe the 10 million unfunny sex jokes.

But to be fair, they occasionally do have 1 or 2 that are not so bad.
Aug 24, 2010 8:26 PM

Dec 2006
alexcampos said:
excsniper said:

Maybe the 10 million unfunny sex jokes.

But to be fair, they occasionally do have 1 or 2 that are not so bad.

Most of the time the punch-lines just kills the joke.

Funny fact that Family Guy itself does have the same effect.

Reporter girl is annoying, moral committee girl is bland as hell but the Teacher is still awesome.

Aug 24, 2010 9:12 PM

Apr 2008
LOL! The seitokai alrdy have the required .. so the sensei is like dont even need anything HAHA

Aug 24, 2010 9:58 PM
Jun 2008
@alexcampos
Only people with brain damage will enjoy this. just joking =P
When you watch this sort of Anime, your mind must be positive and swift when listening to the jokes, If not you can't enjoy this Anime to the fullest.Some extra knowledge on Japanese culture might help you enjoy this Anime as well
They also make fun of the meaning of word..
“Can language objectively describe truth?”in this Anime,It seems that language cannot objectively describe truth. This is because,language is socially conditioned.It is understand the world solely in terms of our language games."truth" as we perceive it, is itself socially constructed.
example:
IZUMI64 said:
"gattai!!" XD

Fucking sick.... =.=" I remember I heard this phrase from Kyō no Go no Ni

ehh...anyway,just enjoy the Anime =)
Aug 25, 2010 2:28 AM

Mar 2010
Blutspender said:
Now we know the real power of yaoi... although i nearly barfed.
Same but i just turned my head and looks away before the brain bleaching moment.
I lol'd so hard at the Pure people (Mitsuba) often fails to communicate with perverted people (Shino) and fails to communicate with Airheads (Aria).
KantonKageXAug 25, 2010 2:43 AM
Aug 25, 2010 5:30 AM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
@alexcampos
Only people with brain damage will enjoy this. just joking =P
When you watch this sort of Anime, your mind must be positive and swift when listening to the jokes, If not you can't enjoy this Anime to the fullest.Some extra knowledge on Japanese culture might help you enjoy this Anime as well
They also make fun of the meaning of word..
“Can language objectively describe truth?”in this Anime,It seems that language cannot objectively describe truth. This is because,language is socially conditioned.It is understand the world solely in terms of our language games."truth" as we perceive it, is itself socially constructed.
example:
IZUMI64 said:
"gattai!!" XD

Fucking sick.... =.=" I remember I heard this phrase from Kyō no Go no Ni

ehh...anyway,just enjoy the Anime =)

I understand most of the play-on-words jokes, I just don't think they are that funny.

This anime would be much better if they limit the sex jokes, but it's very constant with them, in other anime, sex jokes are much funnier because they are placed in good spots and they are done once in a while.

For example in this episode the best part was the Suzu pedo/loli joke. The worst part was the sports festival sex jokes, they were too predictable and unfunny.

I thought last week's episode was much better, it had a better blend comedy and they didn't tell a sex joke every 10 seconds the way this episode has.
Aug 25, 2010 7:21 AM
Jun 2008
_-"

Well, if you understand the jokes ,then I guess it's your brain that are refusing to laugh .

I guess every one has their taste of Anime.
MorningGloryAug 25, 2010 7:28 AM
Aug 25, 2010 8:37 AM
Jan 2009
alexcampos seems to be the only one here with half a brain, he understands the main problem this show has, that no one else here seems to realize. The sex jokes are too constant and even if they were funny (and they aren't) overusing ANY joke can completely destroy whatever comedy an Anime (or any other form of media) could have.

Look at Mitsudomoe (another show airing this season) for example. It's also not a great show, but it's okay (though the first few episodes were rather lacking) and it uses the same goddamn perverted jokes that Seitokai Yakuindomo uses, but it knows how to properly space its jokes out doesn't re-use the same jokes over and over again. In fact, the ONLY running gag it has that has to deal with sex is people misunderstanding what they're talking about when they refer to the class hamster, Nipples. It, overall, has consistently funny jokes that despite being largely perverse in nature, are still funny because of the comedic timing and NOT USING THE SAME JOKES OVER AND OVER.

Really, I feel sorry for you people. Either you must have no sense of humor whatsoever, or you simply haven't seen many good comedy anime. I cannot even fathom why someone would prefer such a generic and downright insulting "comedy" as Seitokai Yakuindomo, over other comedy Anime, including shows that are airing this season that are so much funnier, like Mitsudomoe and Occult Academy.

Seriously guys, watch other comedy Anime, and then look back on Seitokai Yakuindomo and please, realize that it was generic, shallow trite. Why, I'll even give you guys a small list of comedy anime better than SYD, that I urge you to check out.

Welcome to the NHK!
Azumanga Daioh
Ouran High School Host Club
Genshiken
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Seto no Hanayome
Hidamari Sketch
Bakemonogatari
Ichigo Mashimaro
Moyashimon
Seitokai no Ichizon
Hanamaru Youchien
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Aug 25, 2010 9:00 AM

Jun 2009
FFandMMfan said:
Really, I feel sorry for you people. Either you must have no sense of humor whatsoever, or you simply haven't seen many good comedy anime. I cannot even fathom why someone would prefer such a generic and downright insulting "comedy" as Seitokai Yakuindomo, over other comedy Anime, including shows that are airing this season that are so much funnier, like Mitsudomoe and Occult Academy.
Hearing that i don't have a sense of humour from someone who thinks Occult Academy is funny isn't even a bit convincing. Mitsudomoe is actually pretty good, though i'm getting tired of it.

FFandMMfan said:
i

But you see, we don't care if it's generic, shallow or whatever. We just enjoy our animu.
From what you've just mentioned, i can agree with only one title, Arakawa Under the Bridge. Then again i've seen only 6 of them.
OrochiPLAug 25, 2010 9:12 AM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 25, 2010 9:09 AM

Apr 2010
FFandMMfan said:
alexcampos seems to be the only one here with half a brain, he understands the main problem this show has, that no one else here seems to realize. The sex jokes are too constant and even if they were funny (and they aren't) overusing ANY joke can completely destroy whatever comedy an Anime (or any other form of media) could have.

Look at Mitsudomoe (another show airing this season) for example. It's also not a great show, but it's okay (though the first few episodes were rather lacking) and it uses the same goddamn perverted jokes that Seitokai Yakuindomo uses, but it knows how to properly space its jokes out doesn't re-use the same jokes over and over again. In fact, the ONLY running gag it has that has to deal with sex is people misunderstanding what they're talking about when they refer to the class hamster, Nipples. It, overall, has consistently funny jokes that despite being largely perverse in nature, are still funny because of the comedic timing and NOT USING THE SAME JOKES OVER AND OVER.

Seriously guys, watch other comedy Anime, and then look back on Seitokai Yakuindomo and please, realize that it was generic, shallow trite. Why, I'll even give you guys a small list of comedy anime better than SYD, that I urge you to check out.

Welcome to the NHK!
Azumanga Daioh
Genshiken
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Seto no Hanayome
Hidamari Sketch
Bakemonogatari
Ichigo Mashimaro
Moyashimon
Seitokai no Ichizon
Hanamaru Youchien
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
If you don't like this show, just drop it and move on.
Just stop insulting people who enjoy this show.
I personally think this is one of the best shows this season, Occult is pretty good but Seitokai is better.
Besides there several Anime in that list you posted that are of a completely different genre, not to mention aimed at different audiences.
Aug 25, 2010 9:17 AM
Jun 2008
This is weird, I am enjoying this episode very much and I can't seem to see the main problem...
FFandMMfan said:
Really, I feel sorry for you people

Anyway, you are very knowledgeable person of knowing what is the Best comedy for us.I felt as if I am a sinner for being enjoying this Anime.you are my Savior ^.^
Thank you for your wonderful guidance
Aug 25, 2010 9:24 AM

Apr 2010
MorningGlory said:
This is weird, I am enjoying this episode very much and I can't seem to see the main problem...
FFandMMfan said:

Anyway, you are very knowledgeable person of knowing what is the Best comedy for us.I felt as if I am a sinner for being enjoying this Anime.you are my Savior ^.^
Now let us all go to North Korea and be Communists together.
Aug 25, 2010 9:33 AM

May 2010
What's with this commotion?? @_@

Its only natural for some people to dislike this due to its repetitive, forced, and

predictable jokes.. But the rest tends to enjoy this because it's entertaining..

And I'm one of those.. Enjoying > Criticizing =)

Back to the ep..

I can't really imagine a seitokai planning sex games in sportsfest.. LMAO

"I lol'd so hard at the Pure people (Mitsuba) often fails to communicate with perverted people (Shino) and fails to communicate with Airheads (Aria)."

This..

Plus, sensei's scenes is still hilarious as ever..

"Someone who's loose?? Sensei!!" xD

Those crying faces before Kaichou's fight made me LOL for a reason that it would fail

but ended up winning with a BL scene... lulz..
Aug 25, 2010 9:44 AM
Apr 2010
Aversa said:
MorningGlory said:
FFandMMfan said:

Now let us all go to North Korea and be Communists together.

dude i dont follow your logic what does the enjoyment of this anime have to do with being a communist?
Aug 25, 2010 9:48 AM
Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
FFandMMfan said:
Hearing that i don't have a sense of humour from someone who thinks Occult Academy is funny isn't even a bit convincing. Mitsudomoe is actually pretty good, though i'm getting tired of it.

FFandMMfan said:
i

But you see, we don't care if it's generic, shallow or whatever. We just enjoy our animu.
From what you've just mentioned, i can agree with only one title, Arakawa Under the Bridge. Then again i've seen only 6 of them.

If you don't think Occult Academy is funny, you really DO have brain damage. It has perfect comedic delivery.

And, which 6 have you seen?

Aversa said:
FFandMMfan said:

Welcome to the NHK!
Azumanga Daioh
Genshiken
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Seto no Hanayome
Hidamari Sketch
Bakemonogatari
Ichigo Mashimaro
Moyashimon
Seitokai no Ichizon
Hanamaru Youchien
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
I personally think this is one of the best shows this season, Occult is pretty good but Seitokai is better.
Besides there several Anime in that list you posted that are of a completely different genre, not to mention aimed at different audiences.

I DID drop it, at episode 4.
The only reason I'm even here is because someone sent me a message about my Review for the show and how wrong I was (they're just stupid), and I decided to pop my head into the forum because of that and found that some foolish people seem to enjoy this crap, somehow.
Aug 25, 2010 9:59 AM

Feb 2009
Lol, comparing a 4-koma manga adaptation with an anime original show with completely different genres and audience targets. Great stuff there X'D.
Aug 25, 2010 10:00 AM
Jun 2008
FFandMMfan said:
they're just stupid

I am totally dumbfounded by your post...
You can criticize the Anime as much as you like, but please don't criticize the people as well .
MorningGloryAug 25, 2010 10:04 AM
Aug 25, 2010 10:06 AM

Mar 2010
FFandMMfan said:

Aversa said:

The only reason I'm even here is because someone sent me a message about my Review for the show and how wrong I was (they're just stupid), and I decided to pop my head into the forum because of that and found that some foolish people seem to enjoy this crap, somehow.

Then drop it again.
KantonKageXAug 25, 2010 2:48 PM
Aug 25, 2010 10:37 AM

Jun 2009
FFandMMfan said:

If you don't think Occult Academy is funny, you really DO have brain damage. It has perfect comedic delivery.

And, which 6 have you seen?
Arguing about OA and Seitokai Yakuindomo won't get us anywhere, so i'll just aswer your question. I have seen Welcome to the NHK!, Bakemonogatari, Seitokai no Ichizon, Hanamaru Youchien, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Though i've dropped Hanamru Youchien after 1st episode, so you may as well say that i've seen 5 of them.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 25, 2010 10:54 AM

Apr 2010
girlsdeadmonster said:

dude i dont follow your logic what does the enjoyment of this anime have to do with being a communist?
It was mend as sarcasm against FFandMMfan for forcing everyone to think the same as him.

FFandMMfan said:

Then why don't you go argue with that person instead of involving us all.
We have a right to like this show and we have a right to criticize you.

Picking a fight because people disagree with you, just grow up!!
Aug 25, 2010 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
FFandMMfan said:

whoah, thats pretty harsh to say, dont u think? o.O
Aug 25, 2010 12:39 PM
Apr 2009
lol whats with the japanese and fags? lol is it like white people and lesbians? XD
Aug 25, 2010 12:54 PM

Feb 2009
Don't try to argue with people trying to explain what you should find funny, what you shouldn't, and what you should enjoy. They know better than you. You lose.

Anyway.

Liked this last one, kinda slow to start (some jokes start to get overabused), but had epic moments later on.

The 'match' at the en was, huh.... unexpected *-*
Aug 25, 2010 1:50 PM

Jul 2009
Chill out people, you either like this show or you don't, there's no point in trying to convice other people to like what you do -_-"

Anyways, nice Suzu and Hata moments, when Tsuda killed the bug (went from YAY I'VE BEEN PRAISED to ... WAIT, ONLY NOW?! LOL), little sister and the BL scene of course ... (I totally half expected Shino to fail lol)

Athletic festival should be epic, judging from the board early on XD
Aug 25, 2010 4:20 PM

May 2010
Aug 25, 2010 8:24 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Shino is funny again. xD

Aug 25, 2010 8:36 PM

Jun 2010
Ok I hope this statement can help solve some of the disputes:

"Its ok to enjoy a bad show, as long as you know its a bad show"

This will stop those that are pushing everyone to stop watching SYD.

And also stop those that are saying that SYD is the greatest ever XD

Hope I helped :D
Aug 25, 2010 8:46 PM

Jun 2008
EvianBubble said:
Chill out people, you either like this show or you don't, there's no point in trying to convice other people to like what you do -_-"

Yeah, I agree with this comment, I don't think this is a great show but that's my opinion, I wouldn't want to convince others to stop watching it only because I don't enjoy it as much as they do.

I think SYD has a lot of problems in the way they deliver their jokes and the amount of sex jokes they pack into a single episode, but again that's my opinion and no one has to agree with it.

I will argue though, that people are allowed to express their grievance with the show by venting and letting out their rage, as long as they don't offend others and start to troll.

Besides, nobody likes it when others start to hate for no good reason, I've always said that giving negative feedback is OK as long as you explain yourself and not give idiotic one liners such as "this is fucking stupid" or "all of you are idiots for liking this shit".

Those are obvious trolls and should be ignored, I've also believed that we should be able to BLOCK troll comments and possibly DELETE them from threads, they don't serve anyone good.
Aug 27, 2010 5:55 PM

May 2010
never fails to make me laugh XDD

~Nyaaa~

Aug 27, 2010 6:14 PM

Mar 2010
the beginning was so epic

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 28, 2010 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
LUL here LOL there XP
Aug 28, 2010 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
LOL@ the yaoi part! Hahahahahahaha!

Another hilarious episode~! Next one is the cultural; where I'm sure MANY antics will occur xDDD
Aug 28, 2010 9:54 PM

Mar 2009
I find myself enjoying Seitokai Yakuindomo only when it breaks up the monotony of double entendres and predictable sex jokes. For example, in this episode specifically, the scene with the two students bumping into each other and ultimately falling in love was actually kind of funny. Almost like it was poking fun at those silly stories that are only found in anime. Can't we have more of that? And if I recall, there was a similar joke like this an episode or two ago.
MormegilAug 28, 2010 10:13 PM
Aug 29, 2010 10:02 AM

May 2010
zimno said:
and the Journalist
this was epic :D

"someone light - a loose woman - sensei please" and this :D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Sep 3, 2010 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
Plenty of Lolz this episode.
Sep 7, 2010 9:25 PM

Feb 2010
man they need to slow down the text so my eyes can read everything on the screen
Sep 17, 2010 9:35 AM

Jul 2008
checkdafool said:
man they need to slow down the text so my eyes can read everything on the screen
haha inorite? i paused at the things where they were explaining pedophiles and lolis. XD
Sep 19, 2010 1:06 AM

Jun 2009
Lol, I thought that was Prez's vision (2 guys on the bed scene) while in the Judo match
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 31, 2010 2:05 AM
Feb 2009
lol..
Nov 18, 2010 5:53 PM

Oct 2008
TraumaHunter said:
Someone light -> a loose woman -> sensei please"

Win.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 28, 2010 10:00 PM

Jan 2010
I learned new words XD

Pedo & Lolicon
Dec 4, 2010 12:55 PM

Jun 2008
Aversa said:
FFandMMfan said:

Welcome to the NHK!
Azumanga Daioh
Genshiken
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Seto no Hanayome
Hidamari Sketch
Bakemonogatari
Ichigo Mashimaro
Moyashimon
Seitokai no Ichizon
Hanamaru Youchien
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

+1
-----------------------
Watching anime is like eating.....
Instead of a proper nutritional meal, sometimes you just want a burger and fries.
Seitokai Yakuindomo is my Cheeseburger with Cheese fries and a Large Milkshake!!
DAMN I'M HUNGRY!!!
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!
Aug 14, 2011 6:16 PM

Mar 2011
I like this episode.

I like this show.

'nuff said.
Dec 23, 2011 12:19 AM

Dec 2007
The episode was good.
Dec 28, 2011 10:51 AM

Feb 2010
Epic scene when she went to the fight; KAICHO!!!
Apr 2, 2012 9:35 AM
Feb 2012
Five minutes into this episode and it's enough already. This anime lacks substance and plot; it's nothing but a collection of dirty jokes. Don't get me wrong- I love me some good jokes and many times I laughed out loud but I can't waste my time with 13 episodes (+OVA?) that consist of basically nothing. Dropped without rating since it wouldn't be fair to rate it without finishing the whole thing.

Glad to read that some of you are able to enjoy this show. Keep doing so, guys.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 13, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
That BL scene....MOAR PLEASEE. *heavy breathing*

Hagu is as adorable as ever<3
Nov 3, 2012 1:18 AM

Sep 2012
Funniest quote for this episode. "He'd rather be raped than do the raping."
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Any good?

Mr-Yoshi - Mar 6

11 by veseny »»
Mar 8, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Sep 25, 2010

208 by Apratim »»
Feb 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 17, 2010

179 by Apratim »»
Feb 10, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jul 3, 2010

286 by Apratim »»
Feb 10, 7:30 AM

» Wow FFandMMfan's hate for this anime was really toxic

AkihitoZero1224 - Dec 31, 2023

12 by Saynarra »»
Jan 1, 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.